- Fight takes place in the colloseum. The crowd is completely split in support of these two men.
- Each man is armed with a single blade and the strongest armour they used in the arena
- For this fight imagine that Maxiumus believes Spartacus killed his wife and child, while Spartacus believes Maximus killed Sura.
- Each man has went through rigorous training before this match, fully aware of what they are fighting from stories.
- They are both at full health.
With their toughest armor on, Spartacus won't be able to go for the regular chest/belly slashes to weaken his enemy.
However, Maximus seems to be less durable than Spartacus and weakens faster.
I would say Maximus is more skilled and strategical, while Spartacus has a large physical advantage, in strength and durability.
I will also say that Spartacus may underestimate Maximus. I can imagine him trying to kick Maximus and getting his foot stabbed through.
It also seems that Spartacus receives more PIS than does Maximus, as he defeats groups of opponents on 2 occasions only after a mid-fight 'revelation' or something, after which he goes into god mode and kills all his opponents. Maximus seems to be at a constant level of skill through the movie.
This is pretty evenly matched so I kinda want to see what others have to say on the matter first.
Maximus just seems more logical and level headed in his battles while Spartacus is more animalistic and full of blood lust. I can see Spartacus getting the upper hand early, and maybe even controling the fight the majortiy of the time, but Maximus would out smart him and win in the end.