rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rd1027

Attackers: Nickthedevil

Your team is sent to take a valuable piece of intel. To do this, they must secure the building, and hack the computer (your team will have knowledge of how to) and protect it for 5 minutes. However, you must secure the encryption codes found at two separate locations, the central computer can not be hacked in any other way, shape, or form. Once you secure both, you can move on and try to assault the main structure. Note that all of the buildings, and battlefield are indestructible.

Defenders: Zearing

Your team must protect the intel that the other team is trying to take. You must hold out until the other team is either ko'd/dead.

Map:

No Caption Provided

The length of the battlefield is roughly 5 miles from your spawn to C, 2.5 miles to A and B.

Key:

Red I's: Where each of the attackers will spawn.

A and B: The two outposts with the encryption code you must take, these are military grade bunkers.

C: The main building

Blue Arrows: Where the defenders will spawn, two at a time.

Rules:

• No going above the limits, if anyone is let me know and that character is immediately turned into a peak human with no other powers.
  • No going out of bounds of the battlefield, if you do then your team member is automatically dead.
  • Standard Morals apply unless you choose the morals off perk
  • Both of your teams will be supplied with a tactical view of the battlefield, no other knowledge.
  • All characters will come with standard gear unless supplemented with prep or the gunslinger perk.
  • No prep done can break the limits, you can also not change/alter the battlefield with the prep unless you are the defenders, you will have 10 minutes to set up your traps.
  • No knowledge of the other team unless through previous encounters or the full knowledge perk.
  • Team chemistry will come into play.
  • Intangibility is legal, but only in a defensive manner (with a maximum duration of one minute and a 30 second cooldown between uses).
  • Limit of 5 clones per team.
  • If both users select prep, you must pm me your outlines to avoid unfairness. If only one sleets prep you can just post it here.
  • Feats for Video Game characters must be limited to cutscene feats and known abilities. In game mechanics are not allowed (such as master chief flipping over warthogs)

Teams:

@nickthedevil

Batman (Earth 43)

Dwarfstar

Weather Wizard

Doctor Light

DC bonus:

Lex luthor

Perks:

Full knowledge/ Prep Time

@zearing

Perfect Teamwork

Gunslinger

Winter Soldier (films)

Spider-Man 2099

Wolverine (films)

Iron Man (films)

Wasp

@zearing you must post the items you want for your gunslinger perk.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Winter Soldier gets Captain America's Shield

Spider-Man 2099 gets the Iron Spider Armor

Iron Man gets a force field generator

Wasp gets the Ghost's Battle Suit

Wolverine gets some smoke pellets

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all are fine by me

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, @nickthedevil, do you want to go first? This is my first tournament, and I'm not completely certain how to start.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By nickthedevil

@rd1027: I'm going to assume Lex Luthor just spawns in with another character? If so, I'm having him spawn in with Weather Wizard.

@zearing: Well... This is how it goes.

The Offensive

As soon as we get into the battlefield, my team will already be in agreement that upon arrival to take the field to our advantage. Doctor Light and Weather Wizard will change the atmosphere; Weather Wizard will cover the field with thunder storms, while Arthur blackens everything to make it seem like it's night time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nightmare Batman, and Weather Wizard/Lex Luthor will spawn on the top two points, Doctor Light and Dwarf Star on the bottom, and both teams will make their way to the encryption codes and take them. We get to them quite fast, Weather Wizard, Batman and Lex Luthor can fly to their point, Dwarfstar can shrink onto Arthur's clothes and hitch the ride to the point.

The Defending team has two separate spawn points, and they do not have the time to converge then take one of my details while also altogether. Since Iron Man, Spider-man and Wasp are the only characters on the defending team that can make it in less than five minutes, and still hope to beat mine.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil:

Alright. Iron Man and Wasp will spawn at the bottom spot, and the rest at the top. Iron Man and Spider-Man will immediately begin communicating with each other through their armor.

Team Iron Man will head toward the bottom spot, while Spidey will carry Wolverine and go for the top one. These two teams will try to stop your teams from gaining the codes or at least prevent them from meeting the other team at point C with them.

Meanwhile, Bucky will be headed straight for point C to help fortify it in case my teams fail, with his teammates joining him as soon as possible if they take down their targets or if your guys get past mine.

I think Wasp would easily take down Dwarf Star with her bio-blasts, and then could help Iron Man with Doctor Light, with the Ghost suit's invisibility helping them out some. After he's taken care of, they would head toward point C.

The other group could be a bit more difficult. It looks like you're using Pre-Flashpoint Weather Wizard, who needs his wand to control the weather. I think Spidey would be able to figure that out fairly quickly, and take it away from him and/or break it. Meanwhile, Wolverine should be able to take Lex, with his adamantium claws taking care of any suit he may have brought.

Now, I'll admit that I don't have much of an answer for vampire Batman, except to hope that my team can hold him at bay until Doctor Light and Weather Wizard are taken care of, and then to get him out into the sunlight.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nickthedevil

@zearing: Not bad. good job. This is where the debating part comes into play.

Alright. Iron Man and Wasp will spawn at the bottom spot, and the rest at the top. Iron Man and Spider-Man will immediately begin communicating with each other through their armor.

Team Iron Man will head toward the bottom spot, while Spidey will carry Wolverine and go for the top one. These two teams will try to stop your teams from gaining the codes or at least prevent them from meeting the other team at point C with them.

Meanwhile, Bucky will be headed straight for point C to help fortify it in case my teams fail, with his teammates joining him as soon as possible if they take down their targets or if your guys get past mine.

I think Wasp would easily take down Dwarf Star with her bio-blasts, and then could help Iron Man with Doctor Light, with the Ghost suit's invisibility helping them out some. After he's taken care of, they would head toward point C.

For the exact reasons of her bio-blasts, I had Lex Luthor give Dwarfstar one of his shield generators in case she does hit him. I do, however, believe she can't shrink as small as he can, seeing as how he can rival the Atom in that regard.

As per Iron Man using invisibility to get the jump on Arthur, highly unlikely. Doc Light is attuned enough to the spectrum to know when things are not real to his eyes

A durability feat, btw
A durability feat, btw

The other group could be a bit more difficult. It looks like you're using Pre-Flashpoint Weather Wizard, who needs his wand to control the weather. I think Spidey would be able to figure that out fairly quickly, and take it away from him and/or break it. Meanwhile, Wolverine should be able to take Lex, with his adamantium claws taking care of any suit he may have brought.

Weather Wizard's wand will injure someone who isn't supposed to have it and recalls itself back to Mark. Observe

As you can see, the wand's power output left a crater under the Flash. Flash has a natural resistance to Electricty, does Spidey?

I don't think Lex was allowed to bring a suit, so I'm going to leave him out of this post for now. Vampire Batman, however, can prove to be some sort of match for Wolverine.

"No effort, no strain."

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil:

OK, I'm going to deal with the teams at point B first. You made a good point about the wand that I didn't know about. Now, you said that Lex doesn't have his suit. In that case, I'm going to swap partners for Spider-Man and Wolverine. An armor-less Lex should easily be KO'ed by Miguel, and Wolverine's healing factor should help against the electricity. Once his wand is taken away from him, Spider-Man should at least have webbed him up, allowing for a quick knock out afterwards.

Now for the people at point A. You're right that Dwarfstar can shrink down to be smaller than Wasp, but I believe she has more tricks up her sleeve (so to speak) than he does, since she can fly and shrink naturally, and has the extra powers that the Ghost suit gives her. With the darkness that your guys are creating, and the suits invisibility and intangibility if she needs it, she should be able to catch Dwarfstar off-guard and take him out.

As for Doctor Light, the invisibility, while it would of helped, wasn't that large a part of my plan in the first place. I know that Doctor Light can control anything that creates light, and Iron Man would learn that pretty quickly when he tries his repulsers or lasers on him. So, he would turn to his missiles and his fists. The goal would then be, IF Wasp was done with her fight, for her to make some of his missiles invisible and hope that he doesn't see them coming and have them hit while he's concentrating on Iron Man and Wasp themselves. Without Wasp, the plan would be pretty much the same, except without the invisible missiles.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

@zearing said:

@nickthedevil:

Now, you said that Lex doesn't have his suit.

I said I didn't know if I did or not, since another participant in the tourney seemed to have gripes about it, hopefully @rd1027 can elaborate for me.

Ture, Wolverine's healing factor will help, but the trade off is that he has metal bones, a very good conductor for electricity. The chances of him being KO'ed by the straight raw power and pain coupled is more likely than his tanking it. Even then, he's going to be hard pressed to take it from him.

Mark can more than likely hit any and all of your team before they get so close as to fight mine.
Mark can more than likely hit any and all of your team before they get so close as to fight mine.
@zearing said:

Now for the people at point A. You're right that Dwarfstar can shrink down to be smaller than Wasp, but I believe she has more tricks up her sleeve (so to speak) than he does, since she can fly and shrink naturally, and has the extra powers that the Ghost suit gives her. With the darkness that your guys are creating, and the suits invisibility and intangibility if she needs it, she should be able to catch Dwarfstar off-guard and take him out.

While this plan is believable, you're missing a crucial piece: your team has no idea about mine. The only thing you can tell about my team is that we're dressed in goofy outfits; I have full knowledge on your team, however, and prepped accordingly. (@rd1027). Dwarf star will have a fire arm and his ability to shrink to atomic size will shift things in my favor, your team won't see him coming and he's going to be upon you before Stark or Dyne realize what's going on.

Doesn't movie Iron Man's arc reactor give off light? If so, that's enough for Doctor Light to take the power stored inside it and leave Stark a crippled and broken man in a weighed down suit.

Draining Hal Jordan's ring dry

With this, my team makes short work of yours and continues forth to the main, now fortified building.

Only Bucky is holding down the place, but Dwarfstar should easily be able to penetrate the defenses, Winter Soldier's body himself, and then do this:

No Caption Provided

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: did you want me to post your prep here? Since you were the only one to select prep I assumed that you'd post it in here.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd1027 said:

@nickthedevil: did you want me to post your prep here? Since you were the only one to select prep I assumed that you'd post it in here.

Yeah, I'd like to see what @nickthedevil prepped before I post my next points, if that's alright.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing: @nickthedevil

Sure, here is his prep.

So with my prep time, I want a few things.

Since I have Lex Luthor with me, that gives me full access to Lex Corps and it's resources/assets.

Because I have full knowledge on the Opposing team, Lex Luthor should have means to make a shock-device enough to disable the Winter Soldier's arm, much alike what Black Widow did in the film, as seen here [1:10]

Loading Video...

Lex Luthor's accomplished much more than Black Widow had in her arsenal. With this preparation, he can provide Dwarfstar with weaponry, at the very least, a shield generator and pistol.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing said:

@nickthedevil:

Now, you said that Lex doesn't have his suit.

I said I didn't know if I did or not, since another participant in the tourney seemed to have gripes about it, hopefully @rd1027 can elaborate for me.

Ture, Wolverine's healing factor will help, but the trade off is that he has metal bones, a very good conductor for electricity. The chances of him being KO'ed by the straight raw power and pain coupled is more likely than his tanking it. Even then, he's going to be hard pressed to take it from him.

@zearing said:

While this plan is believable, you're missing a crucial piece: your team has no idea about mine. The only thing you can tell about my team is that we're dressed in goofy outfits; I have full knowledge on your team, however, and prepped accordingly. (@rd1027). Dwarf star will have a fire arm and his ability to shrink to atomic size will shift things in my favor, your team won't see him coming and he's going to be upon you before Stark or Dyne realize what's going on.

Doesn't movie Iron Man's arc reactor give off light? If so, that's enough for Doctor Light to take the power stored inside it and leave Stark a crippled and broken man in a weighed down suit.

With this, my team makes short work of yours and continues forth to the main, now fortified building.

Only Bucky is holding down the place, but Dwarfstar should easily be able to penetrate the defenses, Winter Soldier's body himself, and then do this:

No Caption Provided

1. Wolverine doesn't need to hold it for long, only long enough for Miguel to knock him out, which shouldn't take too long. If Lex doesn't have his armor (does he, @rd1027?) it wouldn't be difficult at all for Spider-Man to knock him out, and then all he needs to do is cross the room and knock Weather Wizard out. Even if the feedback does start before that occurs, he wasn't KO'ed when Dark Phoenix tried to vaporize him, which I imagine would be just as painful if not more so than the electricity from the wand. Plus, unless you have scans, I don't see Weather Wizard using lightning indoors (admittedly, I didn't read that many of DC's books before the New 52 started, so I only have limited knowledge on this version of the character).

2. You're right. My team doesn't know anything about yours. However, they both have stealth capabilities and, considering that they don't know who is in there, there's a good chance they'd activate they're stealth before they enter. I know that you have full knowledge of my team, but does your team know about my team's gunslinger items (could you answer that too, @rd1027?) If they don't, even though Doctor Light may figure out what's going on fairly quickly, Dwarfstar would have no idea where Wasp is. A firearm isn't much good if you don't know where your target is.

3. Because of the events of Iron Man 3, draining the arc reactor wouldn't physically hurt Tony, although admittedly it would render his suit useless. However, J.A.R.V.I.S. has been shown to warn Stark of imminent power loss, and Tony would just eject after ordering another suit, probably one with stealth capabilities like the Mark XVIII.

4. Again, after they take out their opponents or if they get away from them, my team heads straight for point C, and I would expect at least Spider-Man to be there as well, and probably Wasp as well. Either of them would have a good chance of catching Dwarfstar if he had gotten to that point (Spidey with his enhanced vision and armor combined would at least notice him even if he may be unsure of what to do about it, and Wasp would be on alert for his if he had gotten past her the first time and could deal with him in the way I outlined above)

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing: Lex's armor is a tad over the limits I find, it will be allowed to be used if @nickthedevil can pm me more proof. However, looking over his prep, it makes not mention of the armor. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you pm me saying that was your final outline? If so I donct consider that to be in his standard gear so to speak. You will however get access to Luthor's small arms weaponry and force fields.

Full knowledge means you have knowledge of the team and their standard gear and abilities, gunslinger items are not included.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nickthedevil

@zearing said:

1. Wolverine doesn't need to hold it for long, only long enough for Miguel to knock him out, which shouldn't take too long.

It's a bolt of lightning that emanates from the wand itself and returns to the user, it isn't a continuous bolt.

@zearing said:

he wasn't KO'ed when Dark Phoenix tried to vaporize him, which I imagine would be just as painful if not more so than the electricity from the wand.

While it sounds like a good feat, I'd need to see a scan first. On the flip side, Wolverine is constantly KO'ed by much less than Weather Wizard's electricity. Examples being, Spider-man's fist, Sabretooth, and the recent AVX #2, he goes down to a small burst of energy by Rachel Grey.

@zearing said:

Plus, unless you have scans, I don't see Weather Wizard using lightning indoors (admittedly, I didn't read that many of DC's books before the New 52 started, so I only have limited knowledge on this version of the character).

No worries. I've got those too.

No Caption Provided

@zearing said:

2. You're right. My team doesn't know anything about yours. However, they both have stealth capabilities and, considering that they don't know who is in there, there's a good chance they'd activate they're stealth before they enter. I know that you have full knowledge of my team, but does your team know about my team's gunslinger items (could you answer that too, @rd1027?) If they don't, even though Doctor Light may figure out what's going on fairly quickly, Dwarfstar would have no idea where Wasp is. A firearm isn't much good if you don't know where your target is.

qqqqq

@zearing said:

3. Because of the events of Iron Man 3, draining the arc reactor wouldn't physically hurt Tony, although admittedly it would render his suit useless. However, J.A.R.V.I.S. has been shown to warn Stark of imminent power loss, and Tony would just eject after ordering another suit, probably one with stealth capabilities like the Mark XVIII.

Via the rules, I don't know if you can order in another suit of armor once the armor he came to the battlefield with is depleted. Thusly, Doctor Light has AOE capabilities, he doesn't have to see Wasp, but considering he knows that she's capable of being small, coupled with the fact that he can feel disturbances in the light spectrum, he should be well aware enough to use something like this

No Caption Provided
@zearing said:

4. Again, after they take out their opponents or if they get away from them, my team heads straight for point C, and I would expect at least Spider-Man to be there as well, and probably Wasp as well. Either of them would have a good chance of catching Dwarfstar if he had gotten to that point (Spidey with his enhanced vision and armor combined would at least notice him even if he may be unsure of what to do about it, and Wasp would be on alert for his if he had gotten past her the first time and could deal with him in the way I outlined above)

One thing you did fail to mention about my A-team, was Vampire Batman. His increased senses give him better senses, including sight, smell, and touch. He'd be able to hear your heartbeats before you make your way inside,

No Caption Provided

and even better, he can become part of the shadows around the room and set it up as a trap, your team wouldn't know it until it was too late.

He's very much strong enough to also beat down Wolverine and at the very least, KO him, seeing as how a simple beat down and throw KO'ed him in X1. With the environment in my favor, Wolverine has no feasible way of beating Vampire Batman in a simple fight either, since he can go intangible if need be.

This is all with Weather Wizard in the room too, who will not be just sitting idly by either.

In short, my team is way too versatile for yours to put up more of a fight.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good job guys. if i win my match i know ill have trouble with either one of you guys.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zearing

@zearing said:

1. Wolverine doesn't need to hold it for long, only long enough for Miguel to knock him out, which shouldn't take too long.

It's a bolt of lightning that emanates from the wand itself and returns to the user, it isn't a continuous bolt.

@zearing said:

he wasn't KO'ed when Dark Phoenix tried to vaporize him, which I imagine would be just as painful if not more so than the electricity from the wand.

While it sounds like a good feat, I'd need to see a scan first. On the flip side, Wolverine is constantly KO'ed by much less than Weather Wizard's electricity. Examples being, Spider-man's fist, Sabretooth, and the recent AVX #2, he goes down to a small burst of energy by Rachel Grey.

@zearing said:

Plus, unless you have scans, I don't see Weather Wizard using lightning indoors (admittedly, I didn't read that many of DC's books before the New 52 started, so I only have limited knowledge on this version of the character).

No worries. I've got those too.

No Caption Provided

@zearing said:

qqqqq

@zearing said:

Via the rules, I don't know if you can order in another suit of armor once the armor he came to the battlefield with is depleted. Thusly, Doctor Light has AOE capabilities, he doesn't have to see Wasp, but considering he knows that she's capable of being small, coupled with the fact that he can feel disturbances in the light spectrum, he should be well aware enough to use something like this

No Caption Provided
@zearing said:

One thing you did fail to mention about my A-team, was Vampire Batman. His increased senses give him better senses, including sight, smell, and touch. He'd be able to hear your heartbeats before you make your way inside,

No Caption Provided

and even better, he can become part of the shadows around the room and set it up as a trap, your team wouldn't know it until it was too late.

He's very much strong enough to also beat down Wolverine and at the very least, KO him, seeing as how a simple beat down and throw KO'ed him in X1. With the environment in my favor, Wolverine has no feasible way of beating Vampire Batman in a simple fight either, since he can go intangible if need be.

This is all with Weather Wizard in the room too, who will not be just sitting idly by either.

In short, my team is way too versatile for yours to put up more of a fight.

Sorry I took so long, I've been busy this week.

1. I know that the wand doesn't give off a continuous bolt. What I meant is that in the scan you showed, it took a moment for the wand to shoot out the lightning. I was saying that Weather Wizard could be knocked out before that happens.

2. They cut out some, but this is the best I could find. Also, comic Wolverine ≠ movie Wolverine.

Loading Video...

3. Fair enough. I'll give you the lightning feat. However, I still have Spidey, whose armor should protect him a little from his attacks, but not as much as I'd like.

4. What does "qqqqq" mean? From what I can tell, there's no argument there.

5. Unfortunately, it looks like you were right about the armor. I wasn't counting on that. Also, that's a good Doctor Light feat. Tony's out of commission, I'll give you that much. Wasp might have a chance by phasing.

6. Yeah, I don't have much of an answer for Vampire Batman, considering that Doctor Light will most likely still be in play at that point, and Wolverine will be severely weakened and slowed from his fight with Weather Wizard. You might have me there.

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

up, voting open

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jacthripper

@nickthedevil: gets my vote

Much better argument, feats, more powerful team, etc.

Pretty one sided