Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is MCU Nobu vs the CW Arrow versions of Arsenal/Roy Harper and Speedy/Thea Queen. This is strictly a melee fight (no arrows for the archers).

Nobu is equipped with his ninja outfit and his chain weapon. Roy is equipped with his red costume, his bow to use as a melee weapon, and his batons. Thea is equipped with a clone of the red outfit and her bow to use as a melee weapon. Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse and they start 15 yards apart. Win via death or KO.

Who wins and why?

Beta-56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team in a good fight.

ob1ed209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is thea bloodlusted?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team curbstomps. Either one-on-one would be closer.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Team

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

T1793456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely team.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By katanalauncher

I don't see them beating Nobu without arrows, Nobu have huge range advantage with his weapon, on top of being a much better fighter with superior speed and agility. Bows are also terrible as a melee weapon, you can't apply much force to it and can break very easily.

This is like a grown man with a sword vs two teenagers with steak knifes.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see them beating Nobu without arrows, Nobu have huge range advantage with his weapon, on top of being a much better fighter with superior speed and agility. Bows are also terrible as a melee weapon, you can't apply much force to it and can break very easily.

Nobu has a long range advantage, the archers have a close range advantage. If either of them get in close, Nobu's weapon is effectively nullified, and bows are obviously fantastic melee weapons in Arrow. Half of the top tier fighters use them exclusively.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher said:

Nobu has a long range advantage, the archers have a close range advantage. If either of them get in close, Nobu's weapon is effectively nullified, and bows are obviously fantastic melee weapons in Arrow. Half of the top tier fighters use them exclusively.

Nobu's weapon is not nullified when up close, have can still use his weapon effectively as a blade, he just doesn't have a ridiculous advantage anymore.

Bows in arrow as melee weapon never look convincing, it doesn't really bend in anyway and looks as if it have no force against the blow. A blade is still better than a bow in close range. Also Nobu can keep his distance with his weapon, and will slice either of them up if they try to get close.

They can get close if one of them sacrifice themselves to lock down Nobu's weapon by letting Nobu wrap them up, but the other one is just gonna get beaten by Nobu in h2h.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:
@katanalauncher said:

Nobu's weapon is not nullified when up close, have can still use his weapon effectively as a blade, he just doesn't have a ridiculous advantage anymore.

Bows in arrow as melee weapon never look convincing, it doesn't really bend in anyway and looks as if it have no force against the blow. A blade is still better than a bow in close range. Also Nobu can keep his distance with his weapon, and will slice either of them up if they try to get close.

They can get close if one of them sacrifice themselves to lock down Nobu's weapon by letting Nobu wrap them up, but the other one is just gonna get beaten by Nobu in h2h.

Was Nobu's weapon not just a blade attached to the end of a chain? If the blade has no handle then it is effectively useless at close range. Nobu will have very little grip to work with. This is just a fact. Range is his game, up close is his loss, and since Roy and Thea are arguably the two most agile fighters in the whole series, this simply puts Nobu at an extreme disadvantage.

It doesn't really matter how you think the bows look in mlelee. No offense but "it looks bad to me so they can't win" is a terrible argument.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@nickzambuto:

Was Nobu's weapon not just a blade attached to the end of a chain? If the blade has no handle then it is effectively useless at close range.

Nobu uses a Shoge hook, not only is there a handle, but you can also detatch the chain from the blade if you want to use it up close.

Loading Video...

Also in this video at 2:58 mark Nobu uses as weapon in close range and still overpower Matt's baton, which is a superior weapon than bows.

up close is his loss, and since Roy and Thea are arguably the two most agile fighters in the whole series, this simply puts Nobu at an extreme disadvantage.

Roy I can see, but what does Thea have that makes her that agile? Neither of them can stand a chance against Nobu up close, and with superior weapon Nobu can beat them both in close range as well, even though it won't be easy.

It doesn't really matter how you think the bows look in mlelee. No offense but "it looks bad to me so they can't win" is a terrible argument.

I don't remember a point in the show where the bow ever contribute to landing a blow that a fighter couldn't otherwise do just with their body, the reason that bow is used so much in melee is because team arrow have to carry the bow and they can't fire arrows for budgetsome reason. Basically when you can't fire the bow it's pretty much a dead weight, the only advantage is range and you lose mobility and force, just not a good trade off.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Team in a good fight. Roy's agility and Thea's ruthlessness are a good combo here.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: How is this a curbstomp when Nobu would take either one of them by themselves without too much trouble?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uugieboogie

Team in a TOUGH fight. An argument can made for Nobu pulling off a win or two.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say team takes it , ever since felicity upgraded those bows , they have good striking power , roy has shown the ability to beat oliver who would beat nobu , and his agility would overwhelm nobu also

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher: Ah so it seems. Okay you got me there. Nobu is equally capable up close as he is at range. Still, I just don't see him as being more skilled than any noteworthy Arrow fighter. The Daredevil show was very grounded in reality, and not to underestimate Nobu since he's the only fighter thus far to be portrayed as real comic book street level peak human, but the fact is he just doesn't have the screentime to say he's on this level. Not when Arrow has metahumans and ninjas popping from the seams of every episode. Roy has outfought Mirakuru users, League ninjas, while the only person Nobu fought was Matt. And did Matt ever really do anything that a League member couldn't, at least in terms of skill? Arrow is just more over the top. Roy can instantly knock a man out cold with a single pressure point strike to the neck, and Thea literally dodged trained assassins in her sleep. They can both hold their own with the top tiers like Oliver, Slade, Captain Boomerang, and Nyssa, at least more so than Nobu would.

Your opinion on bows doesn't really matter since in the show, the fighters use a melee fighting style that utilizes their bows very effectively.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: How is this a curbstomp when Nobu would take either one of them by themselves without too much trouble?

Well that's because he wouldn't.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher: Ah so it seems. Okay you got me there. Nobu is equally capable up close as he is at range. Still, I just don't see him as being more skilled than any noteworthy Arrow fighter. The Daredevil show was very grounded in reality, and not to underestimate Nobu since he's the only fighter thus far to be portrayed as real comic book street level peak human, but the fact is he just doesn't have the screentime to say he's on this level.

Your opinion on bows doesn't really matter since in the show, the fighters use a melee fighting style that utilizes their bows very effectively.

Top tier arrow fighters have better physicals than Nobu, mostly durability and strength, that doesn't mean they are anymore skilled than Nobu.

Daredevil is really not grounded in reality, when the main cast literally have a superpower, fought two ninjas with superpowers, and against a normal guy that can takes someone's head off by slamming it with a car door.

Not when Arrow has metahumans and ninjas popping from the seams of every episode.

Roy has outfought Mirakuru users, League ninjas

Arrow have never beaten a legitimate meta human, the only superhuman he has beaten are nameless Mirukuru soldiers and he had to use his gear against them, and the Mirukuru soldiers are mindless brutes.

Ninja is a worthless status, other than a whole trope surround how useless they are in combat, Arrow non name ninjas are especially more incompetent, to the point they are barely that much above street thugs.

Roy have also never outfought Mirakuru soldiers, unless he is also on Mirakuru.

while the only person Nobu fought was Matt

Who's feat is above both Roy and Thea by a wide margin.

Ra's only fought Oliver, he's still the strongest human fighter in the show.

And did Matt ever really do anything that a League member couldn't, at least in terms of skill?

Skill is hard to define purely like this.

Matt is a better bullet dodger than any normal human in arrow, as he dodges bullets in closer range and in succession even while injured.

He also had better arrow deflection feat than any arrow character, as he sprint toward the arrow after it's fired and blocked it.

But thoses are things he performed with his physicals on top of skill.

If you want to look at combat skill purely then you have to look at the fighting direction and choreography, and in that respect Daredevil is a better technical fighter than anyone on arrow.

Arrow is just more over the top. Roy can instantly knock a man out cold with a single pressure point strike to the neck, and Thea literally dodged trained assassins in her sleep..

And Nobu can somehow lower body temperature to nothing and slow his heart rate to avoid detection from someone with superhuman senses, stick trained himself and Matt to have a super senses, they are all fictional ninja mumbo jumbo.

Also what Thea did wasn't that fantastical, she was already awoke before the sword strike if you paid attention, and Malcom likely have the assassin's job from the beginning, since they are literally sacrificial lamb.

. They can both hold their own with the top tiers like Oliver, Slade, Captain Boomerang, and Nyssa, at least more so than Nobu would.

Why are Nyssa and Captain Boomerang top tier? Captain Boomerang literally have less feat than Nobu. And Slade without mirukuru probably is not top tier neither.

I also believe Nobu can beat peak Oliver, and you can debate me on that.

I think you need to proof that the bow is actually more effective than empty handed, and the reason character uses it is not only because they have to carry it at the same time.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobu has a huge skill advantage, as well as agility and speed, and a much deadlier weapon. Neither Arsenal nor Speedy have shown fighting skills or physical prowess that matches his in those ways, and their weapons wont do half as much damage as his will. Nobu wins this, but after a decent fight.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: You actually think Roy and Thea are legitimate matches for Nobu by themselves?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25 JediXMan  Moderator

@nfactor1995:

Why am I on the Arrowverse callout list? The MCU list would make sense, but I barely watch Arrow.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Redatom1234

Team. I rewatched the nobly fight in HD and on an iMac. I've seen every arrow episode till now.

Roy's agility and theas bloodlust coupled with their fighting ability and pain tolerance, I believe they should take it.

Nobu was good and everything but let's be real with ourselves, the only reason why daredevil didn't kick his ass there and then was cause he had those damn scorpion spears. And in actual fact, even daredevil should have got past that

@katanalauncher: id have to disagree that nobu could beat peak Oliver, Ollie has shown to overcome all his opponents whether through skill, gear, or thinking. His pain tolerance is pretty high and those blades may or may not be able to tag him.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Team should win a solid majority

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just have to say I can't believe anybody thinks Thea and Roy on their own could compete with Nobu

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone state the training Thea and Roy have. I only watched the first two seasons of Arrow, now on and off watching. Nobu is trained by a legendary ninja clan and for the most part of an episode man handled daredevil. if we're going off of season 2 Nobu, well he died already and was resurrected, plus I can't help but feel like he tops both of their physicals and stats. Plus much more experience.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nobu

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobu was taking on two superior combatants at once, surely he can beat these two.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By Stahlflamme

Can someone state the training Thea and Roy have. I only watched the first two seasons of Arrow, now on and off watching. Nobu is trained by a legendary ninja clan and for the most part of an episode man handled daredevil. if we're going off of season 2 Nobu, well he died already and was resurrected, plus I can't help but feel like he tops both of their physicals and stats. Plus much more experience.

Roy was trained by Olliver the same way Shado trained him and Thea was trained by Malcolm in the ways of the league, I think she now also has training from Olliver.

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobu was taking on two superior combatants at once, surely he can beat these two.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher: @nickzambuto: I've got to take Nobu over the team. He has a superior edged/range weapon that's lethal up close or at a distance. Roy and Thea are only using blunt weapons, batons/bows. Nobu will do more damage against them then they will against him and he'll win by attrition. Nobu has also been shown to be able to fight two skilled fighters at the same time, he beat Daredevil and Elektra at the same time. If you gave Thea her sword and bloodlusted her, I think you could make a good case for the team winning, but while the Bows are good at blocking strikes and even add some punching power to their strikes, Nobu is too fast, too agile, too durable for them to take down without better, more lethal weaponry. If you substituted Ollie for Roy, I'd give it to the team, but Roy hasn't really beat anyone close to Nobu's skill level. At least Thea has bested Malcolm once, but couldn't kill him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobu could win now as Thea and Roy are no longer in their prime.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team still wins pretty handily, though Nobu could definitely take either 1v1.