#1 Posted by PushMunky (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Metamorpho 

VS. 

Super Skrull

What do you think?
#2 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

been done.

#3 Posted by PushMunky (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, by me. No one F'ing posted anything.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (25488 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake454:  

Yeah, by me. No one F'ing posted anything.

bwuahaha, that was hilarious!! 

but anyway, Metamorpho wins by turning into Carbon Monoxide, going into Skrull's mouth, and suffocating him
#5 Posted by PushMunky (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: That's assuming that the Super Skrull doesn't counter that move by throwing up a force-field, or shape shifting in a way that routes the carbon monoxide away from his respiratory system. Anyway, the fact that SS can, & has on many occasions, flown thru the vaccume of space without a forcefield up, or any kind of life-supporting space suit leads me to believe that SS probably doesn't need to breathe to survive.

..oh, yeah, & thanks for laughing at my pain, jerk.
#6 Posted by The Stegman (25488 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake454:  

@The Stegman: That's assuming that the Super Skrull doesn't counter that move by throwing up a force-field, or shape shifting in a way that routes the carbon monoxide away from his respiratory system. Anyway, the fact that SS can, & has on many occasions, flown thru the vaccume of space without a forcefield up, or any kind of life-supporting space suit leads me to believe that SS probably doesn't need to breathe to survive. 

..oh, yeah, & thanks for laughing at my pain, jerk.

well to answer the force field question, he could just go intangible, go underground them appear in front of skrull (i'm sure one of the elements allows this) then do the lung thing, however if skrull doesn't need to breathe, Metamorpho can just turn to one of the harder metals like lead and attack him physically, turn into a toxic element and seep into his body, poisoning him (he's organic so he must have a weakness to SOME type of poisoning) or turn into a hydrogen Halide (acid) to burn him.

* stifles laughter* you're right..i shouldn't *snicker* laugh at your pain...*cough cough*
#7 Posted by PushMunky (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman:  Well, these are good strategies for Metamorpho, but, typically, the forcefields are spheres with no holes or brakes in them. SS has the combined powers of the Fantastic Four, which include Thing, which makes him near indestructible, & Human Torch, which makes him impervious to burns, although I'm not sure that applies to chemical burns, so, good point there. Turning into a metal element might not help much, as SS has Thing's super strength & durability. Far as I know, Metamorpho doesn't possess super strength, beyond what his shape-shifting elemental powers can afford him, according to physics. If Metamorpho can turn into radioactive material, then a radiation attack might be effective.
#8 Posted by PushMunky (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Biz-ump!

#9 Posted by The Stegman (25488 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake454:  

@The Stegman:  Well, these are good strategies for Metamorpho, but, typically, the forcefields are spheres with no holes or brakes in them. SS has the combined powers of the Fantastic Four, which include Thing, which makes him near indestructible, & Human Torch, which makes him impervious to burns, although I'm not sure that applies to chemical burns, so, good point there. Turning into a metal element might not help much, as SS has Thing's super strength & durability. Far as I know, Metamorpho doesn't possess super strength, beyond what his shape-shifting elemental powers can afford him, according to physics. If Metamorpho can turn into radioactive material, then a radiation attack might be effective.

Darn, you're right, i was thinking of the field as a wall or something, lol that could be a problem, however i know he has the Thing's durability, however, Metal > rock almost any day of the week, if he can turn into a hard enough metal, he could possibly crack Thing's shell. and like you said, i think there are some radioactive material on the element table, so he could turn into that, i once saw that he even turned into Krptonite to battle superman once
#10 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
bwuahaha, that was hilarious!!   but anyway, Metamorpho wins by turning into Carbon Monoxide, going into Skrull's mouth, and suffocating him
@Jake454 said:
That's assuming that the Super Skrull doesn't counter that move by throwing up a force-field, or shape shifting in a way that routes the carbon monoxide away from his respiratory system. Anyway, the fact that SS can, & has on many occasions, flown thru the vaccume of space without a forcefield up, or any kind of life-supporting space suit leads me to believe that SS probably doesn't need to breathe to survive.  ..oh, yeah, & thanks for laughing at my pain, jerk.
@The Stegman said:
well to answer the force field question, he could just go intangible, go underground them appear in front of skrull (i'm sure one of the elements allows this) then do the lung thing, however if skrull doesn't need to breathe, Metamorpho can just turn to one of the harder metals like lead and attack him physically, turn into a toxic element and seep into his body, poisoning him (he's organic so he must have a weakness to SOME type of poisoning) or turn into a hydrogen Halide (acid) to burn him.   * stifles laughter* you're right..i shouldn't *snicker* laugh at your pain...*cough cough*
@Jake454 said:
Well, these are good strategies for Metamorpho, but, typically, the forcefields are spheres with no holes or brakes in them. SS has the combined powers of the Fantastic Four, which include Thing, which makes him near indestructible, & Human Torch, which makes him impervious to burns, although I'm not sure that applies to chemical burns, so, good point there. Turning into a metal element might not help much, as SS has Thing's super strength & durability. Far as I know, Metamorpho doesn't possess super strength, beyond what his shape-shifting elemental powers can afford him, according to physics. If Metamorpho can turn into radioactive material, then a radiation attack might be effective.
You guys make some valuable points. I have to give my vote to Metamorpho. He seems more promising than a knock-off of the Fantastic Four.
#11 Posted by PushMunky (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Mayhem_Theory:  Super Skrull is a solid character. The only reason his feats don't quite measure up to his powers/potential is that he's never had a really good writer that wanted him to win. If Metamorpho did win this, I'd say it was because SS couldn't figure out how to kill him, not for lack of trying, or that SS was not formidable enough - he certainly is, he just always seems to draw the friggin' short straw when it comes to the story arcs.
#12 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake454 said:
@The_Mayhem_Theory:  Super Skrull is a solid character. The only reason his feats don't quite measure up to his powers/potential is that he's never had a really good writer that wanted him to win. If Metamorpho did win this, I'd say it was because SS couldn't figure out how to kill him, not for lack of trying, or that SS was not formidable enough - he certainly is, he just always seems to draw the friggin' short straw when it comes to the story arcs.
Just about, yeah.
#13 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake454 said:
Same with Electro and currently taskmaster
#14 Posted by PushMunky (493 posts) - - Show Bio

How could one kill Metamorpho? SS can exude flame at temperatures exceeding super-nova. You'd think that'd probly do the trick, right?

#15 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9198 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by PushMunky (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty: Cool. I agree that SS would probably take the victory, but it'd be a good fight.
#17 Posted by PushMunky (493 posts) - - Show Bio

bump