Mid-Street Bracket

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jashro44

This is basically an idea I ripped off from some old threads Owie made a long time ago with the recent street king thread. Basically I put characters who are below spider-man level but have certain abilities or weapons to put them above your standard human in comics.

Basically these are a series of one on one fights, and the winner of one round will move on to the next round until there is only one character left standing. An example here is if wolverine beats deadpool, and kraven beats beast, Kraven will end up fighting wolverine in the next fight. And the winner of that moves, and so on and so fourth until only one person is left standing

If you don't recognize someone look them up on comicvine. Or you can just skip that round if you prefer.
If you don't recognize someone look them up on comicvine. Or you can just skip that round if you prefer.

Rules

• Current versions (composite Aphrodite)
  • Standard gear for everyone with the exceptions of:
    • No teleporter for black panther
    • No using the Coin of Solomon for Aphrodite
  • Pre flashpoint versions of all DC characters
  • Morals are off
  • Win by any means
  • The winners get fully healed before the next round

• Begin visible
  • Begin 50 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DarkRaiden

It ends Black Panther or Blade vs. Deadpool IMO. Both beat Deadpool in a good fight.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My pick for semi-finals would be:

• Ultimate Captain America vs. Miles Morales
  • Luther Strode vs. Beast

Overall I think it'll be Ultimate Captain America in the finals, and I think a convincing argument could be made for him vs Beast or Strode.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gojira2014

I think it would be Black Panther vs Ultimate Captain America, and Luther Strode vs Deadpool. Then Black Panther vs Luther Strode in which case I would think Black Panther wins via Vibranium Armor.

Neat idea.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 juiceboks  Moderator

I see Wolverine and Blade ending up fighting each other. At which point I'd give the slight majority to Wolverine due to being more skilled.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I see it as coming down to Strode and Black Panther, where I'd favour T'Challa as the victor due to his weaponry and durability.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

i see Black Panther vs Ult Cap and Deadpool vs 616 Cap

then Black Panther vs 616 Cap or Deadpool i cant really decide.... not that it matters because

Black Panther wins...

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@jashro44 you say these guys are below Spider Man but really T'challa is kind of in the same league with him i only say this because i notice you put BP here but not Iron Fist... anyways just kind of thinking out lout to ya...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44 you say these guys are below Spider Man but really T'challa is kind of in the same league with him i only say this because i notice you put BP here but not Iron Fist... anyways just kind of thinking out lout to ya...

Under these conditions with this tech he is below Peter IMO. His force field wont protect him from Peters strength (maybe if Peter is holding back), his cloaking device can be countered with spider-sense. And as skilled and fast as T'challa is I think peter would beat him eventually.

Different debate for another time though.

It ends Black Panther or Blade vs. Deadpool IMO. Both beat Deadpool in a good fight.

Who do you think is more likely to win between Blade and black panther?

I think it would be Black Panther vs Ultimate Captain America, and Luther Strode vs Deadpool. Then Black Panther vs Luther Strode in which case I would think Black Panther wins via Vibranium Armor.

Neat idea.

It isn't confirmed if current black panther has the vibranium suit so for the time being I think its best to assume he doesn't have it until Hickman confirms it.

His current gear are energy daggers, cloaking device which makes him invisible, a teleporter (all though I took that way here), and his current costume is insulated to electrical attacks. He also has a force field projector:

No Caption Provided

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: he should still win with that, he has super human stats now too right?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: he should still win with that, he has super human stats now too right?

Yea Hickman confirmed it.

No Caption Provided

Its only low level superhuman stats though. HIckman has said he is "maybe slightly stronger but the knowledge is the real get".

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Maybe Ultimate Captain America can take him then. Im not sure who would win that semi final.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By reaverlation

In the Semi-finals:

T'Challa vs Slade

And

Logan vs Strode

And the winner is:

Black Panther

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I'd say... Black panther since his intelligence might push him over the edge. Blade does have a great counter to any vibranium though with his adamantium swords.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I'd say... Black panther since his intelligence might push him over the edge. Blade does have a great counter to any vibranium though with his adamantium swords.

Just encase there's an confusion black panther doesn't have his vibranium suit here since it hasn't been confirmed to be carrying yet.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Semi finals blade vs panther = blade take sit barley, wolverine vs lurther strode, wolverine slightly stomps , final blade vs wolverine, wolverine wins

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dondave

T'Challa

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far the popular contenders seem to be blade, wolverine, black panther, Luther Strode and ultimate cap....

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Panther all day son!

(Hehe sorry about that just you and wolverine08 made T'Challa my favorite Marvel street leveler.)

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the semi-finals I have: Black Panther versus Ultimate Cap and 616 Cap versus bone-claw Wolverine.

In the final, I have Ultimate Cap declawing Logan.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last battle will be Panther vs Deadpool.

Panther will win.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Panther all day son!

(Hehe sorry about that just you and wolverine08 made T'Challa my favorite Marvel street leveler.)

No problem and thats good to hear.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther/Aphrodite IX vs Luther Strode for the final.

Black Panther should win honestly.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an all Cap final.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 owie  Moderator

Round 1: Black Panther (although this is really a hard one, Miles is great but Panther is almost impossible to beat, esp with some tech), Aphrodite, Ult. Cap, Deathstroke, Deadpool, Beast (current Beast? this seems like the easiest win here), Luthor Strode, Batman.

Round 2: Argh. I just saw morals are off. I may reconsider the above, think about a morals-off Miles or Cap...no, too late...just go on...OK: Aphrodite, Deathstroke, Beast, Luthor Strode (due to HF).

Round 3: Aphrodite (maybe? I've only read 1 comic so I am guessing the hell out of this), Luthor Strode.

Winner: Strode?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: Is beast currently more powerful than he was before? I know he went through a mutation but I figured he didn't have a lot of showings. I sort of just assumed he was the same.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@owie: Is beast currently more powerful than he was before? I know he went through a mutation but I figured he didn't have a lot of showings. I sort of just assumed he was the same.

I meant vs his original human form, where he was about a 1 or 2 tonner. In any of his blue furry forms his strength is debatable, but he's at least a 10-tonner (some people argue up to 25 but from quickly scanning around right now most wikis list him at 10) and way more agile than anyone else here other than Miles. His fighting feats aren't always amazing but from a purely physical standpoint he's pretty high for this level.

Although like I just said his actual fights are not always great. He actually had a morals-off fight with Nightcrawler just a little while ago that ended up fairly close. There was a lot of context in there, and they were both hurt from various other sources, and Nightcrawler can of course teleport, but still.

I suppose Beast's physicals are close enough to Spidey's that it makes sense to match Kraven up against him. Although with morals off, it could end up like Back in Black.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: I see. And yea I agree beast on paper is beyond this tier but his fighting feats haven't been impressive aside from a few showings against wolverine. All though I think those are the result of wolverine holding back (this can be backed up further by the fact that a morals off wolverine one shotted beast).

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

It's likely Panther, Miles, or Cap vs Deadpool or Cap. I'd honestly say Panther or Miles have the best chance of taking it all.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther or Deathstroke or Cap or Logan

These are my main picks but I can see other characters winning this as well.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke vs Miles and Bone-Claw Wolverine vs Luther Strode.

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Young_Murloc

No one has said Blade???? Blade can win this IMO, I just think he needs more feats he isn't shown as much as he should be.

@jashro44 keep these threads up they're fun :)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@owie: I see. And yea I agree beast on paper is beyond this tier but his fighting feats haven't been impressive aside from a few showings against wolverine. All though I think those are the result of wolverine holding back (this can be backed up further by the fact that a morals off wolverine one shotted beast).

I definitely understand where you're coming from. He tends to be more of a scientist than a fighter these days, so he doesn't really rack up the feats. But I just looked around to see if I could find any old feats, and found this respect thread. While it mostly focuses on old stuff, some of it is decent.

(One caveat--a lot of the strength feats in this thread are from when he was with the original X-Factor, and in his human form--he had his strength amped by Apocalypse then, so those don't count.)

Some that do though: being able to knock down or flip Juggernaut on a few occasions, despite his power of not being able to be moved; knocking down Living Monolith (he kind of tripped him, but still it would take a fair amount of strength); causing shockwaves from hitting the ground; knocking out Frenzy; knocking out an early Wonder Man; putting a good beating on Danger.

Still, I totally agree that he doesn't have a lot of fighting skill.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#35 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Dunno how I thought these were teams lol. I was here ready to say Black Panther and Miles Morales take it for all the gold coins.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one has said Blade???? Blade can win this IMO, I just think he needs more feats he isn't shown as much as he should be.

@jashro44 keep these threads up they're fun :)

I'll see if I can think of some more.

@owie said:

@jashro44 said:

I definitely understand where you're coming from. He tends to be more of a scientist than a fighter these days, so he doesn't really rack up the feats. But I just looked around to see if I could find any old feats, and found this respect thread. While it mostly focuses on old stuff, some of it is decent.

(One caveat--a lot of the strength feats in this thread are from when he was with the original X-Factor, and in his human form--he had his strength amped by Apocalypse then, so those don't count.)

Some that do though: being able to knock down or flip Juggernaut on a few occasions, despite his power of not being able to be moved; knocking down Living Monolith (he kind of tripped him, but still it would take a fair amount of strength); causing shockwaves from hitting the ground; knocking out Frenzy; knocking out an early Wonder Man; putting a good beating on Danger.

Still, I totally agree that he doesn't have a lot of fighting skill.

Yea I feel him and Miles stat wise are beyond this tier but IMO Kraven and the like can contend with them due to skill. I think all though those 2 are power wise beyond everyone else, the others are more competent.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give this another try....

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashro44: Out of curiousity, did you make a Mid-Tier Bracket yet?

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1

• Black Panther
  • Aphrodite
  • Ultimate Cap
  • Blade
  • Wolverine
  • Beast
  • Luthor Strode
  • Captain America

R2

• Black Panther
  • Ultimate Cap
  • Wolverine
  • Luthor Strode

R3

• Black Panther
  • Luthor Strode

R4

• Black Panther
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@cdiddyman911: How is Luther beating Wolverine?

Luthor is overall superior to a bone claw Wolverine except for the hf.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Panther
  • IDK
  • Ultimate Captain America
  • Blade
  • Wolverine
  • Kraven