• 92 results
Edited 1 month, 7 days ago

Poll: MCU BATTLE: Captain America vs Drax the Destroyer (49 votes)

Captain America 53%
Drax the Destroyer 47%

Drax gets his knives and Cap gets his shield. Drax thinks Cap is another of Thanos's cronies. Cap thinks Drax is trying to kill him really dead.

Starts at 25 feet from one another.

#1 Edited by Lunacyde (19112 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the environment?

Cap is faster and more skilled, but honestly without using tactics and the environment I don't see him putting Drax down, even with a shield bash directly to the head.

#2 Posted by reaverlation (15842 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve

#3 Posted by VenomousTaco (862 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax

#4 Posted by ALLCAPS_34 (718 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogers

#5 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3017 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Drax is more durable, but overall i really wasn't too impressed with his skill. Going with Cap after a grueling battle.

#6 Posted by Lunacyde (19112 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Drax is more durable, but overall i really wasn't too impressed with his skill. Going with Cap after a grueling battle.

Agreed Cap is easily far more skilled, but I don't know that he has the strength to put down Drax.

#7 Edited by Hyperlight (5836 posts) - - Show Bio

Cao would have to use the environment to his advantage because he isnt physically powerful enough to put a beating on drax. Im going with drax after a long drawn out battle

#8 Posted by dontevenblink (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

What is the environment?

Cap is faster and more skilled, but honestly without using tactics and the environment I don't see him putting Drax down, even with a shield bash directly to the head.

agreed with both of these somehow.

head on, Drax can tank just about anything Cap dishes out pretty easy. but Steve's skill and agility should help him win. also and especially with the vast difference in intellect. lol

Cap kept up with WS and Crossbones really well, so i think he can dodge the knives pretty well. the biggest problem is gonna be keeping Drax down for the count, so this battle could go on for a looong time! depends on who gets tired first. i'll vote Cap because of intelligence/skill factor i guess...

#9 Posted by Regular_Joe (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I never noticed the skulls in Drax markings/tattoos before just now. Very cool.

I remember Drax being tough, but not super impressive with the knives. He couldn't touch Ronan with them, iirc...maybe Ronan was way faster, but I don't remember that being shown. Plus he seemed to be worried (however briefly) at the prospect of being sharp-object'd by Gamora.

I think Cap has the advantage in speed, fighting ability and agility whereas Drax probably takes the edge in strength and durability...I've seen Cap 1 & 2 way more times than I've seen GotG, though.

Cap takes ... 7/10 due to the advantages I see him having.

Gotg Spoiler -

I seriously thought Ronan dropping Drax into that Celestial brains vat was going to change him somehow.

#10 Posted by Experio (16030 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#11 Edited by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax, 7-8/10.

#12 Posted by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's shield should give him the win. He can dish out an insane amount of damage with his shield. Keep in mind, he never really throws it even close to as hard as he can out of fear of decapitating/slicing someone in half with it. We know this because be has thrown it hard enough to plant it pretty deep into metal walls and armorer vehicles. I think once cap realizes Drax's level of durability, he will start using his full strength. A few good shield bashes or an unexpected ricochet to the back of the head should put Drax down. Where as I don't see Drax being able to ko Cap with blunt force. And his knife fighting skills weren't impressive enough to land a lethal blow.

#13 Posted by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: one decent strength feat isn't enough. Bucky could rip that little thing apart too. He was still humbled by Cap in the end.

#14 Edited by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Neither Bucky nor Cap could remotely do that with their strength alone. They'd need a weapon to accomplish it.

#15 Posted by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: bucky could via his metal arm. He was tearing through and denting metal, ripped off a car door, and was sending people flying with little to no leverage with it. Theres more but it been a while since seeing it in theaters and I can't remember all them. We don't know the metal or the durability of tbe robot Drax destroyed, but Bucky has enough strength feats with his arm to at least put it around Drax's level.

One decent strength feat isn't enough to ensure a win against a faster, more skilled, better equipped, just as durable opponent...

#16 Posted by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Sending people flying isn't something Drax couldn't do - in fact, Drax did that casually. And ripping off car doors or denting metal does not compare - Drax ripped apart a dense, metal bot, not thin, layered metal.

#17 Posted by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: we can argue back and forth compairing bucky and drax's strength but its completely missing my original point. My point was that even tho Drax is physically stronger than Cap, so was Bucky via his arm, and that wasn't enough because Cap was faster, more skilled, better equipped, and more durable. One decent strength feat is far from an automatic victory. That was my point.

#18 Posted by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: we can argue back and forth compairing bucky and drax's strength but its completely missing my original point. My point was that even tho Drax is physically stronger than Cap, so was Bucky via his arm, and that wasn't enough because Cap was faster, more skilled, better equipped, and more durable. One decent strength feat is far from an automatic victory. That was my point.

I'm aware of this point - which is why I've given a more detailed account of this matchup on another thread; factoring in other physicals such as durability, agility, etc.

#19 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

The gap between strength is wider this time, much wider.

Do you think Cap could've tanked Ronan's punches the same way Drax did?

#20 Posted by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01: nope I don't. He would have been KO'ed....just like Drax was.

#21 Edited by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: link to the thread? I'm curious now.

#22 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01: nope I don't. He would have been KO'ed....just like Drax was.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. And Drax didn't get knocked out... did he?

#23 Edited by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01: he did. He was out cold (which isn't tanking) and dragged across the street, and thrown into a pool of orange/yellow goop.

#25 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's shield should give him the win. He can dish out an insane amount of damage with his shield. Keep in mind, he never really throws it even close to as hard as he can out of fear of decapitating/slicing someone in half with it. We know this because be has thrown it hard enough to plant it pretty deep into metal walls and armorer vehicles. I think once cap realizes Drax's level of durability, he will start using his full strength. A few good shield bashes or an unexpected ricochet to the back of the head should put Drax down. Where as I don't see Drax being able to ko Cap with blunt force. And his knife fighting skills weren't impressive enough to land a lethal blow.

#26 Posted by Jayc1324 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax is significantly stronger and more durable. Skill can't help cap here. He's outmatched. Drax was beating Groot's face in, cap could never do that. Drax wins

#27 Edited by Jayc1324 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Drax took shots from Ronan. Cap doesn't have the power to knock him out. Not even close. And not sure why cap can't be knocked out with blunt force... His face was badly damaged from winter soldier punches, drax would kill him.

#28 Posted by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: actually I agree with 90% of what you said. Drax would take bucky pretty easily. But once you brought Cap in for comparison is where you lost me.

As it stands cap is faster, more skilled, better equipped, and just as durable. He should win this.

#29 Posted by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Cap and Bucky are not that far apart - in fact, they were more or less on equal footing.

#30 Posted by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: he was KO'ed by shots from Ronan...idk why people seem to keep using Drax getting KO'ed as a durability feat in Drax's favor....care to explain? Yes Cap got his face beaten in several times by bucky's arm...and wasn't knocked out. He got up and lifted a huge steel beam off bucky. And after being shot multiple times. Thats why I'm putting his durability around Drax's level. Cap has more than enough power via shield bash or shield throw to put down Drax

#31 Posted by The_Red_Sun_Rising (88 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: he was KO'ed by shots from Ronan...idk why people seem to keep using Drax getting KO'ed as a durability feat in Drax's favor....care to explain? Yes Cap got his face beaten in several times by bucky's arm...and wasn't knocked out. He got up and lifted a huge steel beam off bucky. And after being shot multiple times. Thats why I'm putting his durability around Drax's level. Cap has more than enough power via shield bash or shield throw to put down Drax

I believe their point is that if Cap took the same hits Drax did he'd have his ribs and skull stoved in and have died a gory death, whereas Drax got up later just fine.

#32 Posted by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_sun_rising: well thats a pretty big assumption....Not that Drax hits close to as hard as Ronan...or that Drax is fast or skilled enough to get past the shield or land a hit anyway. Where Cap is easily capable of throwing his shield hard enough to ko or kill Drax.

@frozen: they weren't. First part of their main fight Cap was holding back. Playing defensively trying to reason with Bucky. Trying to make him remember. He didn't want to hurt or kill his oldest friend. When he got serious it was very obvious they were not on the same level. He beat him rather easily. After getting shot a few times too.

#33 Posted by BoringPerson (1834 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Captain America never gets shot by Bucky in the entire movie. He gets grazed in the last fight but it barely draws blood.

Note: As OP, why does the environment matter? Wouldn't they just charge towards each other anyways?

#34 Edited by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Steve wasn't even aware Winter Soldier was Bucky in the first fight. He fought Bucky and realized thereafter. In the second fight, they were on equal footing, Cap however barely won, he was only able to lift the large beam due to Bucky not having leverage.

#35 Edited by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: I'm aware of when steve realized WS was bucky I said in their main fight (2nd fight. Sorry if that wasn't clear) in the beginging of the fight they seemed to be on equal ground because steve was holding back. Trying to reason with him and make him remember who he was. He was clearly fighting defensivly. When he got serious he won rather easily.

#36 Posted by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: He was always serious in their last fight - nothing indicated that he wasn't, he simply capitalized upon the grappling hold he had Bucky in.

#37 Posted by comicace3 (5285 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm Drax ha sgood durability that Steve might no bipase to maybe stalemate unless he can get his hands on steve. Which i highly doubt thanks to his superior skill.

#38 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (1968 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Big D's got this one, Though Captain America is probably more skilled and a little faster, Drax is stronger, more durable (He was get his butt kicked by Ronan but Ronan hits a lot harder than WS) and has sufficient speed of his own. I'd say Drax 6/10

#39 Posted by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: he was talking to him the whole time trying to get him to come to his senses and realize who he was. He was not going all out. Anyway, we're getting off topic. Back to Drax vs Cap.

Strength goes to Drax. Speed, skill, and equipment go to Cap. Durability is arguable.

Drax did not show enough skill or speed with his knives to land a finishing blow on Cap. Where as Cap showed enough speed skill and throwing power with his shield to catch Drax with a ricochet or a few good shield bashes and ko him.

#40 Posted by Strider92 (16470 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax. His durability gives it to him.

#41 Posted by Milokill (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I think all the GotG movie versions need more feats before battles can effectively be done.

#42 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax only had two notable feats: Tearing apart the drone and getting smashing into '?' metal walls / doors by Ronan. That doesn't make him much more durable than Captain America when he was getting blasted through a bus in WS or particularly that much stronger (though still stronger - Cap at best can break heavy door locks, punch through submarine glass underwater, knock people around like ragdolls and if RS is any indicator leave fist impressions on steel with a punch).

Then there's the minor issue of Drax not sporting to reaction time or speed to actually tag Steve... So where does that leave this argument?

A. If you think Steve can physically harm Drax - either by shield smacking or fists - Drax loses.

B. If you think Steve can't hurt Drax - then its a situation where not much happens. Drax is unlikely to hit Steve whose sporting the stamina and speed to run circles around him for days.

Have fun.

#43 Edited by huthimamwa (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellos: agree with just about all this. And considering steve can throw his shield with enough force to plant it pretty deep ininto armored vehicles and into the side of a quinjet, he clearly holds back and tosses his shield lightly when koing normal people like the pirates in WS. He could easily decapitate them or slice them in half with his shield. Shouldnt have a poblem koing Drax.

#44 Posted by Jayc1324 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellos: Steve is not fast enough to not get tagged by drax... @huthimamwa: So you think cap has Ronans striking power? No.

If cap got hit by Ronan he would die. Cap never got punched that hard, and never tanked being punched through a solid metal wall multiple times. Cap is nothing to Ronan in terms of striking power. Durability is not arguable.

#45 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@hellos: Steve is not fast enough to not get tagged by drax... @huthimamwa: So you think cap has Ronans striking power? No.

If cap got hit by Ronan he would die. Cap never got punched that hard, and never tanked being punched through a solid metal wall multiple times. Cap is nothing to Ronan in terms of striking power. Durability is not arguable.

Steve could literally run in circles and Drax would never be able to hit him. Not to mention every fight sequence in WS he shows off a lot more speed / reaction time than anything Drax shows in his film. And what does Ronan do outside knocking Drax into '?' metal walls / doors to imply a single hit from Ronan would devastate him - hell would does Ronan have to do with anything here when Drax couldn't even match him physically remotely?

Sif has better strength feats than Ronan had when she casually kicks a truck across the road.

#46 Posted by Jayc1324 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

@hellos: Running in circles will tire him out and he won't be able to do anything... This isn't a race.

Ronan matters because he is significantly stronger than cap, and drax tanked his hits. Cap wouldn't be able to. Drax is also significantly stronger than cap based on him breaking free from Groot's attack and him ripping apart the flying drone thing with his bare hands.

#47 Posted by nerdchore (1914 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa said:

The gap between strength is wider this time, much wider.

Do you think Cap could've tanked Ronan's punches the same way Drax did?

drax didnt tank his punches he got smacked around a few times and was out.

#48 Posted by Jayc1324 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdchore: he did tank some hits. He was hit through the metal wall a few times and came back each time. Cap would've died from one hit.

#49 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@hellos: Running in circles will tire him out and he won't be able to do anything... This isn't a race.

Illustrating the physically difference in speed by pointing out how much faster Cap can physically move his body - coupled with stamina that could in-fact allow Cap to do just that - for days.

Ronan matters because he is significantly stronger than cap, and drax tanked his hits.

So how does this factor into how hard Drax hits when Ronan was effortlessly holding him by the throat? Drax couldn't tank a hit from Ronan - that's why Drax spent the majority of that fight being easily dominated physically by Ronan.

Cap wouldn't be able to. Drax is also significantly stronger than cap based on him breaking free from Groot's attack and him ripping apart the flying drone thing with his bare hands.

Would that be the same attack Gamora breaks free of?

#50 Posted by nerdchore (1914 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: you dont know that he would, cap is quite durable, maybe the only reason he kept getting back up is cause he was drunk and felt less pain, either way he wasnt impressive enough to put down cap.