Midnighter and Morlun vs. Team Spider-Man and Team Batman

• 55 results
Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@comic_book_fan: Batman can't beat midnighter, even with prep, this guy is a killing machine.

The only way for them to win is to cancel his battle computer.

I see none of them capable of that feat in the teams.

I don´t know much of midnighter what can the battle computer do?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1, pre 52 Midnighter shouldn't be used, he basically solos.

How's new 52?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By RealityWarper

@realitywarper said:

@comic_book_fan: Batman can't beat midnighter, even with prep, this guy is a killing machine.

The only way for them to win is to cancel his battle computer.

I see none of them capable of that feat in the teams.

I don´t know much of midnighter what can the battle computer do?

Super-Human Abilities

Explaining his powers
Explaining his powers

Midnighter's abilities were designed by Bendix to give him an all encompassing advantage in close-combat and tactical scenarios. He has superhuman strength, reflexes (and moving speed when necessary), healing, senses, aim and various other enhancements. He is said to have multiple redundant systems to keep him fighting in the worst of conditions. One example of this is a backup heart. Midnighter can also turn his pain receptors on and off so he can keep fighting when the pain would stop a normal man. The pain is not totally cut off though, so his healing factor is also very helpful. He's fought with, and healed from, a broken neck, broken limbs, holes through his chest, having his whole body set on fire, contracting various viruses (including AIDS), and other things. He can also function perfectly in anaerobic environments when necessary.

Midnighter's body has been altered to give him inhuman balance as well as faster nerve endings so he can move and react quicker than any human and many super humans. He normally moves at slightly above human speed but can move so fast that enemies with super speed can't see him. Midnighter's senses allow him to detect any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work, so he can defeat them. His other senses are so powerful that to trick him, his creator needed to find an alien that could not only change its appearance, but its scent and DNA.

Midnighter's most famous ability is his power to predict how a battle will happen before it starts. His fight implants include a combat computer that allows him to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He uses this information to predict the actions and or reactions of his foes, counteracting their moves almost before they even think to make them. According to Midnighter, his powers also work by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants, and working backwards, following the right steps to get there.

Midnighter's Card
Midnighter's Card

He liked to begin fights by announcing all of this, but got bored enough with the speech to have it printed on business cards, which he can leave for absent opponents (or kill them by throwing the sharp-edged cards).

In the tour-de-force issue Midnighter #7, we see his world view in action as the issue begins at the final scene when he returns from battle to kiss Apollo, and each following page takes us further back in the actions that got him there--ending on the last page with his initial speech:

"See, I'm one of those jerks who always skips ahead to the last page of a book before he reads it. I find a closing scene I love, then work my way back to the beginning to figure out exactly how it all went down. It's the same way my crazy brain processes every possible outcome for a battle before the first punch is even thrown. So let's cut to the chase, shall we? I've already run through a trillion potential versions of this entire day in my head, including the spectacularly banal conversation we're about to have. And I've settled on the finale that leaves your sick operation toppling like a house of cards...and me making love to my husband."

Post-Flashpoint: Earth-0:

Precognition

In the new 52 Midnighter's ability to predict the outcome of any situation still exists, but appears to have been supplemented by a form of precognition as well as enhanced knowledge. He is able to finish other people's sentences before they have thought about it, and when Stormwatch's map of alien threats to Earth materialized in front of him and Apollo, he instantly knew what it was. He's even able to defeat Grifter,despite the fact that he was blind.

When he fought one of The Hidden people,it was noted that,even when one of the neanderthal men was in his feral state,Midnighter seemed to have known what moves he could make before he even made them. He has shown the ability to read body movements and correctly discern what a person's power is (such as Harry Tanner's ability to lie and be believed).He is able to see through Harry Tanner's lies and has able to figure out that The Shadow Lord was Harry Tanner (even though everyone else was fooled,and didn't believe him at first). He has significant resistance to telepathic attacks, as he was able to resist the Scourge of Worlds' attempt to use the Martian Manhunter's telepathy on him (to an extent). He mentions that he has carbon-fibre muscles that presumably enhance his strength.He has easily snapped the Vitruvian Man's neck,broke Apollo's nose,and also caused Martian Manhunter pain (and drew blood).He is fast enough to dodge a bullet shot by Grifter at point blank range after it was fired,he also knocked out Martian Manhunter,Jack Hawksmoor,and The Projectionist before they could react. He was also fast enough to easily move out of the way of machine gun fire from a terrorist (that had the gun directly on him) before the terrorist could react. Harry Tanner, reputed to be the world's greatest swordsman, struggled to land even a single blow on Midnighter since the latter could predict every move he would make. After a few seconds of fighting, Midnighter immediately knew what Harry's power was.

No Caption Provided

He has demonstrated the ability to move so stealthily that the Manhunter and Hawksmoor could not hear or sense his stalking them until it was too late. His suit (which is a carbon armor) enhances his durability as he was able to survive unaided in hyperspace for a while,it also seems to be resistant to energy weapons (such as being shot by Grifter's energy gun, and having no visible signs of damage, or being resistant to Harry Tanner's energy blades). He also regularly carries knives,throwing stars,grenades,etc. He also seems to have some sort of healing factor since his lungs and inner organs healed from the effects of Hyper space. He's also taken hits from a bloodlusted Apollo,and Skallox (and stayed conscious). He's drawn blood from Etrigan with a punch, and dodged blasts from Etrigan with ease (something Etrigan even acknowledged).

Due to still being relatively new to his older,Wildstorm counterpart, he has less feats (especially since he only appears in the new 52 for approximately 20 issues, thus having a lot less to draw upon than his older counterpart.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: ok, but that means he retains his original capabilities then ?

Pretty much. He has his battle computer, enhancements, healing factor, strength, etc. Just his original Wildstorm/Pre-Flashpoint powers/abilities.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: and he can't counter the speedblitz of the insider or the super-strengtht.

so are you saying i win or what?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By comic_book_fan

@realitywarper: not really not without a but load of pis but under those conditions batman can as well.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheMagicStik

@mysticmedivh: Restricting somebody to a certain degree of his feats is one of the worst things I have seen somebody try to do on this forum, you just don't do that.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mysticmedivh

@themagicstik said:

@mysticmedivh: Restricting somebody to a certain degree of his feats is one of the worst things I have seen somebody try to do on this forum, you just don't do that.

People do it with, for example, Spawn or Goku all the time. Such as Goku up to Saiyan Saga feats. Or restrict characters like Thor to his classic era of feats. It happens all the time. Not to mention that is completely your opinion, and none of it is against the forum rules.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: I see. It is too complicated for the second team to win.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DraciosV

@realitywarper said:

@comic_book_fan: @mysticmedivh:

ROFL "Wildstorm feats only for Midnighter. (No feats that would put him on par with Superman)"

Feats are what they are.

I've noticed you always act up like this when everyone doesn't agree with you, regardless, this is my thread and therefore my rules. If Midnighter were allowed feats like hurting Martian Manhunter then this would be very unfair.

I could make a Spawn vs. Iron Spider-Man thread but limit his feats to Age One, in which it wouldn't be a major mismatch. If I were to allow all feats it would be Divine Spawn vs. Spider-Man, it would be a massive mismatch.

Midnighter casually punts people's heads off and kicks tank shells out of the air.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv said:

@mysticmedivh said:

@realitywarper said:

@comic_book_fan: @mysticmedivh:

ROFL "Wildstorm feats only for Midnighter. (No feats that would put him on par with Superman)"

Feats are what they are.

I've noticed you always act up like this when everyone doesn't agree with you, regardless, this is my thread and therefore my rules. If Midnighter were allowed feats like hurting Martian Manhunter then this would be very unfair.

I could make a Spawn vs. Iron Spider-Man thread but limit his feats to Age One, in which it wouldn't be a major mismatch. If I were to allow all feats it would be Divine Spawn vs. Spider-Man, it would be a massive mismatch.

Midnighter casually punts people's heads off and kicks tank shells out of the air.

And kill metahumans even if they are superior in numbers.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheMagicStik

@mysticmedivh said:

@themagicstik said:

People do it with, for example, Spawn or Goku all the time. Such as Goku up to Saiyan Saga feats. Or restrict characters like Thor to his classic era of feats. It happens all the time. Not to mention that is completely your opinion, and none of it is against the forum rules.

Saying Goku up to Saiyan Saga is basically just using a different character, you're restricting him by feats not by time, very different. The version you're using has feats to put him way out of the league of these characters.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: batman isn't a metahuman and does not have increased electrical pulses in his brain.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure Batman's prep is gonna cut it. He'll do what shoot him with the kinetics of Stephen Hawkings? Midnighter's enhancements are so advanced it took a virus specifically engineered for his physiology that would make him powerless in about a day and he beat a team of super humans while at 30% of his abilities.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

@themagicstik said:

Saying Goku up to Saiyan Saga is basically just using a different character, you're restricting him by feats not by time, very different. The version you're using has feats to put him way out of the league of these characters.

Kid Goku that fought the Red Ribbon Army is the same Goku that fought Raditz alongside Piccolo is the same Goku that fought Omega Shenron. There are no alternate version/time-line Goku's. There is only one Goku and always has been. It's not "basically using a different character."

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@jashro44:

Morlun was BFR'ed by Black Panther and the help of a Shaman. I don't see why he couldn't just do that again with Prep.

I feel that a morals off Batman and Black Panther with Prep have a fair chance of taking Midnighter with Prep, especially with the rest of the team acting as a distraction.

Spider-Man with the Other Upgrade, Iron Fist, Slade with Pre New 52/New 52 feats, Wolverine and Sabes with Adamantuim sans jobbing can at least give Midnighter pause if they work together...

With doors it would be tricky. Not sure how they can shut it down. Maybe if black panther does to midnighter what he did to the skrulls but thats kind of a double edged sword.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Da fuq? Team 2 lol stomps every single round

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By mysticmedivh

@jashro44 said:

@laflux said:

@jashro44:

Morlun was BFR'ed by Black Panther and the help of a Shaman. I don't see why he couldn't just do that again with Prep.

I feel that a morals off Batman and Black Panther with Prep have a fair chance of taking Midnighter with Prep, especially with the rest of the team acting as a distraction.

Spider-Man with the Other Upgrade, Iron Fist, Slade with Pre New 52/New 52 feats, Wolverine and Sabes with Adamantuim sans jobbing can at least give Midnighter pause if they work together...

With doors it would be tricky. Not sure how they can shut it down. Maybe if black panther does to midnighter what he did to the skrulls but thats kind of a double edged sword.

OP says Midnighter cannot use doors.

@mysticmedivh: How did you put the pics together like that?

I'll PM you.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers