User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Male Silverback

No Caption Provided

MCU Captain America

No Caption Provided

Rules

• No shield or weapons for Cap
  • The Male Silverback believes Steve is a threat to it's family. It is willing to kill
  • Takes place in jungle
  • 400lb peak Silverback
  • No prep
  • Standard incapacitation

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Silverback Gorilla.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Probably Cap due to an edge in skill and intelligence, although I doubt it'd be an easy fight. If Batroc can give Cap a fight, a damn gorilla will.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve punches through submarine glass underwater without his shield. Considering he is faster, more skilled, and intelligent, I don't see why he wouldn't win.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jashro44: Gorilla's can't swim, so we don't know what it'd do. But a Gorilla is probably stronger than Steve and it bites MUCH harder. @lukehero had the video which stated a male Silverback could lift two family cars.

Animal Face Off also concluded a Gorilla 1v1 would stomp a Leopard.

Loading Video...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Where does it state that it can lift 2 cars? At 1:22 it said it could flip a family sedan but there is a huge difference between lifting and flipping something. Even so Steve is still way faster and the point is his blows are strong enough to damage the gorilla.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frozen  Moderator

@jashro44: IIRC the family car comment is on another video. An hour long video, Lukehero had the link for it.

Batroc's speed briefly gave Steve problems, a Gorilla isn't a slouch in speed.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@jashro44: IIRC the family car comment is on another video. An hour long video, Lukehero had the link for it.

Batroc's speed briefly gave Steve problems, a Gorilla isn't a slouch in speed.

That would be more of a feat for batroc and he's more skilled than a gorilla. And batroc showed some pretty impressive maneuvers. Like when Steve tossed him he countered with a triple backflip. And besides when Steve put his shield on his back he stomped batroc. I don't think a gorilla is as acrobatic or skilled as batroc is anyways.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jashro44: A Silverback Gorilla would rip MCU Batroc to shreds. Now a Gorilla isn't skilled, for obvious reasons --- but a Gorilla is an extremely fast wild animal.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@jashro44: A Silverback Gorilla would rip MCU Batroc to shreds.

That is irelevent. Batroc isn't as strong as a silver back gorilla and probably can't hurt the gorilla, but he is more skilled and agile than a gorilla would be. Point being is batroc is a different fight altogether. Steve can out maneuver the gorilla and beat it down with his strength.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Steve.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think gorilla.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By mickey-mouse

@i_like_swords: @frozen: @jashro44: I'll post the car video later. It should still be in the Tiger vs Gorllia thread. A Silverback in peak form can lift two family cars. I'll post the video and time mark it.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve probably isn't going to want to hurt an innocent animal that just wants to protect its family.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on now, Steve one shots. Why is this even a thing.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

@sachmoo said:

Movie Steve does not one-shot. He is weaker.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: Movie Steve is not one shotting. The Silverback fights and is punched by other Silverbacks all the time. He can take a punch mate. Silverbacks can punch and bust the special safety glass in Zoo's.

Although I think Steve wins here. Due to skill and his own great striking power.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@sachmoo said:

Movie Steve does not one-shot. He is weaker.

You think a lumbering silverback could withstand getting punched/kicked in the face by Steve? Ill back off my one-shot statement, but i honestly think if the gorilla isn't seriously injured from a punch in the face, it will certainly back off of Cap. I'm not sure, but i don't think Silverbacks will fight to the death. Generally once an opposition has proven his superior strength, the gorilla will back off.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@sachmoo: Movie Steve is not one shotting. The Silverback fights and is punched by other Silverbacks all the time. He can take a punch mate. Silverbacks can punch and bust the special safety glass in Zoo's.

Although I think Steve wins here. Due to skill and his own great striking power.

I'm not saying, he Kills the Silverback gorilla in one punch. But 1 good punch will subdue the gorilla, and it will back off. And generally silverbacks are only playing with each other, and are biting and wrestling each other. Not directly punching one another in the face as hard as possible.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve takes it due to speed and skill, they're pretty close in strength though

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frozen  Moderator

@sachmoo: Silverback Males will often in their lifetime fight other Silverback Males --- they don't get one shotted at all. Apes (especially Gorilla's) have much stronger bone density.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: Inncoccert Gorrllias live in large groups and like most group animals they seriously fight it out over females and to be the Alpha Male. Steve is in for a serious fight. Gorrllias have super thick skulls and extremely strong bones overall to support their weight and muscles. A gorllia is strong enough to snap a banana tree in half and break a leopard's back with one shot.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sachmoo

@frozen said:

@sachmoo: Silverback Males will often in their lifetime fight other Silverback Males --- they don't get one shotted at all. Apes (especially Gorilla's) have much stronger bone density.

I understand that. But at no point in time will a silverback gorilla plant his back foot, wind up, and throw a straight up punch into the face of the other silverback gorilla. I believe he will daze and stagger the gorilla. If not that, it will certainly feel Steves power, and with the gorilla never having been punched like that, it will back off. That is, unless there is evidence that SB Gorillas fight to the death.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@sachmoo: Inncoccert Gorrllias live in large groups and like most group animals they seriously fight it out over females and to be the Alpha Male. Steve is in for a serious fight. Gorrllias have super thick skulls and extremely strong bones overall to support their weight and muscles. A gorllia is strong enough to snap a banana tree in half and break a leopard's back with one shot.

I know. I have seen all the youtube videos you have. I know they fight, but as i said, i don't think they fight to the death. Once dominance is established, the weaker one will back off. Again, no silverback has ever been hit with a real punch. I'm fairly confident it will stagger the Gorilla and it will back off. Similar to how punching a bear in the nose actually works sometimes. Not that it Ko's the bear, but it isn't something they are used to and it subdues them.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Steve should win this. The gorilla is physically formidable and would be extremely ferocious, but Steve has tactical intelligence and honed fighting skills, plus, of course, he's physically superhuman. It wouldn't be easy, and i think if the gorilla got it's hands on him and didn't let go he'd probably be a goner, but as long as he's smart about it he can definitely win this. Steve might have to be nasty to win this, though, maybe break it's neck, strangle it, blind it, etc. He might have to perform some of those while on the back of the gorilla, so he can't be grabbed.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: Incorrect they often do fight to the death. Gorillas hit each other all the time, you really need to update your knowledge on the animal kingdom mate. The punching the Bear on the nose trick is a wives tales. Bears, and other animals tank gun fire and keep coming. Don't get your hand or armed ripped off trying that mess. Besides Gorillas are much more aggressive than some Black Bear(if that's what you mean), because Grizzly Bears, Large Brown Bears, and other predatory bears that hunt large game ain't falling for that mess.

When Gorillas fight or most aggressive animals feel their families or territory is being threatened they will fight to the death. Even

Hell sometimes animals will eat their own, like lions and gorillas eating their own children.

http://gawker.com/5801908/psycho-gorilla-dad-kills-baby-gorilla-during-family-fight

Now do Gorillas fight to the death every time, 10/10? No, but they do so often enough to prove they can tank hits from each other.

http://www.berggorilla.org/en/gorillas/general/social-life/do-gorillas-fight-frequently/

Because of their sharp canines and great strength, gorilla males are very dangerous opponents when they are in a fighting mood. Therefore, most differences of opinion are not resolved by fighting, but by displaying and other threat behaviour patterns, without anyone getting injured. Gorillas are famous for their display behaviour culminating in the chest beating and loud hooting. The chestbeat sounds especially impressive in silverback males.

Severe aggression is rare in stable gorilla groups, but when two groups meet, the leading silverbacks can sometimes engage in a fight to the death, mainly using their sharp canines to cause deep, gaping injuries.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Lifting Two Cars Feat, Explained. In Case Anyone Wanted to See It. @frozen

Loading Video...

Trust me, Steve is in for one hell of a fight here.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 frozen  Moderator

Silverbacks are so bad-ass.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve only due to skill and intellagence

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mysticmedivh

While I don't know who wins, Captain America isn't oneshotting anyone here.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Silverbacks are so bad-ass.

Yes, yes they are.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Silverback Gorillas have over 2.5 tons of brute strength and should have extremely strong bites. One nice bite and Captain is doen

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap stomps.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: That animal face-off isn't even real. No clue why you posted that or the lion one. And look at that slow mo fight in the 3rd video you posted, i'm sure they are playing, but you see what I've been saying. None of them got punched in the face. No real punches thrown, thats just not how they fight. All i am saying, is no gorilla has ever been struck in the face by what Cap is bringing to the table.

You also contradicted yourself in your own post. "Incorrect they often do fight to the death." Then quoting some article "Severe aggression is rare in stable gorilla groups, but when two groups meet, the leading silverbacks can sometimes engage in a fight to the death"

Rare and sometimes does not equal Often. It even stated that MOST differences are not solved by fighting. Your clearly incorrect with your assumption.

Aside from all that (since neither of us are Silverback gorilla experts), do you agree or disagree with my premise, It is my belief that the Silverback will be startled and staggered by a full strength punch or kick from Cap. The same kick that sent dudes FLYING in cap 2?

Sorry for the late response, my notifications aren't coming thru.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cap poop stomps. he isnt getting tagged by a lumbering ape!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo:

Neither are mine.

Not a contradiction at all, unless you are getting really nitpicky on my usage of grammar. No, I don't agree, since the average man, even with gear would be 200+ pounds, and this SB gorilla is stronger and more durable and is 400 pounds.

The video with the leopard is a professional reenactment done by Animal Planet of how the fight would go down. Unless you're about to whip out your zoology degree then there is no real way for you to refute such evidence.

At this point, we agree to disagree, I've posted my evidence and made my case.

Peace.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's brute strength, and power vs skill, H2H.

While Cap maybe be able to try and put it into a submission, I think the Gorilla can also win by overpowering him etc...

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@sachmoo:

Neither are mine.

Not a contradiction at all, unless you are getting really nitpicky on my usage of grammar. No, I don't agree, since the average man, even with gear would be 200+ pounds, and this SB gorilla is stronger and more durable and is 400 pounds.

The video with the leopard is a professional reenactment done by Animal Planet of how the fight would go down. Unless you're about to whip out your zoology degree then there is no real way for you to refute such evidence.

At this point, we agree to disagree, I've posted my evidence and made my case.

Peace.

It is indeed contradictory, and not nitpicky because it is the premise of my whole argument. You said they OFTEN fight to the death, while the evidence points the other way. My whole point is once it realizes Caps strength by being punched or kicked in the face, mixed with it not being used to dealing with such attacks, it will back off as everything you quoted suggests.

And that video is as much proof, as the Cap vs. Master chief one. It is a Guess to how a fight might go down. It even says in the video, "These beasts are to different to predict who would win". That's pretty much a sign saying, we have no clue what would happen, but watch this cool video!

Anyways, we agree Steve likely wins, just now HOW he wins i guess.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap's shield finds its way back to him and he throws it and one shots

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frozen  Moderator

Sigh

We went over this.

MCU Cap does not hold a handle to Comic Book Cap.

Cap's shield finds its way back to him and he throws it and one shots

Read the OP. No shield or weapons for Cap.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: that's why I said his shield finds his way back to him, the shield is Captain America

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 frozen  Moderator

@notatreeabush: I have no idea what you're talking about, but the shield is out.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: You're comparing a group of educated trained animal experts to a group of cosplayers making a video? For real though?

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@sachmoo: You're comparing a group of educated trained animal experts to a group of cosplayers making a video? For real though?

That educated group said, "These beasts are to different to predict who would win". And you guys are using it for facct? Yikes!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jashro44

@frozen said:
@nickzambuto said:

Sigh

We went over this.

LOL

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@sachmoo said:

@lukehero said:

That educated group said, "These beasts are to different to predict who would win". And you guys are using it for facct? Yikes!

@lukehero said:

Prior to that fight, it was actually a 45 min segment. You see snippets of it in that clip (Gorilla skull replication bite), they did various tests to determine who would win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@frozen said:
@nickzambuto said:

Sigh

We went over this.

LOL

You can't deny that MCU pulling off Comic feats would be sick to see in live action.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I think it would. I wasn't laughing at nick or frozen, I was laughing at kind of the way frozen responded. I don't know why I found that funny.

All though to be honest I think MCU cap has the potential to be on par with his comic self.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@frozen said:
@nickzambuto said:

Sigh

We went over this.

LOL

You can't deny that MCU pulling off Comic feats would be expensive to see in live action.

Fixed. :P