• 180 results
#1 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i think death stoke. would win.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to need more than that.

#4 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

just from what i know about each one of them i think that death stroke even tho he can't have explosive, he would have somthing else up his sleave just incase the going get tough.

#5 Posted by Switch (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter. He can predict the outcome of any fight. Therefore he could use his shuirukens to keep deathstroke at a distance or to bring him in close. Whatever would guarantee victory.

#6 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Boken says:

"just from what i know about each one of them i think that death stroke even tho he can't have explosive, he would have somthing else up his sleave just incase the going get tough. "

Something "up his sleave" other than the sword and knives he was allowed? He may have a plan, but no extra toys.

Kordel says:

"Midnighter. He can predict the outcome of any fight. Therefore he could use his shuirukens to keep deathstroke at a distance or to bring him in close. Whatever would guarantee victory."

Deathstroke's mind works like Midnighter's. It's not exactly the same, but he's a genius and master planner and his "thing" is always being several steps ahead, just like Midnighter. Put the them both on the spot and I think you'd be right(though I also think Deathstroke would give him a little trouble), but with a whole day to prepare, I think Deathstroke is likely to have come up with ways to win. While Midnighter would get some help from the day of reading and prep, he relies so much on his battle computer while he's in battle, that I doubt he'd be actively planning the day before.

#7 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe with the way its set up there is no wrong answer. I'm leaning towards Midnighter but it wouldnt shock me if Deathstroke won.

#8 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know because deathstroke is a combative genius and has seen and photographically remembered the moves of tons of heroes and villains, but midnighter has a computer-like mind that can predict the outcome of a decision. I think deathstroke would win cuz even if midnighter can predict the outcome it doesn't mean it will be positive.

#9 Posted by Logic Mark II (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke. With the stipulation that they can read up on their opponents, Deathstroke wouldnt attack Midnighter, just like Danny Chan did in The Authority: Human on The Inside, and let him slip up as his ability relies on the other person attacking.

#10 Posted by Inferno Kid (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke win the fight

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark II says:

"Deathstroke. With the stipulation that they can read up on their opponents, Deathstroke wouldnt attack Midnighter, just like Danny Chan did in The Authority: Human on The Inside, and let him slip up as his ability relies on the other person attacking."

One time does not make a rule. He's attacked first and won numerous times.

#12 Posted by Logic Mark II (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay once does not make a rule but it shouldnt be disregarded, and it does fit the pattern of his ability; if there is no fight to see he is just using his [exceptional] skill in a reactive fashion. Yes we have seen Midnighter attack first but 1. has it always been in the way you have set up the fight against someone as formidable as you have picked who has prepped? and 2. If someone has the intention to attack first he will see it and thus can move to attack before they can, making it appear as though he has attacked first [yes he has physically attacked first but the other person INTENDED to attack first]

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. While he rarely attacks people of his skill level (simply because there aren't many in his universe), he does fight against skilled fighters and groups of people who, while not as skilled as he is, still require him to work out the fight like he would against someone who is on his skill level. He's attacked both of these kinds of enemies first and walked away victorious. When he's attacking first it's not just a normal attack without his battle computer, he's using it and that's obvious when you look at how the battle plays out after that first attack.

2. He's attacked people both with and without the intention to attack first.

If Deathstroke reads all his comics, he'll see that yes, one time he couldn't attack first but he never had that problem before or after that. I think Deathstroke would write it off as either bad writing or an anomaly. Either way, he wouldn't rely on it and when the battle starts he's not going to sit there open to an attack just to test it out.

#14 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"1. While he rarely attacks people of his skill level (simply because there aren't many in his universe), he does fight against skilled fighters and groups of people who, while not as skilled as he is, still require him to work out the fight like he would against someone who is on his skill level. He's attacked both of these kinds of enemies first and walked away victorious. When he's attacking first it's not just a normal attack without his battle computer, he's using it and that's obvious when you look at how the battle plays out after that first attack. 2. He's attacked people both with and without the intention to attack first. If Deathstroke reads all his comics, he'll see that yes, *one* time he couldn't attack first but he never had that problem before or after that. I think Deathstroke would write it off as either bad writing or an anomaly. Either way, he wouldn't rely on it and when the battle starts he's not going to sit there open to an attack just to test it out."

True. I still don't know who would win though...

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not 100% either, that's why I made the thread. I'm just defending both sides until one man shows himself to be better than the other.

#16 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you. So far it's turning out to be really close. Quite frankly, I think might end in a stalemate.

#17 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke has the prettier costume. I mean, come on. Who can beat those swashbuckler's boots and the matching eye patch?

Seriously though, I can't decided, because I can't make up my mind which character I hate less. I'm probably pulling for Midnighter to win since I don't read Authority related material. That way, once Midnighter kills Deathstroke, he won't show up in my comics anymore.

Now that I've added nothing useful to the thread, please continue your discussion.

#18 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

ill go with deathstroke

#19 Posted by Iron Apollo (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke's mind works better in the heat of battle

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Better than Midnighter's? Proof?

#21 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say Death Stroke. Being that like you said Buckshot, movement, actions and thought, are all one thing for Stroke. I'd have to say him, because Midnighter wouldn't be able to win. I have to say Stroke. I might be wrong. Unless you can enlighten us Buckshot, I think Stroke

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18914 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter is also incredibly fast both mentally and physically (reactions, not running speed) when he needs to be. You think I'd make the fight if one guy had such an obvious advantage over the other?

#23 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe, would you?

#24 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

True... But it all boils down to one question, who can move faster, has a higher reaction speed, and thinks faster?

#25 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I think whoever wins would probably have to get lucky. They're way too evenly matched, from what I know about them, and I don't know enough about Midnighter to suggest something that would allow him to win or cause him to lose.

Deathstroke has caught super speedsters by surprise. Midnighter can move so quickly, in short bursts, that he can elude the gaze of a super speedster. Deathstroke thinks 9 times faster than a human being and has plan after plan for every contingency. Midnighter can go over almost every possible outcome for a fight within seconds so that he can actually tell his opponent how the fight will proceed. This is a draw or someone has to know a little bit more than I do to be able to give you a good reason for one over the other.

Sorry I couldn't help you but this was an excellent choice of combatants.

#26 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting. I wonder how many scenarios Deathstroke can think of in one day. Can he think of millions? Can his mind contain that many scenarios? Even if DS could think of millions of scenarios like Midnighter, M thinks of millions within the first second, what about the second second? If M knows where they are fighting and who he is fighting, couldn't he just use his battle computer during his day's prep time and think of billions of scenarios? Also, while Deathstroke is thinking his brain off on how to beat M, M could basically be relaxing, so that when the fight occurs, his body and mind are rested and he could have the advantage that way. Those are my thoughts anyways.

Sorry, I'm looking through Forever's posts trying to find a good fight and this one didn't seem to be settled yet.

#27 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah this would be a battle and a half! Saying that I think I would have to give it to Midnighter. I think the spontaneity of his strategy would be the deciding factor in this fight. Both are capable of moving at super fast speeds especially in combat but I think Deathstroke's planning would be his downfall. Like in Identity Crisis he was doing smooth until his plan started to unravel and then he got taken down. If Midnighter managed to pull something off at the spur of the moment that Deathstroke wasn't prepared for it would be a small step away from a shuriken to his bad eye and then worse from there.

#28 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke. No Contest.

#29 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"Deathstroke. No Contest."

LOL. I f@cking knew it was coming.... No contest, my @$$.... The least you could do is state why you think it's a curbstomp instead of saying it.

Anyway, I'm gonna say Midnighter. His physical attributes seems greater. And the battle computer vs. 90% efficiency of the brain... I'm thinking the battle comp. would do better here. I'll be real though... With Deathstroke's ability to use 90% of his brain, I think he could be able to stay on his toes with Midnighter for a while. But, with Midnighter winning in the end, but not by much.

#30 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm going with it being a toss up who would win.

#31 Posted by King Saturn (224001 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter should win here in a close match with Deathstroke. Midnighter has the slight strength advantage and mental advatage with Mignigher's computer intellect. Deathstroke may be able to use 90 percent of his brain power, and his strength may be of that of tem men ( average 1 ton ) pressing strength. But I still say Midnighter wins here. He just seems to be a better H2H combat fighter to me. But this fight is close Midnighter wont be coming out of this fight saying " Piece A Cake ".

#32 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Deathstroke think of/see/predict every single punch as its gonna happen? or does he just make very good plans beforehand? I dont see why it would be close if he doesnt have the exact same way of predicting an attackers moves as Midnighter does. And as i have been told many a time Midnighter is quick enough to kill speedsters when no one else could, so whats a guy who fights people like Batman [who doesnt have a brain that predicts every single punch and kick of the upcoming fight, rather he just uses his excellent peak human skill] to a stalemate gonna do?

#33 Posted by Cavalry (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to go for Deathstroke: even batman praised him as the best 'tactical genius on the planet'.

He soloed the JL all at once, including a GL. I dont see Midnighter doing that.

#34 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter may not have done the Jl by himself but he has done over a GL

#35 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#36 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

This is how I view it, if it's really close between Spider-Man and Midnighter, and Spider-Man takes out Deathstroke, I'll have to put my money on Midnighter. Midnighter's going to have as much information as possible on Deathstroke and he'll already be planning and figuring out how to take out Deathstroke. He has his speed bursts and like Buckshot stated several times before about Deathstroke, he has an amazing healing factor, that being said, if Deathstroke stabs Midnighter, it'll hurt him, but he'll keep coming and heal his body from the wound. Midnighter's incredibly fast, and especially intelligent.

I'm not saying it would be easy for Midnighter, however I think that when it comes to Midnighter, Deathstroke won't have it cut and dried. Deathstroke doesn't have explosives and is only allowed a sword and throwing knives, that's not alot against a guy who can zone into Stroke and blitz him. I'll admit Deathstroke's a very calculating mind, however I just don't see him capable of out thinking a machine like Midnighter.

#37 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Static, Logic said batman DIDN'T have punch predicting abilities...

#38 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Ace High says:

"Static, Logic said batman DIDN'T have punch predicting abilities..."

Oops... I read that wrong...

#39 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter.

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good fight

#42 Posted by kobashi (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

I HAVE ....no idea

#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter.He knows how to win before is starts.Deathstroke doesn't have overwhelming physical ability or anything else that would override Midnighter's implants or his abilities.

#44 Posted by kobashi (1016 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Midnighter.He knows how to win before is starts.Deathstroke doesn't have overwhelming physical ability or anything else that would override Midnighter's implants or his abilities."
I dont recall giving you permission to post here
#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
kobashi said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnighter.He knows how to win before is starts.Deathstroke doesn't have overwhelming physical ability or anything else that would override Midnighter's implants or his abilities."
I dont recall giving you permission to post here"
You're banned..FAIL.
#46 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
kobashi said:
"I HAVE ....no idea"
Why did you post then?
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh BTW kobashi you are a f#ckin retard for calling this a good fight when it's obviously and easy win for Midnighter.

#48 Posted by kobashi (1016 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"kobashi said:
"I HAVE ....no idea"
Why did you post then?
"

Because I can, why are you here, its obvious you dont know anything about either of these characters

BTW You still never told me who Punisher fought that would tear nightwing and batman up, probably because you pulled that out of your ass so you avoided my question all together

Cowards like yourself usually do that
#49 Edited by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

As I've told you more than once kobashi, I'm not debating with you anymore. You can reply to my debates all you want but, I won't respond, because frankly you are an annoying jackass.

#50 Posted by Ferro Vida (34677 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"As I've told you more than once kobashi, I'm not debating with you anymore. You can reply to my debates all you want but, I won't respond, because frankly you area an annoying jackass.
"
Bravo. You are a bigger man than me