#1 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the Triskelion. Inside, at it's very core, is Wanda Maximoff. Arguably by the consequences of her action, she is one of the most prolific murderers on the planet. Now she must face judgement.

Employed by Roma, Guardian of the Omniverse, Team 1 must infiltrate the Triskelion from two miles out, aboard a reserve Quinjet. Once inside, they must outmaneuver or out right kill the opposing team before kidnapping (Or killing) Wanda Maximoff and getting her back to the Quinjet whereby they shall all be teleported to the Starlight Citadel. However, a number of situtional hazards are gonna make this difficult. Firstly, her cell is Teleport proof. Aka, you can just 'port in and out'. Furthemore, the Triskelion has defenses and Team 2 know that someone is about to stage a kidnapping of Wanda Maximoff so it's gonna be tough.

Team 2 alternate objectives, as employed by Nick Fury are slightly different. They need to stop the assault, protect Wanda and ideally annihilate as much of the team as possible. They are given total executive control over the Raft, and 20 shield agents from which to assist them in their responsibilities.

Oh, and both teams only have 1 hour to complete there objectives.

Supermanwithatan01 team is on Defense:

Doctor Doom

Iceman (Not allowed to reform)

Nightcrawler (AoA)

Doctor Strange (Current)

Forge

Metamorpho

@mrtrevorguy will be on Offense:

Magneto

Colossus (Ultimate)

Wolverine

Batman

Carnage

War Machine

#2 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll use Strange to set up secret magical enchantments. Doom to utilize the same plans he has for his castle by using Forge to help him build at an incredible rate. Iceman will freeze each entrance or point of weakness with a 12 foot barrier of solid ice. Metamorpho will remain in the largest, most vulnerable area as an exotic gaseous state of Batrachotoxin. Any of the otherteam without gas masks will die. Victor is NOT likely to allow anything to happen to Wanda. He creates forcefields around each entrance, protected by his own spells. Then they all sit in the command center and wait. Nightcrawler stays with Victor as to get him wherever he needs to be. Between his own personal defenses and amped shielding as well as amped weapons from Forge, this battle shouldn't last long. Doom gives out hand computers to all. Each computer has a database of strengths and weakness' of the opponent before them. Same tech Doom has in his suit. This is how efficient they will function.

Magneto is handled by Victor Personally via tech and Magic.

Colossus (Ultimate) is dealt with by Strange via magic.

Wolverine rendered unconscious from the chemical reaction via metamorpho. Doom then orders Nightcrawler to teleport Logan off base.

Batman same as wolverine. Then frozen solid by iceman before teleported away by Nightcrawler.

Carnage is quickly done, Forge uses his knowledge to create a sonic emmiter that renders Cassidy useless. Then traps him in Stranges magic forcefield

War Machine is then dealt with by Doom.

2 of Marvels most potent Sorcerers + 2 of Marvels best tech inventors (Doom would be #2 behind only Reed) + Efficiency of Kurt and Bobby who can be anywhere in a flash + Metamorpho's ability to become or create any elemental compound or chemical = Checkmate.

#3 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad but are you aware that you have no intel on my charcters?

With my prep time, batman and Magneto copies War Machines armour and with Magneto's ability to put together machines in a few seconds, they build a group of 40 self piloted knock off War Machines.

With my prep time, batman and Magneto copies War Machines armour and with Magneto's ability to put together machines in a few seconds, they build a group of 40 self piloted knock off War Machines. With the remanded of the time, Batman and War Machine make a magic penatrading weapon (I'm sure batman has done this before), which is then inserted into ever charcters on the team,

bruce also has the Batplane called in.

Once the battle beigins, War Machine and his copycats fly in and assult any forcefield defences with Batmans prep weapons, there flamethrowers to take down Iceman's wall. The copycats then fly in and drop missiles, through out the island on target for Doom or Strange. While the War Machines attack, Batman along with the rest of the team fly in closer to the island (now that most tech will be taken out) an magneto uses his powers to pull apart all of the buildings. Colossus Wolverine Carnage and War machine fly in to attack and hunt for there target. Once confronted by the enemy team, they engage in battle meant to stall,

as soon as magneto has taken out enemy buildings batman scopes out the exposed objective and quickly picks her off with the Batplane weapons after takeing down the force shield. (if Strange and Doom haven't already been destroyed by the innital middle attack and building destruction)

#4 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy said:

Not bad but are you aware that you have no intel on my charcters?

I wasn't presuming you did. I was saying Doom gives out a device that registers the entity in front of it. Strengths and Weakness'

With my prep time, batman and Magneto copies War Machines armour and with Magneto's ability to put together machines in a few seconds, they build a group of 40 self piloted knock off War Machines.

War Machine is not a threat. Neither Magneto nor Warmachine have the arsenal to harm magic. In any event, Doom has nullified mutant abilities with a device before. Magneto couldn't take Doom nor Strange. The war machines are dealt with via magic. Doom could just summon demons or Doombots.

With my prep time, batman and Magneto copies War Machines armour and with Magneto's ability to put together machines in a few seconds, they build a group of 40 self piloted knock off War Machines. With the remanded of the time, Batman and War Machine make a magic penatrading weapon (I'm sure batman has done this before), which is then inserted into ever charcters on the team,

Bruce has never made a device nullifying magic, it's extremely rare in comics if you think about the ratio. In any event he has even resorted to gaining help from sorcerer(ess')'s before. Batman has done magic in one comic and described it's complexities too unstable. As for Magnus, he's stood up to Doom before and was embarrassed.

bruce also has the Batplane called in.

Useless in this fight.

Once the battle beigins, War Machine and his copycats fly in and assult any forcefield defences with Batmans prep weapons, there flamethrowers to take down Iceman's wall.

Batman is one of DC's best preppers. In marvel, however, he wouldn't be top 5. 2 of them are on my team. Dooms tech >>> Bruce. Do you realize how long it would take to melt dry ice with even flamethrowers..? Your hour would be up long before you got through 1-2 Doors.

The copycats then fly in and drop missiles, through out the island on target for Doom or Strange. While the War Machines attack, Batman along with the rest of the team fly in closer to the island (now that most tech will be taken out) an magneto uses his powers to pull apart all of the buildings.

Dooms force field have withstood IG blasts, Galactus' blasts, a journey's force that knocked out Galactus and The Pre Retcon Beyonder. That's not even his magic... Strange's force field's when he's not playing Mr. Nice guy, would be impregnable. Not in t he time you have without some heavy magic hitters to counter.

Colossus Wolverine Carnage and War machine fly in to attack and hunt for there target. Once confronted by the enemy team, they engage in battle meant to stall,

Nightcrawler and Iceman could handle this team without too much trouble. Nightcrawler in Age of Apocalypse was teleporting body parts.. However they wouldn't get past the toxic chemical that Metamorpho has in the air.

as soon as magneto has taken out enemy buildings batman scopes out the exposed objective and quickly picks her off with the Batplane weapons after takeing down the force shield. (if Strange and Doom haven't already been destroyed by the innital middle attack and building destruction)

As I've already stated. Doom nullifies Magneto then traps him. Metamorpho poisons most of your team, the ones that survive are disemboweled by NIghtcrawler, frozen by Iceman, then blasted into tiny pieces by Forge. Strange and Dooms forcefield won't be broken by any member of your team. You'd be lucky if Doom allowed you in his building. He'd only do that to kill or capture them for answers. He doesn't have to know who's coming. His suit's armor is superior to Tony's. His magic has defeated Ghost Riders, Brother Voodoo, Strange, Morgan Le Fay, Dormammu (however Doom was SS, which Strange now is). His tech was considered by MODOK to be the most advanced in Robotics on the Planet, outdoing even Pym. He's created Time Machines, Anti Matter guns, a Cosmic cube, devices that nullify mutant abilities and even ones that paralyze opponents and a molecular expander. He's used a polarity machine to turn the electrons, that magneto manipulates to bend metals and the ems to his will, against Mags so that his powers all work AGAINST himself.. His armor can absorb any type of energy if he channels it correctly. And that's JUST Doom.. He's the leader and probably marvels Greatest earth villain (with mad respect to Magneto for coming in 2nd). But he would know exactly how to out think your team without knowing them. He's the villainous Reed Richards. And Reed even can't figure out certain things Doom does. Comic villains (not Written by Starlin, cough, Thanos, cough) are always defeated by either PIS or CIS. Doom by typically CIS, you can't have the Villain win... Luckily this isn't comics its a pure battle forum. Doom could do this alone, having Strange, Metamorpho, Forge, Iceman and this version of Nightcrawler just make it a quick night.

I liked your team choices. It's just damn difficult fighting characters that are the best in magic, tech, inventing and intellect. That's the right ingredients for disaster.

#5 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW @backflip are we allowed to utilize Wanda and her abilities in this fight since we're defending her? And are there specific rules pertaining to her. Because I saw you said she can't be moved somewhere else or another dimension but I believe I read someone shrinking her with Pym particles and hiding her. I was under the impression its sort of a capture the flag, with one flag. The flag being her and put in the same spot without manipulation of time travel or devices on her...

#6 Edited by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is much weaker currentally can tour provide scans as to how powerful his magic is? I dontthink he would have been allowed in th tournment if his magic was that powerful

don't get me wrong I am aware of the things he's done but I do know he was down graded

as for takeing out magneto, he will be safe on the batplane, destroying the island from a distance, ice mans wall will already be weakened by the first missle and flame attacks, they should be able to break through

I dint think doom and strange can take on 20 War Machines each, while there being bombarded by missles and other heavy fire power. Even if it turns out they could hold there own. It's merely to stall untill Erik brings the building down on Wanda

#7 Posted by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Nope, Wanda is confined to her cage. You're not allowed to utilize her in any manner.

I'd also say try and fiddle with her as little as possible, in the interest of fairness.

#8 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is Doom. He hasn't been depowered for awhile. Since 2010-2012 ish. He's hand his intellect back. The magic has been steadily growing since the 1990s and he's always been a polymath. He's allowed in this tournament because his base power set permits it. Much like Reed Richards, who is Dooms equal in intellect more so than superior. Dames level of feats, Reeds Ignorance and Dooms arrogance costs them. Typically nothing more.

#9 Edited by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

Can he without that big of a force field ? And still use more magic? It takes focus to keep 40 war machine missiles and other weapons

#10 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice battle

#11 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

You're forgetting the complex has turrets to shoot missles. Magic of Strange and Doom is more than enough to protect them. I think I'll keep Doombots on the perimeter. They manage foes like Silver Surfer and Thor for a bit so they'd tie up colossus. Though its hardly necessary I'm just adding it for boredom.

#12 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

How will doom access the bots from on the base?

An army of war machines can avoid missiles.

They have a lot of fire power going on them and topped with the bat planes fire power and magneto rebounding bullets,

It should be enough force to penetrate through there fields.

#13 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

Think about it this way, you only have 1 hour to get to Wanda. My objective isn't to kill you, it's to stop you. Tech, magic, elements and ice as well as having someone who can invent anything and someone who can go anywhere in a flash taking 1-2 characters is going to be extremely hard to get past. You'd need to counter with both tech and magic. You have neither superior. Your team has no idea where she is, no idea what our plan is and no character to counter our offense besides arguably Mags. Defensively it's a wrap. I would like to suggest something to the Maker of the tournament involving you if you'd please PM me.

#14 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible I could direct fire power to under the island and sink it

#15 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible I could direct fire power to under the island and sink it

No member of your team has the fire power to sink an island. Especially one protected by Dooms tech and Doom/Strange magic.

#16 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

40 war machines? With missiles? I can attack underneath, you didn't say anything about protecting the underwater sections

#17 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy: 45 minutes into the battle, Doom sends an emmisary to your team and presumes the leader is Magneto. He says "Join our venture, and we will allow you to live. If you refuse, I will personally banish each of you into the shadows of the Universe where even the most horrifying creatures dare not dwell. So is my word. So sayeth Doom." I suggest a team up. We combine our debating, uniting and moving forward with 6 characters led by Victor to round 2. We will discuss the details separately.

#18 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

I accept

#19 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4059 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice fight!

#21 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks

#22 Posted by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: @mrtrevorguy: Um what? Well that was a bit unexpected... I'd be inclined to say you can't just do that.. And actually, I'd say in this event, as a technicality, Team 2 wins; because Team 1 didn't get to kidnap Wanda.

Umm... I'm going to put this to the rest of the debaters.

#23 Edited by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy: @supermanwithatan01: Sorry guys, but upon looking at the rules. I've made my decision. This tactic IS NOT ALLOWED. Quite frankly, it ruins the competitive nature of the tournament, and actually, considering the objectives, in the event of you trying to pursue this, I'll have to take that as an acceptance of defeat for Team 2 (Mr. Trevorguy) on the grounds that he failed to complete the objectives.

EDIT

Been too long replying Mr. Trevor Guy, so sadly, on the basis that you kinda opted to fail your objectives, I'm going to have to give it to Supermanwithatan01