• 183 results
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#151  Edited By Saren

Maxima. All of Diana's powers and then some.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By terry2012
@Static Shock: who was the that doomsday punch away. 
TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By TAneT62

DIANA, WW ALL THE WAY, FASTER MORE DURABLE AND STRONGER THAN MAXIMA"/ maxima doesn't have the feats ww dows well only the doomsday one which is irrelevent"/ WW

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#154  Edited By Stronger

I much as I would like to say that Wonder Woman destroys her,Maxima has done better with Doomsday and Superman.

(PLEASE SOMEONE PROVE ME WRONG)

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its seems without PIS Maxima should take this if using all her abilities.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Stronger said:

I much as I would like to say that Wonder Woman destroys her,Maxima has done better with Doomsday and Superman.

Really tired of that. Maxima hit DD and knocked him away, but in the same comic she got taken out by a regular explosion.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By termiteone4ever

YOu know i dont know how come i never see these fighting in comics . BUt Maxima should have the edge here

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Stronger

@Evil Incarnate said:

@Stronger said:

Really tired of that. Maxima hit DD and knocked him away, but in the same comic she got taken out by a regular explosion.

OK you convinced me!

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By jeanroygrant

Maxima...i think?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#160  Edited By HolySerpent

Maxima.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By TAneT62

I think Maxima is shown to be more powerful is because she never holds back .. wheareas WW does in most fights ... But when the fight is getting out of hand, then she'll take down maxima.

TheVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By TheVision

Maxima

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ww

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima stomps.

Ceralyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a WW fan, so I guess it's no surprise that I vote WW.

This would be such an interesting fight, though. Everyone wants to keep listing all their powers (which we already know). But I don't think that's going to be the deciding factor. We've seen many times that the one with the most powers does not always win. This fight would be particularly interesting because they both have two things: strength and skill.

Their other powers and skills/weapons are useful, but doesn't necessarily guarantee either as victor. As such, the heaviest factors will be their own experience/feats as well as our personal opinion as fans. A lot more is known of WW, so by default we have so many more spectacular feats to reference: catching and stopping a meteorite, keeping up with Jesse Quick, moving a nuclear missile and being unharmed by the explosion, beating up Power Girl, losing her powers and still kicking butt (even still fast enough to block a bullet while beating up a mob), fighting completely blind, blocking Omega Beams with her bracelets, and even being faster than Superman in a fight (although that's reaction time, not raw speed, so I think Maxima as a trained warrior would also react faster than Superman).

How many times does she face Ares? Hello, she fights gods! She is one of the first members of the Justice League so she has a lot of experience facing strong opponents who want to kill her. While it's possible that Maxima has had more than a few impressive fights and feats, we don't get to see too much.

No one has mentioned any valid reason why Maxima would beat Wonder Woman, and the continually repeated argument about Doomsday doesn't prove much at all. I thought they both sucked against him. Maxima sucker punches him from behind - which I won't discount because everything goes in a fight against Doomsday. Her showing against Doomsday was poor, yet Diana has proven she can be sneaky too, such as when she sneaks up on Superman and makes his ears bleed. I'm not saying the Doomsday fights should be discounted, but by itself, it cannot be used as a measuring stick for how they would fare against each other. This is between WW and Maxima, and I think if we look at everything we know about them, the most likely result is a win for Wonder Woman.

I'm not saying this would be an easy fight - it wouldn't be. I can see it being close, but ultimately WW takes it in my book.

Another point to add: WW is one of the Big Three. As the most iconic heroes, the writers have them facing all sorts of huge challenges and pretty much coming out on top through them all with some exceptions, of course. They're supposed to defeat opponents stronger than them; it's what they do. If WW is facing Darkseid by herself, I would say she loses. But Maxima? I imagine the writers would have her a little beat up to make it fun and suspenseful, but still victorious.

I think this would be such an interesting fight to see in animation. I remember the fight scene with Wonder Woman and Big Barda vs the furies in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse as being one of the best animated DC fight scenes, especially because it has to do more with skill than raw power. (Other than that, the movie was rather lacking, lol.)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

bump

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wonder Woman's stronger by a bit. Possibly faster and a better fighter. She wins despite Max being more versatile.

Then they have a baby together.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman's stronger by a bit. Possibly faster and a better fighter. She wins despite Max being more versatile.

Then they have a baby together.

I like the way you think.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

What are some of Maxima's feats. Her skill set should win it for her

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Moonman78

@sog7dc:

She doesn't have a lot blame DC she's an awsome character but the ones she does have are great. First off I'd say she's probably much more stronger than Diana, more durabile for sure tho. Big thing is this she has awsome tp, and better tk than jean grey and manhunter and possibly Xavier. She has pyrokenisis wraped up, and magnetokenis as well. She has proven she can easily own superman. So she should leave Diana as road kill. In a comic written it would probably be a good fight but maxima should beat her always.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Moonman78

@tifalockhart:

Maxima did better against dd and supes, I'd say yeah she's stronger

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart:

Maxima did better against dd and supes, I'd say yeah she's stronger

I doubt she's stronger, Wonder Woman has better feats of raw strength and she's fought Superman on worse terms than Maxima ever has. She barely even dented Doomsday and was only able to last cus she was being backed up by Superman before getting knocked out, that and it was DD's first showing. Wonder Woman has better reaction speed feats, skill, perhaps even durability and she is nearly immune to Maxima's telepathy due to her Athena amp. The only reason Maxima could win is due to her comparable stats, versatility and teleportation. She could BFR Wonder Woman but after she learns she can't handle her physically, mentally or even with telekinesis, she will probably have to BFR her to another planet ftw. Besides the fact that you barely know enough to actually formulate an actual argument of your own, take this as you will.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By TifaLockhart

@moonman78: Um, no. Maxima is no pushover it is true, but she only challenges Superman. The Last Son of Krypton slapped her unconscious in one hit.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Maxima should win easily

Considering she has

• Astral Projection
  • Blast Power
  • Duplication
  • Empathy
  • Flight
  • Force Field
  • Heat Vision
  • Hypnosis
  • Illusion Casting
  • Invulnerability
  • Levitation
  • Mesmerize
  • Possession
  • Psionic
  • Psychic
  • Super Speed
  • Super Strength
  • Telekinesis
  • Telepathy
  • Teleportation

More powers equal skill. It wouldn't even matter if WW was stronger than Maxima (which of course she's Not), maxima can hit her with PSI bolts from afar or TK that strikes as hard as Dianna.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Moonman78

@tifalockhart:

Of course if superman goes out for it she can't beat him physically but as you said she can challenge him and her numerous other powers would give her the win. She has proven she can easily mind rape him, and that's not all.

Maxima is a very powerful character DC comics should put more into her instead of letting her be a side show.

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

No, I could never know enough.. And anyway calm down it was only a single post don't get your panties in a bunch. Maxima held like half a planet together with her tk, she can use it like magneto if she wants this alone is good enough to defeat ww. And she lasted longer than diana did against dd for sure, and that was purely a physical fight. Also don't act like Diana hasn't been mentally controlled since the upgrade, cause she has. Not saying maxima would but she doesn't need to she has way too many options on her hands.

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@moonman78: Um, no. Maxima is no pushover it is true, but she only challenges Superman. The Last Son of Krypton slapped her unconscious in one hit.

Which was an outlier, and one where Superman was being helped by the Eradicator. That being said, should we talk about Wonder Woman's low showings against Superman next?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By TifaLockhart

@switchdoctor: point taken. I need to read more Maxima. She's a cool character.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

No, I could never know enough.. And anyway calm down it was only a single post don't get your panties in a bunch. Maxima held like half a planet together with her tk, she can use it like magneto if she wants this alone is good enough to defeat ww. And she lasted longer than diana did against dd for sure, and that was purely a physical fight. Also don't act like Diana hasn't been mentally controlled since the upgrade, cause she has. Not saying maxima would but she doesn't need to she has way too many options on her hands.

You yourself said you can't use feats like that. You said yourself:

"In boxing and UFC, and pretty much any kind of fighting the fighters are ranked not by how fast there supposed to be, how strong or tough there supposed to be but by the number of fights they have won and the people they have beaten, and who the people they beat have beaten. This is how u rank fighters it's all about who u beat and who they beat, not speculation."

According to you, Maxima has no "battle feats". Her holding half a planet together with her tk, her using it like Magneto, her lasting longer against DD, these are all invalid according to your logic.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: I really liked your scans! While I do feel that WW's fighting skills are good enough to to allow some wins in a strictly physical confrontation, in an out & out battle, I still favor Maxima.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a1bde175a
deactivated-6075a1bde175a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman would take the victory in a DC fight due to her being DC's main Female superhero and the most popular female warrior.

Maxima would take the victory in a fan or comicvine fight due to having more superior feats than Wonder Woman.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#182 Ouroborik  Online

Wonder Woman would take the victory in a DC fight due to her being DC's main Female superhero and the most popular female warrior.

Maxima would take the victory in a fan or comicvine fight due to having more superior feats than Wonder Woman.

Why would you bump this after seven years?

And no, Maxima doesn't have more impressive feats other than telepathy.

Maxima was impressive when she debuted but she ceased evolving and was killed off in 2001. By the time she died Superman was shown to be all around superior (once again, excluding telepathy). And Wonder Woman was holding her own against that Superman just a couple of issues after Maxima's death.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a1bde175a
deactivated-6075a1bde175a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: Well idk why I bumped this thread, and yes Maxima doesn't have that many feats that are wayy aboves ww's unless its her using telepathy, having a better chance of beating superman or her punching doomsday.