Mephisto Vs. Cyttorak

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ShenLong

People are always saying Mephisto is a lower demon. However, until Galactus got really impatient, he was squaring off against Mephisto while Galactus was hungry fairly evenly. Furthermore, Mephista burned Cyttorak's bands like nothing. Assuming we follow some traditional Marvel higherarchy like TOAA > LT > E, D, O, C, and Cyttorak in feat has shown evidence that maybe, atleast on his good day, is > Zom, who would win in this all out battle where neither receives any help? Mephisto Vs. Cyttorak?

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By tron_bonne

Cyttorak

Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Baltoro

Mephisto is just a demon trying to be the devil, he's no match for Cyttorak.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShenLong

Anyone want to state some reasons such as feats and cosmic higharchy? Besides what I said and beating Zarathos, what has he done? I assume Mephisto is more powerful than Mephista, I could be wrong, but Cyttorak coulnd't beat Mephista. Also avoid silly physics arguments like Crimson Cosmos is a universe on its own, etc, unless you show it actually is its own universe. Cyttorak is almost always over rated. The only impressive things I know of he has done is overpower Zom and make Juggy toe to toe WWH. Being burned alive isn't a feat, it's something similar to what lots of beings can do.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren

Cyttorak has zero useful feats, so Mephisto slaughterhouse.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShenLong

I'm willing to say Mephisto simply due to feats even though he is usually depicted as less of a threat. Maybe we will see him one day like DC's Lucifer. I think that would make for a great story line. Possibly after Battle Scars.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WindCloud

Cytorrak should win this one.

Boobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Boobster
@ShenLong said:
Anyone want to state some reasons such as feats and cosmic higharchy? Besides what I said and beating Zarathos, what has he done? I assume Mephisto is more powerful than Mephista, I could be wrong, but Cyttorak coulnd't beat Mephista. Also avoid silly physics arguments like Crimson Cosmos is a universe on its own, etc, unless you show it actually is its own universe. Cyttorak is almost always over rated. The only impressive things I know of he has done is overpower Zom and make Juggy toe to toe WWH. Being burned alive isn't a feat, it's something similar to what lots of beings can do.
Cyttorak has never battled Mephista and he has never encountered Zom either. Stop making up things.
ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShenLong

Mephisto the devil gets my vote. seems like from battles, Galactus > Mephisto/Agamotto > Seraphim, Octessence, Faltine, Strange, Eternity combined. I still don't know if I want to put Shuma below Galactus and above Agamotto or above Galactus.........different forum, food for thought

Fragneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fragneto

I hear that Cytorak is actually the Crimson Cosmos embodied. Mephisto is just a demon who utilizes his splinter realms for power, so Mephisto draws power while Cytorak is power incarnate.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demifiend
@CitizenBane said:

Cyttorak has zero useful feats, so Mephisto slaughterhouse.

really? what about trapping galactus and surfer in his dimension or something like that...
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tron_bonne

Haha! Mephisto is weaker the Demigorge by the minus the 10th power! He has absolutely no chance at all!

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fragneto: So what, what is the crimson cosmos? We do not know, it was never shown in its entirety and he was banished there. It is possible it is vast but it is also possible it is a tiny pocket dimension the size of his moms basement that he reigns supreme over, big deal.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShenLong

Probably bigger than that, come on. But you're right. I'm guessing it's probably the size of a black hole. I'm guessing bigger than a solar system bc he goes against universe/dimension/realm/cosmos destroyers. A black hole could expain his strength against those guys if by nothing else just that nothing escapes not even light, but Mephisto took on hungry Galactus, he's no b*tch. And recently he revealed that no one demon dare claim the throne and title of Satan officially for fear of being destroyed by all others. In my opinion, if Marvel has a true Satan, it's probably Amatsu-Mikaboshi. He's the strongest devil.

Ronyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ronyc

After JiM 627 this may very well be a fight as opposed to the curbstomp it would be considered prior.Cyttorak should still win.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By TheGoldenOne
LOL Cyttorak threads always turn into flame wars.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bigcimmerian

I think that the true devil should be chthon.

Shuma-Gorath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Shuma-Gorath
I think Fridays should be Dress Up Day.
Ronyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ronyc
@BigCimmerian said:

I think that the true devil should be chthon.

And so did I. It was also supported by the line that  ~ "Chthon speaks to his servants through 7 hells"  Which could mean 7 hell lords but oh well that last JiM really messed up things.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By progenitorigin

Cyttorak ftw.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lance Bastro

lol 

mr. t = mephisto / galactus
mr. rogers = cyttorak 

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShenLong

If there is a true devil in Marvel and it's not Mephisto, purely due to physical resemblance, it should be Amatsu-Mikaboshi. He's bu fire the most powerful demon, defining demon essentially as an evil god...........or something like that. Chaos King is uber powerful.

Avatar image for marvelrulestheworld
MarvelRulesTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShenLong said:

If there is a true devil in Marvel and it's not Mephisto, purely due to physical resemblance, it should be Amatsu-Mikaboshi. He's bu fire the most powerful demon, defining demon essentially as an evil god...........or something like that. Chaos King is uber powerful.

Amatsu-Mikaboshi is actually weaker than you think. In Chaos War, he was collecting powers from the godlings he absorbed. Technically, Mikaboshi is than Nightmare.
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShenLong said:

Mikaboshi is not really a demon.. he is an abstract concept.. the closest Marvel has on being the true devil is Chthon, who is dubbed as the Demon among demons and the Great Shadow that creeps behind the feet of God.. he is the one who corrupted the angel-like beings known as the Bird Men of Akah-Ma'at.. he was the one who created the N'Garai who was driven out by the angel Lucifer before his fall from grace.. he is the demon who prophesied the Malachy Prophecy which speaks of the end of the world.. the Holy Catholic Church also views Chthon as the devil, keeping parchments of his book, the Darkhold in the archives of the Vatican.. Chthon is responsible for the creation of creatures of the night such as witches, werewolves, zombies, vampires and lesser demons.. he also speaks to his servants through Seven Hells..

No Caption Provided

^_^

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bigcimmerian

Cyttorak>Zom>Shuma Gorath>Chthon>Surtur>Dormammu>Blackheart>Mephisto>Pluto

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mephisto wins, Odin looks upon him with respect, he have Galactus a good fight and he has had his fingers in every major marvel story arc. Based on what had been shown of Cyttorak he was no more than a low tier sky father level character that was banished to his own realm which was then cut off from Earth and the 616 universe. Here is a rough example, please hear me out, a clear and proper analogy is hard to make here but if you think through what I post it makes sense. It is Sort of like what the scarlet witch did when she severed the link between Earth/main steam 616 and Asgard. The difference is this was permanent and the sky father being much weaker. The Crimson cosmos being a pathetic version of asgard and Cyttorak being the pathetic version of Odin. There is no reason to believe Cyttorak is any more or less than that.

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BigCimmerian said:

That's one of the most incorrect lists I've seen in a good while.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Prince CortSether: That'd be because some people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, never read a comic about any of the characters involved in a battle and go by the out of context/made up things others sometimes post.

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By demifiend
@Prince CortSether said:
@BigCimmerian said:

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lance Bastro
@demifiend said:
@Prince CortSether said:
@BigCimmerian said:

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By monarch2016

mephisto beats cyttorak easy

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShenLong

What book is that from? About Chthon?

Also, completely wrong Cyttorak>Zom>Shuma Gorath>Chthon>Surtur>Dormammu>Blackheart>Mephisto>Pluto

Here's my opinion: Surtur, Pluto, Shuma-Gorath, Chthon, Mephisto, Blackheart, Cyttorak, Zom, Dormammu. In that order. The Norse and Greek pantheons always have magical OP power, Shuma can tie with Vishanti, Mephisto fought Galactus for a while and also his daughter beat Cyttorak's bands, Cyttorak's bands can hold Zom, Zom rapes Dormammu...................pretty accurate?

Sise-Neg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sise-Neg

Shuma-Gorath > Chthon > Dormammu > Zom > Surtur > Mephisto > Cyttorak > Pluto > Blackheart

Oshtur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Oshtur

Cyttorak > Shuma-Gorath > Dormammu > Chthon > Zom > Mephisto > Surtur > Pluto > Blackheart

Sise-Neg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sise-Neg
@Oshtur said:
Cyttorak > Shuma-Gorath > Dormammu > Chthon > Zom > Mephisto > Surtur > Pluto > Blackheart
Ye..no.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Oshtur said:

No way that Dormammu is more powerful than Chthon or Zom.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Prince CortSether said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Why? what would you change?

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tron_bonne

Cyttorak > Zom > Shuma > Dormammu > Chthon > Mephisto > Blackheart > Surtur > Blackheart > Pluto

Cort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cort
@tron_bonne said:
Cyttorak > Zom > Shuma > Dormammu > Chthon > Mephisto > Blackheart > Surtur > Blackheart > Pluto
lolwut?
TitsteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TitsteR

Zom > Surtur > Dormammu > Pluto > Mephisto > Blackheart > Shuma-Gorath > Cyttorak > Chthon

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By daak1212

@Shuma-Gorath said:

I think Fridays should be Dress Up Day.

:) Are you and Cyttorak going to get into a fight again?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bigcimmerian

LOL I like how everyone has made different ranking.

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BigCimmerian: most were just trolling. Look at the avatars of most who made the rankings, they were alts.

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShenLong said:

What book is that from? About Chthon?

Also, completely wrong Cyttorak>Zom>Shuma Gorath>Chthon>Surtur>Dormammu>Blackheart>Mephisto>Pluto

the scan was from Marvel Tarots.. that book along with Mystic Arcana is the best book to read with regards to the world of magic in the Marvel Universe.. i would also highly recommend Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica and Marvel Zombies: The Book of Angels, Demons & Various Monstrosities if you want to learn more with the world of magic in the Marvel..

Here's my opinion: Surtur, Pluto, Shuma-Gorath, Chthon, Mephisto, Blackheart, Cyttorak, Zom, Dormammu. In that order. The Norse and Greek pantheons always have magical OP power,

sad to say but neither Surtur nor Pluto can hold a candle against demons of the highest order such as Shuma-Gorath and Chthon.. an avatar of Chthon easily banished the entire Asgard in a void dimension.. Gaea, the Mother Goddess to all of Earth's pantheons is relatively weaker than his brother Chthon to think that Gaea is the source of what the gods can do and have done..

in my opinion, the correct order is..

Shuma-Gorath>/=?Chthon>Slorioth>/=?Set>Zom>Cyttorak>Doramammu>/=?Surtur>Mephisto>/=?Blackheart>/=?Pluto

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShenLong

Shuma is definitely > Cyttorak: Shuma > Agamotto > entire Octessence and Dormammu combined.

ShenLong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShenLong

Zom is the absolute A-Hole of comic book logic. He was binded by Cyttorak, but when he needed to be defeated LT needed to punk him. ZOM IS THE ABSOLUTE TROLL. He is Ulik's father.

Avatar image for punishcapitalism
PunishCapitalism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PunishCapitalism

The reason why we can't believe that Cyttorak is above Shuma is because we need to see it with our own eyes. He is too mysterious a character to judge.