dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By dane
Metamorpho vs Iron Man

Fight takes place in a populated Central Park. Morals on for both. Current versions for both.

Round 1: No Prep, random encounter.

Round 2: 1 days prep time with basic knowledge of each other.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By lagoon_boy
Iron Man.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FinalStar86

Fight 1 Stalemate, the only thing I can possibly see Metamorpho doing offensively is turning into gas but I am pretty sure Tony has some air filters built into his suit

Fight 2 Tony in a stomp

RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RJMooreII
@Dane:   
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dane
@FinalStar86 said:
" Fight 1 Stalemate, the only thing I can possibly see Metamorpho doing offensively is turning into gas but I am pretty sure Tony has some air filters built into his suit  Fight 2 Tony in a stomp "
Couldn't he just turn into like acid once he's entered the air filters or something?

Just trying to generate some discussion.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FinalStar86
@Dane said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" Fight 1 Stalemate, the only thing I can possibly see Metamorpho doing offensively is turning into gas but I am pretty sure Tony has some air filters built into his suit  Fight 2 Tony in a stomp "
Couldn't he just turn into like acid once he's entered the air filters or something?  Just trying to generate some discussion. "
Isn't Tony's suit air tight? I mean if their is a way for him to get inside of him in gas form, then I guess that is viable. 
RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RJMooreII
@Dane said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Couldn't he just turn into like acid once he's entered the air filters or something?  Just trying to generate some discussion. "
I'm not sure what Rex's powers are up to right now, but if he can simulate the right chemicals he could actually destroy Tony's suit if he could get past force fields.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dane
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Dane said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
Isn't Tony's suit air tight? I mean if their is a way for him to get inside of him in gas form, then I guess that is viable.  "
Of course. Tony flies in space regularly so he can obviously make his suit air tight.

@RJMooreII said:
" @Dane said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
I'm not sure what Rex's powers are up to right now, but if he can simulate the right chemicals he could actually destroy Tony's suit if he could get past force fields. "

Cool beans. Do you have an applicable feats for Rex? I was hoping to learn more about the character.
RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RJMooreII
@Dane:   

Do you have an applicable feats for Rex?

Sorry, it's been a couple years since I read anything with him in it. But I'm sure somebody on here knows their Mason better than I do. 
Also, the theme song I posted above could beat Iron Man.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Final Arrow

I have been thinking of the many things Rex could turn into to try and attack Tony and what Tony would have to block it. Everything I can think of Tony will no doubt have a counter in his armour!  

Round 1 I will give to Rex, as long as Tony is unaware of Rex's powers he will not know what counters to put up. I don't think his suit is constantly air tight, but I may be wrong, I only think he seals his suit when entering space or water. As long as Rex is taking the battle serious he may get the drop on Tony before Tony can counter. If Tony is given time to counter then I see him taking this round. I think it works out in Rex's favour 7 to 3. 

Round 2. I think Tony has this, he has basic knowledge of what he is going up against and his vast array of weapons and tech should allow him to gain an advantage over Rex and win, I see this more in Tony's favour 8 out of ten times

RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RJMooreII
@Final Arrow:  
I concur with your analysis. Rex Mason is an unholy enemy to fight if you're not prepared to fight the periodic table. But Tony Start has a ludicrous array of toys.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Iron Man could always run a molecular scan on Metamorpho, much like he did to Apocalypse recently. Seems like a reasonable thing to do against an unknown opponent. It begs the question on if he would be fast enough to do so, but I am not aware of Metamorpho's morals, and Iron Man's ability to do so would depend on that factor, as well.

As for destroying Iron Man's suit, that's not stopping him anymore, as the armor is liquid. He can reshape it, if it is partially or even entirely destroyed, as long as the energy source in his chest is intact. So, Metamorpho would have to go for that, not the armor itself.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Final Arrow
@Morpheus_ said:
" Iron Man could always run a molecular scan on Metamorpho, much like he did to Apocalypse recently. Seems like a reasonable thing to do against an unknown opponent. It begs the question on if he would be fast enough to do so, but I am not aware of Metamorpho's morals, and Iron Man's ability to do so would depend on that factor, as well.

As for destroying Iron Man's suit, that's not stopping him anymore, as the armor is liquid. He can reshape it, if it is partially or even entirely destroyed, as long as the energy source in his chest is intact. So, Metamorpho would have to go for that, not the armor itself.
"
I thought of that to, but if Rex turns into a gas,  the scan will come back as that gas! Hence why I was Tony getting time to counter. so basically I agree XD
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Final Arrow said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Iron Man could always run a molecular scan on Metamorpho, much like he did to Apocalypse recently. Seems like a reasonable thing to do against an unknown opponent. It begs the question on if he would be fast enough to do so, but I am not aware of Metamorpho's morals, and Iron Man's ability to do so would depend on that factor, as well.

"
I thought of that to, but if Rex turns into a gas,  the scan will come back as that gas! Hence why I was Tony getting time to counter. so basically I agree XD "
If he changes into gas, then the scan will be unnecessary, LOL.

The only way I can see Iron Man stopping Metamorpho in that form is containing him into a forcefield.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Final Arrow
@Morpheus_: See that's the problem with Rex, he has the full    periodic table to play with and mix up to give him his powers and he knows how to use them. hence why in my post I think he wins the first battle as they both have no idea of each other and as he can change instantly he should be able to get the drop on Tony before he can counter, but If Tony can get enough space and figure out what Rex can do then he should get the win hence the 7 out of ten in favour of rex. Round Two Tony wins, knowing what Rex can do and all the weapons and powers at Tony's disposal I see Tony winning. But in honesty if we went of their attitudes I see them both heading out for a drink rather then fighting XD.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Final Arrow said:

" @Morpheus_: See that's the problem with Rex, he has the full    periodic table to play with and mix up to give him his powers and he knows how to use them. hence why in my post I think he wins the first battle as they both have no idea of each other and as he can change instantly he should be able to get the drop on Tony before he can counter, but If Tony can get enough space and figure out what Rex can do then he should get the win hence the 7 out of ten in favour of rex. Round Two Tony wins, knowing what Rex can do and all the weapons and powers at Tony's disposal I see Tony winning. But in honesty if we went of their attitudes I see them both heading out for a drink rather then fighting XD. "

My only objection is that Iron Man is quite fast, so unless Metamorpho is literally a few metres in front of him, he wouldn't be able to surprise him by changing form. Iron Man can also see through satellites. Him detecting Metamorpho first in a populated Central Park is far more likely than Metamorpho finding him. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Final Arrow
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Final Arrow said:

" @Morpheus_: See that's the problem with Rex, he has the full    periodic table to play with and mix up to give him his powers and he knows how to use them. hence why in my post I think he wins the first battle as they both have no idea of each other and as he can change instantly he should be able to get the drop on Tony before he can counter, but If Tony can get enough space and figure out what Rex can do then he should get the win hence the 7 out of ten in favour of rex. Round Two Tony wins, knowing what Rex can do and all the weapons and powers at Tony's disposal I see Tony winning. But in honesty if we went of their attitudes I see them both heading out for a drink rather then fighting XD. "

My only objection is that Iron Man is quite fast, so unless Metamorpho is literally a few metres in front of him, he wouldn't be able to surprise him by changing form. Iron Man can also see through satellites. Him detecting Metamorpho first in a poulated Central Park is far more likely than Metamorpho finding him.  "
I don't know it's kinda hard to detect air than it is a red and gold man XD 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Final Arrow said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Final Arrow said:
My only objection is that Iron Man is quite fast, so unless Metamorpho is literally a few metres in front of him, he wouldn't be able to surprise him by changing form. Iron Man can also see through satellites. Him detecting Metamorpho first in a poulated Central Park is far more likely than Metamorpho finding him.  "
I don't know it's kinda hard to detect air then a red and gold man XD. "
Then Red and Gold man has stealth mode. :P

But truly, if Metamorpho elects to remain in that state all the time, it would be extremely difficult for Iron Man to detect him, indeed.
RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RJMooreII
@Final Arrow:   

Yes, unless he's cloaked a shiny red and gold person is about the most obvious thing in the world. It's like he was designed by Maserati.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@RJMooreII said:
" @Final Arrow:   

Yes, unless he's cloaked a shiny red and gold person is about the most obvious thing in the world. It's like he was designed by Maserati. "
Those were the trademark colors of his old school, if memory serves right.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Final Arrow
@Morpheus_: @RJMooreII:  LMAO we just made this the most pointless battle ever. 

Rex: turns to air. 
Tony: turns on stealth.  

Rex: Damn where is he. 

Tony: Damn where is he. 

the next three hours is spent with nobody moving. 

Rex: You still there. 
Tony: No!!! 
Rex: Uh huh. 
Tony: Do you drink XD.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Final Arrow:LMAO. 

"Iron Man to base. You sure there was some kind of threat here? I cancelled a date with Emma Frost to get here".
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By Strafe Prower

Metamorpho takes Round 1.  IIRC, He has went toe 2 toe with Guy Gardner, He might have even beaten him but I don't remember to be honest, before who has forcefields that are more durable than Tony's. which makes me think he could take out Tony once he enters his suit via gas or go directly with the offense and turn into a toxic liquid that could erode though the Armor, depending on which Metal it's made of. Do you think Tony's suit could take the force of a Diamond cutting drill or laser? Metamorpho has been able to turn into those before as well.

I'm not sure on round 2. What would Stark do with such a short amount of time against Metamorpho who has basically unlimited ways to fight.

RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RJMooreII
@Final Arrow: Since this is Marvel, could Rex turn into adamantium?
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Final Arrow
@RJMooreII: I don't think so, the way I look at battles like this, is that even with him being in marvel he is still limited to the periodic table of his world. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

could Metamorpho mix himself into a cocktail and really mess with Tony?
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Jake Fury said:
"could Metamorpho mix himself into a cocktail and really mess with Tony? "

lol
RJMooreII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RJMooreII
@Final Arrow said:
" @RJMooreII: I don't think so, the way I look at battles like this, is that even with him being in marvel he is still limited to the periodic table of his world.  "
I guess it's invisible Tony Vs. the air then.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Billy Batson

Metamorpho. 

Tony Stark is fake and gay.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Billy Batson said:
" Metamorpho.  Tony Stark is fake and gay. "
Impeccable and, most of all, unprejudiced reasoning.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By spidey 15
@Billy Batson said:
" Metamorpho.  Tony Stark is fake and gay. "
0_0
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By beatboks1
@Jake Fury said:
" could Metamorpho mix himself into a cocktail and really mess with Tony? "
In the SA he used to turn different parts of his body into different elements that would react together to achieve a desired effect. For example to create an explosion turn part of himslf into Sodium and part into chlorine. In outsiders JLI he seemed to have3 expanded his abilities to make compounds (something he could do back in his earliest days without reacting). Really not sure of current.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CosmicSpiral

From what I've read of Metamorpho, I would give both rounds to Tony. 

Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metamorpho 
Tony

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Metamorpho, 
Tony is smarter so the 2nd round goes to him, given a day I think he could come up with something to take Metamorpho out.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Final Arrow:  

Round 1 I will give to Rex, as long as Tony is unaware of Rex's powers he will not know what counters to put up. I don't think his suit is constantly air tight, but I may be wrong, I only think he seals his suit when entering space or water. As long as Rex is taking the battle serious he may get the drop on Tony before Tony can counter. If Tony is given time to counter then I see him taking this round. I think it works out in Rex's favour 7 to 3. 

Round 2. I think Tony has this, he has basic knowledge of what he is going up against and his vast array of weapons and tech should allow him to gain an advantage over Rex and win, I see this more in Tony's favour 8 out of ten times

pretty much this actually
Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Superskrull86

R1=Metamorpho 
R2=Ironman since he will know exactly what exosuit to wear