Mera Vs Katara

• 117 results
Topace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If were talking about old katara then she wins hands down.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topace: No she doesn't.

She's going to kill an Atlantean, with water? Yeah right. And as for the bloodbending everyone thinks is an and all be all, Mera could very likely do the same thing. Not to mention she has pulled the water from someone's body, mentally.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody who's been blood blended has Mera's Atlantean durability. Mera both rounds. Even a morals off Katara doesn't have the knowledge of human physiology to think of removing blood from Mera's brain. Mera does.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mera

ComanderMurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera stomps here. She can tank anything Katara throws her way and all she needs is one hit to KO or kill Katara. The Scan shows Mera demonstrating her powers and slowly torturing that man. She could have just as easily ripped all the moisture from his body and there is nothing stopping her from doing that to Katara. Mera could win this without using a drop out of gallon

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: The Legend of Korra showed it can be done without the full moon. And the fact that Mera has already shown she can control the water in a human body, its likely she could counter it.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BlackWind

@justthatkid: Don't know. LoK doesn't exist to me and In refuse to watch it. Mera wins here both times tho.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind:

Actually it was only a specific line of waterbenders with the unique ability to bloodbend without a full moon. They were similar to Combustion Man in that their bending is unique from other waterbenders.

So yes, Katara still needs a full moon to do it.

emad_ishtiaque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By emad_ishtiaque

Mera both rounds

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dondave

Mera

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

emad_ishtiaque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By emad_ishtiaque

Spoiler

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Spoiler

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Mera.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By KidPhillip

Katara stomps

emad_ishtiaque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By KidPhillip

@emad_ishtiaque:

Superior Hydrokinesis. Sure AoE is great and all but she can manipulate water on a molecular level far better. Mera isn't touching her with water when the water that gets close to her simply turns into ice and then back into water back at her.

Mera controlling the water inside Katara is debatable, since Katara can pull a hama and bend herself or give Mera a stroke.

Well she doesn't exactly stomp it's a high diff win for her.

Edit: Katara has freeze breath too

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BlackWind

So what?

Mera held back a total wave from Ocean Master that was going to further flood a city long enough for three others to freeze it. As well as diverted tidal waves that nearly sank a ship. The fact that she has less reservations about being lethal just further puts the win in her favor. She could just suck the water from her body, which unlike Katara, she needs no full moon to do. Or just slice her throat. Then fact that Mera has superhuman durability and Katara doesn't further hurts her. As well as the fact that she has hurt characters with superhuman durability.

And ice? Don't make me laugh. Aquaman and Vulko were in Antarctica for six months with barely any clothes on. Cold doesn't bother Atlanteans. And even if for example she got trapped in some ice, Mera would smash it like glass.

If anyone stomps, its Mera.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By KidPhillip

@blackwind:

No. Katara isn't going to let her "suck the water from her body". Katara will overpower her and control her own body. Similar to how she overthrew Hama who had 30+ years of experience practicing and perfecting bloodbending. Katara's waterwhips can slice through steel and frankly what is Mera's Durability feats?

No again. Comparing Cold /=/ Ice isn't the point. It may not bother Her temperature wise, It will stop her in her tracks if she gets frozen solid. Not to mention katara could shove ice shards down her throat.

I am starting to slightly doubt you saw the entire show.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Mera easily

R2: could go either way

Seeing as how the OP didn't specify if they're under a full moon I'm assuming katara can't bloodbend.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BlackWind

No, Mera is going to suck the water from her body. Because she has already shown she can do it. Katara is going to overpower Mera when she has twice diverted the path and held back tidal waves? Yeah right. Not to mention her water is pressurized enough to send Aquaman into the stratosphere. Water that hard would blow Katara and her human durability apart.

So what? Mera's water has shattered ice from the Dead King which only Arthur could break. Shove ice down her throat? Yeah right like she has ever tried that. Any ice she tries to throw will be ignored or broken instantly. Its so blatantly obvious you know nothing of Mera and how much more water she is capable of moving. As well as the fact that she likely won't even be harmed by Katara's water.

And then fact that she is an Atlantean alone means she has superhuman durability. Which you need to not turn into a smear of paste on the ocean floor. She has been hit by a giant monster and got back up.

Mera needs one good hit here. That's all.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Z___

R1: Mera goes splat because of bloodbending.

R2: Katara's head becomes a trophy.

Z'

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By KidPhillip

@blackwind:

No your wrong. I just Said Katara has superior elemental manipulation of water down to a molecular level Mera isn't overtaking her body fluids. Again All She has is AoE, But that's really irrelevant when all Katara has to do is just manipulate the water around her to not touching her.

I asked for durability feats. Just because you can survive the ocean depths doesn't really mean much Durability wise especially when this is on land.

It really isn't comparable.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: No bloodbending round 2

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera and handily.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Z___
BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BlackWind

Looks like your reading skills are as bad as your Katara wank. Because I clearly said she tanked a hit from a giant monster and got back up immedietly. That alone completely shi*s on anything Katara ever tanked. And her Atlantean physiology just proves she is tougher by common sense. Would you be asking this if it was a Kryptonian?

And I like how you ignored how I stated Mera can drain then water from her body and has done so without being bloodlusted. Even with morals off, the OP does not state there is any full moon. Therefore = No blood bending. Which means Mera just drains her dry and goes about her business.

That said, I'm not debating anymore with someone who won't see what is obvious. Mera wins and its obvious.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mera, cleanly.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind:

I am not wanking. I like how you deliberately ignore my posts about katara having finer control over water down to a molecular level.

Getting hit by a monster? Stop being Vague. How strong was the monster? What are his DC feats?

I won't debate with someone who blindly points fingers and makes assumptions.

Good Day

emad_ishtiaque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind:

I am not wanking. I like how you deliberately ignore my posts about katara having finer control over water down to a molecular level.

Getting hit by a monster? Stop being Vague. How strong was the monster? What are his DC feats?

I won't debate with someone who blindly points fingers and makes assumptions.

Good Day

How can you so confidently comment on this when you don't even know Mera's durability and the extent of powers. I actually know both and Mera has shown to be more (much much more) durable and also controls water on a larger scale. Just research her and go to Aquaman's respect thread to see some of her new 52 feats. I don't wanna waste time posting them here.

AQ respect thread: http://www.comicvine.com/aquaman/4005-2357/forums/new-52-aquaman-respect-thread-670936/

Post some feat here that you think makes Katara better than Mera and we can talk about it. But so far so haven't given anything.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera is too fastand agile to Katara, the queen won't be touched by katara's attacks. Even if Katara freezes her, she would be able to break the ice.

Mera open a tunnel from surface to bottom of the ocean, sutained and created a water cyclone to throw many giant monster. She killed atlantean soldiers while she was in a dry cell and them in water in front of her cell. She was opening her path throw a metal wall with only a mounth full of water. She throwed Aquaman in stratosphere. Stopped Ocean Master wave.

Katara is more resourceful but mera wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ganymedeofthemyscira
GanymedeOfThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Katara on a personal level, Mera takes this in a stomp.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#87  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Mera stomps. Any type of water attack that hits her is not only going to do nothing, its going to heal her.

The blood bending is literally Katara's only shot and Mera also can kill her incredibly quickly. Mera also has several really great reaction feats and has claimed to be faster than Aquaman. Her superhuman stats are better than Katara's in either case.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Mera. Like I and others have explained.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mera both rounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera stomps

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera wrecks since she's basically an adult swim version of Katara with morals off and psychic bloodbending.

Basically, the only Avatar characters that could possibly tie her are Yakone and Noatak. But even Tarrlok's caliber of bloodbenders will lose this battle. Even Tarrlok.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this even for an incredible missmatch?

Mera megastomps.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara is life, and one of the best in her world, but Mera curbstomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf
deactivated-5aad0467ddfcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this even for an incredible missmatch?

Mera megastomps.

SuperNotebook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera Shitstomps. Her ability to control water far surpasses Katara hence bloodbending is out of the question since Mera can easily negate and reverse it on katara. Mera can force water at pressures high enough to tear katara's body apart from one splash. Not to mention Mera has super durability, speed and strength. She could kill or incapacitate Katana wth a swift gut punch. Mera both rounds.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera literally looks at Katara and all the water pours out of her body

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people saying Katara wins must be smoking something fierce. Mera just punches her in the face and she dies, not to mention Mera has superior water manipulation.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

Why isn’t this locked mera one shots every time

freestyler1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers