Mcu Captain America vs Mcu Daredevil(read op)

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Firedude17

Cap does not have his shield. He has his Aou uniform. Daredevil has his billy clubs and his final outfit. Morals on for Cap, off for Daredevil. Win by ko or death. Who wins?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feels one-sided. Batrock had morals off, and he didn't beat Cap without his shield. Cap also fought Winter Soldier without his shield half the time.

Cap, and I dont think it is close.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3 JediXMan  Moderator

Cap stomps. He is superior in every single way.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve easily

DarthSamburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cap stomps.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel shallow because I'm only excited for Daredevil season 2 for the feats.

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What bout Matt's armor? Dont they offer some form of protection? I think its closer than u think even though Cap should win......

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@firedude17 said:

What bout Matt's armor? Dont they offer some form of protection? I think its closer than u think even though Cap should win......

Doesn't offer enough protection and it's not close.

In street clothes, Cap showed better durability, agility, speed, and strength in this one scene than Daredevil did. He flips mid-fight, tanks hits from somebody who breaks concrete and vans (and can cut through a van like butter).

Loading Video...

Daredevil would have been stomped by Winter Soldier. Despite his pain tolerance, he would not have tanked a hit from Winter Soldier's left arm.

Jordanator41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve stomps

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap pretty easily, Daredevil isn't going to be able to tank too many of his attacks and all his physicals are superior except reactions possibly

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cap

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel shallow because I'm only excited for Daredevil season 2 for the feats.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I think we should be fair and keep in mind that Captain America has not only had four movies to gather feats, but has gone through a significant amp from his original skillset during those four films. I feel like season 2 could close the gap a little bit more; Cap will still be better, but it might be more like the dynamic between their comic book counterparts where Daredevil can dance around him for a little while before getting caught.

TheAwesome1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheAwesome1

I think people are being unrealistic here. Sure Captain America has the strength speed. But Daredevil has the agility and senses. I don't see how cap is getting any hits here. Especiallly without his shield.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wrecks. Again.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sy8000

Steve one-shots.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: I think we should be fair and keep in mind that Captain America has not only had four movies to gather feats, but has gone through a significant amp from his original skillset during those four films. I feel like season 2 could close the gap a little bit more; Cap will still be better, but it might be more like the dynamic between their comic book counterparts where Daredevil can dance around him for a little while before getting caught.

I don't know what your point is. We use feats that we have, and based on feats, Cap is far superior.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theawesome1: Guys like Melvin Potter and Fisk got hits on Daredevil.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Alright then, I guess you're not the type who likes to have discussions.

Avatar image for travistouchdown
TravisTouchdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil was unimpressive

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think season 2 will close the gap at all... to do that it would need insane speed feats to justify him being able to hang with Cap (because he can't hang in a brawl, currently Matt's combat speed isn't too impressive and he would need speed to not get demolished by Cap.) I don't think the show is willing to go there feat wise, they want to keep it relatively realistic and for him to be able to hang with MCU cap they would have to do a lot of really unrealistic things with the character. They want Matt to be too grounded for him to be Cap level (not saying everything he's done is grounded, some of it's superhuman such as pain tolerance but it's grounded compared to Cap.)

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil was unimpressive

Not necessarily unimpressive, but by Cap standards he is.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

I don't think season 2 will close the gap at all... to do that it would need insane speed feats to justify him being able to hang with Cap (because he can't hang in a brawl, currently Matt's combat speed isn't too impressive and he would need speed to not get demolished by Cap.) I don't think the show is willing to go there feat wise, they want to keep it relatively realistic and for him to be able to hang with MCU cap they would have to do a lot of really unrealistic things with the character. They want Matt to be too grounded for him to be Cap level (not saying everything he's done is grounded, some of it's superhuman such as pain tolerance but it's grounded compared to Cap.)

Well, judging combat speed just by what we see visually is completely subjective. I'd understand if we were like, comparing Nolan Batman to Cap or something, but Daredevil's choreography is just as insane as Cap was in TWS. You might say that Cap was slightly faster, but maybe from what I saw, Daredevil was actually slightly faster? That's why in cases like this, we need to compare more quantifiable feats. For example, Daredevil was bullet timing in the very first episode from very close range with no warning other than the sound of the gun cocking. Later on he was flipping in between automatic assault rifle fire from almost point blank range, and spin kicked a high-powered arrow straight out of the air. For all his strength, MCU Cap is not a bullet timer. Ergo Daredevil was faster.

So you say season 2 would need to pull out insane feats for Daredevil to match Cap, but as far as I see, the feats Daredevil has been pulling in season 1 were already insane. He just needs more of the same, and he'll probably get a few extra really stand-out feats to solidify his speed and agility advantage. All Daredevil needs to do is prove his skills against a more established character, then I'll be prepared to argue he can last awhile against MCU Cap. As of now though, his showings against Melvin and Fisk leave a lot to be desired in terms of skill. Speed though? He doesn't lag behind at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil got destroyed by Nobu, struggled heavily with Melvin Potter, and got beaten up by Wilson Fisk, who doesn't seem to have that much skill, but was just strong and tough (while still being less strong and less tough than Captain America). There will be no "dancing around Cap" from Daredevil. He loses quickly. In one hit actually.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Daredevil got destroyed by Nobu, struggled heavily with Melvin Potter, and got beaten up by Wilson Fisk, who doesn't seem to have that much skill, but was just strong and tough (while still being less strong and less tough than Captain America). There will be no "dancing around Cap" from Daredevil. He loses quickly. In one hit actually.

I'm saying that after season 2, the gap might be closed a little.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Thor-Parker

Captain America easily

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Steve easily. Matt's no chump but Cap is pretty well in another tier.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@nickzambuto: All of those feats were aim dodging for Matt, not all that impressive speed wise. Cap has bullet timed in the first avenger if I recall correctly, i shall go and fetch the showing (he also dodged a blast from red skulls gun after it was fired, that gun was high tech.)

He just needs more of the same,

To stand toe to toe with cap? Nope. More of the same doesn't make him much better than he already is, more showings of the same sh*t wont allow him to hang with Cap. Matt will need insane combat speed showings to say he can hang with him, because currently he gets tagged by fodder constantly, and Cap is faster, more skilled than that fodder (and of course he's strong enough to one shot DD.)

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: When I say he needs insane combat speed showings to hang with Cap I mean he will need to be fast enough to not get hit by cap to hang with him.

Just clearing that up because it could be misinterpreted as me saying he cant keep up with caps speed.

Avatar image for redviperofdorne
RedViperofDorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RedViperofDorne

Cap takes it with ease. Daredevil season 1 doesn't have that many feats and is really still in the rookie stage. Maybe a season or two from now it wouldn't be as much of a stomp but he still loses.

Avatar image for attackonthenaughtytitan
AttackOnTheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Here is the bullet timing, the bullet would not have hit him in the first place but he reacted to it which is the point. Even if it were aimed and shot directly at his head while he were still he would have dodged it.

The gun is shot:

No Caption Provided

And then the camera switches to Cap, whose head is above the ball (what is that metal ball lol? I'm guessing a wrecking ball.)

No Caption Provided

Then we see Cap duck below the wrecking ball, cap ducked directly below the ball and the bullet hits it right after (you can see the smoke in the screenshot below but to confirm that it hit the ball after he ducked you can go rewatch the scene. It's a bit hard to tell which is why I am going to take a video after this comment and slow it down so we can see him duck first and then see the bullet land.)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The last sceenshot is just confirmation of him being behind the ball lol. Anyway there is another feat of him dodging gun fire after it was fired, I will go and see if I can find it.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Attackonthenaughtytitan is an alt of mine BTW. Anyway I made a gif and I slowed it down.

No Caption Provided
  • Gun was shot
  • Cap ducks
  • Bullet hits the wrecking ball
gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap shatters every bone in his body.

Beta-56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve is physically on another level

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: People misunderstand the hallway fight and put way too much emphasis on it as the main indicator of Daredevil's abilities. The scene was not saying "Daredevil is realistic and can have trouble if several men come at him at once." People forget that Daredevil was already half dead from injuries before the episode even began, and went to fight those Russian gangsters with only a couple hours rest. With that in mind, the feat becomes phenomenal - Daredevil took down nine Russian gangsters some of whom were armed while he was so injured that there was no physical advantage, just sheer skill. He did this without getting tagged at all, only taking one punch towards the very end after he was so exhausted that he could barely stand anymore. At every other point in the series, he stomped fodder. He stomped a SWAT unit, and he even stomped police while handcuffed.

But that feat for Cap is a very good find. However, it pales in comparison to Daredevil's showings. His bullet dodging feats are 100% legitimate peak human, ripped straight from the pages of a comic book.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

People misunderstand the hallway fight and put way too much emphasis on it as the main indicator of Daredevil's abilities. The scene was not saying "Daredevil is realistic and can have trouble if several men come at him at once." People forget that Daredevil was already half dead from injuries before the episode even began, and went to fight those Russian gangsters with only a couple hours rest. With that in mind, the feat becomes phenomenal - Daredevil took down nine Russian gangsters some of whom were armed while he was so injured that there was no physical advantage, just sheer skill. He did this without getting tagged at all, only taking one punch towards the very end after he was so exhausted that he could barely stand anymore. At every other point in the series, he stomped fodder. He stomped a SWAT unit, and he even stomped police while handcuffed.

Not talking about just that instance (and I wasn't thinking about the hallway fight when saying he has been tagged by fodder.) If I recall correctly in single combat he got tagged in the very first episode in two instances (one being the very first fight while fighting the traffickers and he got tagged multiple times by the guy who was in Karen's apartment.) The guy in Karen's apartment was said to be a professional or something like that, so basically he's fodder. Fisk was able to tag him multiple times and Fisk is just some strong unskilled guy. The amount of people that have tagged him really shows that his combat speed isn't that great.

I may be wrong about some things or missing some context on what I am citing, I was going to check Netflix but for some reason Netflix isn't working for me.

But that feat for Cap is a very good find. However, it pales in comparison to Daredevil's showings. His bullet dodging feats are 100% legitimate peak human, ripped straight from the pages of a comic book.

If I recall correctly none of DD's bullet dodging feats are proven bullet timing, they're all aim dodging or avoidance through movement. Cap has other speed feats, such as dodging the gun fire from Red Skull's high tech pistol. And of course Cap has better combat showings against fast opponents (Winter soldier whom was able to dodge a grenade launcher round after it was fired and he dodged machine gun bullets dodged by falcon.)

I'd say Cap has the better reaction feats.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: That's all fair, like I said I don't think Daredevil wins, I'm just waiting for season 2 and then maybe the gap will be bridged slightly.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: That's all fair, like I said I don't think Daredevil wins, I'm just waiting for season 2 and then maybe the gap will be bridged slightly.

Okay, I was just addressing their speed/reaction time btw, I knew you weren't saying he stood a chance currently. Hopefully he does get some more feats to bridge that gap, don't think the gap will get bridged very much if at all though :P

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap stomps. Stats need to be equalized.

@jayc1324: IIRC Potter tagged him while he was still recovering form his injuries from Nobu. He was dealing the first couple of hits and winced in pain. It was during that moment that Potter started tagging him. Not to mention that earlier in the same episode, Claire was stitching him up because he reopened his wounds trying to move.

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuss4z said:

Cap shatters every bone in his body.