round 2:

in the sahara

#2 Posted by dondave (33292 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera

#3 Posted by Binski (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera since its in the middle of the ocean but could be close

#4 Posted by The_Wind_Dancer (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm would win.

round 1: she can also control water/tides and the sky is just above the ocean, and didn't she manage to defeat some massive sea monster or something?

round 2: would be a stomp in Ororo's favor, Mera would be weakened in the desert, Storm would not

Storm Wins!!!!!!!!

#5 Posted by Strider92 (16022 posts) - - Show Bio

If she's bloodlusted can't Mera just use the dehydration attack that dries out your blood and body? Seems an easy win for bloodlusted Mera tbh.

#6 Edited by chiq (1899 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#7 Posted by Ddecourt (796 posts) - - Show Bio

No Brainer. Mera wins the first round, Storm edges the second.

#8 Posted by The_Wind_Dancer (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I forgot about that little trick. I change my answer to Mera

#9 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera!

#10 Posted by Phylos (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

Round one would most likely go to Mera for obvious reasons. Her maneuverability is unquestionable within that ocean arena. I'm not exactly sure on how Storm would approach the situation of trying to pluck Mera from under the massive waves that either one can create through their abilities. Plus, I think it would be difficult for Storm to single target her with bolts of lightning. Then again, other viners could disagree but eh.

Round two seems tricky, although we've seen Mera mention that being a way from large bodies of water does not cripple her or her abilities. Storm is very much so a human and that dehydration technique could prove fatal as we've all seen in that specific scan. On Storms end, well...her options are quite massive. Gale force wind to slingshot her in the opposite direction, multiple lightning bolts, flash freezing (questionable at best) and so on and so forth. You guys know how that goes lol.

#11 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm stomps

#12 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight I give Mera round one.

If she can somehow get a solid blow in round 2 Storm dies instantly. I doubt that would happen. She would have to drain Storm of her bodily liquids, but Storm could always create rain..which would only hurt her chances..damn, round 2 might be harder then I thought for both.

#13 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

'nuff said.

#14 Posted by Pokeysteve (7895 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm's lightning should be quicker than Mera's dehydrating. Maybe.

#15 Posted by patrat18 (8405 posts) - - Show Bio

mera flying is not a problem when mera can waterbend up to an aircraft

#16 Posted by Roddy010 (5111 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Mera can dehydrate her before she does this. She was seriously holding back in that scan I posted.

#18 Posted by Roddy010 (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper: Mera will be struck dead. She can't react faster than lightning.

#19 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@the_red_viper: Mera will be struck dead. She can't react faster than lightning.

She can react faster than Storm, though.

#20 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera just dehydrates her in both rounds.

#21 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

She can't do it faster than storm would strike her down

#22 Posted by RetconCrisis (3315 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera can dehydrate her in both rounds, but it might not work in the second.

#23 Edited by Psy_Locke (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I strongly believe storm can handle her body fluids as well.

Round 1: 50/50 : the advantage is on mera so im leaning towards her.

Round 2: Storm: Lightning strikes faster than the dehydration process. Not sure if flash freezing can affect mera. Storm 7/10. Storm can also manipulate air pressure around mera to distract her from the dehydration thingy . I'm sure that the dehydration needs focus to perform. There are tons of things storm can do against mera on this round. Mera would not go to Dehydration process at first move so a lightning sstrike might hit her.

#24 Posted by Phylos (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

If Mera could immediately pull off the dehydration then I would think the focus of Storm will be waned greatly, thus resulting in sloppy work for lack of a better word. In that case, Mera just siphons her life away until she is put down.

Then again, it all comes down to if she could.

#25 Posted by Stormmagician (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Just worth noting Storm could also suck the oxygen out of Mera, though to be honest I'm not 100% certain if it will work.

#26 Posted by Phylos (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

Just worth noting Storm could also suck the oxygen out of Mera, though to be honest I'm not 100% certain if it will work.

During round one, probably not. But for round two, I could definitely see that happening. Quite the turning of tables dont yah think haha

#27 Posted by Stormmagician (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@phylos:

Yep especially since she doesn't need to be close to Mera to do it. You are right about the first round though.

#28 Posted by Phylos (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

So we agree, they both suck each other off in each round, case closed

#29 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14619 posts) - - Show Bio

@phylos said:

So we agree, they both suck each other off in each round, case closed

#30 Posted by Roddy010 (5111 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@the_red_viper said:

@roddy010 said:

She can react faster than Storm, though.

Proof?

Atlanteans have better physical attributes, including reflexes. And just one wave of Mera's hand would be enough to dehydrate Storm.

#32 Posted by Veitha (2725 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm wins both round. She's more versatile and a lighting bolt is faster than dehidratation.

#33 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm wins.

#34 Edited by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

i would say mera but i have a question about the dehydration trick...the scan where she did it..isn't it unfair saying she could do that to storm?..i mean...she controls moisture aswell so that dehydration is an absolute IF..since storm has elemental abilities , that was also brought up in the iceman vs storm thread where he dehydrated a woman (i don't know if she had any sort of powers) but unless someone shows me a scan of either iceman or mera dehydrating someone who has control over moisture or water i don't know who to decide on :P ..storm can control the elements within a persons body to soooooooo they both have internal manipulation but i've never seen storm do anything with moisture internally..and then that trick would then be determined by who has the stronger will... and what if storm generates hurricane force winds?...not really the best thing for anyone including mera..being blasted by millions of grains of sands continuously....OUCH

#35 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

last time I was here nobody posted lol

#36 Edited by Roddy010 (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: It a pretty good match up but Storm has Mera beat in versatility and raw power. Her winds alone will be too much for Mera to handle.

#37 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14619 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@sog7dc: It a pretty good match up but Storm has Mera beat in versatility and raw power. Her winds alone will be too much for Mera to handle.

Bloodlusted Mera would immediately suck the water out of Storm and kill her instantly. Storm will never have a chance to summon winds.

Mera can dehydrate her in both rounds, but it might not work in the second.

It would be easier in the 2nd round, than in the first. The desert would naturally dehydrate storm all ready - meaning less water needs to be sucked out for her to die.

#38 Posted by Roddy010 (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Please give an example of Mera instantly dehydrating someone. Which won't matter anyway since Storm can form lightning much faster than a dehydration process. Mera also won't stand against a bolt amplified by the large bodies of water.

Hurricane force winds produce surges that can grow into the size and intensity of a tsunami. Storm has done this on multiple occasion by manipulating the kinetic energy within air and water. Her winds alone have countered much more than what Mera can dish, including various forms of energy and mass well over the 100 ton class. So in short her winds will be more than enough to take out Mera.

#39 Posted by Fallschirmjager (14619 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: ...Did you not see the scan above? She was clearly controlling how fast the dude was dehydrating just to prove a point.

Storm will be dead before she can do anything.

#40 Posted by Storm Calling (3541 posts) - - Show Bio

What's with all of the Mera dehydrating Storm? Would that even work against a character that has control over moisture as well? And couldn't Storm also dehydrate Mera? Why is Mera considered to have the advantage in Round One? Storm has powerful control over water and ocean currents in particular. She can sense objects moving when she's under and was able to manipulate the ocean currents to pull the X-jet out of the water when they were trapped. Not to mention her electrical abilities allow her to create electrolysis fields, which Storm could use to easily disperse any water constructs that Mera might conjure.

#41 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera and Aquaman have stated that Mera is faster in the water than Aquaman. So no, lightning wont be hitting her in the water. She's WAY too fast for that.

#42 Edited by Storm Calling (3541 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

Mera and Aquaman have stated that Mera is faster in the water than Aquaman. So no, lightning wont be hitting her in the water. She's WAY too fast for that.

I believe speed is probably the deciding factor here, or at least for round one. Round two will still be a problem for Mera though.

#43 Posted by Roddy010 (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: ...Did you not see the scan above? She was clearly controlling how fast the dude was dehydrating just to prove a point.

Storm will be dead before she can do anything.

If that's the best evidence you have then Storm completely trumps Mera in activation speed. She's countered Cyclop`s optic blast from point blank range meaning she can conjure weather at the speed she thinks. The speed of a lightning strike far exceeds the dehydration process indefinitely.

I`d also like to point out that Storm manipulates moisture on a sub atomic level including within her own body. So that dehydration trick is unlikely and will come down to a battle of wills. At which point Storm will strike her down with lightning.

#44 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not true.

Only Mera stated something like that, and it was just a boast unsupported by any feats (even 12 issue later).

If anything the only outside opinion there is about Atlantean physicals came from Tula and a group of elite Atlantean soldiers who admit they have no idea how Aquaman i so much faster than them.

And Mera as far as physicals go is a normal Atlantean.

Having said that she is pretty fast, prolly faster than most other Atlanteans due to her hydrokinesis.

As for the battle

Round 1: Mera

Round 2: Storm.

#45 Posted by JwwProd (8439 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera.

#46 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:

That's not true.

Only Mera stated something like that, and it was just a boast unsupported by any feats (even 12 issue later).

If anything the only outside opinion there is about Atlantean physicals came from Tula and a group of elite Atlantean soldiers who admit they have no idea how Aquaman i so much faster than them.

And Mera as far as physicals go is a normal Atlantean.

Having said that she is pretty fast, prolly faster than most other Atlanteans due to her hydrokinesis.

As for the battle

Round 1: Mera

Round 2: Storm.

can you give me an issue number? cause i dont want to go thru 23 issues to find out whos right

#47 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: Of course.

Mera claims she is faster in Aquaman issue 12. After that no feat or mention ever again supported that claim. So far Aquaman has much better feats than Mera.

Tula and the Atlanteans mention how Aquaman is extremely fast and unlike any other Atlantean (to the point were the Atlanteans don't even realize where he's gone after speeding up similar to vanishing before their eyes) in Aquaman issue 21.

Scavenger also confirms that Aquaman's biology is as different from humans as is from Atlanteans, in the same issue.

#48 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: Of course.

Mera claims she is faster in Aquaman issue 12. After that no feat or mention ever again supported that claim. So far Aquaman has much better feats than Mera.

Tula and the Atlanteans mention how Aquaman is extremely fast and unlike any other Atlantean (to the point were the Atlanteans don't even realize where he's gone after speeding up similar to vanishing before their eyes) in Aquaman issue 21.

Scavenger also confirms that Aquaman's biology is as different from humans as is from Atlanteans, in the same issue.

hmm, looks like you were right. My mistake. It didnt even happen how i remembered. I remember them getting chased and then her mentioning that she was faster than he was and he didnt offer an objection. weird. although they did get chased like in issue 21 or 22 so maybe somehow i got those confused.

#49 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: No problem.

They get chased in a later issue and they seem equalish, although Aquaman in the previous issue was really injured by the Dead King's ice magic. He also urges Mera to go faster. What's certain is that they are both faster than normal Xebelians (who also have hydrokinesis) since they manage to outswimm them until they stop at the Xebel portal.

#50 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (9870 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Not sure yet. At what range can Mera dehydrate a target? Can she do it from while she is deep enough in the water to be protected from Storm's attacks?

They both have defensive options present and the power to take out the other. I'm not sure what Mera's durability is against concussive lightning or being electrocuted. I am also not seeing anything about her speed (as in she can fly or move faster than Storm's flight) that suggests she would dominate in this round.

Round 2 - I think Storm wins a clear majority. The desert doesn't hinder her arsenal and she is protected by her powers in pretty much any atmosphere on earth.