I'm going to need more than that.

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Boken

just from what i know about each one of them i think that death stroke even tho he can't have explosive, he would have somthing else up his sleave just incase the going get tough.

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Switch

Midnighter. He can predict the outcome of any fight. Therefore he could use his shuirukens to keep deathstroke at a distance or to bring him in close. Whatever would guarantee victory.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Darth Boken says:

"just from what i know about each one of them i think that death stroke even tho he can't have explosive, he would have somthing else up his sleave just incase the going get tough. "

Something "up his sleave" other than the sword and knives he was allowed? He may have a plan, but no extra toys.

Kordel says:

"Midnighter. He can predict the outcome of any fight. Therefore he could use his shuirukens to keep deathstroke at a distance or to bring him in close. Whatever would guarantee victory."

Deathstroke's mind works like Midnighter's. It's not exactly the same, but he's a genius and master planner and his "thing" is always being several steps ahead, just like Midnighter. Put the them both on the spot and I think you'd be right(though I also think Deathstroke would give him a little trouble), but with a whole day to prepare, I think Deathstroke is likely to have come up with ways to win. While Midnighter would get some help from the day of reading and prep, he relies so much on his battle computer while he's in battle, that I doubt he'd be actively planning the day before.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I believe with the way its set up there is no wrong answer. I'm leaning towards Midnighter but it wouldnt shock me if Deathstroke won.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I don't know because deathstroke is a combative genius and has seen and photographically remembered the moves of tons of heroes and villains, but midnighter has a computer-like mind that can predict the outcome of a decision. I think deathstroke would win cuz even if midnighter can predict the outcome it doesn't mean it will be positive.

Logic Mark II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Logic Mark II

Deathstroke. With the stipulation that they can read up on their opponents, Deathstroke wouldnt attack Midnighter, just like Danny Chan did in The Authority: Human on The Inside, and let him slip up as his ability relies on the other person attacking.

Inferno Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Inferno Kid

Deathstroke win the fight

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Logic Mark II says:

"Deathstroke. With the stipulation that they can read up on their opponents, Deathstroke wouldnt attack Midnighter, just like Danny Chan did in The Authority: Human on The Inside, and let him slip up as his ability relies on the other person attacking."

One time does not make a rule. He's attacked first and won numerous times.

Logic Mark II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Logic Mark II

Okay once does not make a rule but it shouldnt be disregarded, and it does fit the pattern of his ability; if there is no fight to see he is just using his [exceptional] skill in a reactive fashion. Yes we have seen Midnighter attack first but 1. has it always been in the way you have set up the fight against someone as formidable as you have picked who has prepped? and 2. If someone has the intention to attack first he will see it and thus can move to attack before they can, making it appear as though he has attacked first [yes he has physically attacked first but the other person INTENDED to attack first]

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
  1. While he rarely attacks people of his skill level (simply because there aren't many in his universe), he does fight against skilled fighters and groups of people who, while not as skilled as he is, still require him to work out the fight like he would against someone who is on his skill level. He's attacked both of these kinds of enemies first and walked away victorious. When he's attacking first it's not just a normal attack without his battle computer, he's using it and that's obvious when you look at how the battle plays out after that first attack.

2. He's attacked people both with and without the intention to attack first.

If Deathstroke reads all his comics, he'll see that yes, one time he couldn't attack first but he never had that problem before or after that. I think Deathstroke would write it off as either bad writing or an anomaly. Either way, he wouldn't rely on it and when the battle starts he's not going to sit there open to an attack just to test it out.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"1. While he rarely attacks people of his skill level (simply because there aren't many in his universe), he does fight against skilled fighters and groups of people who, while not as skilled as he is, still require him to work out the fight like he would against someone who is on his skill level. He's attacked both of these kinds of enemies first and walked away victorious. When he's attacking first it's not just a normal attack without his battle computer, he's using it and that's obvious when you look at how the battle plays out after that first attack. 2. He's attacked people both with and without the intention to attack first. If Deathstroke reads all his comics, he'll see that yes, *one* time he couldn't attack first but he never had that problem before or after that. I think Deathstroke would write it off as either bad writing or an anomaly. Either way, he wouldn't rely on it and when the battle starts he's not going to sit there open to an attack just to test it out."

True. I still don't know who would win though...

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm not 100% either, that's why I made the thread. I'm just defending both sides until one man shows himself to be better than the other.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I agree with you. So far it's turning out to be really close. Quite frankly, I think might end in a stalemate.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Prodigal Son

Deathstroke has the prettier costume. I mean, come on. Who can beat those swashbuckler's boots and the matching eye patch?

Seriously though, I can't decided, because I can't make up my mind which character I hate less. I'm probably pulling for Midnighter to win since I don't read Authority related material. That way, once Midnighter kills Deathstroke, he won't show up in my comics anymore.

Now that I've added nothing useful to the thread, please continue your discussion.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Constantine

ill go with deathstroke

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Iron Apollo

Deathstroke's mind works better in the heat of battle

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Better than Midnighter's? Proof?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I'd have to say Death Stroke. Being that like you said Buckshot, movement, actions and thought, are all one thing for Stroke. I'd have to say him, because Midnighter wouldn't be able to win. I have to say Stroke. I might be wrong. Unless you can enlighten us Buckshot, I think Stroke

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Midnighter is also incredibly fast both mentally and physically (reactions, not running speed) when he needs to be. You think I'd make the fight if one guy had such an obvious advantage over the other?

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Boken

maybe, would you?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

True... But it all boils down to one question, who can move faster, has a higher reaction speed, and thinks faster?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Forever

I think whoever wins would probably have to get lucky. They're way too evenly matched, from what I know about them, and I don't know enough about Midnighter to suggest something that would allow him to win or cause him to lose.

Deathstroke has caught super speedsters by surprise. Midnighter can move so quickly, in short bursts, that he can elude the gaze of a super speedster. Deathstroke thinks 9 times faster than a human being and has plan after plan for every contingency. Midnighter can go over almost every possible outcome for a fight within seconds so that he can actually tell his opponent how the fight will proceed. This is a draw or someone has to know a little bit more than I do to be able to give you a good reason for one over the other.

Sorry I couldn't help you but this was an excellent choice of combatants.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Super-Buster

Very interesting. I wonder how many scenarios Deathstroke can think of in one day. Can he think of millions? Can his mind contain that many scenarios? Even if DS could think of millions of scenarios like Midnighter, M thinks of millions within the first second, what about the second second? If M knows where they are fighting and who he is fighting, couldn't he just use his battle computer during his day's prep time and think of billions of scenarios? Also, while Deathstroke is thinking his brain off on how to beat M, M could basically be relaxing, so that when the fight occurs, his body and mind are rested and he could have the advantage that way. Those are my thoughts anyways.

Sorry, I'm looking through Forever's posts trying to find a good fight and this one didn't seem to be settled yet.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ace High

Yeah this would be a battle and a half! Saying that I think I would have to give it to Midnighter. I think the spontaneity of his strategy would be the deciding factor in this fight. Both are capable of moving at super fast speeds especially in combat but I think Deathstroke's planning would be his downfall. Like in Identity Crisis he was doing smooth until his plan started to unravel and then he got taken down. If Midnighter managed to pull something off at the spur of the moment that Deathstroke wasn't prepared for it would be a small step away from a shuriken to his bad eye and then worse from there.

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Deathstroke. No Contest.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Static Shock

Midnight Lantern says:

"Deathstroke. No Contest."

LOL. I f@cking knew it was coming.... No contest, my @$$.... The least you could do is state why you think it's a curbstomp instead of saying it.

Anyway, I'm gonna say Midnighter. His physical attributes seems greater. And the battle computer vs. 90% efficiency of the brain... I'm thinking the battle comp. would do better here. I'll be real though... With Deathstroke's ability to use 90% of his brain, I think he could be able to stay on his toes with Midnighter for a while. But, with Midnighter winning in the end, but not by much.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Apparition

i'm going with it being a toss up who would win.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn

Midnighter should win here in a close match with Deathstroke. Midnighter has the slight strength advantage and mental advatage with Mignigher's computer intellect. Deathstroke may be able to use 90 percent of his brain power, and his strength may be of that of tem men ( average 1 ton ) pressing strength. But I still say Midnighter wins here. He just seems to be a better H2H combat fighter to me. But this fight is close Midnighter wont be coming out of this fight saying " Piece A Cake ".

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Logic Mark III

Does Deathstroke think of/see/predict every single punch as its gonna happen? or does he just make very good plans beforehand? I dont see why it would be close if he doesnt have the exact same way of predicting an attackers moves as Midnighter does. And as i have been told many a time Midnighter is quick enough to kill speedsters when no one else could, so whats a guy who fights people like Batman [who doesnt have a brain that predicts every single punch and kick of the upcoming fight, rather he just uses his excellent peak human skill] to a stalemate gonna do?

Cavalry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cavalry

I would have to go for Deathstroke: even batman praised him as the best 'tactical genius on the planet'.

He soloed the JL all at once, including a GL. I dont see Midnighter doing that.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Logic Mark III

Midnighter may not have done the Jl by himself but he has done over a GL

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock

Post Deleted.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kain Echnida

This is how I view it, if it's really close between Spider-Man and Midnighter, and Spider-Man takes out Deathstroke, I'll have to put my money on Midnighter. Midnighter's going to have as much information as possible on Deathstroke and he'll already be planning and figuring out how to take out Deathstroke. He has his speed bursts and like Buckshot stated several times before about Deathstroke, he has an amazing healing factor, that being said, if Deathstroke stabs Midnighter, it'll hurt him, but he'll keep coming and heal his body from the wound. Midnighter's incredibly fast, and especially intelligent.

I'm not saying it would be easy for Midnighter, however I think that when it comes to Midnighter, Deathstroke won't have it cut and dried. Deathstroke doesn't have explosives and is only allowed a sword and throwing knives, that's not alot against a guy who can zone into Stroke and blitz him. I'll admit Deathstroke's a very calculating mind, however I just don't see him capable of out thinking a machine like Midnighter.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ace High

Static, Logic said batman DIDN'T have punch predicting abilities...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock

Ace High says:

"Static, Logic said batman DIDN'T have punch predicting abilities..."

Oops... I read that wrong...

Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Xeron

Midnighter.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HalJordan1986x

This is a good fight

kobashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kobashi

I HAVE ....no idea

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Midnighter.He knows how to win before is starts.Deathstroke doesn't have overwhelming physical ability or anything else that would override Midnighter's implants or his abilities.

kobashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kobashi
Vance Astro said:
"Midnighter.He knows how to win before is starts.Deathstroke doesn't have overwhelming physical ability or anything else that would override Midnighter's implants or his abilities."
I dont recall giving you permission to post here
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
kobashi said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Midnighter.He knows how to win before is starts.Deathstroke doesn't have overwhelming physical ability or anything else that would override Midnighter's implants or his abilities."
I dont recall giving you permission to post here"
You're banned..FAIL.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46  Edited By The_Martian
kobashi said:
"I HAVE ....no idea"
Why did you post then?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Oh BTW kobashi you are a f#ckin retard for calling this a good fight when it's obviously and easy win for Midnighter.

kobashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kobashi
Nobody said:
"kobashi said:
"I HAVE ....no idea"
Why did you post then?
"

Because I can, why are you here, its obvious you dont know anything about either of these characters

BTW You still never told me who Punisher fought that would tear nightwing and batman up, probably because you pulled that out of your ass so you avoided my question all together

Cowards like yourself usually do that
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49  Edited By The_Martian

As I've told you more than once kobashi, I'm not debating with you anymore. You can reply to my debates all you want but, I won't respond, because frankly you are an annoying jackass.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ferro Vida
Nobody said:
"As I've told you more than once kobashi, I'm not debating with you anymore. You can reply to my debates all you want but, I won't respond, because frankly you area an annoying jackass.
"
Bravo. You are a bigger man than me