Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SavageBeast

Location & Rules

Location ; A Parking Lot. 
Iron Fist and Karate Kid are blood-lusted.  
Midnighter stays in character. 
No prep for either side. 
Iron Fist has powered-up chi. 
No Door. 

Who wins.........?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Emperorb777

KK solos

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ComicStooge

KK probably solos.

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By matmatxm8

Even if Iron fist switches to team 1,

Karate kid would still pound both of their asses.

Spite!!!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

Midnighter could probably beat Iron Fist but definitely lose to Karate Kid

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By laflux

PIS Kid Solo's

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By FourthDeity

Could Midnight win with doors?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeonGameWave

Team 2.

Resonance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Resonance

@laflux said:

PIS Kid Solo's

I don't really think it's PIS since all of his feats are portrayed as consistent.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@matmatxm8 said:

Even if Iron fist switches to team 1,

Karate kid would still pound both of their asses.

Spite!!!

Unlikely. Both together i'd support Midnighter and Iron Fist.

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By matmatxm8

@Strider92:

dude, Karate kid pounds superman effortlessly everyday of the week

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@matmatxm8 said:

@Strider92:

Would you mind showing me 2 scans of KK beating Superman then? Or the names of both the issues if he does it so many times?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Veitha

@FourthDeity said:

Could Midnight win with doors?

I think so. He's just to say "Door" and he wins. And wouldn't his powers allow him to see every Iron Fist's and Karate Kid's moves before they make them??

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Killemall

@Strider92 said:

Would you mind showing me 2 scans of KK beating Superman then? Or the names of both the issues if he does it so many times?

Karate Kid hasnt even fought Superman, the best is him fight and beating a pre-crisis Superboy, not sure if you would count that, i suppose i can look for the issue and scan if you are interested.

That being said KK has done stuffs that should warrent him the victory, he has in a weakened condition ripped a steel vault to shread with but a punch, stopped a earthquake with a kick, sealed a volcano with mere hands, fought and made Equus look like a noob. His feats are consistently way beyond anything a normal Steet level + would be able to accomplish (gotta be honestly with you i have read like 15 of Iron Fist appearences and 2 Midnighter appearances so very very limited knoweledge on those characters, but still find it hard to believe KK couldnt overcome them together, given the way he is written).

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By matmatxm8

@Strider92 said:

@matmatxm8 said:

@Strider92:

Thy Wish Shall Be Granted

No Caption Provided
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@Killemall: I'm not saying he definitely couldn't beat them but I think a case could be made for Iron Fist and Midnighter. Especially as Iron Fist has chi and is bloodlusted.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Killemall

@matmatxm8: Thats pre-crisis and its Superboy BTW and its from Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes story arc, still a pretty impressive feat given he has towed planets.

@Strider92 said:

@Killemall: I'm not saying he definitely couldn't beat them but I think a case could be made for Iron Fist and Midnighter. Especially as Iron Fist has chi and is bloodlusted.

While i can see where you are coming from, and we have seen Batman hurt KK with his punches and all, but he has been hit by metorites, class 100 beings, amped up super gorillas (lol i know that feats makes little sense but love quoting those), taken hits from Mon El without getting KOed (KK didnt win the fight though, not sure if he has ever beaten Mon El), and hits from Ultraboy.

I think he has been shown, which actually hardly makes sense, to have durability to tank some beastly attack, i think he would do well against few Kai enchanced punches (not too sure how powerful those are), but the reverse cant be said (i hope, still dont know enough of either character). He has broken an un-named Daxamite's jaw with and with few blows shattered a bullet proof being called Ferro.

But then its just me throwing my 2 cents out there, i have no illusion that i even remotely know IF or Midnighter as good as you do.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Despite the sheer the ridiculous that is KK, I wouldn't say it's PIS cause it is consistent with his character and pretty much has been. Ridiculous...but consistent.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strider1992

@Killemall: Well Midnighter i'm reasonably competent on Iron Fist I don't have much knowledge however I did see quite a few impressive feats. 1-shotting the SHIELD Hellicarrier, hurting Ragnarok (Thor clone) and giving Skarr a brief run for his money.

This isn't bloodlusted either.

@matmatxm8 said:

No Caption Provided

Thy Wish Shall Be Granted

1. That is Superboy not Superman

2. I asked for two scans. 1 scan is not consistent. If he beats him every week like you say he does you must have another scan of it.

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By matmatxm8

@Strider92:

Killemall is right,

KK never fought supes but KK proves himself to be capable so,

since he has beaten kryptonians regularly

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@matmatxm8 said:

@Strider92:

Killemall is right,

KK never fought supes but KK proves himself to be capable so,

since he has beaten kryptonians regularly

Again aside from that feat you just posted can you provide another scan of him easily besting a Kryptonian? Once is far from consistent and does not constitute "regularly beating".

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By matmatxm8

@Strider92:

I didn't meant to apply hyperbole this time,

he has already proved himself to beat kryptonians effortlessly

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@matmatxm8 said:

@Strider92:

I didn't meant to apply hyperbole this time,

he has already proved himself to beat kryptonians effortlessly

As I said 1 showing is not enough. Spider-man beat Firelord with his fists but does that mean he can beat Galactus Heralds as effortlessly as he did Firelord? No it doesn't because it was a one-off showing that he hasn't (and shouldn't) be able to replicate again.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

People have painted a picture of KK based on high end feats from multiple incarnations of the character and present that as a singular, consistent representation when it's not. "KK beats up Kryptonians regularly", right, even though he's been embarrassed by superboy in fights (in one, not even knowing that he was doing no damage at all while he tired himself out trying before getting beaten), he beats Ultraboy not in his super strong or durable mode but when he's in his fast mode, his fight against Mon-El that's overhyped happens when he's possessed and he doesn't actually hurt him at any point, he just jumps around in ways Mon-El can't anticipate so he doesn't get laser blasted, and fighting Supergirl in the modern day, he does absolutely no damage at all with a couple of direct hits. Even in the few fights where he does manage to do things to Kryptonian level characters, it's almost entirely him redirecting them so they hurt themselves (if they're even hurt at all) or simply holding them, which does no damage and is no more reasonable that BP pulling an armbar on the Surfer.

Bringing it to the fight at hand, his impressive offense comes from what's basically a Karnak-like ability to hit things in the right spot, but that doesn't really do him any good against someone who can tell where he's going to hit and avoid it or just shift a millimeters off to the side. Even his evasive ability would be useless against Midnighter because as he's said himself, it works because he can dodge in unexpected ways so he doesn't get tagged, but Midnighter's whole thing is knowing what his enemy will do before they do, so KK won't be avoiding him as easily as he sometimes does.

And the breaking of a daxamites jaw thing isn't really accurate. The Daxamite's jaw looked funny a couple pages later, but I chalk that up to art. He was depicted as being surprised (he was surprised the kick to his face caused him to drop a ship he was holding) and his mouth was open and looked funny the way it was, but it didn't seem broken to me. On top of that, he's talking for the whole time without trouble and there's no mention made of his jaw being broken.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Wyldsong

@Buckshot: Great breakdown, and this is pretty much what I wanted to say. For some reason with KK, people tend to forget the most current version of the character rule (unless otherwise stated) and tend to present an amalgamated version of the character from all of his incarnations.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Needlebay

Pre-Crisis Karate Kid wins.

Zero Hour Karate Kid wins.

3boot Karate Kid loses.

KK's best feat is putting Pre-Crisis Superboy in a hold. A mind controlled, going all out Superboy, who can tow a solar system worth of planets. He's tagged speedsters such as Don Allen, dodged lightning from Validus, Lightning Lad, and other various energy projectiles. He's taken blows from Daxamites and caused earthquakes with just his feet.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jobbernos

midnighter.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Needlebay

Are we using current Val?

matmatxm8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By matmatxm8

@Strider92:

I don't actually read Legion of Superheroes, I don't have a scan about KK beating kryptonians,

that picture just came from google

I'm just being realist.

I heard that KK pounded mon-el too and other kryptonians

I also heard that KK had an upgrade from brainiac 5

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chaos Prime

If a flesh & Blood being like Nemisis Kid can give KK the beating of a life time so can Midnighter imo.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XiiX

@Immortal777 said:

KK solos