Midnighter vs Aquaman

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArmedTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aquaman stomps his face

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: your argument is jumps and you want to say I have none? Hilarious. I didn't want to have to actually do this, but why the hell not...

Out reacts speedsters who can blitz teams of heroes

Fast enough (and strong enough) to kick a tank shell in mid flight and block machine gun rounds while fighting and dodging multiple tanks.

He's faster than Aquaman.

Midnighter is strong enough harm 100 tonners such as Maul and Apollo (Apollo had a lengthy fight with Godhead who's strength was 13 million tons, Apollo himself has torn apart space ships the sizes of continents)

He's taken hits from these guys as well as the Doctor, who was seemingly manhandling Apollo.

He has a super computer that allows him to run millions/trillions of fight scenarios in his head in seconds

My argument is, he's faster than Aquaman, he's strong enough to harm and take damage from people who are way above 100 tons (Apollo is near the millions, not saying he hit him with that same amount of force) and should be able to see ever single one of Arthur's moves coming before they are made making it even easier to dodge him.

He's got more feats than these of course, but this should do for now.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@ancient_0f_days: Once again you cannot read. Charging = jumping speed. Why do I have to keep repeating myself? Aquaman has charged - at hypersonic speeds - WW, Ocean Master, Hawkman, Superman, and more. Its not even debatable how fast he is. He's extremely fast. Period.

Fast enough (and strong enough) to kick a tank shell in mid flight and block machine gun rounds while fighting and dodging multiple tanks.

Lasers > Tank shells, machine gun fire. Nothing special about any of that. M4 bullets travel at 3100 fps. US Tanks fire shells at about 6,000 fps. Light speed travels at 983,571,056 feet per second. Not even comparable.

Here's another scan of Aquaman deflecting lasers with his trident. After they were fired.

No Caption Provided

So basically, nothing you posted proves he's faster than Aquaman.

And here's Aquaman's trident, putting a hole in Darkseid's chest. Something which no one else has been able to replicate. You're kidding yourself if you think Midnighter can tank this.

No Caption Provided

I'm pretty sure all those scans you just posted are Pre-52 too. Battle is about current versions.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@ancient_0f_days: Once again you cannot read. Charging = jumping speed. Why do I have to keep repeating myself? Aquaman has charged - at hypersonic speeds - WW, Ocean Master, Hawkman, Superman, and more. Its not even debatable how fast he is. He's extremely fast. Period.

Lasers > Tank shells, machine gun fire. Nothing special about any of that. M4 bullets travel at 3100 fps. US Tanks fire shells at about 6,000 fps. Light speed travels at 983,571,056 feet per second. Not even comparable.

Here's another scan of Aquaman deflecting lasers with his trident. After they were fired.

So basically, nothing you posted proves he's faster than Aquaman.

And here's Aquaman's trident, putting a hole in Darkseid's chest. Something which no one else has been able to replicate. You're kidding yourself if you think Midnighter can tank this.

I'm pretty sure all those scans you just posted are Pre-52 too. Battle is about current versions.

Doesn't say so in the OP, also considering the OP mentioned no Doors and only pre-52 Midnighter has Doors, it's safe to say he's using Pre-52 midnighter against New52 Aquaman.

As for the feats, blocking a laser, cool, Midnighter dodged lasers that follow him.

No Caption Provided

In any case...Are you arguing that Aquaman has lightspeed reaction time? Done.....you just killed your entire argument

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@ancient_0f_days:

Considering he's both dodged and deflected lasers, then yes.

The fact that you think its an invalid argument, despite proof clearly showcasing such feats only proves your bias. The fact that you think he's slow and/or weak just because his name is Aquaman is completely laughable.

And you still haven't proved midnighter is superior in speed either. At best they're equal.

And since you're not going to change your mind, despite the feats clearly showing Aquaman has speed. Lets just stop. If you are going to refuse to see whats clear, there's simply no point

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Im not the one saying Aquaman reacts at lightspeed..lol, wow

I've given you feats to prove it and I can give you Pre-52 feats of him doing it and I can give you even faster feats by Classic Aquaman.

Fact is, Aquaman has always been fast, regardless of the incarnation

Only bias and ignorance refuse to recognize it.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@fallschirmjager: but you're saying he can react at lightspeed........faster than a guy who reacts and frankly shames, super speedsters...which is nonsense

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@ancient_0f_days said:

@fallschirmjager: but you're saying he can react at lightspeed........faster than a guy who reacts and frankly shames, super speedsters...which is nonsense

I'm presenting you with facts. You choose to ignore them. Aquaman can dodge and deflect lasers. Lasers travel at light speed.

Perhaps if you could see past the name Aquaman you wouldnt' have a hard time accepting it. I'm sorry to say, but Pre-52 Aquaman is faster and classic is even more so. This is nothing new.

Nothing else can be done.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By reaverlation

@fallschirmjager: I have to say that dodging lasers doesn't mean light speed reaction.Street levelers have dodged lasers all the time and Aquaman dodging lasers doesn't change that unless you're trying to say Arthur is as fast if not faster than Superman which isn't true

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@reaverlation said:

@fallschirmjager: I have to say that dodging lasers doesn't mean light speed reaction.Street levelers have dodged lasers all the time and Aquaman dodging lasers doesn't change that unless you're trying to say Arthur is as fast if not faster than Superman which isn't true

He also reflected them, if you take notice of my earlier scan.

Street levelers cannot do that. I've read 100+ issues of Captain America, Black Panther, Daredevill each - and more and I've never seen them dodge a laser. I've seen them dodge bullets, but bullets do not travel faster than lasers. And that is a fact as well.

And considering Superman (and Flash) both outran Darkseid's omega beans, they are FTL if not MFTL. I didn't claim Aquaman was MFTL, but he has reacted to laser blasts in every incarnation of the character. He is not slow, period.

Classic Aquaman can even replicate Flash's vortex feats by spinning his arms.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By aquaman01

@reaverlation said:

He also reflected them, if you take notice of my earlier scan.

Street levelers cannot do that. I've read 100+ issues of Captain America, Black Panther, Daredevill each - and more and I've never seen them dodge a laser. I've seen them dodge bullets, but bullets do not travel faster than lasers. And that is a fact as well.

And considering Superman (and Flash) both outran Darkseid's omega beans, they are FTL if not MFTL. I didn't claim Aquaman was that either. But he is not slow, period.

Well actually Superman didn't and Flash probably would have been hit if hadn't gotten some Parademons to be hit by them. :) Sorry just wanted to say that.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: iirc flash was running ahead of the beams without too much trouble.

And he also has femtosecond reaction feat, Which is WAAAAAAAY above FTL.

I didn't claim Aquaman was faster than either of them. I just said he isn't slow by any definition.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By reaverlation

@fallschirmjager: now you're comparing Arthur to Flash?I seen Storm dodge cyclops optic beams and be dodged by Wolverine but have nowhere near light speed reactions.When were Omega Beams FTL?I know Arthur isn't slow but to have light speed reactions and speed on par with Superman let alone Flash is absurd

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@reaverlation said:

@fallschirmjager: now you're comparing Arthur to Flash?I seen Storm dodge cyclops optic beams and be dodged by Wolverine but have nowhere near light speed reactions.When were Omega Beams FTL?I know Arthur isn't slow but to have light speed reactions and speed on par with Superman let alone Flash is absurd

I said classic Aquaman can do Flash feats. And he can. Please read.

I'm proving my point Aquaman has never been slow. And the only reason you think its absurd is because his name is Aquaman, which is quite frankly stupid. People just hear his name and assume weak when he's anything but. If he was ANYONE else you wouldn't even think twice, especially when presented with facts.

I don't care if they dodged them. Batman has dodged omega beams, but everyone knows its PIS. But when someone consistently shows that speed and has superhuman stats, it shouldn't be disregarded like everyone keeps trying to do with Aquaman.

And he's not on par with Superman or Flash. They are MFTL. Flash especially so has femtosecond reactions currently. Aquaman can't touch that.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By reaverlation

@fallschirmjager: I just said Arthur isn't slow please read.In fact seeing his respect thread I give him much respect as a character and probably one of my favorites to look at just saying he doesn't have light speed reactions due to dodging lasers.As of this match each have their own advantages to win but that's all I'll say

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@reaverlation said:

@fallschirmjager: I just said Arthur isn't slow please read.In fact seeing his respect thread I give him much respect as a character and probably one of my favorites to look at just saying he doesn't have light speed reactions due to dodging lasers.As of this match each have their own advantages to win but that's all I'll say

You can't reflect laser blasts without fast reaction speed. IF you don't want to call it light speed, don't. But he still did it. And his jumps have been calc'd at hypersonic speeds and in combat he charges/blurs with the best of them, including but not limited to vs Superman, WW, Ocean Master, Dead King.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: iirc flash was running ahead of the beams without too much trouble.

And he also has femtosecond reaction feat, Which is WAAAAAAAY above FTL.

I didn't claim Aquaman was faster than either of them. I just said he isn't slow by any definition.

It depends on the definition of too much trouble. They probably would never have caught up with him, but after they hit the monsters he had to stop to take a breath and said he never had to catch his breath before. Obviously he probably is faster now since than now, just saying it wasn't easy.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Oh I know what you meant, sorry If you thought I questioned AQ's and Flash's speed. :)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By reaverlation

@fallschirmjager: I know Arthur has speed but Midnighter is a hard person to fight so this match can go to anyone.Also he sucker punched Clark but I'll give him his fight with Diana.Also going at blur speeds is not much seeing how people like Wolverine has done it

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@aquaman01: Gotcha. And yeah they are probably faster since that story was "5 years ago". I don't have the scan on me, but I know Flash has said he has femtosecond reactions. 1 femtosecond is like 37.1 million years to 1 second.

@fallschirmjager: I know Arthur has speed but Midnighter is a hard person to fight so this match can go to anyone.Also he sucker punched Clark but I'll give him his fight with Diana.Also going at blur speeds is not much seeing how people like Wolverine has done it

He didn't sucker punch Clark. Batman tried to blow up Aquaman, there's no way you can claim Superman wasn't expecting it.

Superman was also standing behind WW (and Batman) so she didn't stop him from doing it either. You'll notice this if you look at the issue, Clark is standing behind them and after he decks Superman, she Lasso's him from behind. He blew by both of them.

No one got sucker punched.

Sucker punching is when MMH transforms into Mera then hits Aquaman (he did that in trinity war and Aquaman didn't even get a bloodly lip like he did with Diana)

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: Gotcha. And yeah they are probably faster since that story was "5 years ago". I don't have the scan on me, but I know Flash has said he has femtosecond reactions. 1 femtosecond is like 37.1 million years to 1 second.

@reaverlation said:

He didn't sucker punch Clark. Batman tried to blow up Aquaman, there's no way you can claim Superman wasn't expecting it.

Superman was also standing behind WW (and Batman) so she didn't stop him from doing it either. You'll notice this if you look at the issue, Clark is standing behind them and after he decks Superman, she Lasso's him from behind. He blew by both of them.

No one got sucker punched.

Sucker punching is when MMH transforms into Mera then hits Aquaman (he did that in trinity war and Aquaman didn't even get a bloodly lip like he did with Diana)

Yeah, I think it was in issue like 4 or 5 of the current series. Wasn't it when Mob Rule tried to shoot Flash and since he was thinking of all the possibilities he could do, that he was able to dodge it only at like the last second?

Found it:

No Caption Provided

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Fallschirmjager
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By reaverlation

Superman didn't have his guard at all.Hell Batman has sent Superman flying don't meant its as legit.I understand how powerful Aquaman is but I won't believe he can beat Clark for a majority in a fight.Midnighter is not to be underestimated as he has one of the best striking feats of most people in his caliber and can possibly hurt him.But like I said I'm neutral in this fight

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter wins. Sorry fans.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@reaverlation said:

Superman didn't have his guard at all.Hell Batman has sent Superman flying don't meant its as legit.I understand how powerful Aquaman is but I won't believe he can beat Clark for a majority in a fight.Midnighter is not to be underestimated as he has one of the best striking feats of most people in his caliber and can possibly hurt him.But like I said I'm neutral in this fight

I never said Aquaman can beat Superman. I said decking him is a legit feat when you consider both sides were getting hostile. To claim Superman didn't have his guard up is basically saying Superman is an idiot, because Aquaman had all ready choked Batman and Batman had blown up Aquaman. Do you honestly believe Superman was caught unaware?

Aquaman doesn't lack striking feats. His trident shattered Graves' armor (Graves laughed at Superman's heat vision) and busted a hole in Darkseid's chest armor, something no one else has done. There are few things in the New 52 with better striking.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: What?Superman had his guard down and it's clear to everyone who sees it.Hell Superman was more hostile towards Batman when he was on Venom and Bruce made him bleed.Great the Trident has great striking feats but what I'm saying Midnighter has feats of his own that can maybe damage Arthur so that's why I'm neutral in this fight.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#77 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: What?Superman had his guard down and it's clear to everyone who sees it.Hell Superman was more hostile towards Batman when he was on Venom and Bruce made him bleed.Great the Trident has great striking feats but what I'm saying Midnighter has feats of his own that can maybe damage Arthur so that's why I'm neutral in this fight.

That was PIS, so that example doesn't work.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened with Citizen Bane?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: I know it's PIS but it was to show that send Clark fly when he wasn't defensive shows you can't use that punch as a legit feat

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By aquaman01

@reaverlation said:

@aquaman01: I know it's PIS but it was to show that send Clark fly when he wasn't defensive shows you can't use that punch as a legit feat

Yeah I understood your comparison, but it kinda fails when Superman could have been sleeping and Batman wouldn't have been able to even hurt him. :)

Now, you could have mentioned when GL sent Superman flying in the early JL comic.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

He changed his username to saren.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This thread has me wondering why people put Midnighter up against street levelers.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread has me wondering why people put Midnighter up against street levelers.

I actually haven't seen that many threads of Midnighter. People should make more threads about him and Apollo, heck even have pre-retcon New 52 Stormwatch face another team.

Hmm...I think I know what team to use for a battle next :)

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By reaverlation

@wolverine08: You be surprised who can fight him.I mean IMO Spider-Man has what it takes to fight him(but Midnighter can still win)if you consider Peter street level

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By reaverlation

@aquaman01: I forgot that when GL sent Super flying I was trying to remember that lol

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

aquaman wins

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oceanmaster21: correct

Midnighter dies horribly, ( with a big smile on my face I picture midnighter being beheaded by Aquaman) .

This is a mismatch. See recent issues of AQ to see how powerful he is.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Midnighter.

Also, lol at Aquman having lightspeed react. Street levelers have consistently dodged lasers before.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Blackdog2009

@oceanmaster21: no he's not... he's a batman imitation, midnighter. AQ is royalty, king, JL founding member and aquatic bad ass!

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: don't get me wrong I love aquaman I even own a pair of aquaman converse but midnighter is ausome now oceanmaster he the atlantean to be respected:)

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#94  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@oceanmaster21: no he's not... he's a batman imitation, midnighter. AQ is royalty, king, JL founding member and aquatic bad ass!

Not sure how you can make an objective judgement on something subjective. Or how a character being a take on another, created to explore new ideas or old ideas differently, makes it inherently uncool.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@buckshot said:

@ancient_0f_days: tight work

Indeed, the news that Aquaman is hyper sonic cus of his leaps and ftl cus he dodges lasers though, almost makes me think of that one guy who thinks Hulk is FTL cus gamma radiation is or something of that sort, lol.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

We do realize that blunt-force resistance =/= piercing, cutting resistance? I mean, Pre-52 Superman lived through the collision of two planets (still not sure on that one), a supernova, and flying straight through a dead moon orbiting Saturn unscathed, yet he was cut by the aliens in Superman: Grounded, was punctured by Braniac's probes in Superman:Braniac (same story where he survived the Supernova without scratches to his costume) and was nicked by Wonder Woman's magic sword (which is magic, but you know).

So, even if Aquaman can fall from stratosphere to the ground with little showing, he can still get nicked by gunshots. Particularly since modern bullets are made to pierce.

That being said, unless Midnighter gets some nerve strikes in there, I'm not sure he gets a win here.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@reaverlation said:

No he didn't. That is a crap argument. If you're telling me Superman was completely caught unaware when 2 of his JLA were trying to kill each other you basically are saying Superman is the biggest idiot on the planet.

If I just watched one of my friends put his hands around another's throat, and then friend B try to blow up friend A...I'm ready to step in there.

There is no way you can say Superman was caught unaware. WW was standing right there too and SHE didn't do anything either. And she has a warrior mentality. So are you going to tell me both of them are complete morons?

@hart7668 said:

So, even if Aquaman can fall from stratosphere to the ground with little showing, he can still get nicked by gunshots. Particularly since modern bullets are made to pierce.

I'm aware of this, yes. But it still doesn't change the fact everyone tries to low-sell his durability because he gets nicked by bullets (and they ignore his healing factor too, which heals major stab wounds in seconds). As stated before he just tanked an attack from Dead King that ranged anywhere from city level (minimum) to possibly continent level. And he's been bunched by both Diana and MMH with little to no damage.

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Midnighter.

Also, lol at Aquman having lightspeed react. Street levelers have consistently dodged lasers before.

Lasers are light speed: Fact. Aquaman has dodged and deflected lasers: fact

Bullets travel slower than light: fact. Deflect or dodging a bullet require far less speed than deflecting or dodging a laser: fact

Aquaman has super-human speed in every incarnation of the character in and out of water: fact

Aquaman has dodged and deflect bullets too: fact

So basically, you only refute the argument because his name is Aquaman. Because there is no room for you to argue it at all. And despite every one claiming street levelers consistently do it, no one is backing up their claim.

I have read hundreds of comics of Daredevil, Black Panther, Captain America and more and cannot recall any of them dodging a laser - not even once. They can't even consistently dodge gunfire. Peter might be the only one (though I can't give you a scan) and he obviously has Spider-sense to help.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

He changed his username to saren.

I was wondering who is Saren lol.