Maxima vs World War Hulk

mikemaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikemaximum

Maxima demands that Hulk become her husband and he laughs in her face. She says she will beat him into submission or he will have to kill her. Who wins? World War Hulk is at his peak levels.

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Valtot
@mikemaximum:
maxima should be equal to him at enraged levels plus  she can fly and has other powers like telekinesis, the telepathy helps as long as she doesnt try telepathic attacks i think
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

Maxima was able to go toe-to-toe with Doomsday. World War Hulk doesn't stand a chance. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Valtot said:
"@mikemaximum: maxima should be equal to him at enraged levels plus  she can fly and has other powers like telekinesis, the telepathy helps as long as she doesnt try telepathic attacks i think "

How does the telepathy help but as long as she doesnt try it? 
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Susanoo
@Valtot:
Maxima has strength in the quadrillion tons area?
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Valtot
@Susanoo:
@god_spawn:

i wasnt sure because wernt emma and xavier able to talk to hulk telepathically but than when he got enraged more it reflected and showed everyone memories of what had happened, so i was thinking as long as she just listens to his thoughts but doesnt let him know so no telepathic talking 

maxima is in superman and wonderwomans strength class so im not sure, she was able to stand up to doomsday while wonderwoman couldnt so it could be higher than wonderwomans strength
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Valtot:
oh ok i was just curious though, Hulk has some pretty high TP resistance.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By vuviper
 She'd run circles around him
 She'd run circles around him

@Susanoo said:
" @Valtot: Maxima has strength in the quadrillion tons area? "

Does Hulk? I'm legitimately asking, because I've never really be given any evidence of significant strength levels for Hulk.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Susanoo
@vuviper:
Hulk held 2 tectonic plates and it said something about Quadrillions of tons.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By vuviper
@Susanoo said:
" @vuviper: Hulk held 2 tectonic plates and it said something about Quadrillions of tons. "
Interesting I seem to remember Maxima doing something similar for her home world using telekinesis
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@Susanoo said:
"@vuviper: Hulk held 2 tectonic plates and it said something about Quadrillions of tons. "

True, but thats all he has going for him in this fight Strength, that he will have to build up a bit... Well also TP resistance... I still think Maxima has a good shot at this.
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nefarious said:
" Maxima was able to go toe-to-toe with Doomsday. World War Hulk doesn't stand a chance.  "
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Susanoo
@Xavier St. Cloud:
Don't get me wrong, Maxima wins this.
Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By The Average Bear
Maxima would destroy him. Let's not forget her medley of powers. 
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By PirateKing69

I think Maxima can win this she is a lot more versatile then him which gives her a edge imo

Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@The Average Bear said:
"Maxima would destroy him. Let's not forget her medley of powers.  "

I don't think anyone who knows her could... Maxima is a beast.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Static Shock

Maxima has the strength to contend with him (having been the only person other than Superman to contend with Doomdsay, and on occasion, has shown the ability to physically engage Superman in combat). Take into account her telekinesis (which held tectonic plates together in her weakened stated), her telepathy (which can induce mind-control, psychic bolts that can lobotomize or KO her opponent [they worked on Orion]) and loads of other abilities.

She takes the majority.

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fire Star

Maxima wins due to vast versatility.
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Achilles.

Maxima due to having a high number of powers

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blue Son

WTF people...Maxima...Maxima can beat the Hulk?! What is it? Every single person with a Superman set of powers can overpower the Strongest there is?!  Next you people are going to say the Flash can beat the Hulk!!

This is the same Maxima who got killed putting her ship between Brainiac 13's Warworld right? And you're going to put her on the same level as the Hulk who's survived a head on blast from Galactus?!  The same Hulk that even thought he got beaten stood up against one of Zeus' lighning bolts and was able to rock his jaw?!  He's rocked the jaw of a "god" people!!

The same Hulk got caught in the explosion of the warp core of his ship which brought him to Sakaar, destroying the planet, and all it did was INCREASE his base level of strength dramatically. He can lift well over 100 tons in a functionally calm emotional state.       

Professor X one of the most powerful mutant Telepath in the Marvel Universe tried to slow down an angered World War Hulk with intense power; but the Hulk proved to be resistant to the Professor's psionic effects . Jean Grey another extremely powerful Telepath and Telekinesis  could not even stop and enraged Savage Hulk. 

He's fought and soundly defeated BOTH Gladiator and Sentry two guys who have or had Superman based  power levels. 

The Beyonder himself stated that the Hulk's potential strength is limitless. 

You want feats? 

He's supported a 150 billion ton mountain, dented true adamantium, fought against the West Coast and the East Coast Avengers teams AT THE SAME TIME for a prolonged period of time despite being weakened before the fight began due to separation from Bruce Banner, knocked out 3/4 of the Fanstastic Four by himself, fought Wonder Man, Iron Man, Vision and Scarlet Witch by himself, overloaded an energy absorption machine imbued with most of the combined power of himself, the Silver Surfer, the Doctor Strange and Namor, destroyed the Crypto Man after he was boasted with strength greater than Thor's, overpowered Thor, held a black hole core with his bare hands, almost broke the East Coast and threating to break the planet by the sheer output of force from his body, overcame a field of energy powerful enough to change the orbit of a planet, pushed spheres of matter and antimatter apart, destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth due mostly to his physical toughness and to the impulse generated by the contraction and relaxation of his legs, broke a space-time barrier with only two punches, cracked Onslaught's armor after an extremely enraged Savage Hulk emerged, held together the tectonic plates of a planet, destroyed a device designed to fight against the Celestials and sent a concussive force throughout countless dimensions due mostly to his power. 

He's tough enough to withstand the impact of a ground zero nuclear explosion and the full force of the Human Torch's Nova Blast, which has a maximum temperature of 1,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit, without sustaining injury.  

And here's a bit of SCIENTIFIC FACT people: Charles Q. Choi from LiveScience.com said that gamma rays are so powerful (the most powerful form of electromagnetic radiation and 10,000 times more powerful than visible light) that they can even create matter from energy - a possible explanation for the increased mass that Bruce Banner takes on during transformations. "Just as the Incredible Hulk 'is the strongest one there is,' as he says himself, so too are gamma ray bursts the most powerful explosions known." 

Gamma Rays which power the Hulk are more POWERFUL than the solar energy Superman gets his energy from I.E...HULK IS THE STRONGEST THERE IS....        

Maxima can't beat the Hulk...PERIOD...respect the canon...

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By whacknasty
@Blue Son said:
"
WTF people...Maxima...Maxima can beat the Hulk?! What is it? Every single person with a Superman set of powers can overpower the Strongest there is?!  Next you people are going to say the Flash can beat the Hulk!!

But the Flash can beat the Hulk..........  

Lol, I had to do it, sorry.  : )

Maxima has a vast array of powers on a very high level. Even at WWH levels, i dont see him catching her for one, and then his strength/durability/HF should be taxed right from the start of the fight, more than likely not leaving a whole lot of time for growth. Imo, of course...
Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blue Son
@whacknasty: 

Dude...if he can catch someone with superspeed like the Gladiator or the Sentry he can CATCH Maxima...not to mention you keep forgetting the more angrier the Hulk gets the stronger he gets (That's Marvel Canon Law), and that NOT just his strength...speed, stamina, endurance, durability and healing all increase. He doesn't get tired when he's pissed and in a fighting mood which means he can fight for days. 

Honestly...I don't even see this fight happening...the way the Hulk gets around he just might give Maxima what she wants and knock her out in "other" ways...lol.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Susanoo
@Blue Son:
... I've never seen Hulk run faster than Quicksilver before. Also, Hulk gets stronger but his highest limit as of now is several quadrillions of tons. Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, Thor, and such are stronger than him by far. Maxima takes out Hulk.
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Valtot
@Blue Son:
i seriously see you do this on every single Hulk battle thread you post in
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Susanoo
@Valtot:
This isn't the worst Hulk thread I've seen.
Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blue Son

@Valtot:      

I do it because it's damn right insulting how people second rate the Hulk all the time...and you know what's funny...I'm a BIG Superman fan (mind you it's still not the best comic written), but I love the canon and the character, but I also like the Hulk a lot too, and I don't appreciate a bunch of fan boys or girls dismissing what is canon in the Marvel Universe...we're suppose to respect DC canon, but not Marvel? Where is the fairness in that? We're suppose to respect the feats of DC characters, but when it comes to the feats of Marvel characters its not good enough nor is it impressive?! If battles as I've been told OVER and OVER are based on feats then it needs to respected on BOTH sides not just one.  

And I say it again Marvel CANON states when the Hulk is angered THERE IS NO LIMIT to his strength and power...NO...LIMIT...go tweet Stan Lee his creator or anyone from Marvel they'll tell you the same damn thing.

@Susanoo: 

Hulk has fought guys on Superman's level or close to and he's beaten them...both Gladiator and Sentry both have superspeed and reflexes and the Hulk was still able to defeat them...he's beaten Thor...Maxima's strength though impressive were said to be on the level of Supergirl or Big Barda (whose also dead) and Superman is suppose to be stronger than both of them he just holds back....if Maxima couldn't survive  Brainac's War World how the HELL could you think she could beat the Hulk who's survived attacks from guys like Galactus WHO EATS WORLDS? 

You know something funny which flies over people's head...in almost every possible FUTURE of the DC universe Superman is dead and survived by his descendants...in ALMOST every future of Marvel the ORGINAL Hulk is still alive whether as Banner just staying the Hulk forever or Banner dying and the Hulk being the only one left alive...these are comic based facts people what we're suppose to measure these battles by not me just being a fan boy and blowing smoke...so I stand by my claim...Maxima CAN NOT beat the Hulk...period...

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Valtot
@Blue Son:
i can clearly see your a hulk fanatic but that doesnt matter every character has them but i agree hulk gets downplayed a bit on this site 

for the future events i thought in every future it was always hulk becoming more powerful thanks to there always being nuclear war and him growing stronger of that, also superman isnt dead in almost every future in most hes alive like the most recent  future shown is the DC 1 million again so hes gonna be gold superman still and than theres showing a unknown superan from the 4600 century which in allstar superman was actually superman just in disguise after coming back to earth, than theres the other recent possible future where the omacs went on earth domination or something and theres human resistance left and superman was mentioned as been holding of the green lantern corps for 50 years and counting (not sure why the green lantern corps was trying to invade earth though)
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Static Shock
@Blue Son said:
"@whacknasty:  Dude...if he can catch someone with superspeed like the Gladiator or the Sentry he can CATCH Maxima...

You seem to be forgetting that Gladiator didn't try to blitz the Hulk, nor did he attempt to use his speed to evade him. He did try to grab Hulk and fly him into space, but Gladiator made the mistake of grabbing him from the front instead of from the back... If I had superhuman speed and didn't try to use it in a fight, I would get caught with punches easily, too.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Blue Son said:
"

This is the same Maxima who got killed putting her ship between Brainiac 13's Warworld right? And you're going to put her on the same level as the Hulk who's survived a head on blast from Galactus?!  The same Hulk that even thought he got beaten stood up against one of Zeus' lighning bolts and was able to rock his jaw?!  He's rocked the jaw of a "god" people!!

The same Hulk got caught in the explosion of the warp core of his ship which brought him to Sakaar, destroying the planet, and all it did was INCREASE his base level of strength dramatically. He can lift well over 100 tons in a functionally calm emotional state.       

Professor X one of the most powerful mutant Telepath in the Marvel Universe tried to slow down an angered World War Hulk with intense power; but the Hulk proved to be resistant to the Professor's psionic effects . Jean Grey another extremely powerful Telepath and Telekinesis  could not even stop and enraged Savage Hulk. 

He's fought and soundly defeated BOTH Gladiator and Sentry two guys who have or had Superman based  power levels. 

You want feats? 

He's supported a 150 billion ton mountain, dented true adamantium, fought against the West Coast and the East Coast Avengers teams AT THE SAME TIME for a prolonged period of time despite being weakened before the fight began due to separation from Bruce Banner, knocked out 3/4 of the Fanstastic Four by himself, fought Wonder Man, Iron Man, Vision and Scarlet Witch by himself, overloaded an energy absorption machine imbued with most of the combined power of himself, the Silver Surfer, the Doctor Strange and Namor, destroyed the Crypto Man after he was boasted with strength greater than Thor's, overpowered Thor, held a black hole core with his bare hands, almost broke the East Coast and threating to break the planet by the sheer output of force from his body, overcame a field of energy powerful enough to change the orbit of a planet, pushed spheres of matter and antimatter apart, destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth due mostly to his physical toughness and to the impulse generated by the contraction and relaxation of his legs, broke a space-time barrier with only two punches, cracked Onslaught's armor after an extremely enraged Savage Hulk emerged, held together the tectonic plates of a planet, destroyed a device designed to fight against the Celestials and sent a concussive force throughout countless dimensions due mostly to his power. 

He's tough enough to withstand the impact of a ground zero nuclear explosion and the full force of the Human Torch's Nova Blast, which has a maximum temperature of 1,000,000 degrees Fahrenheit, without sustaining injury.  

And here's a bit of SCIENTIFIC FACT people: Charles Q. Choi from LiveScience.com said that gamma rays are so powerful (the most powerful form of electromagnetic radiation and 10,000 times more powerful than visible light) that they can even create matter from energy - a possible explanation for the increased mass that Bruce Banner takes on during transformations. "Just as the Incredible Hulk 'is the strongest one there is,' as he says himself, so too are gamma ray bursts the most powerful explosions known." 

Gamma Rays which power the Hulk are more POWERFUL than the solar energy Superman gets his energy from I.E...HULK IS THE STRONGEST THERE IS....        

"

Oh boy, 
But lets just say that flash can indeed beat hulk. 
and maxima wins as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

LOL@ alternate timelines being used as debating material.
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#31  Edited By AssertingValor

MAXIMAeasy.......................................................................
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Static Shock
@Blue Son:
I'm not sure why you're comparing Maxima being killed in an explosion to Hulk taking a blast from Galactus. Does that mean that the Hulk is going to kill her with physical force (even after she's taken punches from Superman and Doomsday)? You're comparing apples to oranges.

Being able to rock the jaw of a God with a punch isn't that much different from knocking around Superman.

Sentry did blitz the Hulk, but it is not like he blitzed him at his top speed. Hence the reason why he got tagged in the midst of it. 

The Beyonder stated the Hulk's potential strength being limitless. How does that translate into a battle, since Hulk has never reached that point in physical strength in an actual fight?  

Hulk only supported the mountain. He didn't lift it, and he could only support it for a few seconds. A feat? Of course. But, it doesn't mean that Maxima cannot fight him, physically. Superman has dealt with more weight than that, and Maxima was able to fight him on several occasions

Hulk destroyed the asteroid due to his durability, as you've confirmed. He also stated that he needed help from rocket-propelled anti-gravitational jet springs or something. The feat in itself isn't wasn't dependent on his legs, but on a device that he built. 

Onslaught allowed the Hulk to crack his armor. 

The tectonic plates feat is impressive, and while Maxima hasn't done that with strength, she has done it with telekinesis. Either way, despite that feat the Hulk pulled off, she was able to fight stronger people still. 

Visible light (like the light from a light bulb) is independent of solar energy (which not only contains light, but thermal energy, ultraviolet rays, infra-red rays, and small bands radio waves, microwaves, x-rays, and gamma rays). Solar energy is an amalgamation of several forms of electromagnetic energy along the EM spectrum, including the energy that powers the Hulk. There's more to solar energy than you think. How you think the Hulk is more powerful than Superman based on this beyond me.

http://www.eoearth.org/article/Solar_radiation    
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Blue Son said:

"

You want feats? 

"

He stalemated Sentry after sentry decides to fly into hulk's fist. He beat Glads who was weakened. Hulk really shouldnt be able to beat thor, writers just downplay those characters to actually give hulk a chance to even hit those guys so no hulk is not the strongest there is. Maxima wins period.
mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mira

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima wins for the reasons already stated.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AssertingValor
@mira:
DO NOT POST THAT GARBAGE, IT HAS BEEN POSTED DOZENS OF TIMES AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN THAT SCENE, HE DID NO LIFT THAT WHOLE MOUNTAIN............. NOT EVEN CLOSE.................................
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By karrob
@Blue Son said:
"

You want feats? 

"
wow
Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Blue Son

@ebuchanan:

Why is it garbage when he was able to do it? I have to comic book and he did it... 

@god_spawn:

He didn't stalemate Sentry...he knocked him out...he fought Sentry till he was drained of energy and reverted back to his human form and knocked him out, then he powered back up out of rage because Miek impaled Rick Jones, and revealed he intentionally allowed the mass deaths on Sakaar, knowing they were caused by former followers of the Red King and not the Illuminati. The Hulk enraged unwillingly began releasing energy that threatened the Eastern Seaboard,     

Incredible Hulk Annual 1997 - I have this comic book too...

Gladiator, Marvel's basic equivalent to Superman, is unbeatable as long as he has his confidence. In the annual, a villain from outer space has disguised himself as the newly discovered son of Bruce Banner. When Gladiator comes to get him, the Hulk, not knowing the boy is an alien, fights Gladiator. The two fight hard against each other until Gladiator uses eye beams and blows a hole in the Hulk's chest, all the way to his heart. With the beams still hitting him, the Hulk walks up to Gladiator and blocks the beams, causing Gladiator to get feedback and collapse. The Hulk throws Gladiator into a nuclear plant, causing him even more pain. He then continues to beat Gladiator up with no resistance.

Hulk beats Thor up in 
Thor #385...the same way Superman's feats are canon (silver age and modern)...the same is done for the Hulk's he still did it.  

@Static Shock: 

You're talking about the same Superman who always had problems with mystical beings right? Captain Marvel who's powered by gods has had the upper hand on him, and this is not saying that Superman is no slouch. And you just proved my argument...if the Hulk can tag Zeus in his own house he's more than a match for a man of steel.

See my argument above about Sentry. 

As far as his strength translating into battle, this battle being against the World Breaker and Maxima people keep forgetting, the Green Scar/World Breaker is the most cunning powerful version of all previous incarnations, because he's an insanely enraged version of the "Gravage Hulk". His rage is at its most focused, due to meditation training by his ally Hiroim. This incarnation has extremely high durability. He has had training in combat arms, including broadswords, spears, and battle shields, and is a capable leader and strategist. Another source of the Green Scar's strength in comparison to other versions was his lack of inner conflict, if not alliance, with Bruce Banner. There were several instances where the Hulk and Banner worked together strategically, such as acting to disable Dr Strange.       

Two things...one Superman is able to move large items because of the thin engery barrier that is around him...so it's easier for him to lift things without crumbling, and yes Maxima has fought Superman...so has Wonder Woman, but has she defeated him on any occasion? Nope.

And yes the Hulk needed a rocket pack to propel him into the asteriod, but the fact is he did smash it with his body and came back unscathed...that's clearly on Superman's level.

Onslaught: Marvel #1 - My brother has this comic book. 

The combined might of the X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four could not even put a scratch in Onslaught's armor. The Hulk asks for a chance and also asks Jean Grey to "turn off" Bruce Banner, bringing out the Savage Hulk. Onslaught and the Hulk fight and Onslaught holds the Hulk down on the ground. The Hulk gets extremely mad and with one punch, cracks Onslaught's armor.    Onslaught didn't "let" him do anything. 

My argument on Maxima's defeat is based on this...

#1 Despite her strength being close to Superman's level, she's fought the man of steel probably staggered him, but she's never defeated him...and her strength and abilities do have limits...there is no limit to the Hulk's abilities once he's enraged...period.

#2 People keep thinking this version of the Hulk is some lumbering ox who just smashes things and he's not, he's a skilled hand to hand combatant and strategist, the best parts of the Hulk and Banner combined, so whose to say he's not going to outsmart her?

#3 The proof is in Maxima's death alone...she died in her ship against Brainac's War World...something that would never happen to Superman, and I know for a fact would never happen to the Hulk, he's survived point impact world and universe destroying explosions and walked away unscathed...he's got a healing factor if not close to even better than Wolverine's so even if she does hurt him he heals up and keeps fighting.

Maxima fought Doomsday...did she beat him? Nope...could she have beat him had the fight went longer and Superman not stepped in? I think everyone knows the answer to that. 

Maxima is not a slouch, but her death proved she had limits...has ANYONE ever heard of the Hulk being killed in any battle? *Listens for some idiot to say something smart* 

Fact is Maxima can't beat the Hulk, other than speed  which she's got on him his abilities amplify the second he gets angry, and they continue to grow the more angry he gets, his split personalities makes it impossible for him to succumb to telepathic attacks; he can fight for days on end so it's only going to be a certain amount of time before she tires and he tags her and puts her down, or just outsmarts her all together. 

Bottom line Maxima loses...the Strongest there is...wins.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AssertingValor

Maxima........................................
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Blue Son said:
"

@ebuchanan:

Why is it garbage when he was able to do it? I have to comic book and he did it... 

@god_spawn:

He didn't stalemate Sentry...he knocked him out...he fought Sentry till he was drained of energy and reverted back to his human form and knocked him out, then he powered back up out of rage because Miek impaled Rick Jones, and revealed he intentionally allowed the mass deaths on Sakaar, knowing they were caused by former followers of the Red King and not the Illuminati. The Hulk enraged unwillingly began releasing energy that threatened the Eastern Seaboard,     

Gladiator, Marvel's basic equivalent to Superman, is unbeatable as long as he has his confidence. In the annual, a villain from outer space has disguised himself as the newly discovered son of Bruce Banner. When Gladiator comes to get him, the Hulk, not knowing the boy is an alien, fights Gladiator. The two fight hard against each other until Gladiator uses eye beams and blows a hole in the Hulk's chest, all the way to his heart. With the beams still hitting him, the Hulk walks up to Gladiator and blocks the beams, causing Gladiator to get feedback and collapse. The Hulk throws Gladiator into a nuclear plant, causing him even more pain. He then continues to beat Gladiator up with no resistance.

Hulk beats Thor up in 
Thor #385...the same way Superman's feats are canon (silver age and modern)...the same is done for the Hulk's he still did it.  

@Static Shock: 

You're talking about the same Superman who always had problems with mystical beings right? Captain Marvel who's powered by gods has had the upper hand on him, and this is not saying that Superman is no slouch. And you just proved my argument...if the Hulk can tag Zeus in his own house he's more than a match for a man of steel.

See my argument above about Sentry. 

As far as his strength translating into battle, this battle being against the World Breaker and Maxima people keep forgetting, the Green Scar/World Breaker is the most cunning powerful version of all previous incarnations, because he's an insanely enraged version of the "Gravage Hulk". His rage is at its most focused, due to meditation training by his ally Hiroim. This incarnation has extremely high durability. He has had training in combat arms, including broadswords, spears, and battle shields, and is a capable leader and strategist. Another source of the Green Scar's strength in comparison to other versions was his lack of inner conflict, if not alliance, with Bruce Banner. There were several instances where the Hulk and Banner worked together strategically, such as acting to disable Dr Strange.       

Two things...one Superman is able to move large items because of the thin engery barrier that is around him...so it's easier for him to lift things without crumbling, and yes Maxima has fought Superman...so has Wonder Woman, but has she defeated him on any occasion? Nope.

And yes the Hulk needed a rocket pack to propel him into the asteriod, but the fact is he did smash it with his body and came back unscathed...that's clearly on Superman's level.

Onslaught: Marvel #1 - My brother has this comic book. 

The combined might of the X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four could not even put a scratch in Onslaught's armor. The Hulk asks for a chance and also asks Jean Grey to "turn off" Bruce Banner, bringing out the Savage Hulk. Onslaught and the Hulk fight and Onslaught holds the Hulk down on the ground. The Hulk gets extremely mad and with one punch, cracks Onslaught's armor.    Onslaught didn't "let" him do anything. 

My argument on Maxima's defeat is based on this...

#1 Despite her strength being close to Superman's level, she's fought the man of steel probably staggered him, but she's never defeated him...and her strength and abilities do have limits...there is no limit to the Hulk's abilities once he's enraged...period.

#2 People keep thinking this version of the Hulk is some lumbering ox who just smashes things and he's not, he's a skill hand to hand combatant and strategist, the best parts of the Hulk and Banner combined, so whose to say he's not going to outsmart her?

#3 The proof is in Maxima's death alone...she died in her ship against Brainac's War World...something that would never happen to Superman, and I know for a fact would never happen to the Hulk, he's survived point impact explosions and walked away unscathed...he's got a healing factor if not close to even better than Wolverine's so even if she does hurt him he heals up and keeps fighting.

Maxima fought Doomsday...did she beat him? Nope...could she have beat him had the fight went longer and Superman not stepped in? I think everyone knows the answer to that. 

Maxima is not a slouch, but her death proved she had limits...has ANYONE ever heard of the Hulk being killed in any battle? *Listens for some idiot to say something smart* 

Fact is Maxima can't beat the Hulk, other than speed his abilities amplify the second he gets angry, and the continue to grow the more angry he gets, he can fight for days on end so it's only going to be a certain amount of time before she tires and he tags her and puts her down, or just outsmarts her all together. 

Bottom line Maxima loses...the Strongest there is...wins.

"

Again Hulk stalemated sentry, Banner knocked out Reynolds after both were burnt out but then Rick gets stabbed and he reverts back to Hulk. Hulk beats a weakened Glads. And Hulk beating Thor again is just the writers toning down a character that beats much worse on a lazy day, Hulk is no where near Thor. Hulk shouldnt even be able to tag most of the characters he fights ie ( silver surfer, Gladiator, Sentry, Thor. And no silver age feats for supes are not considered canon, they should only be used when specified by the OP. 

Hulk is not the strongest there is , there was, or there ever will be. He loses to Maxima period.
Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Blue Son
@ebuchanan: 

Damn DC fan boy...HULK...
Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"

You do know that nuclear plant had the same raidation that weakens gladiator, plus once gladiator loses his confidence, he jobs badly
Avatar image for thedarkknight0224
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Maxima can pull this one off. She's not near as fast, not near as versed in Combat as Superman, and she isn't as strong as Superman. I think she gets in close and Hulk does what Hulk does best.  

I also don't think she is as tough as either of them either. Her lack of durability is what got her killed if I am not mistaken..
Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Blue Son
@Death Certificate: 

You DO know that it was done AFTER Gladiator used his eye beams to blast a whole down to Hulk's heart right? And he still walked up to him, grabbed him by his skull and caused feedback before he flung him into the reactors. And the fact that the Hulk was able to break the Gladiator's confidence proves how powerful he is because that is not easy to do.
Avatar image for thedarkknight0224
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no comparison between Superman and Gladiator.. Aside they fly and are strong and have eye beams. Their power levels are worlds apart. That being said WWHulk vs Maxima isn't being fair to Maxima, it's way above her power threshold.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Maxima for the win here
Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Blue Son
@King Saturn: 

You come on here all the time and all you do is pick DC characters for the win with no proof as to why they should win...so now I'm calling you out...what feats has Maxima done that proves she can SOUNDLY defeat the Hulk...who has she BEATEN that proves that she can defeat the Hulk...put up for shut up DC fanboy.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I'd just like to point out how Maxima knocked herself out by pulling a electric pole out of the ground and sparking an explosion during Death of Superman. Granted, it was an extremely low feat.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the darknessss

if hulks at his most angry as stated being wwh version i see this being a good close fight,dc heroes do get sucked off alot here,but really hulk in that enraged state is going to be one hell of a hard thing to put down for good,his levels at the off are super high being wwh version,50/50 fight imo.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock
@Blue Son said:
"@Static Shock: 

Captain Marvel has never had the upper hand on Superman, unless you're referring to alternate versions of both characters. Also, what does Superman having issues with mystical beings have to do with Hulk? My point (if it wasn't clear from the start) was that the Hulk tagging Zeus isn't different from Maxima tagging Superman, in that both Superman and Zeus are high-tier characters with an amazing level of durability.

@Blue Son said:
" See my argument above about Sentry. 
It's already been addressed with the fact that Sentry wasn't blitzing the Hulk at his top speed. 

@Blue Son said:
"As far as his strength translating into battle, this battle being against the World Breaker and Maxima people keep forgetting, the Green Scar/World Breaker is the most cunning powerful version of all previous incarnations, because he's an insanely enraged version of the "Gravage Hulk". His rage is at its most focused, due to meditation training by his ally Hiroim. This incarnation has extremely high durability. He has had training in combat arms, including broadswords, spears, and battle shields, and is a capable leader and strategist. Another source of the Green Scar's strength in comparison to other versions was his lack of inner conflict, if not alliance, with Bruce Banner. There were several instances where the Hulk and Banner worked together strategically, such as acting to disable Dr Strange.       
He may be the most powerful (although he hasn't really done much that exceeds his original Hulk incarnations, anyway), but this doesn't support your assertion that he would reach limitless levels of strength in a fight, when he's never done so. As far as the Hulk being better-trained in combat than his previous incarnations, Maxima, like all Almeracians, is a warrior, too. Her race lives to conquer.

@Blue Son said:
"Two things...one Superman is able to move large items because of the thin engery barrier that is around him...so it's easier for him to lift things without crumbling, and yes Maxima has fought Superman...so has Wonder Woman, but has she defeated him on any occasion? Nope.
Where was it established that Superman has a thin energy barrier that enables him to lift things? Reading a DC universe wiki that anyone can edit doesn't count as evidence (and yes, I read the same thing on the same website).

The fact that Maxima hasn't defeated Superman is besides the point. The fact that she was able to physically contend with him supports the the fact that she can contend with the Hulk. Just because she hasn't defeated Superman doesn't mean that Hulk (who doesn't even have the benefit of Superman's powers) will defeat her. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

@Blue Son said:
"And yes the Hulk needed a rocket pack to propel him into the asteriod, but the fact is he did smash it with his body and came back unscathed...that's clearly on Superman's level.
Yes, he did smash with his body, plus the velocity in which was propelled into the asteroid. It's like a gun shooting the bullet. The power is coming from the gun, not the bullet itself. In this case, the powers is from the machine he used.

@Blue Son said:
"The combined might of the X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four could not even put a scratch in Onslaught's armor. The Hulk asks for a chance and also asks Jean Grey to "turn off" Bruce Banner, bringing out the Savage Hulk. Onslaught and the Hulk fight and Onslaught holds the Hulk down on the ground. The Hulk gets extremely mad and with one punch, cracks Onslaught's armor.    Onslaught didn't "let" him do anything. 

You sure about that? Last time I checked, he allowed the Hulk to do that in order to achieve an energy form/consciousness.

@Blue Son said:
"#1 Despite her strength being close to Superman's level, she's fought the man of steel probably staggered him, but she's never defeated him...and her strength and abilities do have limits...there is no limit to the Hulk's abilities once he's enraged...period.
She's done more than stagger him. She's inflicted physical damage on him, and has even knocked him across certain distances. There's no limit to the Hulk's strength, even though he's never achieved limitless strength before, or in a fight? Ever?   

@Blue Son said:
"#2 People keep thinking this version of the Hulk is some lumbering ox who just smashes things and he's not, he's a skilled hand to hand combatant and strategist, the best parts of the Hulk and Banner combined, so whose to say he's not going to outsmart her?"
Right. He's going to outsmart a skilled warrior like herself with Superman-level physical abilities and telepathic and telekinetic abilities..... 

It's not as simple as you make it seem.

@Blue Son said:
"#3 The proof is in Maxima's death alone...she died in her ship against Brainac's War World...something that would never happen to Superman, and I know for a fact would never happen to the Hulk, he's survived point impact world and universe destroying explosions and walked away unscathed...he's got a healing factor if not close to even better than Wolverine's so even if she does hurt him he heals up and keeps fighting.

So what if would never happen to Superman? She's been able to hurt Superman, also, and at the same time, she's been able to withstand powerful blunt force trauma from him and other people. What makes you think the Hulk could do anything to Maxima if people like Superman and Doomsday can beat on her and still keep fighting? Despite surviving explosions, other powerhouses have been able to hurt the Hulk in battle, either way. 

@Blue Son said:
"Maxima fought Doomsday...did she beat him? Nope...could she have beat him had the fight went longer and Superman not stepped in? I think everyone knows the answer to that.
Refer to what I said about Maxima's ability to contend with powerhouses (Superman for example). Asking if she's actually beaten Doomsday (when she was doing just fine on her own, and was actually gaining the upper hand) means that you're deliberately missing the point. 

@Blue Son said:
"Maxima is not a slouch, but her death proved she had limits...has ANYONE ever heard of the Hulk being killed in any battle? *Listens for some idiot to say something smart*  "
You fail to understand that Maxima wasn't killed in a physical battle, and your attempt to use the WarWorld incident to support Hulk's ability to kill her isn't really working.

If the way she was killed meant anything, why was Doomsday unable to kill her with his bare hands?

@Blue Son said:
"Fact is Maxima can't beat the Hulk
The fact you think the Hulk can beat her is based on subjectivity. Not fact.