User Lists: 0

Dweller in Darkness.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Cthulhu... i mean dweller in the darkness wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dweller by a huge margin.

He's more around Dormammu's level than Mephisto.

EDIT: Mephisto only defeated Dweller while in the possession of the Fear Crown.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dweller, especially on a neutral realm.

He can tap into fear from anywhere and Mephisto himself is even susceptible to it. Plus he has some feats beyond what Mephisto could replicate. For one he has created powerful Fear-lords through his own power, like D'Spayre. And while it's arguable who the top Hell-lord is, it's not really with the Fear-lords. Though D'Spayre did become more powerful for a bit when Dweller and Nightmare created the Great Fear, but that was when he was empowered by all of humanity's collective despair.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kingant27

Dweller wins.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andromeda1001  Online

The preview of Hulk#14 is out, and I even got some good scaling. D'Spayre said that for the first time, sensed something greater(TOBA) than his creator(Dweller). So all the beings that D'Spayre encountered, including Galactus, Phoenix, Strange, other Hell-Lords and Fear Lords, are not above Dweller:

No Caption Provided

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Andromeda1001  Online
WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

Nice catch. Does it seem like it’s D’spayre just being bias towards his pop’s in the scan or does the story frame it as legit? I feel like the children of gods often just like to hype up their creators like that, tbh.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Andromeda1001  Online

@wastelandman: Well, as I said in the other thread, I don't think D'Spayre had any reason for lying to Strange. D'Spayre might've been created by Dweller, sure, but let's remember that also hates him and tried to destroy/take away his place more than once.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

Hmmm, I see. Again, I might have to look at the scan itself to judge, but I’m not too doubtful. He doesn’t have too many appearances, and prior mainly just scaled off Nightmare who can be all over the place. When Dweller first appeared I recall the story seemed to hype him as a bigger threat than his usual ones.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Andromeda1001  Online

@wastelandman said:

Hmmm, I see. Again, I might have to look at the scan itself to judge, but I’m not too doubtful. He doesn’t have too many appearances, and prior mainly just scaled off Nightmare who can be all over the place. When Dweller first appeared I recall the story seemed to hype him as a bigger threat than his usual ones.

I posted above it, actually. And it's just as you said, Dweller has few apparences, but was hyped quite a bit since his old days. Like back in Thor#230, where Hercules calls him the greatest demon of all:

No Caption Provided

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By heiqn

Dweller being only second to TOBA amongst demons? That's an interesting scaling.