MCU BATTLE: Captain America vs Drax the Destroyer

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BoringPerson

Poll MCU BATTLE: Captain America vs Drax the Destroyer (446 votes)

Captain America 47%
Drax the Destroyer 53%

Drax gets his knives and Cap gets his shield. Drax thinks Cap is another of Thanos's cronies. Cap thinks Drax is trying to kill him really dead.

Starts at 25 feet from one another.

• 
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By tparks

Drax. Too strong, too durable. Cap has never shown he can hit hard enough to hurt Drax in the slightest, where Drax just has to get a single lucky shot in for this to be a win. Drax 10/10.

Drax got hit by a spaceship....

Avatar image for necromancershadows890
Necromancershadows890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The obvious winner is me cause I'd get to see an awesome fight!

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax. His impressive durability gives it to him over Cap

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Drax with ease.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BoringPerson

@jedixman@regular_joe@allcaps_34

Oh, I guess I should have placed the caveat of during the actual fight. Captain America does get shot 3 times, after soundly beating Winter Soldier and only takes the shots in the back while he's putting in the microchip...

Then he falls. Then struggles to stand. Then gets beat down by Winter Soldier who has one arm available to fight in the second confrontation.

Captain America does not just get right back up and fight anywhere near his normal level. He can barely stand and has to hobble over to Winter Soldier. It's not a particularly good damage soak feat. Getting shot disables Captain America rather soundly in terms of fighting capacity.

For Mr. Jedixman, I said they were trolling and making fools of themselves because they were misrepresenting the feat. Which they were. Even if many of their statements themselves were not factually incorrect.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drax

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bump

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By huthimamwa

Still Cap. In an even bigger stomp now.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Captain

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Tayssti

Cap 8/10 times. Cap has better feats and stats all around, other then durability. But Caps durability is pretty good too. Some well placed shield bashes to the head from cap should put Drax down. With caps skill and speed, it shouldn't take to long.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax was tanking hits from Ronan. He has enough skill and obviously is superior in strength and durability so I can't see him losing to Cap here.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#115  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@nfactor1995 said:

Drax was tanking hits from Ronan. He has enough skill and obviously is superior in strength and durability so I can't see him losing to Cap here.

Drax got completely handled by Ronan, who didn't even acknowledge him as a threat.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America & his mighty shield.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great fight, shield is the ultimate difference. Cap 6/10

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax was ranking hits from Ronan. He has enough skill and obviously is superior in strength and durability so I can't see him losing to Cap here.

When did Drax show superior strength then Cap? Serious question because I honestly can not recall any moments. Maybe before AOU came out, but Cap has more strength feats that put him above what Drax has shown IMO.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, MCU's Captain America keeps getting more and more insane strength feats - he was tossing his bike into vehicles and crushing them - or catching a car's weight - he's VERY superhuman in AoU. Drax's really one call to fame was tearing apart a robot drone and getting trashed by Ronan.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although Drax's implied physical level is pretty clear-cut, Captain America still has more feats.

I'll give it to Captain America.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: True but every time Ronan hit him he just got right back up to keep fighting like he wasn't fazed until the very end. At the very least he had good stamina and decent durability.

@Tayssti: I have yet to see Age of Ultron so I will wait until after I see it to reevaluate my earlier statement.

ToffeeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: yea true that he wasn't even fazed til he started punching ronan ribs then ronan screamed and flip chokeslammed him

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, MCU's Captain America keeps getting more and more insane strength feats - he was tossing his bike into vehicles and crushing them - or catching a car's weight - he's VERY superhuman in AoU. Drax's really one call to fame was tearing apart a robot drone and getting trashed by Ronan.

This.

A few other good strength showings for cap were Cap tearing a large log in half with his bare hands like a twig, Cap ripping heads and arms off Ultrons Bots with just his hands, and Cap rag dolling Ultron into a concrete freeway pillar a good 30ft away while on top of the semi truck. (Ultron has got to weigh quite a lot being a giant 8ft tall metal robot)

ToffeeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tayssti: he's made out of vibranium, a metal known for its lightness

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's speed versus durability. I'll withhold judgement until I see Age of Ultron.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toffeex: That version of Ultron was not made of Vibranium yet.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: its actually vastly superior speed/skill/weaponry and comparable strength vs slightly better durability. I dont see how this is even a contest. Even before AoU where Cap started using motorbikes as projectile weapons.

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Drax's hands reach Cap.. well.. he is toasted

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toffeex said:

@tayssti: he's made out of vibranium, a metal known for its lightness

Like stated above, This was pre-vibranium Ultron. I'm not 100% sure what metal he was made off but probably Titanium alloy like Stark makes his Iron man suits out of. Titanium weighs roughly 282lbs per cubic foot ( About half the weight off cold roll steel ). Ultron is 8 feet tall. So,

282lbs x 8 = 2,256 lbs

Now that is for sure on the high end since Ultron is NOT a sold slab of Titanium that is 8ftx1ftx1ft. So lets be conservative by cutting the number in half making Ultron made up of only a total of 4 cubic feet of Titanium. Ultron still would weigh in at 1,128 lbs.

It seems likely to me that Ultron weights some where within the 1,000-1,500lb range and Cap threw him like a lil b*tch.

And looking back at other cap feats and where he is at in this movie, it seems in line with what he capable off. Caps already been shown to toss a 500lb motorcycle like a beach ball with enough force to crush a Jeep. In the first movie he was also shown holding an old Harley (approx 600lbs) with 3 women on top (approx. 125lbs each) like he was holding up air. ( all combined weighs approx 1,000bs). Plus while badly injured he pretty much dead lifted a steel I beam that weighs who knows how many tons off Bucky in the Winter Soldier.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.

Drax has superhuman stats but so does Cap and he has way more and better feats so far. We'd need to wait and see more of Drax.

Avatar image for no_one_expects_the_silver_surf
No_one_expects_the_Silver_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think Drac has enough feats where as Cap was able to go tow to tow with Loki and Ultron for a minute

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as cool as drax is Cap wins because of better feats he stood toe to toe with loki red skull so on and so fourth also he shows better feats in all areas

Fighting skills

Stamina

Strength

Durability i would say are almost on the same par as eachother

cap has better intelligence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regular_joe: I agree, nothing really came out of that. I thought at least a strength upgrade or something,

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like some ppl said before, Drax is simply lacking feats to compare him properly. Sure he got his butt handed to him by Ronan, but we also dont know how strong he actually was in the movie (from what i recall Ronans only physical showing was his fight with Drax).

In theory (if you take their comic book equivalents as template) Drax should have this, but currently Cap wins by superior fighting feats.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they nerfed drax and kept cap at his comic strength.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Jacthripper

Drax is still too durable

Dbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think Cap takes this, but not without a fight.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cap in a close fight, but I'm assuming that'll change after GotG2

ToffeeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbuster94: fighting stamina strength cap isn't really superior to drax in fighting, watch the finger to the throat means death clip where he kills a cyborg (or whatever the black guy is) who has similar reactions to cap and greater durability and drax rips part of his head out. As for strength, drax is stronger and drax is way more durable than cap, he got hit by a spaceship and survived. As for stamina I'm not sure. Anyways drax takes this fight cap is at peak human abilty, which isn't enough to beat drax who has "enhanced musculature, impact resistant skin and augmented cellular regeneration" (I got the info from the part in the prison where they are scanned and their information is shown)

ToffeeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tayssti: did he really toss a bike like a beach ball, I mean the bike was already moving and I don't think him "throwing it" sped up its velocity

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it hard to imagine cap putting him down.

TopTierGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgive me if someone mentioned this in the thread, but Drax tanked a direct hit from a spaceship. Pretty sure that Rogers would have been obliterated by that same hit.

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Drax was slow and dumb, but his durability is too much.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax is still far too durable.

I don't get why everyone is referring to the ronan fight when he actually tanked the whole spacecraft crash thing.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap due to feats...and cap had inpressive feats of durability against ultron...not survive a spaceship level but enough to the point i think he could rock with drax and to me he shown superior fighting skill and agility over drax...add that to his comparable but not better strength feats and his spacial awareness with pin point accuracy with throwing a vibranium shield that comes back to him...drax goes down

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toffeex said:

@tayssti: did he really toss a bike like a beach ball, I mean the bike was already moving and I don't think him "throwing it" sped up its velocity

I just re watched the scene, and right before it goes to the clip of Cap flipping over the motorcycle, it shows a shot of him using the front brake on the handle bars. The trees in back ground are barley moving when he flips the bike. He for sure slowed the bike down to almost a stop and then proceeded to throw it like a beach ball.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Drax