MCU Captain America vs CW Team Arrow

• 193 results
Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU Captain America vs CW Team Arrow (129 votes)

Captain America 57%
Team Arrow 43%

Cap has his Aou uniform, with the magnetic wrist.

Equipment: 1 Desert Eagle with full clip and his trusty Vibranium Shield.

Team Arrow

Members:Green Arrow,Canary,Black Canary,Speedy,Spartan(Diggle)

Standard equipment for Team Arrow. Laurel has canary cry and Sara has sonics.

In character for both teams, random encounter. Battle takes place in a car scrapyard. Who wins?

• 
KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow because there's too many.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Arrow stomps.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Captain America still wins. Together, while they may out skill him, they have no answer for his physicals.

Firedude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cap should win if he is not caught off guard this due to his physicals capable of one shotting most of Team Arrow and having fast enough reflexes to deflect arrows and block rounds with his shield. Which member of Team Arrow could withstand a shield throw with the force sufficient to destroy a mini-helicarrier?

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember the two CA movies, but did Cap dodge bullets in them? I know he was shot my Chitauri fire in Avengers.

I ask this because though Cap can one shot with a shield throw, I think once Steve throws his shield, he'll get shot and pierced by arrows and bullets. He'll probably KO 2 or 3, but so long as Oliver isn't one of first to go, I think he, and any other shooters/archers, takes the win.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve, he is just too strong for them. A shield strike should be enough to one shot most of them.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

Too many on team arrow, he gets overwhelmed.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team, I think.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@undefined: I thought this was team Cap vs team Arrow but he's alone so he gets wrecked

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@dre_savage: Cap isn't portrayed to be fast at all. He is consistently tagged in every movie, Cap 1 he gets shot with a handgun, Avengers he gets tagged by a Chitauri, Cap 2 Winter soldier fills him with bullets, Avengers 2 he gets tagged by Ultrons lasers several times.

It would be ridiculous for anybody to say he is too fast for Arrow characters.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dre_savage: Cap isn't portrayed to be fast at all. He is consistently tagged in every movie, Cap 1 he gets shot with a handgun, Avengers he gets tagged by a Chitauri, Cap 2 Winter soldier fills him with bullets, Avengers 2 he gets tagged by Ultrons lasers several times.

It would be ridiculous for anybody to say he is too fast for Arrow characters.

He has also aim blocked and dodged plenty of times when he wasn't distracted. No reason to believe he couldn't do that against everyone listed. However in this case, its unreasonable to think he can block multiple arrows and a gun at the same time. Especially taking into account canary cries. Cap loses this battle 10-10 times because

Arrow because there's too many.

This^

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@sachmoo: Black Widow has comparable screen time to Cap and you dont see her getting tagged left and right by both fodder and named characters. Also being distracted is really no excuse, Black Widow doesn't ever get tagged or snuck up on because she's always aware of her surroundings, but Cap has been snuck up on by Chitauri, Bucky, and I believe an Ultron Bot even got the jump on him in the final fight. Caps overall avoidence, his speed and senses combined, really is not too impressive.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow team easily.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: Black Widow has comparable screen time to Cap and you dont see her getting tagged left and right by both fodder and named characters. Also being distracted is really no excuse, Black Widow doesn't ever get tagged or snuck up on because she's always aware of her surroundings, but Cap has been snuck up on by Chitauri, Bucky, and I believe an Ultron Bot even got the jump on him in the final fight. Caps overall avoidence, his speed and senses combined, really is not too impressive.

1. Black widow did get shot by Bucky.

2. Being distracted or having a different objective is absolutely a big reason. In these battles we are taking characters out of context, and putting them into the context of our own scenarios. Cap got shot once by Bucky in the heat of battle, and that's because he wisely fired two guns aimed in separate locations of Caps body. The other times bucky shot him, Cap wasn't even attempting to block or evade the bullets, He was trying to stop the hellicarrier attacks at all costs. Being 'Snuck upon' IS context. You can't just ignore the context in which stuff happens.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Team Arrow, mostly due to their gear. Despite his physical abilities, how is he supposed to block multiple arrow shooters and Diggle's gun while also trying to deal with the sonics and canary cry of the Lances? I mean, it's probably possible that Cap could pull some wins but I'm thinking the Arrow team wins the majority in this scenario.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it depends on how every one is placed in the location given. If the team is all together and stays relatively close to each other I think they take the majority if they are able to circle and surround Cap. The gear they have is a lot to deal with all at once.

If they are all spread out from one another I think Cap can take them out 1 or multiple at a time depending on how he tactically plays it out

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: Dude, if Cap can't react to a sneak attack that's his own failure. In battle threads, like this one, Arrow and co, aren't gonna yell out their positions, and fire at caps shield like everyone in the MCU does. If Cap is vulnerable to stealth that doesn't make it PIS or Context, it means Cap has shitty awareness.

Black Widow was tagged after an extended fire fight, she ran out of ammo, jumped behind a car, stopped movie, then got shot through the car. That's hardly comparable to everyone and their grandpa being able to tag MCU Cap. Also, let's not forget that Black Widow tagged Bucky first. And while she had limited gear and street clothes, he had full gear, the drop on her, and a dozen guys for back up.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: Dude, if Cap can't react to a sneak attack that's his own failure. In battle threads, like this one, Arrow and co, aren't gonna yell out their positions, and fire at caps shield like everyone in the MCU does. If Cap is vulnerable to stealth that doesn't make it PIS or Context, it means Cap has shitty awareness.

Black Widow was tagged after an extended fire fight, she ran out of ammo, jumped behind a car, stopped movie, then got shot through the car. That's hardly comparable to everyone and their grandpa being able to tag MCU Cap. Also, let's not forget that Black Widow tagged Bucky first. And while she had limited gear and street clothes, he had full gear, the drop on her, and a dozen guys for back up.

I didn't say it was PIS. PIS and context aren't the same thing.

Cap getting 'Snuck upon' has absolutely nothing to do with this battle. You know the rules, if no starting point is given, we are to assume that they are visible and close. Nobody has to call out their locations because he can see them all.

Let me try and make my point clearer. When Cap actually tried to block or dodge a bullet, he has done reasonably well. You saying he isn't fast because he has been shot a bunch of times, disregarding the context in which he was shot each time is an oversight.

If you have something in each hand, and your objective is to get them in your house safely. Then I throw a football at you and you don't catch it. Is it fair for me to say you can't catch a football?

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Team Arrow stomps.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Dude, quit lowballing Cap. Yes the Arrow team wins, but it's because of numbers, not because Cap is inferior to anyone on the team.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingtphil: Using consistent showings to prove a point is not lowballing. I'm not using a one off lowshowing, I'm using many consistent showings. You can hate that Cap is slow all you like, but you're just gonna have to deal with it in the battle forums.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MAZAHS117

Even in a random encounter Team ARROW are still well versed in working with each other in takin opponents down.....Cap puts up a better fight than some are giving him credit for, but numbers + teamwork eventually overwhelm him

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Who all has tagged him who is not already an impressive fighter in their own right? All I can think of are Bucky, Red Skull, Batroc, and Rumlow...all elite fighters or mercenaries or super soldiers. And all of those guys would be top tier in the Arrowverse

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Ultron tagged him with both fists and lasers, fodder Chitauri tagged him with both fists and lasers. Heck, Chitauri were capable of sneak attacking Cap as well.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Considering the arena, he has a better chance than not. He can take out anyone on Arrow in a one on one with ease. Avoiding them as a group is his best chance.

BoostMyGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Are you referring to when the Chitauri got Cap in a chokehold? Because that's hardly a sneak attack.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Getting tagged by Ultron definitely should not be considered a low showing. You're talking like the Arrow characters would never get tagged if they had to fight dozens of Chitauri soldiers or Ultron himself

Avatar image for cosmicportugal27
CosmicPortugal27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman:

He just needs one good shot at them with his shield and bye bye.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: You seem to have no idea what the concept of a sneak attack is.

db_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow would solo. Team makes it a stomp.

Captain America presents no problem the standard mirikuru user presented and the team took them down with quick and they were trying not to kill.

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firedude17: Arrow, Black Canary and Roy Harper (with Mirakuru) were defeated by Deathstroke (who has less skill/feats than Cap). Speedy is moderately skilled, and Laurel is even less so. Spartan and Queen may have a chance, but I still see Rogers winning.

PS. Why the handgun? No offense, but it seems useless for a morals on Captain Rogers.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Arrow characters dodge lots of fodder all the time. Example, Even the lowest fighter, Laurel, has been able to avoid the ghosts gunfire, and they have been stated as being highly trained.

@cosmicportugal27: yup just like how he one shot Batroc right? No. Just like how he one shot Rumlow right? No.

@stormdriven: can you post the video. I seem to recall a Chitauri being able to just walk up behind him and grab him.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AllStarSuperman
Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Cap's objective was to save civilians from the bomb. In this situation, his focus would be on the opponents.

Is it a sneak attack?-Maybe.

Is it relevant here?-Not one bit.

blackpanther16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap stomps

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Stormdriven

@allstarsuperman: I can't, I'm on my phone. But it was when Steve was saving the building full of people that were held hostage by a group of Chitauri. Steve fought them all at once, and one of them grabbed him from behind when he was telling the people on the first floor to clear out.

db_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax24601: Right Caps whos only training is military has more skills than Deathstroke a man on an island for the world's most dangerous assassins and hit men.

Right laurel has light league of assassins training from one of the world's greatest assassins thats literally nothing

Likr I said caps possesses absolutely nothing the typical mirikuru user couldn't dish out. Enhanced reflexes, speed strength regeneration and durability. And they were one shoting armies of them.

Deathstoke is capable of keeping up with league of assassins training. Low balling won't get you very far

BoostMyGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@db_king: That is, of course, if one were to deliberately ignore Cap's much higher skill, tactical, and overall showings compared to the standard Mirakuru fodder... Cap isn't some Mirakuru brute who stomps his way towards a barrage of arrows and bullets. He's a highly agile and skilled super soldier who is fully capable of one shoting most of this team.

BoostMyGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

db_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By db_king

@boostmygold: As I've said caps has military and maybe shield training. The team has military black ops, and league of assassins training. No he's not more skilled. More tactical? Yes because it's real hard to tell hulk to smash.

The standard mirukuru fodder could lift cars in the comics and tank direct arrows to the chest when they weren't snatching them.

db_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoostMyGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@db_king: It really doesn't matter what training Cap's received, more like how he applies it. And anybody with half a brain should see that Cap is immensely skilled. The writers themselves confirmed that Cap's skill increase in WS was due to his mind being able to process and assimilate training at a much higher rate than a normal human being. Nice job taking Bucky's potshots at Cap out of context.

db_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By db_king

@boostmygold: Slade was able to smell TNT 

If his training didn't matter you wouldn't have argued skill being a factor. But now knowing he's not more skilled you're changing your argument to skill application? He does nothing speciel with his skills. He wins by his physical stats. His fight with hydra in that elevator proved that. I could care less who learned their skills the fastest.

Right because failing to shield yourself from someone shooting you when they're directly in front of your face is me taking stuff out of context. If arrow can hit Flash and Reverse Flash he can hit steve. And one is all he needs

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@db_king: Deathstroke had ASIS training which uses mostly Arnis/Eskrima (hence his inkling for swords). And we don't really know the extent of training Rogers had, but if beating the most effective assassin of the 20th century (Winter Soldier) is any indication, I'd say it's probably more-well rounded.

Please indicate when I said Laurel's skill was tantamount to "literally nothing"

Again, skill wise, I think it's safe to say Captain America is better than a Mirakuru soldier.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By slimj87d

@allstarsuperman: You bring up a good point about Cap getting tagged, but lets not pretend that the Arrow guys are perfect, they've had their fair shares of low showings too. Lets also not forget that Cap has a handgun here as well, and he's killed people before, so he'll shoot team Arrow if he needs to. Other than that, no comment on who actually wins the fight.