Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By castleking
No Caption Provided
Cardiac dispenses justice - Fear Itself: the Home Front #3
Cardiac dispenses justice - Fear Itself: the Home Front #3
Cis on, morals on, pis off.
use of comic reference and or scans..
be civil and respectful... no out of context statements or purposely misleading posters.

Cardiac has broken into a corporate  building and killed everyone in there. Midnighter sees him and confronts him..

no carrier or doors.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Midnighter wins again...

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Ren said:
" Are you nuts. Cardiac would thump Midnighter. "
And just how would he do that?
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By whacknasty
@Ren said:
" Midnighter fighting Cardiac would be like Midnighter fighting Spiderman but on another level. Greater durability and ranged attack. "
Hmm... I think Midnighter would still be fast enough to negate the ranged attack plan. And strong enough to get past Cardiac's durability (he has damaged super strength/durability guys before, right?  I'll look through his page here, I dont have any comics I can get to)...

But really it comes down to the battle computer again I think...
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@whacknasty said:
" @Ren said:
" Midnighter fighting Cardiac would be like Midnighter fighting Spiderman but on another level. Greater durability and ranged attack. "
Hmm... I think Midnighter would still be fast enough to negate the ranged attack plan. And strong enough to get past Cardiac's durability (he has damaged super strength/durability guys before, right?  I'll look through his page here, I dont have any comics I can get to)...

But really it comes down to the battle computer again I think...
"
Yep, I only have a few Authority trades, but he trashes superhumans pretty regularly
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Ren said:
And Midnighter would have no trouble taking out Spiderman either
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Static Shock
@Ren said:
Only difference is that Midnighter has a battle computer implanted in his brain that allows him to predict his opponent's moves and gives him info on his/her powers, not to mention that Midnighter is a much better fighter and is strong enough to hurt people more durable than Spider-Man and Cardiac. 
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Yeah, the dude's exploded extremely durable opponents' heads with a punch, and snapped necks pretty easily.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock

He's even hurt Apollo once.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By whacknasty
@Static Shock said:
" He's even hurt Apollo once. "
Oh wow. Lol, that is a nice strength feat for him.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
He didn't do it via sheer strength. He targeted Apollo's eardrums. He still needs a certain degree of super-strength to pull it off, but it's not like he hurt him with a punch.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daak1212
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @Ren said:
And Midnighter would have no trouble taking out Spiderman either "
Spider-senses?  Many people have credited Spider-man for his fighting ability
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock
@daak1212: The battle computer gets it done more than Spider-Senses. On top of that, Spider-Man has been tagged often in spite of his Spider-Senses, and people have been able to play tricks on the Spider-Senses, as well. 

Spider-Man's fighting isn't that great. Actual showings of his ability to fight prove this. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I'm looking forward to see how Spider-Man's month long training with Shang-Chi (while wearing a power inhibitor collar) and the further training they have in store will affect him now that he no longer has a spider-sense.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_ said:
" I'm looking forward to see how Spider-Man's month long training with Shang-Chi (while wearing a power inhibitor collar) and the further training they have in store will affect him now that he no longer has a spider-sense.

"
Wha?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" I'm looking forward to see how Spider-Man's month long training with Shang-Chi (while wearing a power inhibitor collar) and the further training they have in store will affect him now that he no longer has a spider-sense.

"
Wha?

"
Which part? The training with Shang, the loss of his spider-sense, or both?
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By castleking
@Morpheus_ said:

"
i think that it will simply put him at the same level when he had the spider sense but with actual MA knowledge to anticipate and read opponents telegraphing hence he will be the same but without the PIS dependence of his spidersense
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_ said:
"
Which part? The training with Shang, the loss of his spider-sense, or both? "
Both.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@castleking said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
i think that it will simply put him at the same level when he had the spider sense but with actual MA knowledge to anticipate and read opponents telegraphing hence he will be the same but without the PIS dependence of his spidersense "
He still retains his great speed despite losing his spider-sense, so I'd like to see him utilize some actual martial arts in his form instead of jumping around like crazy without thinking. It should come in handy with Spider Island coming up.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"
Which part? The training with Shang, the loss of his spider-sense, or both? "
Both. "
Alistair Smythe created an army of humanoid insects, all of which possessed an additional sense akin to Spider-Man's own, and they would have eventually managed to overrun various spots in NYC despite the interference of the New Avengers. So, Spider-Man created a device to nullify their additional sense for the Avengers to beat them, but a battle with Scorpion and the fact that they were running short on time forced him to detonate the device while he was still within the epicenter. As such, his own danger sense was nullified, as well.

Recently, he fought a mind-controlled Spider Woman, and despite being stronger and faster, he was getting beat up, since a) he was taking it easy on her because she's a friend and he didn't mean to seriously injure her, and b) she had actual training while he simply fights like a chump. So, after the fight he asked Shang-Chi to help him train in martial arts. Shang agreed, and asked Tony Stark for a power inhibitor collar for Pete to wear during their training so that it would be man to man. Over a month afterwards, his training was half complete, with Shang telling him to remove the collar, and that they would have to retrain him with his powers, as well. "The way of the spider" as he called it.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_: That sounds.... AWESOME.
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Morpheus_: SICK. I was wondering when Spiderman was going to learn how to actually fight.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @Morpheus_: SICK. I was wondering when Spiderman was going to learn how to actually fight. "
I was looking forward to it for quite a while, too.

@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: That sounds.... AWESOME. "

I'll PM you for details as not to derail the thread more.