#1 Edited by XiiX (8015 posts) - - Show Bio

Mephisto

Dormammu

Neron

and

Mordru

VS

Galactus

Can these four Lords of Hell/Chaos take out Galactus?

-Fight is in space.

-Galactus is bloodlusted.

#2 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

Um yea. In fact they can take on a million of them by capturing Eternity like both Mephisto and Dormammu did and killing him.

#3 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

P.S: Galactus lives in Eternity so if Eternity goes, so does Galactus.

#4 Posted by XiiX (8015 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grand Ninja: Only direct confrontation between the 5 contestants(no outside characters involved).

#5 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins both rounds

#6 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

The team should win this.

#7 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

@Grand Ninja: Only direct confrontation between the 5 contestants(no outside characters involved).

Mephisto can hold his own against a moderately powered Galactus, and Dormammu is more powerful than Mephisto and the Elder Gods. If Galactus is 100% powered, he might physically destroy Dormammu's body, but Dormammu will likely manifest a new body the next second the old one vanishes. If that happens, Galactus would need to find some planets to eat or else he looses badly.

That's the con about Galactus. He can weaken regardless if he's at full power or not.

Dormammu and Mephisto can't be weaken...... Their powers are constant. They'll always be at 100% while Galactus can start at 100% and then gradually drop to 90%, 80%, 70% 60% etc. etc....

#8 Posted by XiiX (8015 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grand Ninja: For the sake of this match, assume his power-levels are consistent throughout the duration of the bout.

#9 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: He will still lose because unlike Galactus, Dormammu is a non physical entity. He can manifest a physically illusion of himself, but his body isn't made out of atoms and molecules.... Galactus can only use his power to effect reality of the 4 major fundamentals of the universe. His powers are COSMIC.... Not magic.

#10 Posted by Pwok21 (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu and Mephisto kill Big G whilst Neron and Mordru have a Coke and some Popcorn.

#11 Edited by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

If Mordu is using a principality just like Strange uses the Vishanti, even he could beat Galactus. He could enshield himself with the Shield of the Seraphim and there would be no way Galactus could break it, unless he knows a magic to counter it.... But Galactus doesn't know magic like Eternity and Living Tribunal does.

#12 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason why Eternity is so powerful is not because his personal power of the Power Cosmic.... He is in fact known to be one of the most powerful magic users in the Marvel Universe and Living Tribunal even surpasses Eternity in magic.

#13 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

People really overestimate Galactus.

#14 Posted by fondofpacman (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grand Ninja: Dormammu actually does have a material body. He was a Faltine, a powerful being of pure energy, and he and Umar had an unusual obsession with power and physical matter; other Faltines regard matter as unclean and thus thought the two of them to be insane. Eventually Dormammu and Umar killed and absorbed their father, Sinifer, and were banished from the Faltine's dimension...this is why you won't see Dormammu invoke the power of the "Flames of the Faltine" like Dr. Strange can, the other Faltines won't lend them their powers. After being banished, Dormammu and Umar eventually absorbed matter and gained physical bodies, then they found the Dark Dimension.

#15 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

@Grand Ninja: Dormammu actually does have a material body. He was a Faltine, a powerful being of pure energy, and he and Umar had an unusual obsession with power and physical matter; other Faltines regard matter as unclean and thus thought the two of them to be insane. Eventually Dormammu and Umar killed and absorbed their father, Sinifer, and were banished from the Faltine's dimension...this is why you won't see Dormammu invoke the power of the "Flames of the Faltine" like Dr. Strange can, the other Faltines won't lend them their powers. After being banished, Dormammu and Umar eventually absorbed matter and gained physical bodies, then they found the Dark Dimension.

Actually, they're not made out of pure energy by physics. They (as the Faltine) are made out of non physical mystic energy of their dimension whatever that energy is. But as I said earlier, that physical body that they borrowed from the fundamentals of physics that they use to manifest to interact with the physical plane is manifested by their will and that being of their will despite that physical representation of themselves are destroyed can will back another physical body. Galactus is different, he's by nature of the cosmic, pure physical energy. Galactus is natural to the physical plane of existence (in Eternity's realm) while Dormammu and other outside deities like Agamotto, Hoggoth, Cyttorak, Shuma, Zom are not....

This is why Galactus presence roaming about inside Eternity's realm is not considered hostile and when entities from another reality outside of Eternity's realm enter, they are considered to be choatic to the natural balance of the (Eternity) universe.

#16 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

"This is why Galactus presence roaming about inside Eternity's realm is not considered hostile and when entities from another reality outside of Eternity's realm enter, they are considered to be choatic to the natural balance of the (Eternity) universe."

---Because none in Eternity (including Eternity itself) doesn't know what kind of energy it is...... Thus --- Magic....

#17 Posted by fondofpacman (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grand Ninja: Regardless of the type of energy that encompass faltines, my use of the word "pure" was meant to describe how they are nothing more than energy. And IMO, Dormammu is not Dormammu without the matter that encompass his physical body, that's what makes makes him physically different from other faltines. When he battled Dr. Strange in a physical fight with the other gods and principalities watching, that was a fight with his physical body, which represents how matter, in addition to his original faltine energy, is part of what and who he is.

But yes, I agree with you that he'd survive even if his physical body were destroyed, although I'm not sure if he could easily will the matter of his body back in place afterward.

#18 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grand Ninja said:

Um yea. In fact they can take on a million of them by capturing Eternity like both Mephisto and Dormammu did and killing him.

Neither Memphisto nor Dormammu has what it takes to kill Eternity though, but yeah Galactus they will punk him together.

#19 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Grand Ninja said:

Neither Memphisto nor Dormammu has what it takes to kill Eternity though, but yeah Galactus they will punk him together.

Mephisto did capture Eternity and threatened to destroy him if Beyonder lost against Juggernaut. And Dormammu actually did destroy one of the Eternitys.

#20 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grand Ninja said:

@Killemall said:

@Grand Ninja said:

Mephisto did capture Eternity and threatened to destroy him if Beyonder lost against Juggernaut. And Dormammu actually did destroy one of the Eternitys.

For the less known fact, Juggernaut did face Beyonder. Mephisto hired him with 200 other villians to fight against Beyonder. Thing was the only odd ball of the group since he wasn't a villian and Mephisto gave Thing additional strength and durability to help Juggernaut, but in the end Thing turned around the defeated the other 200 villians for Beyonder and Mephisto claiming that despite that, Juggernaut was the only candidate that champions over all (Including upgraded Thing) because of the power of Cyttorak. If I can find scans, I'll post them as soon as I can.

#21 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW I don't know if it's a matter of overestimating him, so much as his showings are all over the place.

#22 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grand Ninja said:

Memphisto captured Eternity, that much is true and its from Secret Wars 2 but threatening to kill someone doesnt automatically mean that he could kill Eternity on his own accord.

Beyonder never even fought Juggernaut, an amped up version of Thing did while Beyonder was in a beach being a douche.

Dormammu has killed eternity once and that was with Umar, however, i have see people use an out of context scan to show Dormammu killed eternity, where Dormammu destroys his body in order to kill eternity and all he manages to do was destroy himself while nothing was stated to happen to eternity.

@Grand Ninja said:

For the less known fact, Juggernaut did face Beyonder. Mephisto hired him with 200 other villians to fight against Beyonder. Thing was the only odd ball of the group since he wasn't a villian and Mephisto gave Thing additional strength and durability to help Juggernaut, but in the end Thing turned around the defeated the other 200 villians for Beyonder and Mephisto claiming that despite that, Juggernaut was the only candidate that champions over all (Including upgraded Thing) because of the power of Cyttorak. If I can find scans, I'll post them as soon as I can.

I have read secret wars 2 and i know of this instance and it was thing who was sent alone to fight Beyonder with the upgraded powers. It was only after the upgraded thing didnt do jack they sent the rest of the power house which thing ended up fighting himself. Beyonder was all the while on the beach.

#23 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Grand Ninja said:

Memphisto captured Eternity, that much is true and its from Secret Wars 2 but threatening to kill someone doesnt automatically mean that he could kill Eternity on his own accord.

Beyonder never even fought Juggernaut, an amped up version of Thing did while Beyonder was in a beach being a douche.

Dormammu has killed eternity once and that was with Umar, however, i have see people use an out of context scan to show Dormammu killed eternity, where Dormammu destroys his body in order to kill eternity and all he manages to do was destroy himself while nothing was stated to happen to eternity.

@Grand Ninja said:

I have read secret wars 2 and i know of this instance and it was thing who was sent alone to fight Beyonder with the upgraded powers. It was only after the upgraded thing didnt do jack they sent the rest of the power house which thing ended up fighting himself. Beyonder was all the while on the beach.

The Juggernaut was the one that was face to face with Beyonder. If he so much as touched him Eternity would have died. If you remember, Mephisto captured Eternity and placed him into this machine so that if Beyonder looses, so does Eternity and Mephisto gets to collect all the souls. Juggernaut was the 1st person he had in mind to face the Beyonder because of quote, "He is the Champion due to his invulnerability". The others were used to distract Beyonder until Thing intervened. But the fact of the matter is that while Juggernaut was faced to face with Beyonder the magical machine that was holding Eternity was overloading due to the two forces (Cyttorak + Beyonder). Mephisto knew what he was doing. He chose Juggernaut because he recognizes the power of Cyttorak, but didn't want to worship him so he hired Juggernaut.

#24 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are giving Galactus too much credit.

#25 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor said:

You guys are giving Galactus too much credit.

exactly

#26 Posted by logy5000 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

Team effortlessly.

#27 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

team one most likely wins.

#28 Posted by GhostRider2 (3279 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is up there but against this team he can't win.

#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu can solo.

Mephisto in his Realm already overpowered Galactus. Galactus had to survive Mephisto's Realm via Plot device.

Mordu is a non factor.

Neron.... who is Neron again?

Anyway Glactus gets curb stomp.

#30 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone doesn't like Galactus. *cough* OP