• Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
  • Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid)

Indie Team:

• Aphrodite IX (Top Cow/Image)
  • The Killer (Top Cow)
  • Ninjak (Valiant)

Rules

• In-Character.
  • Win by Death, KO or Extended Incapacitation.
  • Standard Gear.
  • 100% Perfect Teamwork.
  • They start about 75 meters away from each other and non visible.
  • They are aware there are people looking for them.

Battleground

Red Team: Indie Team/Blue Team: MGS Team
Red Team: Indie Team/Blue Team: MGS Team

Let the games begin!

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Team 2.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ghostravage: Feats for Aphrodite IX? Don't know much about her or the Killer. Sorry.

ob1ed209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably mgs. Killers feats are near impossible to rank. Don't know enough of aphodite. Ninjak puts up a fight but def goes down.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team MGS.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Aphrodite take over Grey Fox's armor?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team MGS.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Wyldsong

I would back team indie here. Especially considering that the Witchblade is now standard gear for Aphrodite IX...

No Caption Provided

Having the Killer (who can shoot the wings off of flies without killing the flies) and Ninjak is just icing on the cake.

@beaconofstrength said:

@ghostravage: Feats for Aphrodite IX? Don't know much about her or the Killer. Sorry.

She has a combat computer that can predict her foes fighting styles and moves (kind of like Midnighter), and she has long sensors that can let her know about foes she can't even see (she'll know where everyone is). Her computer can also break down a foes tech for her, let her know weak points, give her the general lay of the land and so on. Her computer would also let her know how to pilot and use the ships on the scene. She has amped stats, and can increase them further with her surge ability. Bullet timing ability, programmed in nearly every earthly killing art, can kill armored foes and destroy armored robots with her bare hands. She has a healing factor for her cybernetic and fleshy bits, and also has adaptive systems. Combat usable pheromones and tanks explosions and multi-story falls without issue. Plus she is a bad arse sniper. Plus she has stealth programming that has allowed her to out stealth genetically altered trackers and their genetically altered tracking beasts (she can even turn off her scent), and has allowed her to bypass the sensors in a high tech city.

Then add to that the fact that she has the freaking Witchblade (which will further amp her stats, add to her healing, increase her durability tremendously and more), and the Coin of Solomon (which can give her special insight and so on)...

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Aphrodite take over Grey Fox's armor?

She has hacked future tech before, though her tech was still far more advanced than theirs.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: How does she hack? Grey fox armor is no different than say Space Marine armor. Its just machine, not a computer.

Well, Gray Foz stats wise outclassess most here. If Wyldsong says Aphrodite has Witchblade here, then she can beat him for sure, without that, he can beat her, and the rest of them team will be beaten by Snake and Boss combo.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I don't think it would be that easy, for one, how do you know Gray Fox would go for Aphrodite? What about Stealth, what about if 2 people go on one while another one keep the others controlled? Killer's marksmanship feats are bordering in toon force and his weapons can blow heads of 100+ toners with comparable durability, can curve bullets to a ridiculous point and is accurate enough to shoot the wings of 3 flies without killing the flies at high speed. Ninjak is in fact the true hacker here IIRC, his suit is full of awesome gadgets and he's insanely skilled too. I even posted such battleground to see a viable strategy for either team to win.

I'm not saying the MGS can't win or that the other team wins but i see this fight a lot closer than simply be determined by Aphrodite either having or not Witchblade.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: it is a close fight, but IMO Aphrodite and Fox are above the rest here so the battle comes down to the two of them IMO.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Sure, Gray Fox is above his entire team but both Snake and Big Boss beat him several times and he was pretty much unable to best them in combat. If you ask me Snake is above him and he can have all the enhanced stats he wants, Snake and Big Boss by history and performance seem to be above him. Regardless, thanks for your opinion.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wyldsong

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@wyldsong: How does she hack? Grey fox armor is no different than say Space Marine armor. Its just machine, not a computer.

Well, Gray Foz stats wise outclassess most here. If Wyldsong says Aphrodite has Witchblade here, then she can beat him for sure, without that, he can beat her, and the rest of them team will be beaten by Snake and Boss combo.

I don't know anything about Fox's armor, I was just responding to the question about hacking. If it isn't computerized, then I would say that is a no go.

As for IX without the Witchblade...well, that is another debate entirely, but I think she could pull her fair share of wins without=)

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@ghostravage: I don't think Snake is above Gray Fox in anything but skill. While Snake held out well against a sword wielding Fox, he did it beat him, and IMO would have lost. I back this by Snake opting to get rid of his gun so Fox can get rid of his sword. Snake fire a round, and realize his gun is useless while the sword is a issue. He disarm for a hand to hand for a more fair fight.

IMO Fox is above both Snake and Boss as long he is using his camo and sword. Also Boss never fought a Cyborg Ninja.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

metal gear teams wins

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Big Boss fought Null, who is Cyborg Ninja, and anything noteworthy about either is shared between both representations feat-wise.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jashro44

@ghostravage said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Big Boss fought Null, who is Cyborg Ninja, and anything noteworthy about either is shared between both representations feat-wise.

No. Null didn't have cybernetics when big boss beat him. That was a pre cyborg ninja gray fox. Big Boss also defeated Null when he was much younger and before he earned the code name fox.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: So? He didn't show anything besides stopping Metal Gear's foot. As far as speed and skill he seemed to be equally proficient.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@ghostravage: Null couldn't tank bullets either. Grey Fox had better feats all around as a cyborg, then he did as a teen. There's a big power difference between the two versions. And stopping REX is a pretty big feat, considering REX weighed 500 tons.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: So? He didn't show anything besides stopping Metal Gear's foot. As far as speed and skill he seemed to be equally proficient.

I don't know about that. If we go by the comics his bio does state that the suit did augment his skills. And he did seem more casual with his bullet deflecting as gray fox IIRC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ninjak solos

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Null couldn't tank bullets either. Grey Fox had better feats all around as a cyborg, then he did as a teen. There's a big power difference between the two versions. And stopping REX is a pretty big feat, considering REX weighed 500 tons.

When did Gray fox tank bullets?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@jashro44: It was in the novel, and in MGS1, IIRC. He effortlessly tanked Snake's gunfire, and REX's mounted machine gun, in the novel. He also did it during the REX fight.

EDIT: He may of got shot by REX in the TTS, not MGS1. My memory is a bit shoddy right now.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One more hero to add to the Indie team.

Yes ! It's a joke !
Yes ! It's a joke !