Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell:

Okay, here is your position: Storm can be hurt by lightning if taken by surprise as Uncanny 150 states as her system needs to compensate for the sudden energy surge. Accepting this as non-PIS, here is the the problem I have with the scenerio presented in Uncanny 150: she should not have been able to be caught unaware in that situation. You have correctly and intelligently proven that Storm can turn all off that awareness...at least to a degree. My problem with that comes from Uncanny 185 where Storm was barely conscious and just finally recoving from Rogue's touch yet was able to feel the lightning strike. If she could feel it in that state, then she should have been able to sense it here. Hmmm...maybe she COULD sense the lightning before it struck in Uncanny 150 (afterall, there was a storm blowing around the island as a result of her playing with the pressure systems, so she would be feeling it). She seems to be able to feel lightning strikes at all times given Uncanny 185. However, maybe believing Magneto already to be beaten, she had begun ignoring enough stuff(as you brought up she can block things out going on around her) that she could not feel Magneto warping the EM fields above her head and that magetic charge that he created above her attracted a bolt from the sky catching her by surprise as she did not sense the charge above her that would draw a bolt over to her. This is the only explanation that would work for Uncanny 150 given the explanation of how she can make herself invulnerable to lightning.

Thank you for acknowledging that, Stormcell. Seeing this, I do I think you can be quite reasonable if someone actually sat down and engage with you into a reasonable debate(though you are a very powerful debater, many shy away from you). I know we have built up alot of evidence involving her lightning immunity and the Magneto battles(we both use to argue together against this so much back in the Storm vs Magneto thread); but I have since gone back over the old issues and come up with explanations to some of the events that have taken place, and figured out key things that have helped me interpret her powers better. Plus I have been into alot of debates with several other knowledgeable fans like you, who have other great understandings about her powers as well.

I enjoyed bringing my new found knowledge to your attention. You can do with it as you please, I just hope I put a few issues to rest that have been plaguing the Storm community for so long.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352  Edited By Stormcell

@Storm Calling:

I am still not in agreement with you though about Uncanny 104 and the Juggernaut instance. I believe her immunity to the lightning was simply left out of these stories. I am going to have to think a bit about Uncanny 150. Also, there is one thing you state that I completely disagree with. Storm immunity is not dependent on her control. They are seperate. Nothing in canon states what you state. I think what would be more effective for you to say is Storm's immunity to the elements (with the exception of temperature variation and climate) AS WELL AS HER CONTROL are both dependant on her bond with the life force around her and the strength of her will and body. Hence, severe injury would impact both her control and her ability to make herself invulnerable to other weather forces. However, she is at all times immune to climate and temperature variation. I am not saying that I agree with this, but just telling you that this would sound more effective for what you are trying to state.

All of that said, the whole debate is now moot. lol. I am going to tell you why. As of that X-Treme X-Men issue that developed Storm's powers to where she can see what people are doing before they act by observing the electrical impulses in their nervous systems, had her powers been developed this far when she battled Magneto in Uncanny 150, she would have been able to see him accessing his powers by observing his nervous system and would have know to be on guard IF that were the case of Uncanny 150 and she was not PIS'd.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By Storm Calling

@Stormcell: I agree to disagree, I don't think her control is the only part of her immunity though. I very much think that her body alone is highly resistant to the weather, as I have seen her take a giant fireball by surprise, fried mercilessly by lightning in continuous form without a burn to be had on her body, and survive unaided in space without totally dying. It hurt her but, that was about all it did. I think without control she is highly resistant at best, but I believe her fine tune control is what allows her to be completely immune.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#354  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Roddy010 said:

Well Dude I just told you I'm not a Meggan expert...I'm only going by what I was told...If she can adapt to multiple environments, I see no reason to why she won't be able to some of Storm's attacks...If you want feats ask someone else or go to a respect thread instead bombarding me with question you and I both know I can't answer...There are plenty of users on here that have posted as to why she wins...And you target me -_- Vance just step off and leave me the eff alone....

I don't care what you just told me. You took a position when you said you think Meggan would win. You're still holding on to the idea that she would win against Storm based on her powers, yet you're dodging a debate. I'm not a Storm expert but I am capable of making a case for her, so how was I supposed to know that you saying that, meant you didn't want to debate; especially when you insisted on taking the position of "I see no reason why Meggan can't adapt to Storm". I'm not targeting you, if you don't want anyone responding to what you say..then DON'T POST. Don't take a position and then get pissy when I pull your card. That absolutely defeats the purpose of posting in battle forums. You could have gracefully bowed out without throwing a tantrum.
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#355  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Stormcell: @Storm Calling: you guys are awesome!

You're both great debaters. Well, aside from knowledge, you don't attack each other personally and you both still continue to be calm even if you don't agree with each other.

Avatar image for bansheesonicscream
bansheesonicscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want to enter in this fan battle

meggan can adapt to any weather or something like that,but storm can do amazing things too

but meggan wins

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By Roddy010

@Vance Astro said:

@Roddy010 said:

Well Dude I just told you I'm not a Meggan expert...I'm only going by what I was told...If she can adapt to multiple environments, I see no reason to why she won't be able to some of Storm's attacks...If you want feats ask someone else or go to a respect thread instead bombarding me with question you and I both know I can't answer...There are plenty of users on here that have posted as to why she wins...And you target me -_- Vance just step off and leave me the eff alone....

I don't care what you just told me. You took a position when you said you think Meggan would win. You're still holding on to the idea that she would win against Storm based on her powers, yet you're dodging a debate. I'm not a Storm expert but I am capable of making a case for her, so how was I supposed to know that you saying that, meant you didn't want to debate; especially when you insisted on taking the position of "I see no reason why Meggan can't adapt to Storm". I'm not targeting you, if you don't want anyone responding to what you say..then DON'T POST. Don't take a position and then get pissy when I pull your card. That absolutely defeats the purpose of posting in battle forums. You could have gracefully bowed out without throwing a tantrum.

Nobody is throwing a tantrum...I simply told you to leave me the eff alone...This is a free forum and I can post here and everywhere else as much as I want...You're looking for a debate that I clearly told you I can't give you because of my ignorance to Meggan's feats, but you insist on keeping the debate going....Why debate with someone who has little knowledge on the character? You should know better than that Vance, as a veteran and Mod of CV...Had I known Meggan a bit more I would give you a solid debate...The reason why I gave her the win is because her power allows her to adapt to multiple types of environments...Storm manipulates environment so it's plausible for Meggan to adapt to at least some of Storm's attacks...But like I said earlier I'm on the fence about the whole thing...At that's the end of it....

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#358  Edited By Phylos

If Meggan is able to adapt to environmental changes automatically, how much does that save her against Storm's elemental forces? Adapting to colossal winds, massive blizzards, heavy rain & strikes of lightning would be taxing, even for a powerful (allegedly) shapeshifer like Meggan . If anything, distance is key here. Despite Storm's human durability, her compensation for that is her offensive/defensive capabilities through sheer power of elemental control.

Would be an interesting battle to see though.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#359  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Phylos said:

If Meggan is able to adapt to environmental changes automatically, how much does that save her against Storm's elemental forces? Adapting to colossal winds, massive blizzards, heavy rain & strikes of lightning would be taxing, even for a powerful (allegedly) shapeshifer like Meggan . If anything, distance is key here. Despite Storm's human durability, her compensation for that is her offensive/defensive capabilities through sheer power of elemental control.

See, my issue, from the start, is the fact that Meggan is able to turn into actual elements, and the fact that she transformed into Storm and used her powers (forget control, even Emma Frost used her powers recklessly during the body swap), and Meggan drawing direct power from the earth to match Galactus (Captain Britain once said she grew to match Juggernaut in size and power) without ANY empathic backlash whatsoever.......That type of attack on the environment, and to the earth, could very well harm Storm, and the extra powers could finish her. Meggan is definitely not the better elemental. But her strength feats make me question the outcome of this fight

I agree about seeing it on panel though

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Roddy010 said:

Nobody is throwing a tantrum...I simply told you to leave me the eff alone...This is a free forum and I can post here and everywhere else as much as I want...You're looking for a debate that I clearly told you I can't give you because of my ignorance to Meggan's feats, but you insist on keeping the debate going....Why debate with someone who has little knowledge on the character? You should know better than that Vance, as a veteran and Mod of CV...Had I known Meggan a bit more I would give you a solid debate...The reason why I gave her the win is because her power allows her to adapt to multiple types of environments...Storm manipulates environment so it's plausible for Meggan to adapt to at least some of Storm's attacks...But like I said earlier I'm on the fence about the whole thing...At that's the end of it....

That reads like a tantrum to me. You're getting mad because I asked you something concerning the position YOU took on this thread. This is a free forum and you can post if you want but don't take a position if you can't back it up. It's really that simple.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By Roddy010

@Vance Astro said:

@Roddy010 said:

That reads like a tantrum to me. You're getting mad because I asked you something concerning the position YOU took on this thread. This is a free forum and you can post if you want but don't take a position if you can't back it up. It's really that simple.

I stated my opinion...I think Meggan wins due to her adapting powers that others have shown me...You tried to engage in a debate that I didn't want to have with you...And yet you kept antagonizing me with bombarding questions that you knew I couldn't answer...Quit being such a debate shark...I can state my opinion as much as I want thanks to freedom of the press...If you disagree with me that's fine...educate me, don't antagonize me...It's that simple...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Roddy010 said:

I stated my opinion...I think Meggan wins due to her adapting powers that others have shown me...You tried to engage in a debate that I didn't want to have with you...And yet you kept antagonizing me with bombarding questions that you knew I couldn't answer...Quit being such a debate shark...I can state my opinion as much as I want thanks to freedom of the press...If you disagree with me that's fine...educate me, don't antagonize me...It's that simple...

I'm not antagonizing you by asking for proof that backs up your position. I wasn't trying to engage in a debate. Those questions were to pick your brain and see what all you know about Meggan. I can't educate you because I don't know that much about Meggan, but everyone seems to think she's this high tier character and I have yet to be exposed to any feats that would suggest that. I'm not taking away your freedom to post, but you're not going to tell me how to respond to you either. I wasn't aggressive, I wasn't rude, I simply asked you questions. If you can't answer them..you should have just said that instead of getting mad.
Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By Stormcell

@White Mage said:

@Phylos said:

See, my issue, from the start, is the fact that Meggan is able to turn into actual elements, and the fact that she transformed into Storm and used her powers (forget control, even Emma Frost used her powers recklessly during the body swap), and Meggan drawing direct power from the earth to match Galactus (Captain Britain once said she grew to match Juggernaut in size and power) without ANY empathic backlash whatsoever.......That type of attack on the environment, and to the earth, could very well harm Storm, and the extra powers could finish her. Meggan is definitely not the better elemental. But her strength feats make me question the outcome of this fight

If Meggan draws on energy from the Earth and harms the environment, that would make Storm bloodlusted. The reason Storm was so determined in that Terminus story is because he was a threat to the Earth. She felt what he was doing and it pissed her off. Meggan has always been able to draw energy from the Earth and it has never created a problem for Storm. Storm can draw energy from the Earth as well. There is no proof that Meggan can affect Storm by drawing power from the Earth. If you want to make your argument about Meggan hurting Storm that way, one could argue the reverse where Storm drawing power from the Earth hurts Meggan. There is no proof either way. Going by what we have seen though, Storm's extreme elemental powers gives her the definite advantage in this fight. If Meggan cannot get close enough to physically engage Storm to use her superstrength and shapeshifting abilities against Ororo, I don't see how Meggan can win this. Storm has more than enough power to keep Meggan at bay and to batter her senseless with her elemental onslaughts until Meggan passes out. Meggan becoming a giant is no help either since Storm can generate winds with enough power to lift skyscrapers, blow a Mastermold-sized Nimrod out to sea, destroy sentinels, put an enormous strain on Magneto's powers, redirect the full power of Sienna Blaze, knock Terminus (who was larger than I have ever seen Meggan grow to) on his backside with enough force to collapse a mountainside, winds strong enough to punch objects through mountains, etc. That's just her wind powers alone right there and they are too much for Meggan to deal with. I don't think this would be a hard fight for Storm at all without PISing her.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

You guys are making Storm sound like a God Tier or Herald level character. She is not.

I don't care what her abilities are, she has absolutely no superhuman durability whatsoever. That means if she gets tagged once, just once by Meggan she is going to get knocked out or die.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Stormcell said:

@White Mage said:

@Phylos said:

If Meggan draws on energy from the Earth and harms the environment, that would make Storm bloodlusted. The reason Storm was so determined in that Terminus story is because he was a threat to the Earth. She felt what he was doing and it pissed her off. Meggan has always been able to draw energy from the Earth and it has never created a problem for Storm. Storm can draw energy from the Earth as well. There is no proof that Meggan can affect Storm by drawing power from the Earth. If you want to make your argument about Meggan hurting Storm that way, one could argue the reverse where Storm drawing power from the Earth hurts Meggan. There is no proof either way. Going by what we have seen though, Storm's extreme elemental powers gives her the definite advantage in this fight. If Meggan cannot get close enough to physically engage Storm to use her superstrength and shapeshifting abilities against Ororo, I don't see how Meggan can win this. Storm has more than enough power to keep Meggan at bay and to batter her senseless with her elemental onslaughts until Meggan passes out. Meggan becoming a giant is no help either since Storm can generate winds with enough power to life skyscrapers, blow a Mastermold-sized Nimrod out to sea, destroy sentinels, put an enormous strain on Magneto's powers, redirect the full power of Sienna Blaze, knock Terminus (who was larger than I have ever seen Meggan grow to) about with enough force to collapse a mountainside, winds strong enough to punch objects through mountains, etc. That's just her wind powers alone right there that are too much for Meggan to deal with. I don't think this would be a hard fight for Storm at all without PISing her.

...............................................I would like to repeat that I did not disagree with everything that you said. I say this because, I WAS able to get a hold of some of Meggan's feats/explanations, and her energy output is almost laughable in comparison to Storm's....

The earth draining feat does concern me still............but this is not a stomp..........at all

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Man_of_Miracles said:

You guys are making Storm sound like a God Tier or Herald level character. She is not.

I don't care what her abilities are, she has absolutely no superhuman durability whatsoever. That means if she gets tagged once, just once by Meggan she is going to get knocked out or die.

As I mentioned before, I was able to get a hold of Meggan's feats/victories.......but I was also able to get a hold of her DEFEATS as well........That woman has been blown out of proportion, and defeated, and she has NOTHING on Storm elementally...........I maintain that she has a possible edge, but I've seen her powers at work......

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By Stormcell

@Man_of_Miracles said:

How is Meggan going to get up close to Storm through Storm's winds?

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Stormcell: @White Mage: Look I don't even care about Meggan

The point is that at every turn, you guys have taken all of Storms top level feats to show how strong she is, continually discredited anything that beats her or makes her look weak.

You also have completely ignored the fact that Storm can literally not get hit once or she loses this fight, or pretty much any other. Also I don't know when she picked up any skyscrapers with her wind abilities, but Meggan flies people, if she can fly faster than Storm's wind or block some of it while she flies at her, she will be able to get to her.

Also Meggan fires energy blast, what is Storm going to do? blow those out of the way? eventually she is going to get hit by one and that will end the fight.

And before you say, "Oh Storm will just KO her before she can hit her with a energy blast", 1. When has she ever instantly KOed someone in character and 2. Meggan can use her control of the elements to keep Storm from KOing her long enough to hit her with an energy blast.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By Stormcell

@Man_of_Miracles:

1) Storm lifted the building during her fight with Human Torch in Contest of Champions 2.

2) I have stated numerous times that Meggan would win if she got up close to Storm to use her superhuman strength and/shapeshifting abilities against Ororo.

3) Meggan cannot fly faster than Storm's winds. For Storm to be able to pull the wind feats I listed, this means that her winds are far stronger than any real life hurricane or tornado. Storm has also flown from Australia to the Savage Land located in Antarctica in a matter of minutes in the Terminus issue. Rogue, who flies at supersonic speeds, was unable to catch Storm at the rate Storm was flying. She was also able to fly from New Orleans to New York in a matter of minutes during "Schism". Rather than trying to pin down exactly how fast can create her winds, I just look at her feats. Meggan is not going to be able to resist the kind of force Storm can generate with her winds. Not only will it be impossible for Meggan to make any headway against it, those winds are going to batter her senseless and toss her around like a ragdoll.

4) Meggan does not have the elemental feats to even begin to compete with Storm's vast elemental powers.

5) In regards to Meggan's energy blasts, Storm has been able to deflect/redirect powerful telekinetics like Candra, redirect Sienna Blaze's full power, shield off and Cyclop's optic blasts. There is no way Meggan is going to overcome Storm's defenses. Also, if Storm is using her winds, Meggan would be too off balance and thrashed around too much to be able to take aim to fire a blast at Storm to begin with.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Stormcell:

I am not going to continue to argue, because I can see from all of your posts on this thread that my efforts would be for not.

However I leave you with this, powerful though Storm may be, you are lifting her up to places she does not belong.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Stormcell: @White Mage: Look I don't even care about Meggan

The point is that at every turn, you guys have taken all of Storms top level feats to show how strong she is, continually discredited anything that beats her or makes her look weak.

You also have completely ignored the fact that Storm can literally not get hit once or she loses this fight, or pretty much any other. Also I don't know when she picked up any skyscrapers with her wind abilities, but Meggan flies people, if she can fly faster than Storm's wind or block some of it while she flies at her, she will be able to get to her.

Also Meggan fires energy blast, what is Storm going to do? blow those out of the way? eventually she is going to get hit by one and that will end the fight.

And before you say, "Oh Storm will just KO her before she can hit her with a energy blast", 1. When has she ever instantly KOed someone in character and 2. Meggan can use her control of the elements to keep Storm from KOing her long enough to hit her with an energy blast.

1. Don't say "you guys" when it's only been one person.

2. Meggan has never done anything worthwhile with her wind control. Storm has thrown Hulks, picked up entire buildings, crushed skrull warships, and driven through mountains. Meagan does NOT have her beat in any kind of wind department

3. Storm has countered energy blasts before with her OWN powers (winds, lightning), so that's what she can do in this scenario.

4. She's instantly ko'd SEVERAL PEOPLE in character....let's not confuse her KO'ing people, with her not killing people....and this isn't in character, it's a fight to the death, which makes this even worse

5. See point 3

The only hope that Meggan has is that she shapeshifts into someone Storm can't truly affect.......I'm not even going to be able to entertain the thought of Meggan being on Storm's level of elemental control, because, again, I've seen the scans for myself, and she is NOT generally a huge threat while on earth.....................and I still believe that Storm could lose this.....it's just become a little more unlikely that she will

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

definitely Meggan. But It would be an epic battle!!!

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosh still is like the oldest thread here but anyways Storm wins (my opinion) just because you mimic powers does not mean you are capable on being on par with them example Rogue she can't do the things Storm can do when she absorb Storm powers . Storm powers work right when she has true willpower if not the elements can hurt her. Example not all of Scarlett Witch hexes work sometime because of her exhaustion of something else they can backfire. Storm is very smart not to get in hand to hand combat with a 50 tonner, but she does have skills to back her up. Storm has resisted powerful telepaths due to the electricity in her brain and pure willpower. I have seen a scan of her resisting an empathic attack I forgot who showed it but it was on here. This could go 50/50 for either Storm has greats feats same for Meggan. Some of yall are underrating Meggan tho. I see Meggan turning into a huge heavy tonner to knock Storm out. If she can keep us with Storm wind's.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By kasya

Storm is a much powerful Energy manipulator but Meggan is pretty powerful in that apartment. Im thinking stalemate.

Also h2h combat Storm is a beast. If Meggan tries to changes to a strong character Storm's wind pressure are enough to put her down.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meggan has the potential to win

if she go smart i think she can win