lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lord_oraculous016
MESSIAH COMPLEX WINS!!!

Second Coming is kicking serious tush... Probably the best X-Men story since The Dark Phoenix Saga..

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Ugh, Messiah Complex is so much better. I tried reading Final Crisis and realized how stupid DC got. Messiah kept me on the edge of my seat, and there are just so many memorable scenes. Although both arcs allegedly "killed" major heroes only to bring them back shortly after (Batman and Professor X)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I think the biggest problem with Final Crisis was how overly complicated it got. If they had just stuck with the Libra/Darkseid/Anti-Life stuff and not gotten involved with Superman and his entire journey to wherever he went it would have been much better.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daak1212
@lord_oraculous016 said:
"MESSIAH COMPLEX WINS!!!

Second Coming is kicking serious tush... Probably the best X-Men story since The Dark Phoenix Saga..

"

Yeah Im actually gonna pick up Second coming in trade form and start reading Uncanny and maybe buy the Astonishing Trades.  As for this this goes to crisis
Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Bobby X

Final Crisis was complicated, but pretty damn brilliant imo. The story of the evil gods' ultimate plan to bring about the 5th world wa sexcellent and the ultimate good versus evil story. Morrison takes the concepts to their metaphysical absolutes, beyond anything I have ever dreamt of imagining, at least in terms of comics, and the stakes could not possibly be any higher. 

I think it's tough to compare the two, since they were events on such ridiculously different scales... but I can see why some would prefer Messiah Complex. I loved Messiah Complex but I have to give this to Final Crisis, hands down.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666

Thanks to MC i've back to reading comics.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By The Average Bear
IMHO, Final Crisis was pretty mediocre. Especially it's ending. And Darkseids death just wasn't what I had always pictured it as. Messiah Complex was the final push that I needed to jump into the X-Men-pool. So I'll go with MC.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sherlock

I gotta Go Messiah Complex that was pretty epic@daak1212 said:

" @lord_oraculous016 said:
"MESSIAH COMPLEX WINS!!!

No Caption Provided
"
Yeah Im actually gonna pick up Second coming in trade form and start reading Uncanny and maybe buy the Astonishing Trades.  As for this this goes to crisis "
Did they come out with the full version of this one yet??
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AtPhantom
@Bobby X said:
" Final Crisis was complicated, but pretty damn brilliant imo. The story of the evil gods' ultimate plan to bring about the 5th world wa sexcellent and the ultimate good versus evil story. Morrison takes the concepts to their metaphysical absolutes, beyond anything I have ever dreamt of imagining, at least in terms of comics, and the stakes could not possibly be any higher.  I think it's tough to compare the two, since they were events on such ridiculously different scales... but I can see why some would prefer Messiah Complex. I loved Messiah Complex but I have to give this to Final Crisis, hands down. "
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! I've been cloned?
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Kurrent

Complex all day!

-Unseen-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By -Unseen-
@AtPhantom said:
" @Bobby X said:
" Final Crisis was complicated, but pretty damn brilliant imo. The story of the evil gods' ultimate plan to bring about the 5th world wa sexcellent and the ultimate good versus evil story. Morrison takes the concepts to their metaphysical absolutes, beyond anything I have ever dreamt of imagining, at least in terms of comics, and the stakes could not possibly be any higher.  I think it's tough to compare the two, since they were events on such ridiculously different scales... but I can see why some would prefer Messiah Complex. I loved Messiah Complex but I have to give this to Final Crisis, hands down. "
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! I've been cloned? "

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@-Unseen- said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Bobby X said:

No Caption Provided
"
LOL. I was actually reading that a few days ago. The ending to that issue seems more appropriate.

No Caption Provided
Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Bobby X
@AtPhantom said:
" @Bobby X said:

Father?
-Unseen-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By -Unseen-
@Morpheus_ said:
" @-Unseen- said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Bobby X said:

"
LOL. I was actually reading that a few days ago. The ending to that issue seems more appropriate.

"

All ye Darkseid haters beware....
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By AtPhantom
@Bobby X said:
"...   Father? "

No Bobby, I am your... Oh, never mind.