#1 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the Triskelion. Inside, at it's very core, is Wanda Maximoff. Arguably by the consequences of her action, she is one of the most prolific murderers on the planet. Now she must face judgement.

Employed by Roma, Guardian of the Omniverse, Team 1 must infiltrate the Triskelion from two miles out, aboard a reserve Quinjet. Once inside, they must outmaneuver or out right kill the opposing team before kidnapping (Or killing) Wanda Maximoff and getting her back to the Quinjet whereby they shall all be teleported to the Starlight Citadel. However, a number of situtional hazards are gonna make this difficult. Firstly, her cell is Teleport proof. Aka, you can just 'port in and out'. Furthemore, the Triskelion has defenses and Team 2 know that someone is about to stage a kidnapping of Wanda Maximoff so it's gonna be tough.

Team 2 alternate objectives, as employed by Nick Fury are slightly different. They need to stop the assault, protect Wanda and ideally annihilate as much of the team as possible. They are given total executive control over the Raft, and 20 shield agents from which to assist them in their responsibilities.

Oh, and both teams only have 1 hour to complete there objectives.

Triskelion Defenses

- Your standard Turrents

- Lockdown Doors

- 20 Armed Shield Personal

- Wanda's Prison

Team 1 Bonuses

- 1 hours full prep with dossiers of the location, and their opponents. Access to gear must be realistic

Team 2 Bonuses

- 2 Hours at the Triskelion getting to know the layout etc and set up defenses. However, they are unaware of who EXACTLY will be attacking. Access to external gear must be feasible.

Summary Objectives

Team 1

- Kidnap or Kill Wanda Maximoff from her Cell in the Triskelion (In the event of Team 1 winning, providing they can prove they can kidnap Wanda they shall be rewarded)

Team 2

- Prevent the kidnapping or death of Wanda (Team 2 get a bonus if they can wipe out the entire opposing team)

Team 1 (Sovereign91001)

• Emma Frost (Pre-AvX)
  • Guyver Gigantic
  • Iron Man
  • Doctor Fate (Hall)
  • Noh-Varr (Nega Bands)
  • Black Bolt (Only Whisper)

Team 2 (Esquire)

• Exiles Mimic (Wolverine, Colossus, Cyclops, Beast, Northstar)
  • Shroud
  • Spider Woman
  • Warblade
  • Geo-Force
  • Jean Grey (No Phoenix)

In character, but they know they have an objective. They'll follow it, but don't expect Teamwork to be a given. Knock out or Death are acceptable ways to remove your opponent. BFR is allowed, but only within the scenario (AKA, 2 mile radius of the Triskelion)

#2 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire:

Our match is up.

I intend to win this time!

#3 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck to both of you, I will be interested to watch how you both attack and defend

#4 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy: Thank you :)

@esquire I'll start off with my prep:

I'll have Doctor Fate teleport Tony to his lab where he'll obtain his S.P.I.N darts. and some communicators.

Once they return each member of my team (minus Black Bolt) will get a communicator. Tony will hack into the Triskelion security systems and remotely monitor your team, he will also shut down the turrets.

Now a few members of my team: Fate, Guyver & Iron Man have telepathic immunity.

Black Bolt and Emma have telepathic resistance.

The only member of my team who has no shielding to telepathy is Noh-Varr.

So I'll have Emma telepathically shield him as well as reinforce Blackbolt's resistance.

That'll do it for my prep.

#5 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: @backflip

Before I do my prep, I'd like a couple of clarifications.

First: does Sovereign get to use Iron Man's technopathy to hack into the Triskelion during prep? I feel like that somewhat violates the spirit of independent prep.

Second, is Sovereign allowed to simply blast his way straight through the roof of the fortress and basically drill through the base until he gets to Wanda? Since he has Tony, Black Bolt, etc, who won't really be hindered by normal walls, do we assume they're indestructible so that he has to actually go through the hallways and not demolish any structures in his way?

#6 Posted by ScottishWarlord (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck to you both :) be sure to tell me when the voting starts.

#7 Edited by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001 @esquire: I'd say the walls are near enough nuke proof, so he'll have a hard time arguing that he should be able to blast his way through them :P

Also yeah I am in agreement with your point about pre hacking. As your set ups are individual, it kinda violates the fairness of the battle.

#8 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: Aww geez I can understand the prep but I can't blow up walls unless I can preform over nuclear level damage? Seems a little high but okay back to the drawing board. Is my technopathy limited once the match begins?

#9 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: Nah of course not. As soon as you enter the fray, you're allowed to make use of your guys techniques. But yeah sorry about the brute force stuff, but I just want something more imaginative than blasting your way through some doors. Tbf, you still have a Teleporter, a Speedster, a Telepath, A technopath, you should have other means of getting around it :P

#10 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: Okay thanks and it's cool, I suppose it was too easy lol. I've already got something pretty cool in mind.

#11 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001: My schedule has filled up again, but I'll get an opener up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

#12 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump, Bump, Bump

#13 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001

Okay. To start, the SHIELD agents will be assigned to move all turrets, positioning them in such a way that the only unguarded approach is straight through the door furthest from Wanda's cell. They will also retrieve gas masks which they will wear and give to the rest of my team. Mimic will trade Beast's and Colossus' powers for Spider-Woman's and Shroud's, then he'll use Northstar's speed to run throughout the building, filling the hallways with Darkforce and pheromones. We'll leave the space right outside Wanda's cell clear, but the rest of the building will be filled with impenetrable darkness. This isn't just the absence of light, Shroud's darkness was able to block even Iron Man's sensors during West Coast Avengers, so Sovereign's team will be blinded completely, and will be calmed and lulled into indifference by the pheromones.

Once this is done, the Agents will sequester themselves outside Wanda's cell and close the lockdown door. Mimic will absorb Warblade and Jean's powers, leaving him with Warblade, Jean, Spider-Woman, Shroud, and Northstar.

Geo-Force, Warblade, Spider-Woman, and Shroud will take up a position in a hallway off to the left of the corridor Sov's team will have to come through, and Mimic will take a position on the right. Jean will TP link Geo and Warblade into Shroud's perceptions, so that they can 'see' throught the Darkforce. Mimic will set up a conversational TP link so that my team can communicate effectively. Jean will be in the Command Center, monitoring the area for attackers.

When the Quinjet appears, Geo-Force, Jean, and Mimic will send it into the ocean using Gravity powers and TK. Assuming all of your team gets flown out, the turrets will open fire on them, driving them to the only available entrance. Once inside, Jean will engage telepathically with Emma. Emma has already admitted that Jean is more powerful, and with Mimic's TP to back her up, Jean should take down Emma without much trouble. With Emma's protection of Noh-Varr gone, he'll get Psionically KO'd as well. Jean will then go to work on Black Bolt. What are his TP resistance feats like? I haven't read much Inhumans.

Dark Reign: The Cabal. Emma is talking.

Assuming Black Bolt can hold off Jean, your four remaining team members will have to brave the Darkforce. Once they get inside, my team will wait for them to get close, then unleash their onslaught. Mimic will use Northstar's power to blitz at hypersonic speeds while protected from sight by the Darkforce and from smell by the Pheromones. Since he's moving faster than sound, sound won't help either. He is undetectable by your team and Geo-Force will use his gravity powers to slow your team's movements, so Mimic will get several free shots. The question is, can he take advantage of them? The answer, luckily, is yes.

Mimic has absorbed the power of Warblade, which makes his skin into a malleable metal that he can form into whatever shapes he wants. Since he had no trouble with Colossus' powers, I don't see him having issues absorbing Warblade's. The most common use of this power is to form blades, and they can be made infinitely sharp. Warblade has used them to cut Captain Atom and Mister Majestic, who are far more durable than your team.

He also absorbed Spider-Woman's powers, which give him the ability to use Venom Blast. This has been powerful enough to take down Wolverine and do some pretty solid damage to Moonstone, and that's just being blasted with it. Thanks to Mimic's Warblade power, he can fire off the blasts directly into the target's nervous system after he stabs them with his blade-hands. His Shroud powers allow him to channel the Darkforce into physical attacks, one of which was enough to knock around Wonder Man during Civil War. Add in Jean's TK, and Mimic should have no problem taking down Sovereign's team at hypersonic speeds.

In addition, the rest of my team will attack after Mimic makes his move. With Jean giving them Shroud and Mimic's perceptions, they'll actually be able to see what they're doing, unlike their opponents. Spider-Woman has enhanced senses, anyway, which gives her another advantage. Warblade's slicing ability and skills, Shroud's martial arts and Shadow Constructs, Spider-Woman's speed, strength, and Venom Blasts, and Geo-Force's strength and Energy Blasts should be enough to clean up any mess Mimic leaves after the initial blitz.

#14 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty succinct strategy @esquire. Although, surely Dr. Fate can combat the Darkforce? @sovereign91001 is going to have his work cut out for him :P

#15 Edited by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001 Like 202122, I'm going to give you 6 hours to get a rebuttal up before calling this.

#16 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: At the start of the battle Esquire will be attacking my Quinjet taking it down

every member of my team can fly except Emma so they'll bail out with Blackbolt carrying Emma.

Guyver has shielding, very durable shielding that he can extend outward (Scans are backwards in order and read right to left.

so he'll start by shielding my team. Blackbolt will provide additional reinforcement.

While this is happening Tony will hack into the Triskelion and shut those turrets down, next he'll pull up a diagram of the Triskelion and view the inside via the interanl secuirty systems. The first thing he's going to see is the darkness.

Here's where Fate comes in he's going to cast an invisibillity spell.

and since Shroud's darkness is mystical in nature he's going to dispel it. He's had experience fighting and dispelling opponents who can control darkness namely Obsidion.

Once the darkness is dispelled Tony will scan the area before proceeding, his scanners will pick up the pheromones; now while they aren't a problem for him or Guyver or Fate, the rest of my team is not so lucky so he'll access the air control system and vent the area of Pheromones. Now my team invisible both psychically and visablly will proceed down the corriordors.

Tony will use his S.P.I.N Darts to disable your teams powers, as we're invisible we'll have the element of surprise, the only one this might not work on is Mimic but Guyver, Fate, Iron man Black Bolt etc. have wide area attacks and the corridor like nature of the structure is going to limit Mimic's movement options. Any one of those weapons can be a O.H.K.O

The Guyver's sonic weapon works different than other sonics in that it disintergrates matter on the molecular level, it's cannon weapons can melt down any material on Earth to it's base coponents.

In addition Guyver has at least hypersonic (possibly over) reactions

Should we be discoverd before hand Fate will do this:

Or Fate and Noh-Varr will just teleport your team to the other side of The Triskelion and the remanider of my team saves Wanda.

#17 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Part two:

Black Bolt has been able to overthrow his brother Maximus, he's a pretty potent psychic but Jean could probably shut his mind down if she put her mind to it.

The only times I recall Emma and Jean fighting telepathically (In New X-Men) she had the Phoenix force reinforcing her abilities. I don't know if Jean can take it to Emma without the Phoenix and if she could I don't think it'll be easy, although I could've missed a tussle they've had.

Warblades Blades can be handled by Guyver's Blade's: They interfere with matter at the molecular level and are able to cut through any material. The only material they can't cut through are other Sonic blades.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2769637

After Fate teleports your team away he can magically erase their minds that he was ever there.

Even possibly without Emma, Blackbolt and Noh-Varr between Iron Man, Guyver and Fate I think my team takes a solid win.

#18 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001

Apologies for the relative dearth of scans in my debate. My scanner has not been getting along with me lately, so I'm stuck with internet scans and obscure characters that nobody has even made respect threads to crib from. :P

Anyway:

Here's where Fate comes in he's going to cast an invisibillity spell.

This is a miscalculation. What you haven't taken into account is that fact that I have both Shroud and Spider-Woman on my team. In your scans, a dog was able to detect Fate when he was invisible, and Spider-Woman has enhanced senses.

Shroud is even more important. The interesting thing about Shroud is, he's actually blind. He doesn't 'see' like normal people at all. Instead, he has a different sight-like ability that extends around him in all directions, much like Daredevil's radar sense. There is no reason this would be blocked by the invisibility spell, and Mimic has the same thing. With Jean TP-linking my team's perceptions, everyone will have no trouble detecting your team, which is a big advantage when your opponent thinks he's going to get the drop on you.

and since Shroud's darkness is mystical in nature he's going to dispel it. He's had experience fighting and dispelling opponents who can control darkness namely Obsidion.

Shroud and Obsidian are totally unrelelated powers-wise. Obsidian has control of normal everyday darkness, the absence of light. All of his powers stem from the absence of light, so when Fate gives off a blast of light, naturally Obsidian is going to be taken out. But Shroud's darkness isn't the absence of light, it's the Darkforce, a semi-sentient light-negating substance from another dimension. If Fate gives off a blast of light, the Darkforce will just eat it. No illumination can penetrate Darkforce, that's its whole shtick.

Once the darkness is dispelled Tony will scan the area before proceeding, his scanners will pick up the pheromones; now while they aren't a problem for him or Guyver or Fate, the rest of my team is not so lucky so he'll access the air control system and vent the area of Pheromones.

But if the Darkforce is still in place, his scanners won't penetrate. And Spider-Woman and Mimic will continue to give of pheromones, anyway, so ventilating the corridor wouldn't be totally effective, anyway.

Now my team invisible both psychically and visablly will proceed down the corriordors.

How is your team psychically invisible? I saw nothing like that in your Fate scans. But even if that's somehow the case, I have plenty of ways to detect them.

Tony will use his S.P.I.N Darts to disable your teams powers, as we're invisible we'll have the element of surprise, the only one this might not work on is Mimic

Skeptical of this. Most of my team can easily counter the darts. Spider-Woman has the speed and agility to dodge them, Shroud can block them with Darkforce Constructs, Jean can stop them with TK, Geo-Force can create Gravity Shields to deflect projectiles, (Bruce Wayne: The Road Home), and in addition to Mimic's Northstar abilities, he has Jean's TK to stop the darts. Warblade can catch/deflect/dodge them or possibly even tank them without being harmed, since he can make his metal skin as hard as he wants.

but Guyver, Fate, Iron man Black Bolt etc. have wide area attacks and the corridor like nature of the structure is going to limit Mimic's movement options. Any one of those weapons can be a O.H.K.O

Between Jean's and Mimic's TK Shields, Geo-Force's Gravity Shields, and Shroud's Darkforce constructs, blasting through to my team is far from a given. And even if you manage to do so, Geo-Force has good durability and Warblade's (and consequently Mimic's) healing abilities are ridiculous. He shrugs off getting half his head blown away and is unphased by being reduced to a smear on the ground:

The only times I recall Emma and Jean fighting telepathically (In New X-Men) she had the Phoenix force reinforcing her abilities. I don't know if Jean can take it to Emma without the Phoenix and if she could I don't think it'll be easy, although I could've missed a tussle they've had.

Even if Jean and Emma are dead-even in Telepathy, (which Emma doesn't believe), Jean would still win. While they're in TP deadlock, Jean can use her TK to slam Emma around for a KO. If Emma goes into Diamond Form, then she's unable to use her TP and Jean can mindwipe Black Bolt and Noh-Varr with impunity. And even if Jean can't mindwipe Emma on her own, Mimic also has TP which will give Jean the edge over Emma in a TP battle.

Warblades Blades can be handled by Guyver's Blade's: They interfere with matter at the molecular level and are able to cut through any material. The only material they can't cut through are other Sonic blades.

And Warblade's blades are infinitely sharp, so they should be able to cut through Guyver, by the same token. But even if Guyver does cut up Warblade, he's reformed from getting blown up, so slashing damage shouldn't be a big deal to heal from.

Since most everyone else is finished up, I'm about ready for voting when you are.

#20 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire:

This is a miscalculation. What you haven't taken into account is that fact that I have both Shroud and Spider-Woman on my team. In your scans, a dog was able to detect Fate when he was invisible, and Spider-Woman has enhanced senses Shroud is even more important. The interesting thing about Shroud is, he's actually blind. He doesn't 'see' like normal people at all. Instead, he has a different sight-like ability that extends around him in all directions, much like Daredevil's radar sense. There is no reason this would be blocked by the invisibility spell, and Mimic has the same thing. With Jean TP-linking my team's perceptions, everyone will have no trouble detecting your team, which is a big advantage when your opponent thinks he's going to get the drop on you.

Indeed it is a miscalculation on my part and it might just cost me this match however...

Shroud and Obsidian are totally unrelelated powers-wise. Obsidian has control of normal everyday darkness, the absence of light. All of his powers stem from the absence of light, so when Fate gives off a blast of light, naturally Obsidian is going to be taken out. But Shroud's darkness isn't the absence of light, it's the Darkforce, a semi-sentient light-negating substance from another dimension. If Fate gives off a blast of light, the Darkforce will just eat it. No illumination can penetrate Darkforce, that's its whole shtick.

The interesting thing about Hector is he unlike other Doctor Fate's he has accsess to Chaos and Order Magic.

So he should be able to find a way to nuetralize the darkness, now if he can't find a way to dispel the darkness Shroud is casting (which was the first thing my team would do before proceeding down the corridor in my previous post) we go to plan B. The next obvious thing would be to open a portal and try to transport the darkness (and your team) out placing the lot of them on the other side of the Triskelion. Should that not work (I don't see why it wouldn't but I'm covering my bases here).

We move to Plan C. Tony whose hacked into the Triskelion raises the Blast Doors (with the exception of Wanda's) and while the obvious (and coolest) solution would be to use one of the particle weapons that Guyver or Tony has (I'd love to go to town with Guyver's Giga Smasher, which ftr I think could one-shot every member of your team at the same time, shields, durability and all) I'm not familiar enough with the Darkfrorce to be able to say whether or not it could absorb particle weapons or something like that so I'll have them both fire their sonic weapons down the corridor.

The great thing about the sonic's, well besides them being invisible and not generating any light is that your team won't be expecting it, they should blast right through the T.K. shields as they are normally sound permeable, your in an enclosed space so there's nowhere to go to avoid it, Guyver's sonic buster can easily fill the entire corridor/room and finally Guyver's sonics as I said (and posted scan's of earlier disintegrate matter at the molecular level so whatever's hit with the blast wave is blown apart instantaneously. Here's a couple more scans.

At minimum that should take out 4 members of your team (I'm assuming just to be safe Warblade can regenerate from having his atom's ripped apart and Mimic having absorbed Warblade's power can as well.) From there Fate can transmute them both into hawks as shown above. My team grabs Wanda, picks up our K.O'd teammates and we proceed to evac.

#21 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: I'm almost done, I'm gonna need one more post to finish out and then we can go to votes.

@backflip: We should probably be ready for voting tomorrow.

#22 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: If @esquire is done I suppose so, I was saving my last post to respond to whatever he came up with.

#25 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

I have one question for @esquire

Considering that Cloak's Darkforce can be harmed by what is essentially Magic light from Dagger, what is to stop Fate from replicating something similar?

#26 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by nickzambuto (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll vote before the end of the day, just give me a little while to get through it.

#28 Edited by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip said:

I have one question for @esquire

Considering that Cloak's Darkforce can be harmed by what is essentially Magic light from Dagger, what is to stop Fate from replicating something similar?

Where do you get that Dagger is magic? She projects life-force as super-light, and her entire powerset is based around light. I can't say for sure that Fate can't manipulate the Darkforce, (he's a beast, after all), but his powers aren't really related to the way Dagger does things.

#30 Posted by ScottishWarlord (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going with @esquire: , his team is much more versatile and IMO Sovereign did not have a convincing counter to the Darkforce. But still a really good debate on both your parts.

#31 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: I called in magic based upon it's origin and link to D'Spayre. But alright

#32 Posted by beatboks1 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

very very close. Going with Sovereign but there really isn't much in it.

#33 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Sovereign 2

Esquire 2

Anyone else care to vote?

#34 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

bump, bumb badump

#35 Edited by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by nickzambuto (13666 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

very very close. Going with Sovereign but there really isn't much in it.

Same here.

#38 Posted by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with esquire but you both did very well

#39 Posted by nickzambuto (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm siding with Sovereign. Esquire is still my bro tho B)

#40 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by nickzambuto (13666 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

I think I'm siding with Sovereign. Esquire is still my bro tho B)

>:(