Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheSpiritStalker
@K_B: I think Dante and Vergil could win since they are practically immortal and they have took on some powerful demons.
K_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By K_B

BUMP!

C'mon guys lets have some battles with these characters before they're gone/ruined forever...ie DmC reboot :(

No Caption Provided
BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BattleHeiz
@K_B: Actually this one is Dante from parallel universe.
And i can't wait to see the game even though i am fan of Devil May Cry.
 Oh and yes vergil can solo dude is a beast.
BTW are they current Dante and Vergil cause i haven't even seen current Vergil and what weapons can they use?

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@K_B:@BattleHeiz: So disappointed in this
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By saiyan_earthling
@BattleHeiz: @K_B: 
The new DMC and new Dante isn't what I want.
BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattleHeiz
@Son_of_Magnus:@saiyan_earthling: This game reminds me of Manhunt and Suffering so i'll give it a try+DMC games had no real violence unlike this one.
P.S. It's up to you to decide though
K_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By K_B
@BattleHeiz: 

Well I keep hearing Capcom and NT throwing around the term "reboot" a lot so take from that what you will. 

Back on topic this is Dante and Vergil from DMC3 with access to all of their weapons and abilities from that game.

Also remember that this battle takes place in Hell, so Mephisto has a "home-court" advantage.
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Achilles.

Dante and Vergil takes this

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Achilles.

@BattleHeiz:  
 This cant be Dante. This must be a new character also named Dante

K_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By K_B
@Achilles. said:
"     @BattleHeiz:    This cant be Dante. This must be a new character also named Dante "

Sorry dude but it's Dante :(.  When the pics and video were first revealed, I was hoping to myself that this wasn't the real Dante but actually a Dante wannabe but the lead developer actually came out and confirmed that this dude is indeed Dante and he hopes that people will eventually warm up to the redesign for the reboot.   The majority of the DMC fanbase has been pretty outraged and vocal over Dante's new look (amongst other things).  So yeah, get used to this guy:  

No Caption Provided
Arterius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arterius
@K_B said:
" @Achilles. said:
"     @BattleHeiz:    This cant be Dante. This must be a new character also named Dante "

Sorry dude but it's Dante :(.  When the pics and video were first revealed, I was hoping to myself that this wasn't the real Dante but actually a Dante wannabe but the lead developer actually came out and confirmed that this dude is indeed Dante and he hopes that people will eventually warm up to the redesign for the reboot.   The majority of the DMC fanbase has been pretty outraged and vocal over Dante's new look (amongst other things).  So yeah, get used to this guy:  

No Caption Provided
"
Or we could keep complaining until they change it. Just like Sucker Punch for Cole.
BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BattleHeiz
@K_B:@Achilles.:@Arterius:  Wait if this wasn't DmC5 and was called something lese would you liked it?
And this why you complain its like one of those What if stories Marvel made and i doubt that any of you complained
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tesseract
@BattleHeiz said:

" @K_B:@Achilles.:@Arterius:  Wait if this wasn't DmC5 and was called something lese would you liked it? And this why you complain its like one of those What if stories Marvel made and i doubt that any of you complained "

I wouldn't have a problem with it if the name wasn't Devil May Cry, just as I didn't have a problem with Bayonetta or some similar games, but it is called DMC and this is just bad.They changed the whole universe of characters that people loved and comparing this to "What if" isn't really a good comparison because you know "What if" stories are one issues that have no effect on the mainstream Marvel Universe.This on the other hand is the new mainstream, and people feel cheated and for a good reason.
BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BattleHeiz
@Tesseract: They didn't change anything they are just showing paralel universe and no it was said that it's not a mainstream and won't effect real DMC universe.
And the only reason why they hate this game is that because of it there won't be any new DMC games at least for a year
K_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By K_B
@BattleHeiz: 

What all started this in the first place was that Capcom wanted to put a Western touch on the DMC series to apparently make it more appealing to us, and so, approached a Western developer to make the new game.  The whole "oh it's a whole other universe, you don't have to worry about it affecting the main series" statement was only issued after the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the trailer.  Basically it was Capcom PR covering it's ass.  But that's not a problem, it's a business and they have to protect their assets. 

The REAL reason why fans are pissed off about this new entry into the series is in fact the developer:  Ninja Theory.   I'll just post a quote from another forum and leave it at that:         

"I've already said this in the thread, but Ninja Theory are not bad developers, if all you're interested in is an adventure game. But there are dozens of adventure games with shallow, ropey combat on the shelves. Ninja Theory is significantly better than most developers at story and atmosphere - that's undisputed. But they are consistently average-or-below at crafting enjoyable, polished combat.

DMC is one of three franchises that define themselves by their combat over and above all else. Action/adventure games are interactive movies/exploration games that serve up combat on the side. Action games like Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden and DMC live or die by their gameplay. Everything else is dressing.

Ninja Theory fans who praise their previous games seem to be much more interested in playing a new Ninja Theory game than a new DMC game. What they don't understand is that NT might write the best f******* story in the world for DmC, but story and atmosphere won't save a lousy action game. The meat and potatoes of the genre are 60fps, sophisticated enemy attack patterns, and a responsive combat engine with significant depth. This is all that is required, and Ninja Theory has shown absolutely no ability to create games with these attributes. I'm glad you guys enjoyed Heavenly Sword and the Enslaved demo, but the reasons you liked those games don't mesh with the reasons action fans like DMC."