MCU Captain America VS Green Goblin (Rami)

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for cpt_facepuncher
Cpt_FacePuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules:

Morals on/in-character

Random encounter/no knowledge

Standard gear

Win by any means

Battlefield is populated

No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going Green Goblin, easy.

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Avengers tower? Goblin is going to get rekt

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin, handily. He was equal to someone physically above Cap, has the flight advantage and those OP pumpkin bombs that reduced those company executives to skeletons.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap for a majority. Goblin has better lifting strength, but Cap has the means to ground Goblin with a ricochet and can outfight him once he gets there. I'd wager this will be a stomp once Cap faces off with Stark. .

For everybody overhyping Osborn's one use of disintegration pumpkin bombs, lets not forget a direct hit on Toby just blasted him through a wall, little the worse for wear. Osborn's average showing isn't one shotting Rogers.

As far as Cap's durability he shook off a Repulsor from Iron Man, took multiple shots from Bucky, whose metal arm was punching through the roadtop, tanked shots from Loki and Ultron, and soaked some Chitauri blasters to the stomach. (those same blasts were hurting Iron Man.)

Captain America has superior striking power via his shield. He also has superior tactics and a lack of crazy to hinder him.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap took down a Quinjet in a matter of seconds lol he can take Goblin.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Been done.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap for a majority. Goblin has better lifting strength, but Cap has the means to ground Goblin with a ricochet and can outfight him once he gets there. I'd wager this will be a stomp once Cap faces off with Stark. .

For everybody overhyping Osborn's one use of disintegration pumpkin bombs, lets not forget a direct hit on Toby just blasted him through a wall, little the worse for wear. Osborn's average showing isn't one shotting Rogers.

As far as Cap's durability he shook off a Repulsor from Iron Man, took multiple shots from Bucky, whose metal arm was punching through the roadtop, tanked shots from Loki and Ultron, and soaked some Chitauri blasters to the stomach. (those same blasts were hurting Iron Man.)

Captain America has superior striking power via his shield. He also has superior tactics and a lack of crazy to hinder him.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap loses.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Captain America shouldn´t stand a chance against Iron Man, Stark has better striking power, durability, flight advantage and strength, the only way I could see Cap standing a chance against Iron Man is if Stark holds back and uses only his repulsors instead of his other arsenal, such as missiles, the little bombs at the beggining of the fight in New York that took down several chitauri, the red laser that took down several drones in Iron Man 2, hell he could just aim a bullet to Cap´s head like he did with those terrorists in the first Iron Man movie and it´s goodbye Cap.

I don´t know how they are planning to make a fair fight in Captain America: Civil War unless Stark doesn´t use his arsenal and just limits himself to repulsors and hand to hand fight.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 juiceboks  Moderator

Willem stomps. He's physically superior and has the range and flight advantage.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: They may also go with the idea that a Vibranium shield can do much more damage in the MCU then the mainstream runs with. Remember Stark doesn't have force fields here.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: They may also go with the idea that a Vibranium shield can do much more damage in the MCU then the mainstream runs with. Remember Stark doesn't have force fields here.

Perhaps, but everything else I said is still true, I just can´t see Steve lasting more than 10 seconds against Iron Man if Stark is serious and wants to end the fight.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I could. He could richochet blasts back at Stark, he could take the fight someplace Tony can't fly and use terrain, environment and tactics to his advantage, I could see it going much like the Cap/Ultron fight to be honest. With that said, as Stark is the antagonist, I do think he'll have the advantage in their showdown.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, Cap wouldn't get an easy win, it'd need some tactics, but he will certainly win.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@thor_parker82: @risingbean: I kind of see Iron man stomping Cap in a H2H fight but Cap shuts down his armor somehow. He then starts to pound Tony. That's how I hope they do it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I could. He could richochet blasts back at Stark, he could take the fight someplace Tony can't fly and use terrain, environment and tactics to his advantage, I could see it going much like the Cap/Ultron fight to be honest. With that said, as Stark is the antagonist, I do think he'll have the advantage in their showdown.

What´s stopping Iron Man from placing a bullet on Steve´s head, or just bombard the whole ground where Steve is standing while Stark is in the air, or use the red laser to split Cap in two, or use a missile, or just pull out all the firepower he threatened Loki with when he captured him in Avengers, or use the same weaponry that destroyed Ultron in their first fight ?

Like I said, the only way Steve stands a chance is if Stark limits himself to hand to hand and repulsor blasts.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Been done. Dammit.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/green-goblin-vs-captain-america-1551415/

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

goblin

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What´s stopping Iron Man from placing a bullet on Steve´s head,

Morals.

or just bombard the whole ground where Steve is standing while Stark is in the air,

Cap can likely tank area attacks. Also intelligent use of terrain to ground Stark as well as environment to hinder him should be something Steve can pull off.

or use the red laser to split Cap in two,or use a missile,

Morals. Also unbreakable shield and the laser is one shot.

or just pull out all the firepower he threatened Loki with when he captured him in Avengers,

Morals.

or use the same weaponry that destroyed Ultron in their first fight ?

Sheesh. Is Tony Stark your favorite villain?

Like I said, the only way Steve stands a chance is if Stark limits himself to hand to hand and repulsor blasts.

Or Stark could limit himself to the point he won't intentionally kill Steve. Both heres will be pulling punches. Likely Stark moreso because Steve isn't a fighter jet with legs and AC/DC blasting out the speakers.

Avatar image for cpt_facepuncher
Cpt_FacePuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

Goblin wins.

The Green Goblin fought and even came close to defeating Spiderman, if it weren't for the intervention of his own machine he might have won.

He can take way more damage than Cap and if he can hold his own with Spiderman, someone who as we saw in Spiderman 2 has the strength to hold up the entire wall of a collapsing building, he definitely has to be strong to handle someone like that.

Super strength, agility and endurance aside, Goblin has the weapons and advantage of flight, he can bomb Cap and stay far from him.

People will say "Cap can throw his Shield" but Goblin has the super reflexes to catch it and keep it out of his hands.

A_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this may depend on how many pumpkin bombs GG can rely on.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

What´s stopping Iron Man from placing a bullet on Steve´s head,

Morals.

or just bombard the whole ground where Steve is standing while Stark is in the air,

Cap can likely tank area attacks. Also intelligent use of terrain to ground Stark as well as environment to hinder him should be something Steve can pull off.

or use the red laser to split Cap in two,or use a missile,

Morals. Also unbreakable shield and the laser is one shot.

or just pull out all the firepower he threatened Loki with when he captured him in Avengers,

Morals.

or use the same weaponry that destroyed Ultron in their first fight ?

Sheesh. Is Tony Stark your favorite villain?

Or Stark could limit himself to the point he won't intentionally kill Steve. Both heres will be pulling punches. Likely Stark moreso because Steve isn't a fighter jet with legs and AC/DC blasting out the speakers.

You are pretty much agreeing with me, morals (aka holding back) is the only thing that keeps Iron Man from stomping Cap, and like I said, if Stark limits himself to pure hand to hand and repulsor blasts, the fight should be pretty good, otherwise Iron Man has just too much firepower too kill Steve without any effort.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I guess to some degree we may be on the same page then. However I think even if Stark were trying to kill Steve, he'd have a hard time of it, but I don't see them going at it full force.

With that said, I do disagree on a "serious Stark, who wants to end the fight." winning in ten seconds. Because Stark's desire to win is going to be tempered by his relationship with Steve. Stark most definitely will want to win, but because he has to work within a certain framework, he isn't going to be able to pull an easy victory. Stark can't bring his B game and expect to run shop.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I guess to some degree we may be on the same page then. However I think even if Stark were trying to kill Steve, he'd have a hard time of it, but I don't see them going at it full force.

With that said, I do disagree on a "serious Stark, who wants to end the fight." winning in ten seconds. Because Stark's desire to win is going to be tempered by his relationship with Steve. Stark most definitely will want to win, but because he has to work within a certain framework, he isn't going to be able to pull an easy victory. Stark can't bring his B game and expect to run shop.

I can agree with some parts, Stark is definitely not going to try and kill Rogers, and that´s probably what´s going to make the fight somewhat fair, but if Stark had no morals, he can easily kill Steve with all the weapons and raw firepower he has.

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap. Superior striking strength. Not to mention insane H2H skilla for a movie

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

klbro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wtf are you lot actually stupid. green goblin could 1 shot cap

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gobby probably. So long as his "crazy" don't start acting up

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trionace said:

Cap. Superior striking strength. Not to mention insane H2H skilla for a movie

Hmm...

No Caption Provided

Kicked Spider-Man past three well spaced tables and a metal street lamp several feet behind the last one. I'd say no.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34 JediXMan  Moderator

Goblin, handily. He was equal to someone physically above Cap, has the flight advantage and those OP pumpkin bombs that reduced those company executives to skeletons.

To be fair, that only happened to the executives. A pumpkin bomb merely hurt Peter.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's been a long time since I saw Spider-Man. I don't really remember any impressive feats from Green Goblin.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If standard gear means Goblin gets his glider, i think i take him 6-10. If not, Cap 8-10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Loading Video...

Goblin wins.

The Green Goblin fought and even came close to defeating Spiderman, if it weren't for the intervention of his own machine he might have won.

He can take way more damage than Cap and if he can hold his own with Spiderman, someone who as we saw in Spiderman 2 has the strength to hold up the entire wall of a collapsing building, he definitely has to be strong to handle someone like that.

Super strength, agility and endurance aside, Goblin has the weapons and advantage of flight, he can bomb Cap and stay far from him.

People will say "Cap can throw his Shield" but Goblin has the super reflexes to catch it and keep it out of his hands.

Then again, he came close to defeating a novice Spider-Man. Do you think there's any chance Peter got stronger between the two movies or when his powers came back on?

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@goldroger said:

To be fair, that only happened to the executives. A pumpkin bomb merely hurt Peter.

I'm pretty sure he used a different bomb on the executives. A standard pumpkin bomb explodes, the one he used on the executives made a flash of light and reduced them to skeletons.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Goblin didn't seem that fast so I think Captain America has him beat in the speed factor. He probably hits harder to with his shield and Captain America is a much better fighter he probably hates her too with a shield and company marker is a much better fighter. Green Goblin is definitely stronger but not by much because his strength feats were not that good. Captain America wins by a decent edge

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Goblin curbstomps. He was beating Spiderman at the end of the first movie before Peter got motivated to win by Goblin threatening to harm Mary Jane.

Unmotivated Spiderman > Captain America

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 juiceboks  Moderator

@superhero24: Goblin was able to go h2h with someone who could see the world in super slow motion and dodge bullets, and as far as strength goes he was able to support a tram with one hand effortlessly along with of course beating down Peter in h2h.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GG. Physically superior and much better gear. He wasn't half bad as a fighter either.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Steve

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Steve

How? All he brings to the table is skill and his shield.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id argue green goblin

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How? All he brings to the table is skill and his shield.

Gobby has better striking power, gadgets and the whole aerial advantage. His striking power becomes irrelevant if he can't land a hit on Steve and his shield blocks whatever Gobby throws at him. IIRC in the movie Gobby slows down and basically stands there while he throws a grenade at you, Steve has show that he can deflect grenade w/ his shied. Besides deflection I don't see why Steve can't knock him off his glider via shield toss. Gobby's armor wasn't all that impressive IIRC and Steve's shield has dented metal crates and ripped through cars. His shield and skill has gotten him through a lot worse than what Gobby can dish.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Spiderman has super fast reflexs and he just came off of being bullied a lot. Peter Parker had very little experience in fighting and taking advantage of what he had. In Captain America the Winter Soldier his fight with the Winter Soldier they are moving crazy fast in hand to hand combat. Spiderman has spider senses which allow him to sense things before they happen it's not pure speed. When Spiderman got pissed he completely trashed Green Goblin.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@shiryu said:
@docholiday said:
Loading Video...

Goblin wins.

Then again, he came close to defeating a novice Spider-Man. Do you think there's any chance Peter got stronger between the two movies or when his powers came back on?

That is tough to say, it is possible

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: Goblin was able to go h2h with someone who could see the world in super slow motion and dodge bullets, and as far as strength goes he was able to support a tram with one hand effortlessly along with of course beating down Peter in h2h.

Yeah I think that tram weighed at least 11 tons (more with people in it).