• 117 results
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By utotheg38

Didn't See this one done, Since Avatar Is an american animated show this shouldn't be banned.

Fight takes place In the Sahara Desert both have a Gallon of water.

No Prep, Both are aware of each other's power. Katara at her Prime, Mera at her current power level.

STRICTLY AN ELEMENTAL FIGHT, NO H2H!!

Round 1: Morals Off

Round 2: Morals On (Which means no blood bending!)

Vs
Vs
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Good battle!! Mera seems more adept at the use of water manipulation. If this was old woman Katara I would most likely give it to her then. lol. Good move on making sure this is no fist fight. Mera would kill her. lol

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Twentyfive

Katara will destroy Mera. And this is probably the ONLY time I'd root for Katara.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By utotheg38

@Twentyfive said:

Katara will destroy Mera. And this is probably the ONLY time I'd root for Katara.

How So?

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By velle37

Morals off I think Katara might be able to take it with blood bending, if it's a full moon of course, but barely. Morals on, Mera's body is built to survive under massive amounts of pressure in the ocean; I don't know if Katara can damage Mera so I have to give it to her.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Twentyfive

@utotheg38: I imagine Katara to be a much better water controller, plus she can bloodbend, and control the temperature of water? Not looking good.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By utotheg38

@Twentyfive said:

@utotheg38: I imagine Katara to be a much better water controller, plus she can bloodbend, and control the temperature of water? Not looking good.

Depends who does what first

No Caption Provided
Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twentyfive

@utotheg38: Cool. Mera is BA lol. I know they can both make water constructs too.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By utotheg38

@utotheg38 said:

@Twentyfive said:

Depends who does what first

No Caption Provided

I just want to note that mera Is using her mind, No Movements (Water Bending).

My theory Is It would come down to Speed, Can katara move as fast as mera can think?

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mad8Baller

I think Morals off Katara can pull water from humans like Mera too.  She pulled water from plants and killed them.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By utotheg38

@Mad8Baller said:

I think Morals off Katara can pull water from humans like Mera too. She pulled water from plants and killed them.

But can she do It fast enough?

Mera's shown she can pull water out of orifices of the body.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mad8Baller
@utotheg38 said:

@Mad8Baller said:

I think Morals off Katara can pull water from humans like Mera too. She pulled water from plants and killed them.

How fast can Mera pull water?
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By utotheg38

@Mad8Baller said:

@utotheg38 said:

@Mad8Baller said:

How fast can Mera pull water?

I'm making an assumption here, But I think she can do It as fast as she can think to.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

I don't watch Avatar so my question is what has this Katara done that would put her on par with Mera?

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mad8Baller
@utotheg38 said:

I'm making an assumption here, But I think she can do It as fast as she can think to.

If it's instantaneous, then she wins.

@IIDEADxPOOLII said:

I don't watch Avatar so my question is what has this Katara done that would put her on par with Mera?

Blood bending people and pulling water from living things.
Morals on - nothing.  She would just waste her gallon of water like super fast.
Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anymore scans or feats from Mera? I think she's pretty cool.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

@Mad8Baller said:

@utotheg38 said:

If it's instantaneous, then she wins.

@IIDEADxPOOLII said:

Blood bending people and pulling water from living things. Morals on - nothing. She would just waste her gallon of water like super fast.

So basically it's just who can move the fastest. If that's the case I give it to Mera she's showed that she can make her hard water constructs and pull water from someone in an instant.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By utotheg38

@teamextrodinary15 said:

Anymore scans or feats from Mera? I think she's pretty cool.
caption
caption
Agility
Agility
Taking on multiple enemies, Trained enemies.
Taking on multiple enemies, Trained enemies.
Taking a water construct (Not really impressive but all I have XD)
Taking a water construct (Not really impressive but all I have XD)

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayfournines

I give this one to New 52 Mera

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BMEZY

My question is, what has this Mera done that Katara hasn't duplicated at one time or another.. Another question is when it comes down to actual water manipulation, who possess more control?? I'm undecisive, for now.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My question is why does everyone think Katara need the full moon to blood bend she doesnt

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By utotheg38

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

My question is why does everyone think Katara need the full moon to blood bend she doesnt

Who thinks that?!

LOL

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist

Agreed. With the new Avatar Show its proven Blood bending doesnt need a full moon and the best Water Benders can do it Psychicly. 

Katara Wins thru a interesting staring fight....
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By utotheg38

@CadenceV2 said:

Agreed. With the new Avatar Show its proven Blood bending doesnt need a full moon and the best Water Benders can do it Psychicly. Katara Wins thru a interesting staring fight....

But can katara move fast enough, Mera can control and manipulate water In you're body with her mind.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pokergeist
@utotheg38
Oh yeah. She had Second Speed with moving arms now with the new show doing it by mind should make it pretty even. Even if she cant do it via mind I see no proof mera can pull water out of ya before Katara Counters in .5 Seconds with a gesture flick of her wrist.
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By utotheg38

@CadenceV2 said:

@utotheg38: Oh yeah. She had Second Speed with moving arms now with the new show doing it by mind should make it pretty even. Even if she cant do it via mind I see no proof mera can pull water out of ya before Katara Counters in .5 Seconds with a gesture flick of her wrist.

my bad by prime in the op I meant her in the original series

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pokergeist
@utotheg38
Its cool I still give it to katara. As I said the only Scan of Mera Pulling Water out of the Body seem to take more than a Second. Katara waves a hand in .5 Seconds and counters. 

Plus sh can do a bit more with Ice Bending added to it and Steam as well.
metalman24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By metalman24

I would give this one to katara, she can controll blood and she can controll water i believe. though if katars does win, it wouldn't be real easy.

i forgot too if its night time and theirs a full moon, then she could blood bend.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Phylos

Honestly, I don't even think Katara would need Bloodbending, like at all. In theory she could just freeze all of the water within Mera, or remove it completely all together.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morgrim

even though mera can remove the water from ur body isnt that a form of bending someones body water which is sort of like blood bending and last i checked isnt katara immune to blood bending so yea i think katara would win

Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@utotheg38 thanks

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By utotheg38

@morgrim said:

even though mera can remove the water from ur body isnt that a form of bending someones body water which is sort of like blood bending and last i checked isnt katara immune to blood bending so yea i think katara would win

this

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@CadenceV2 said:

Agreed. With the new Avatar Show its proven Blood bending doesnt need a full moon and the best Water Benders can do it Psychicly. Katara Wins thru a interesting staring fight....

@utotheg38 said:

@morgrim said:

this

good thing mera doesn't blood bend ...... -_- .... mera is still much faster and more durable and since Katara has only shown that she can blood bend during a full moon .... (since it was only a blood line trait for Iman and Tarlock to be able to blood bend anytime) unless it is a full moon here .... she will not be blood bending ....... Mera has the experience and physical capacity as an atlantian to tank just about any attack Katara has ..... she can turn any water constructs back on Katara and Katara isn't immune to blood bending .... at all .... Hama blood bended her easily ..... she just resisted it ..... someone like mera isn't going to turn her attention away from Katara for a second like hama did ......... thats why hama lost .....

Mera takes this with little difficulty ..... if bullets only scratch most atlantians how is Katara going to phase one of the more powerful ones ..... and Katara is a human .... like that guy Mera dehydrated in seconds (the reason why it was slow is because she was making him suffer, if she wanted to end him quick .... it wouldve been done) ......

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pokergeist
@Ancient_0f_Days
I dont think Katara Needs Blood Bending. Katara can bend with a Wave of her hand. Against Azula when she was Frozen in the ice with her she bended thru her Nostrils.  

As been stated Mera takes maybe 2-3 second to Dehydrate ya. Katara can bend in .5 with a wave of her hand. She can counter whatever Mera doing.  

As for Katara Toughness who cares she is not being hit by anything Mera throwin at her. 

Also Katara has another huge Advantage in she can Ice Bend and Steam Bend as well. Mera never shown from what I seen to touch either area at all. So now Katara with Morals off can Skewer Mera with mutiple ice spikes or even Freeze Mera Altogether. Heck she could Burn or Sophicate Mera via Steam.  

All Mera can do is Water here and Katara counters that like any Grade A Master Water Bender. 

She dont even need Blood Bending.
utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By utotheg38

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@utotheg38 said:

@morgrim said:

this

good thing mera doesn't blood bend ...... -_- .... mera is still much faster and more durable and since Katara has only shown that she can blood bend during a full moon .... (since it was only a blood line trait for Iman and Tarlock to be able to blood bend anytime) unless it is a full moon here .... she will not be blood bending ....... Mera has the experience and physical capacity as an atlantian to tank just about any attack Katara has ..... she can turn any water constructs back on Katara and Katara isn't immune to blood bending .... at all .... Hama blood bended her easily ..... she just resisted it ..... someone like mera isn't going to turn her attention away from Katara for a second like hama did ......... thats why hama lost .....

Mera takes this with little difficulty ..... if bullets only scratch most atlantians how is Katara going to phase one of the more powerful ones ..... and Katara is a human .... like that guy Mera dehydrated in seconds (the reason why it was slow is because she was making him suffer, if she wanted to end him quick .... it wouldve been done) ......

You tell em!!!!!

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@CadenceV2: yea .... nose bending really helps here ....

Mera doesn't need to torture Katara to win. thats why it took so long for her to take the other guy down .... she was torturing him ... with a wave of her hand she made a water man ......... Katara aint done nothin like that ....

Mera and Aquaman bounce bullets of of their skin with tiny cuts as a result ..... what is some slow ice spike going to do .... especially when Mera can fly, or just move since she is fast enough to do so ... yeah some steam is gonna suffocate a being that lives in WATER ..... atlantians travel near the core of the earth ... there are volcanoes under water ... they can chill there .... really .... water heat isn't going to effect a water being that lives that close to the core ..

and lol at "Who cares" katara can get one shotted since Mera is fast enough to close the distance .... Mera also has straight up magic .......... you act like Mera is some clown at manipulating water ..... she can summon minions made out of water to fight katara for her ... she has shown superior control over constructs than Katara ..... she (once again) has experience over Katara ... skill even .... she is the queen of atlantis and if some child who can't even take a hit ,.... and is just too slow in the first place can beat her then they might as well dethrone her right now ....

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pokergeist
@Ancient_0f_Days
LOL so from what I gather from most of your argument is Mera can make Water Clones and blah blah blah. 

Read the OP. They have 1 gallon of water for each of them. Show me some Scans of any feats where Mera can make a water Construct out of a Gallon? Serioulsy? At least I axplain what Katara can do with the wate given to both of them. Mera does what with it? Katara can cut thu steel with a less than a Gallon. Fact.  

So far you gave me nothing other than pulling Water from her body that she can counter. Also Mera Durabilty means nothing when Katara can cut thru Rocks and Steel only a little bit of Water. 

Show me some Scans of Mera with a Army of Water Constructs out of a Gallon....
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@CadenceV2 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: LOL so from what I gather from most of your argument is Mera can make Water Clones and blah blah blah. Read the OP. They have 1 gallon of water for each of them. Show me some Scans of any feats where Mera can make a water Construct out of a Gallon? Serioulsy? At least I axplain what Katara can do with the wate given to both of them. Mera does what with it? Katara can cut thu steel with a less than a Gallon. Fact. So far you gave me nothing other than pulling Water from her body that she can counter. Also Mera Durabilty means nothing when Katara can cut thru Rocks and Steel only a little bit of Water. Show me some Scans of Mera with a Army of Water Constructs out of a Gallon....

wow you still cant read can you .... I read the OP .... Mera made the one water person out of less than that in the scan .... and I was talking hypothetically when it came to making several water people ..... I said nothing about an army ... but nice reading skills once again .... Mera can pull the water out of Katara since she has been shown to do that when ever ..... so she can make more water people with that .... next

lol at your explanations all you said was "what ever Mera does katara can counter and to hell with being able to take a hit cuz katara is just not gonna get hit" ..... fail

Mera does more than just make a whip with a gallon of water .... and the only time ive seen Katara make legit constructs is when she has a flowing water source like a pond, rain or a waterway ...... so what about ice constructs .....

she cut steel with water ..... with help .... and she was taking so long in the first place since she was just barely slicing it and she was concentrating hard so in a fight where she can't just stand there for 5 mins and cut something that wont even move ..... Mera's armor is stronger than stone ........ bullets bounced off it like she didn't even care ......

Mera is fast enough to blitz Katara by closing the distance and punching her in the face once ..... u lose

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By utotheg38

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: LOL so from what I gather from most of your argument is Mera can make Water Clones and blah blah blah. Read the OP. They have 1 gallon of water for each of them. Show me some Scans of any feats where Mera can make a water Construct out of a Gallon? Serioulsy? At least I axplain what Katara can do with the wate given to both of them. Mera does what with it? Katara can cut thu steel with a less than a Gallon. Fact. So far you gave me nothing other than pulling Water from her body that she can counter. Also Mera Durabilty means nothing when Katara can cut thru Rocks and Steel only a little bit of Water. Show me some Scans of Mera with a Army of Water Constructs out of a Gallon....

wow you still cant read can you .... I read the OP .... Mera made the one water person out of less than that in the scan .... and I was talking hypothetically when it came to making several water people ..... I said nothing about an army ... but nice reading skills once again .... Mera can pull the water out of Katara since she has been shown to do that when ever ..... so she can make more water people with that .... next

lol at your explanations all you said was "what ever Mera does katara can counter and to hell with being able to take a hit cuz katara is just not gonna get hit" ..... fail

Mera does more than just make a whip with a gallon of water .... and the only time ive seen Katara make legit constructs is when she has a flowing water source like a pond, rain or a waterway ...... so what about ice constructs .....

she cut steel with water ..... with help .... and she was taking so long in the first place since she was just barely slicing it and she was concentrating hard so in a fight where she can't just stand there for 5 mins and cut something that wont even move ..... Mera's armor is stronger than stone ........ bullets bounced off it like she didn't even care ......

Mera is fast enough to blitz Katara by closing the distance and punching her in the face once ..... u lose

gotta give it to em on this one

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@utotheg38 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@CadenceV2 said:

gotta give it to em on this one

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By morgrim

@Ancient_0f_Days: first off the reason blood bending didnt work on katara is because blood bending is bending water she simply took control of her own body using her own bending so meras drain moisture wouldnt work because katara would counter secondly u really need to read the op it says no and to hand combat each charater has one gallon of water to use and when its out i assume they lose secondly katara is juts as capable of redirecting meras water as mera is at redirecting hers also u say katara needed help to cut steel that was only the one time and only because it was so thick she has been able to cut steel on her own on multiple occasions and seeing as mera dosent seem to be able to control the ssates of water that would put her at an disadvantage as katara could just freeze all the water and manipulate the ice also all in all katara went through most of avatar using only a small satchal of water to fight while mera usually uses large volumse so in my opinion katara due to the rules should be able to win here

Avatar image for bansheesonicscream
bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mera wins

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I see this as a fight that would be used for comedic purposes. Like, Mera: ''I'll attack you with a water construct!" Katara: ''Haha I control water as well!" Mera: 'Dammit!!!" lol

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BlackWind

Has Katara ever created a tidal wave, solo like Mera did in Brightest Day?

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kyle_Dornez

/Checks Mera's powers on vine article/

Well, she's stated to have super-strength. Even smallest degree of it would allow her to punch out a little girl. You know, with a fist. Bloodbending can stall her (maybe), and, as scans told us, Mera is no stranger to is as well. So even if we assume that water manipulation powers of each of them are lessened by one another (by hijacking flying water streams in mid-air and other fun ways), the logical solution is to punch Katara in the guts and take her home.

Avatar image for the_wind_dancer
The_Wind_Dancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Wind_Dancer

mera would win in a hard fight.

she is durable enough to withstand most of Katara's attacks, and fast enough to recat to fast for Katara to stop her.

MERA!

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting battle

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Cool fight. Leaning toward Mera for both rounds. I found her feats quite impressive.

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Mera easily

R2: could go either way

Seeing as how the OP didn't specify if they're under a full moon I'm assuming katara can't bloodbend.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

R1: Katara

R2: Maybe Mera