• 180 results
#1 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

On the spot fight. They both have any normal gear. Who wins?

#2 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it wasn't on the Re-Cap

#3 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, did you Methos?

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223839 posts) - - Show Bio

White Phantom says:

"On the spot fight. They both have any normal gear. Who wins?"

OH NO ! What did my Car do to you to deserve battle with Diana ? LOL

#5 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"White Phantom says:

OH NO ! What did my Car do to you to deserve battle with Diana ? LOL"

Your...car...has a connection with you. That's reason enough.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223839 posts) - - Show Bio

White Phantom says:

"King Saturn says:
"White Phantom says:
OH NO ! What did my Car do to you to deserve battle with Diana ? LOL"
Your...*car*...has a connection with you. That's reason enough."

Okay... I guess the joke went over your head. Maxima is a type of car. It happens to be the type of car that I drive. Thats the connection. ( I drive a Maxima )

#7 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman FTW!

#8 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

maxima she faired far better against doomsday
#9 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" maxima she faired far better against doomsday "
Did she use her telepathy on him? If so, that wouldn't be a good point since Wonder Woman is immune to it.
#10 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@EpitomeofCool: No. She knocked him around with her physical strength, something that Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter failed to do. Also, Wonder Woman has only shown to be immune to mind control, IIRC. Doesn't mean she can resist other forms of telepathy, since they are all different and have different effects.

Let's not forget Superman.

#11 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @EpitomeofCool: No. She knocked him around with her physical strength, something that Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter failed to do. Also, Wonder Woman has only shown to be immune to mind control, IIRC. Doesn't mean she can resist other forms of telepathy, since they are all different and have different effects.

"
To be fair, Wonder Woman has punched Supes around too. He usually has the upper hand in his fights against Wonder Woman, but she does make it hard on him. Also, Athena's Sight extends to seeing past illusions also. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure it does protect her from most telepathic uses. 
#12 Posted by BattleMage (1128 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @EpitomeofCool: No. She knocked him around with her physical strength, something that Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter failed to do. Also, Wonder Woman has only shown to be immune to mind control, IIRC. Doesn't mean she can resist other forms of telepathy, since they are all different and have different effects.

"

Maxima 6/10

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: I know, but some people don't know how strong Maxima is. So, I had to post her showings against Superman, as well. Also, other than illusions and mind control, what other forms of telepathy does it protect her from? Just asking, because Max Lord was able to mindwipe his existence from everyone's mind (including Wonder Woman, which was shown on panel), except for the JLI members, recently.
#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I also remember Maxima using mind control on her before, but it was probably before she acquired Athena's sight.

#15 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Silver2467: I know, but some people don't know how strong Maxima is. So, I had to post her showings against Superman, as well. Also, other than illusions and mind control, what other forms of telepathy does it protect her from? Just asking, because Max Lord was able to mindwipe his existence from everyone's mind (including Wonder Woman, which was shown on panel), except for the JLI members, recently. "
Fair enough.  

As to telepathy, the fact that he was able to remove his memories from everyone on the planet doesn't make sense. He's never been much of a full on telepath. He's always been more on just simple mind control. Not to mention, there are a lot of telepaths that should be able to resist that anyway. It doesn't make sense. 
#16 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" I also remember Maxima using mind control on her before, but it was probably before she acquired Athena's sight. "
It was. 
#17 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" As to telepathy, the fact that he was able to remove his memories from everyone on the planet doesn't make sense. He's never been much of a full on telepath. He's always been more on just simple mind control. Not to mention, there are a lot of telepaths that should be able to resist that anyway. It doesn't make sense.  "
Skeets explained how he was able to do it. He was using it to a Herculean limit, and it appears he was hurting himself in a certain way to power-up his telepathy. So, even if he wasn't able to do such a thing before, he's able to do it now.
#18 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" As to telepathy, the fact that he was able to remove his memories from everyone on the planet doesn't make sense. He's never been much of a full on telepath. He's always been more on just simple mind control. Not to mention, there are a lot of telepaths that should be able to resist that anyway. It doesn't make sense.  "
Skeets explained how he was able to do it. He was using it to a Herculean limit, and it appears he was hurting himself in a certain way to power-up his telepathy. So, even if he wasn't able to do such a thing before, he's able to do it now. "
How though? Really? That doesn't make sense, and again, there a number of telepaths who shouldn't be so easy to mind wipe anyway. It's just not feasible for Lord to pull that off. I could almost see him mind controlling vast amounts of people, even as far away as the other side of the planet, but I can't see him removing memories from everyone (since he became very well known when Wonder Woman was put on trial), including telepaths. 
#19 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Doesn't really matter how. Even if the explanation is 'half-assed,' it happened. Besides, even when he first acquired his telepathy, he didn't have very many showings, and never used his telepathy to its limits until recently. So, I'm not sure how it isn't feasible, and even then, his telepathy may have still been developing at the time he first started using it. I can see telepaths resisting that attack if they were aware of it and ready to resist it. But, they weren't, and the attack took effect while everyone on Earth (minus JLI) was oblivious to it.
#20 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: I can respect what you're saying, but to me, that just seems too convenient. As for him having telepathy, I don't remember him ever being associated with full on telepathy, so much as specific mind control. Now the part about telepaths resisting it, somehow I doubt if someone all of a sudden, without warning, tried to invade the mind of a powerful telepath that they'd succeed. Formidable telepaths have formidable telepathic shields. They shouldn't be that easy to invade, even if they aren't expecting anything. 
#21 Posted by slacker the hacker (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

Close fight Wonder takes it
#22 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxima wins this.

#23 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" Maxima wins this. "
I may agree with this simply on the grounds of versatility. If it were on speed, strength, or durability, Wonder Woman has better feats (aside from that one feat of standing up to Doomsday).
#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Even if he wasn't associated with full-on telepathy then, he's found ways to do so now, and before that, he may not have been using the limit of his abilities. It may also have something to do with his recent stint as Black Lantern (since that still seems to affect the heroes that were resurrected during that event). Also, as far as invading the mind of a telepath, they can be caught off guard if they aren't suspecting it. I remember Martian Manhunter having his mind invaded with a telepathic attack by Despero (and it nearly killed J'onn), and he wasn't ready for it, at all. They can have shields, but the shields don't really mean much if they aren't expecting an attack.
#25 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxima is a cut above WW.

#26 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Silver2467: Even if he wasn't associated with full-on telepathy then, he's found ways to do so now, and before that, he may not have been using the limit of his abilities. It may also have something to do with his recent stint as Black Lantern (since that still seems to affect the heroes that were resurrected during that event). Also, as far as invading the mind of a telepath, they can be caught off guard if they aren't suspecting it. I remember Martian Manhunter having his mind invaded with a telepathic attack by Despero (and it nearly killed J'onn), and he wasn't ready for it, at all. They can have shields, but the shields don't really mean much if they aren't expecting an attack. "
To be fair though, it pains me to say it, but I think Despero is just as, if not more powerful than the Martian in telepathy. I can accept examples, but if it's a telepath as powerful as Despero, I don't think it's really a low showing on the part of the Martian, so much as it is a good showing on the part of Despero. 

As to your fist point, I guess I can agree with that. I don't mean to keep making excuses for Wonder Woman, but if he can wipe the memories of everyone on the planet, including powerful telepaths, once again, I don't think it's a low showing on Wonder Woman's resistances, so much as it is a good showing on the part of Lord. Athena's sight is mental resistance, not immunity. Now that said, Maxima may be able to affect her, but I kinda doubt it. I still have some doubts about Lord's planetary mind wipe. 
#27 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I am very sure Wonder Woman takes this.

I don't think Maxima would use her mind powers on Wonder Woman because she is the type that wants to prove she is better in a fight... I think she wil make more mistakes than Wonder Woman and I don't think she is nearly as good a fighter. (Thats my opinon) In the Doomsday story Maxima did not seem like a calculated intelligent fighter.... she seemed a little to anxious to display her powers.

If Maxima is going to beat Wonder Woman its not going to be because of what you see her doing to doomsday.... Its going to be because she was able to use mind powers on WW

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:
 I don't think Maxima would use her mind powers on Wonder Woman because she is the type that wants to prove she is better in a fight...
That's not a very good assumption to make. She'll do whatever it takes to win.
#29 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:
 In the Doomsday story Maxima did not seem like a calculated intelligent fighter.... she seemed a little to anxious to display her powers.
This doesn't make sense, either. Considering Doomsday's abilities, you would have to be calculated and intelligent to fight him (and it was purely physical). Sure, he's a mindless freak, but still a smart and formidable opponent, and quite dangerous. He's not some cakewalk. Besides, Wonder Woman couldn't do any better.
#30 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:
" I am very sure Wonder Woman takes this.   I don't think Maxima would use her mind powers on Wonder Woman because she is the type that wants to prove she is better in a fight... I think she wil make more mistakes than Wonder Woman and I don't think she is nearly as good a fighter. (Thats my opinon) In the Doomsday story Maxima did not seem like a calculated intelligent fighter.... she seemed a little to anxious to display her powers. If Maxima is going to beat Wonder Woman its not going to be because of what you see her doing to doomsday.... Its going to be because she was able to use mind powers on WW "
1. No, she's not. She's the ruthless type who will use any and all abilities at her disposal to win a fight. 
2. She is the Emperess of a warrior people, which speaks to her fighting abilities right there.  
3. Powers which were sufficient enough to take on Doomsday by herself, a feat that Diana has never pulled off.  
4. No, it's going to be because she is an all-around more powerful character who was able to take on Doomsday. The psionic abilities definitely help her pull the win, but without them, she still has a pretty good chance of winning.
#31 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Don't waste your time. WDW's a Wonder Woman fanboy/girl (I'm not sure which, and I don't really care anyway).  

On a sidenote though, aside from that one Doomsday fight, Wonder Woman has better strength, speed, and durability feats. I do agree that Maxima wins though, but to be honest, I would say Wonder Woman is probably the better fighter. Maxima more powers though, even though Wonder Woman recently gained a magic lightning ability. Wonder Woman could put up a fight, but she'd be overwhelmed. 
#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Forgot about her ferrokinesis. She could manipulate her aegis bracelets, and make Wonder Woman hit herself. LOL.

#33 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Despero probably is more powerful than J'onn. But, it was just an example. I guess we can agree to disagree on the Max Lord issue, though.
#34 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  Fair enough. Just to make something clear, I wasn't trying to make a case for Wonder Woman. I still say Maxima takes this, but I was just questioning the validity of telepathy's affect on her. 
#35 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: OK. Fair enough.
#36 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @WDW said:

In the Doomsday story Maxima did not seem like a calculated intelligent fighter.... she seemed a little to anxious to display her powers.

This doesn't make sense, either. Considering Doomsday's abilities, you would have to be calculated and intelligent to fight him (and it was purely physical). Sure, he's a mindless freak, but still a smart and formidable opponent, and quite dangerous. He's not some cakewalk. Besides, Wonder Woman couldn't do any better. "

What I am saying is Maxima could beat Wonder Woman if she could control her with her mind powers...which would be extremely boring and unsatisfying but none the less it could be done I guess. But I think Maxima Would try to proof that she is superior to WW and not use them upfront basically her pride would get the better of her a weakness WW does not have.... but that's my opinion and I am not using that as a case for WW

I doubt Maxima is going to beat Wonder Woman with her fighting abilities.  But if others think that as the case then so be it.... Maxima is also a trained Warrior so Maxima out fighting WW to me is believable (but I think highly unlikely) and we don't entirely know what Maxima is capable of(or maybe we do).  I haven't see Maxima in any prolonged fights where she is truly TESTED like Wonder Woman has been.

I don't think physical strength will have anything to do with who would win since both are pretty much in the same category. I know Wonder Woman is faster than Superman in combat based on evidence (Maxima could be too since she is trained) and I know Wonder Woman is an extraordinary combatant with powerful weapons.

As far as the Doomsday fight goes...Maxima is more direct and willing to KILL. She will unleash everything she got with little provocation That, in my opinion is why it seems Maxima is so powerful with regard to Doomsday.  Wonder Woman (and I hate this about her sometimes) mostly tries to find a way to subdue using non lethal force and she thinks too much in the beginning of fights. Wonder Woman sometimes cares way too much and it effects her destructive abilities... If Artemis had WWs powers and skills... the DCU would be a lot more bloody LOL

Anyway

Maxima Punching Doomsday through a window is hardly as impressive a feat as Wonder Woman Holding her own against Amazo with Green Lanters, Supermans, Wonder Womans and others powers.

Others may disagree but I am giving this fight to Wonder Woman

#37 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

" @WDW said:

" I am very sure Wonder Woman takes this.   I don't think Maxima would use her mind powers on Wonder Woman because she is the type that wants to prove she is better in a fight... I think she wil make more mistakes than Wonder Woman and I don't think she is nearly as good a fighter. (Thats my opinon) In the Doomsday story Maxima did not seem like a calculated intelligent fighter.... she seemed a little to anxious to display her powers. If Maxima is going to beat Wonder Woman its not going to be because of what you see her doing to doomsday.... Its going to be because she was able to use mind powers on WW "

1. No, she's not. She's the ruthless type who will use any and all abilities at her disposal to win a fight. 2. She is the Emperess of a warrior people, which speaks to her fighting abilities right there.  3. Powers which were sufficient enough to take on Doomsday by herself, a feat that Diana has never pulled off.  4. No, it's going to be because she is an all-around more powerful character who was able to take on Doomsday. The psionic abilities definitely help her pull the win, but without them, she still has a pretty good chance of winning. "
I think you are overrating the Doomsday fight.  Maxima did not "take on Doomsday" she only hit him twice (thats what we saw).... most of her fight with Doomsday was off Panel so we have no idea what she was doing in that time. Sure when we do see her again her clothes are tattered but that could have meant anything. 

Maximas weapons and powers allow her to defend longer and slow Doomsday down (she has ranged attacks and shields) but it really says nothing about how she would fight against Diana since Doomsday and Wonder Woman are quite different.  

Wonder Woman was the only one that could stand up to Amazo after he took out the entire justice league. At the time Amazo had Supermans powers Green Lanters Powers and Her own Powers among others. But I would not say because of this wonder woman can beat Green Lantern. That is kind of what you are saying with Maxima standing up to Doomsday.(and again we did not really see her doing it)

I also  just did some research and Maxima's mind control only works if she is in range of her opponent and she must maintain eye contact from what I have seen.... Kind of like a Jedi Mind trick.... I dont think it would be useful in battle but thats my opinion. Also Wonder Woman can fight completely blind and is probably resistant to her mind control anyway since she has Athenas Sight so mind control would be a non factor. Maxima's pisonic blasts can be blocked with WW bracelets 

Wonder Woman also uses Divine lightning from zeus as a weapon so thats another thing against Maxima.

Not saying Maxima can't win but the battle would come down to a straight up hand to hand weapon on weapon fight.... and Wonder Woman is kind of known to be the best in that department.
#38 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for clarifying, however....

@WDW said:

Maxima Punching Doomsday through a window is hardly as impressive a feat as Wonder Woman Holding her own against Amazo with Green Lanters, Supermans, Wonder Womans and others powers. 
The fight between Maxima and Doomsday was more than just that. The very beginning, she clocks him one. While that goes on, Superman is busy with something else. Then, the book focuses on her again, and it appears of they had went the distance because Maxima's clothes were tattered (so they obviously fought extensively off-panel for her clothes to be torn). After that, she knocks him threw a window. 

However, even if the fight might have been short, most other heroes didn't even last as long as she did.
#39 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

ww is a better all round warrior i think in terms of thinking/working out a battle,but in a slug fest im with maxima for just sheer hitting out and taking shots.
#40 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" Thanks for clarifying, however....

@WDW said:
The fight between Maxima and Doomsday was more than just that. The very beginning, she clocks him one. While that goes on, Superman is busy with something else. Then, the book focuses on her again, and it appears of they had went the distance because Maxima's clothes were tattered (so they obviously fought extensively off-panel for her clothes to be torn). After that, she knocks him threw a window.   However, even if the fight might have been short, most other heroes didn't even last as long as she did. "
I am not comfortable assuming she beats wonder woman or is a better fighter than wonder woman because she seemed to have lasted longer than Doomsday....And we also don't know how she did it. For all we know Doomsday could have had the better of her off panel or she could have had her Force Shield up the whole time. If I actually saw her doing something other than hitting Doomsday twice I would agree that you guys have something.

Maximas weapons and powers allow her to defend longer and slow Doomsday down (she has ranged attacks and shields) but it really says nothing about how she would fight against Diana since Doomsday and Wonder Woman are quite different. 

Wonder Woman stood up to Amazo longer than anyone because she was equipped too not because she is more powerful than Superman or Green Lantern. I would not say that just because she lasted longer against Amazo than Green Lantern that she can beat Green Lantern.

Same applyes with Maxima Vs Doomsday Vs Wonder Woman.  We know certain facts about Wonder Woman that I would argue make her showing with doomsday to be a little (PIS) but I am not even going to get into that discussion.

Not saying Maxima can't win But using Doomsday as an example as to why she beats Wonder Woman.... I don't buy that. I would use that example to only make the assumption that Maxima is quite strong and durable.
#41 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxima.

#42 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

WW. Maxima's a chump...uh, chumpette

#43 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
" WW. Maxima's a chump...uh, chumpette "
Are you kidding me? Maxima wins this.
#44 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

Are you kidding me? Maxima wins this. "
I am not kidding you. I was just recently reading Sacrifice or whatever, and Wonder Woman was holding her own against a bloodlusted Superman pretty well (granted, he snapped her wrist easily). Plus in Death of Superman, I remember Maxima going down after ripping a pole out and causing an explosion. So she's not very bright, and extremely arrogant if I remember. I think WW would definitely whoop her
#45 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch: Being taken out by explosion is a low showing. She's taken worse and still regained consciousness.

Also, calling Maxima a chump is an understatement, especially when she was able to fight a being that Wonder Woman was unable to contend with.
#46 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

I am not kidding you. I was just recently reading Sacrifice or whatever, and Wonder Woman was holding her own against a bloodlusted Superman pretty well (granted, he snapped her wrist easily). Plus in Death of Superman, I remember Maxima going down after ripping a pole out and causing an explosion. So she's not very bright, and extremely arrogant if I remember. I think WW would definitely whoop her "
Wonder Woman really didn't do all that well against him. In fact, he knocked her unconscious. She regained consciousness because she fell through the atmosphere. She didn't do well at all. She hit him and ran. Yes, she was holding back while Supes was going all out, but you can't say that Wonder Woman was doing well in that.  
#47 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

I am not kidding you. I was just recently reading Sacrifice or whatever, and Wonder Woman was holding her own against a bloodlusted Superman pretty well (granted, he snapped her wrist easily). Plus in Death of Superman, I remember Maxima going down after ripping a pole out and causing an explosion. So she's not very bright, and extremely arrogant if I remember. I think WW would definitely whoop her "
Considering that fact that Maxima has traded blows with Doomsday, something that not even Wonder Woman was able to do, I think that you might be under-estimating her. I don't recall the explosion, but I'm calling WIS or PIS, not because I love the character, but because she has invulnerability on par with Superman's due to her Almeracian physiology, so an explosion should not take her out. I'll give you the arrogant thing, but she's the Empress, you have to expect a certain degree of arrogance and in her case, I'd say that it's more confidence than arrogance, she has proven herself and has faith in her abilities. 
#48 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

What does chump mean?
#49 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: The only thing I can get out of the fight between her and Superman is that she was able to survive and somewhat contend with a bloodlusted version of himself that was tailored to kill Doomsday. But, you're right. She didn't do that well. There was another fight she had with a bloodlusted Superman (brainwashed by Circe) that was more intense.
#50 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: She's lost to him more times than he has her though. But that's beside the point.