MCU Captain America vs Shredder(Tmnt 2014)

• 56 results
Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU Captain America vs Shredder(Tmnt 2014) (70 votes)

Captain America 34%
Shredder 64%

Shredder in his armored suit. Cap has his vibranium shield. Both fighters are bloodlusted. Battle takes place at a rooftop. Win by kill,ko or bfr. Who wins?

• 
KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder wins tbh

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KCMinato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KCMinato

@firedude17: Casually threw splinter around like a rag doll . Those retractable knifes are going to be a problem for cap . Was able to tank raph's blows and came out unscathed from the battle . He took raph out with ease . dude suppressed raph on the ground and he couldnt get up . Then he proceeded to fling the 4 turtles around easily . The turtles are not weak too . Raph had the strength to support leo and donnie with one hand . Honestly I dont see how Shredder would lose if he did not get outsmarted by april . It'll no doubt be a tough fight tho

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By slimj87d

@kcminato: what are the turtles strength feats? Are they on par with caps? Pushing a 20 ton bulldozer on grass, throwing a motorcycle? Throwing a 400 lb ultron into a concrete pylon and smashing chunks of it a part? Holding a helicopter from leaving a landing pad? Lifting a structure with 2 bullet wounds?

Do they have durability feats on par with cap? Like falling 300 feet fromm the air? Or taking a blast that can blow and bend a reinforced steel bank door?

I don't know much about the turtles. But I do know Cap can take down a aircraft with a shield toss, sliced thick elevator cables with his shield and throw his shield with enough force to take out ultron bots. Ultron bots were literally coming out of the concrete ground and landing from falls that smashed cars, so they're pretty durable.

Not sure how he'd do against shredder though, don't know about him, i didn't watch the movie. I did watch him fight splinter and the turtles in the end.

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice fight, I think Shredder would win.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Amnesiak

Shredder wrecks

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 owie  Moderator

Slim has a number of good points. MCU Cap is probably closer to the Ultimate comics Cap than the normal 616 Cap when it comes to strength and durability. Even in the trailer for the new one he's holding a helicopter in place.

Shredder was definitely superhuman himself though, and I am guessing his skill is higher by a reasonable degree. Beating the Turtles was impressive; their agility and skill feats were solid; remember that scene where they all had to balance in crazy ways for 24 hours or whatever it was? MCU Cap hasn't had quite the martial arts training his comics counterpart has had. Given that Cap is probably more durable to blunt trauma than cutting attacks, and the way Shredder beat down on Splinter, I would go with Shredder in a good fight.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

been done, Shredder wrecks(IN B4 TMNT lowballing)

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@lukehero: Well the new movie was awful so its understandable.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d has me convinced it would be a better fight then not with morals on, but unless Rogers is throwing his shield to kill (he did dismember Ultron bots and that Quinjet with no difficulty) I'm thinking Shredder edges it out in a good fight.

I guess it's good for him he's bloodlusted.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder takes this in my opinion.

@slimj87d

It's very premature to use the helicopter scene as a feat. Let the movie come out so we can see it with all of the context.

Yes, the turtles have immense durability, to the point that they were hurling their bodies to use their shell has a weapon. IMO, Cap is very comparable to 1 of the turtles. Maybe giving him the slight edge in push/pull strength (although the 4 of them together held up a tower antennae, one of them held the other 3 up dangling from a rooftop with 1 arm and Raphael was somehow hurling HUGE storage containers). In striking, they are also very comparable, punching through car doors, and destroying solid concrete block. In a 1v1, none of the turtles stood a chance against him. Cap would fair slightly better, but Shredder takes it.

swiftbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarthAznable

When Cap can take 4 turtles at once come back to me.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slimj87d

@sachmoo said:

Shredder takes this in my opinion.

@slimj87d

It's very premature to use the helicopter scene as a feat. Let the movie come out so we can see it with all of the context.

Yes, the turtles have immense durability, to the point that they were hurling their bodies to use their shell has a weapon. IMO, Cap is very comparable to 1 of the turtles. Maybe giving him the slight edge in push/pull strength (although the 4 of them together held up a tower antennae, one of them held the other 3 up dangling from a rooftop with 1 arm and Raphael was somehow hurling HUGE storage containers). In striking, they are also very comparable, punching through car doors, and destroying solid concrete block. In a 1v1, none of the turtles stood a chance against him. Cap would fair slightly better, but Shredder takes it.

What context do you need other than what you see + physics? I understand the need for context in most cases, but that is a simple physics problem. At least, he's supporting the weight of the helicopter, but you can see the propellers moving, so it's probably lifting off.

No Caption Provided

What you're saying is fair though, and I understand your concerns. But we know what he's capable of, pushing a bulldozer in record time, tossing a motorcycle and lifting a structure off of Bucky, so this feat really isn't out of the norm. If someone like Arrow performed the feat, then I would be iffy and wonder if he was amped temporarily.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sachmoo

@slimj87d: Yeah, I'm fairly certain the feat will hold up. But he could be amped, could be a dream sequence, who knows. I'd just let it play out before using it as a feat.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: It was not awful. People are doing the same thing they did with New 52 Lobo.

Hating it just because of character design.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By slimj87d

@sachmoo: honestly, the feat isn't as impressive as him pushing a bulldozer or lifting the multi-ton structure off of bucky with two bullet wounds, one in the stomach. Even if you discard the feat, he has other feats as or more impressive. That's my main point, at a bare minimum the helicopter doesn't add anything but just creates consistency with his other feats already. So in this scenario, mentioning it doesn't hurt any.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: no. There was much more major problems with that movie then just character design.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Cap.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: But the character design definitely was the worst thing (apart from the fact the turtles are apparently aliens now or something!?)

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: Nah they are still pet turtles turned mutant

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap can't really win this. He's got the skills and speed to land plenty of hits but his shield wont do much against a hugely armoured enemy like Shredder, let alone one covered in retractable, magnetic blades, forcing Cap to keep his distance. Physically he's only a little below the turtles, specifically in durability and agility, and while his shield will offer some protection it wont be enough to survive this. Essentially, Cap can land as many hits as he likes, it would just take too long to get through the armour and KO the man inside, whereas every time Shredder lands a hit Cap is bleeding, internally or not. It'd be a good fight but Cap goes down after a while.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it annoys me when someone asks "what are his feats bla bla". if you dont know the characters involved in a fight, dont post on it.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uft: Thats not completely fair, some people come on the vine wanting to learn and gain information about characters.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but you'll never get the full information unless you actually read the book/watch the movie/read the scans. context can be everything

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By abraham700

@slimj87d said:

@kcminato: Pushing a 20 ton bulldozer on grass.

Pushing the 20 ton bulldozer on grass is not impressive.

The gasoline in my car is over, my car is 2 tons...Oh! What will happen? Well, I can push it to the nearest gas station, you can also, none of us need to be superhuman to do that.

I can lift 170 lbs above the head, pulling the weight directly to the ground, using all my strength and proper technique, this is the best I can do.

but I can push a car...a car of 2 tons ????? incredible???... No, absolutely not, push or pull a weight is 30 or 40 times easier than lift him.

THE HELICOPTER:

What kind of helicopter is this?

An Apache can weigh more than 5 tons, an MI-18 can weigh 7 tons, but They are military helicopters.

The weight of helicopters is very light, they're like cars, 2 tons or less. The helicopter who Captain America is supporting does not seem to be heavy, is not level Apache or MI-18 ... not even close.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HeroUp2112

@abraham700: I assume you're joking... you can put a car in neutral and roll it, you can't put a tracked vehicle in neutral, you'd have to slip the road bars first.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abraham700: You realize the difference in the tires on a car and the "tracks" on a bulldozer? They're made for traction and grip which makes him moving the bulldozer on grass even more impressive. It should also be noted the speed in which he pushed the bulldozer

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for shredder but I honestly don't see it being as everyone is making it seem. Slim made a lot of good points.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@heroup2112 said:

@abraham700: I assume you're joking... you can put a car in neutral and roll it, you can't put a tracked vehicle in neutral, you'd have to slip the road bars first.

This... its true.

In addition if one actually watches the clip it's obvious from the ruts and more importantly the locked trads themselves, that the feat was done with the tracks in a locked position.

Also, just a note 20 tons is a pretty conservative estimate for bulldozer weight.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: I just did a check. The one Captain America pushed was between 82 and 104 tons. I don't know the exact weight, because I don't know what model it was, I used the picture with the model to guesstimate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0fb93f107d9
deactivated-5a0fb93f107d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iSoupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd back Cap honestly.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder. Stronger better weaponry and armor.

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You realize the difference in the tires on a car and the "tracks" on a bulldozer? They're

You realize the difference between pushing a vehicle and lift it up? 30 or 40 times easier.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abraham700: Lmao. Look up a bulldozer and see how much they way. Then look how difficult it would be pushing one with its brakes on in dirt. Then compare that to pushing your car down the street in neutral lol. The two can't even be compared lol

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By abraham700

@samjackson said:

@abraham700: Lmao. Look up a bulldozer and see how much they way. Then look how difficult it would be pushing one with its brakes on in dirt. Then compare that to pushing your car down the street in neutral lol. The two can't even be compared lol

Steve is 1 ton or 2 tons, nothing more.

Captain America had serious problems to insure a car of less than 2 tonnes in Avengers 2. Steve was unable to bring down a steel door that kept him stuck in Captain America 2, even the concrete walls of his cell were too much for Steve and his strenght. Steve had to use a metal quinjet to cut the lock metal.

Steve has shown it can from logs of wood or reinforced glass, that's all.

The best strength feat with a metal bar was in the first Captain America, but still was not impressive, he used all his strength to folding a bar that was already pie.

The Bulldozzer is 50 tons.

Captain America can push the Bulldozzer of 50 tons, but he can not lift it, no chance.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killermovies: Thank you lol. I wasn't even going to respond to that guy he's completely ignoring the point.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By abraham700

The helicopter is very similar to the Bell UH-1 Iroquois or other variant.

Gross weight: 9,040 lb (4,1 tons)

Maximum takeoff weight 9,500 pounds (4.3 tons)

No Caption Provided

The first combat operation of the UH-1 was in the service of the U.S. Army During the Vietnam War.

Steve supported, (Only supported) a pressure of 4.3 tons, withstand a weight is easier than lift it, visually stunning look, but that feat no execed the strength of Steve, as I said, Steve is 1 ton or 2 tons.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tparks  Online

I don't know why so many people bring up the dozer feat as if it actually happened. That was clearly MCU humor of Shield using Cap as an unreachable carrot, regardless if he ever actually pushed the dozer. I really didn't think anyone would ever take that as a real capability of Steve, until I came on CV and saw MCU crazies. Lol.

Anyways, I do think Steve wins this battle. His shield is too perfect of a counter against Shredder's projectiles, then he beats him in close quarters.

ComiKing24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, this is a tough one. They are about even in strength and body durability, but Shredder has more skill. They both have a good amount of experience. Obviously, Steve has more feats, considering he has been in five MCU movies so far. I think that Shredder has the overall advantage over Cap as I stated earlier. Shredder wins 6.5/10.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

Bump

Loading Video...

A taste of what the turtles can do below...

Loading Video...

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shredder wins.