#1 Edited by oppagangnamstyle19 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: G1 Metroplexand trypticon vs Zords Round 2: FOC Metroplex and trypticon vs Zords If G1 Metroplex is around the same height as Godzilla, these Ultrazords should be around that height too. So, which team comes out victorious?

#2 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

You are aware of how ridiculous the variation in transformer sizes is right? Trypticon alone can go from merely Kaiju (relative to the Transformers) size to "big enough to have his own gravitational pull." Often changing sizes in the span of one issue or cartoon episode. And this isn't taking into account the fact that Metroplex and Trypticon have no standard version due to how the Transformers cosmology (and Hasbro's continuity policy) works.

#3 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

You are aware of how ridiculous the variation in transformer sizes is right? Trypticon alone can go from merely Kaiju (relative to the Transformers) size to "big enough to have his own gravitational pull." Often changing sizes in the span of one issue or cartoon episode. And this isn't taking into account the fact that Metroplex and Trypticon have no standard version due to how the Transformers cosmology (and Hasbro's continuity policy) works.

Trypticon has never been portrayed as been the same size as the average Transformer.It depends on the continuity but if we are talking G1 versions are around the same size as a Megazord.

#4 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Trypticon has never been portrayed as been the same size as the average Transformer.It depends on the continuity but if we are talking G1 versions are around the same size as a Megazord.

Kaiju relative to Transformers means he's to the average Cybertronian as Godzilla is to the average human, so roughly 250-500ish meters. Sometimes he's literally what you'd expect from something labled a city bot, something so large that the human mind literally cannot comprehend something that colossal.

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Kaiju relative to Transformers means he's to the average Cybertronian as Godzilla is to the average human, so roughly 250-500ish meters. Sometimes he's literally what you'd expect from something labled a city bot, something so large that the human mind literally cannot comprehend something that colossal.

He is pretty much usually that big anyway.

#6 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Did they standardize scale for the city-bots in the IDW comics? I'm still trying to get them all since the IDW books are beautiful things.

#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Did they standardize scale for the city-bots in the IDW comics? I'm still trying to get them all since the IDW books are beautiful things.

Not sure Id imagine so.

#8 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader:

Oh goody, I loved the Marvel books, but their inability to keep anyone the same size for more than two panels in a row was rather glaring.

#9 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Oh goody, I loved the Marvel books, but their inability to keep anyone the same size for more than two panels in a row was rather glaring.

Yeah they have proper scaling now,the whole inconsistent scales is more of a thing of the past.

#10 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scale Still the best page on the tfwiki. :P

#11 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Metroplex a walking city....

#12 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Isn't Metroplex a walking city....

He's supposed to be, but more often than not artists seem to just make him Kaiju scaled instead of "pokes out of the mesosphere" huge.

#13 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: I don't really read the comics, but from what I can see in the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron game my little brother plays (I don't know if it's canon or not). He's pretty huge, like bigger than a Megazord from what I can see. He's like bigger than the Arc which is supposed to carry all the autobots off Cybertron lmao.

#14 Posted by oppagangnamstyle19 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

So guys who wins?

#15 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Lord_Johnathan: I don't really read the comics, but from what I can see in the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron game my little brother plays (I don't know if it's canon or not). He's pretty huge, like bigger than a Megazord from what I can see. He's like bigger than the Arc which is supposed to carry all the autobots off Cybertron lmao.

The thing about the Transformers multiverse is that unlike Marvel or DC there is no prime multiverse. Instead they are cut up into continuity families, like branches from a tree. The Cybertron games are on the same family and are canon to the Prime TV series, but are not canon to the G1 cartoon which is in a separate continuity than the G1 marvel comic version which is in a different continuity family than the movies and which itself is divided into the novel versions and the comic book and game versions and is indeed separate from the IDW G1 comics.

It's all really quite simple.

#16 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: So I guess the OP needs to be more specific on which Metroplex he's speaking of?

#17 Posted by terry2012 (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: No in G1 He is around the same size as godzilla.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Yes he does.

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17623 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012:Which part of G1? There are multiple continuities The cartoon Marvel Comics IDW Devils Due Beast Wars what are you talking about here?

#19 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

The thing about the Transformers multiverse is that unlike Marvel or DC there is no prime universe. Instead they are cut up into continuity families, like branches from a tree. The Cybertron games are on the same family and are canon to the Prime TV series, but are not canon to the G1 cartoon which is in a separate continuity than the G1 marvel comic version which is in a different continuity family than the movies and which itself is divided into the novel versions and the comic book and game versions and is indeed separate from the IDW G1 comics.

It's all really quite simple.

#20 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17623 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I am gonna go with Meteroplex and Trypticon

#21 Edited by terry2012 (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I think The Op is talking about this Trypticon and Metroplex in this video here.

Because the ones in the video game Is way bigger than the ones in the video above. See here below, you don't have to watch the whole thing. Just enough to see what I am talking about.

He is about 1/3 the size of Cybertron. They are well over 500 feet tall. Keep in mind that Optimus Prime is 18 feet tall. And he fit in the hand of Metroplex in this video below.

It comes down to Trypticon and Metroplex, because Gigazord and Ultrazord are the smallest ones here. If it were the same size as in the first video they still would be small. Because they are barely just making over a 100 feet. So it basically a Trypticon and Metroplex stand alone thread. Zeo Ultrazord is bigger than them. Forgive me for taking long, because I had to research somethings.

#22 Posted by oppagangnamstyle19 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: what are you talking about? The Gigazord and the Ultrazords are way over 100 feet! If they were both 100 feet tall, they would both be smaller than a normal Megazord. A normal Megazord is about 50 meters, while the Ultrazords were twice the size of them.