• 123 results
mikemaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikemaximum

Random encounter at a barn. Most powerful version of Maxima (if any) and current version of Magik. Who wins?

X-Men Legacy #270
X-Men Legacy #270
Maxima by Chris Batista
Maxima by Chris Batista
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dextersinister

Magik is incredibly powerful even without the phoenix. She can teleport people against there will and would be willing to port someone into the sun.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all Maxima can survive in space. Second of all what is stoping Maxima from using the iron in that's in Magik's body at a molecular level. Third of all Magik can't not get pass Maxima forcefields they even kept out Power girl. And what is stoping her from using her tk on her to like break her bones or something like that since it is so powerful. Or she can use her Tp to lobotomize like she did Brainwave with a one shot and he has high tp resistance than Magik's

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ssj_god

what're the exact feats of '20% phoenix'? this is so dumb...

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima .. She's basically a human looking ( I said looking) female Martian manhunter superman and GL with a littl bit of captain atom combined until proven other wishe she takes this with mid difficulyy

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can Magik pull her into Limbo?

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chiq

@kasya said:

First of all Maxima can survive in space. Second of all what is stoping Maxima from using the iron in that's in Magik's body at a molecular level. Third of all Magik can't not get pass Maxima forcefields they even kept out Power girl. And what is stoping her from using her tk on her to like break her bones or something like that since it is so powerful. Or she can use her Tp to lobotomize like she did Brainwave with a one shot and he has high tp resistance than Magik's

@xxxcarzellxxx said:

Maxima .. She's basically a human looking ( I said looking) female Martian manhunter superman and GL with a littl bit of captain atom combined until proven other wishe she takes this with mid difficulyy

Magik can do all of those things listed and a whole lot more. She has more raw power and a better teleporter. Her demon armies can mimic Maxima's powers. (they copied Silver surfer's powers)

At her best, she's a Sorcerer Supreme and Hell Lord. She's basically a reality warper. She's beaten characters way more powerful then Maxima.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: Maxima is nowhere near human she's an alien and a better teleporter uh I dont think so She she teleported her Sazu who was distant planets away . I never heard of Magik using tk at a molecular dont get me wrong I know she's stong but tk no. Maxima tp is so powerful she one-shotted Orion who race is supposed to be immune or have high resistance. and that's just half of Maxima powers.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chiq

@kasya said:

@chiq: Maxima is nowhere near human she's an alien and a better teleporter uh I dont think so She she teleported her Sazu who was distant planets away . I never heard of Magik using tk at a molecular dont get me wrong I know she's stong but tk no. Maxima tp is so powerful she one-shotted Orion who race is supposed to be immune or have high resistance. and that's just half of Maxima powers.

I know what Maxima can do and i know she's a powerhouse. Never said she was human either. Magik can teleport anywhere in time and space and different realities and dimensions. She can transmute matter , manipulate souls, different forms of energy, turn invisible, etc.... she has all sorts of spells. She has one-shotted Dormammu, Juggernaut, she's beaten Doc Strange, Mephisto, Belasco,other demon lords , etc... Hela, Satanish and Black heart fear her power. All these feats are w/o the Phoenix force

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik stomp, she is already a powerful hell lord and with the Phoenix she stomps, one point in AVX is that even small fractions of the Phoenix can stomp just about everybody on Earth with superpowers.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq said:

@kasya said:

I know what Maxima can do and i know she's a powerhouse. Never said she was human either. Magik can teleport anywhere in time and space and different realities and dimensions. She can transmute matter , manipulate souls, different forms of energy, turn invisible, etc.... she has all sorts of spells. She has one-shotted Dormammu, Juggernaut, she's beaten Doc Strange, Mephisto, Belasco,other demon lords , etc... Hela, Satanish and Black heart fear her power. All these feats are w/o the Phoenix force

Those are people from the Marvel Universe first of all. You have not mentioned powerhouses in the Dc universe Maxima has beat. Maxima can do the same with her teleportation, but I don't know about time. She can do the same with matter and energy and like you said, "etc....". What's stopping her from getting blitz by Maxima. Whats stopping Maxima from using the EM field to the brain like Magento did to DARK PHOENIX and killed her.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya:

Neither is Thor,or the Phoenix for that matter but I still don't understand how that point is relevant. The Phoenix would have stomped DC characters just as hard regardless of their planet of origin.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@chiq said:

She defeated Dormammu during Uncanny X-Men written by Bendis. Given the same writer made Dormammu struggle with the likes of the New Avengers before( Dormammu while still coming to this dimension) and being damaged by Cyclops on the same story that Magik beat him. I don't take that as valid.

He also made Dormammu totally OOC by begging Magik to not kill him, despite:

1- He already ''died'' before and even said he doesn't fear to that happen again( The guy try to go suicide bomb on Eternity to kill them both, so he doesn't matter to ''die'').

2- Dormammu can't die as he already returned before and was stated on panel by Dormmy himself:

No Caption Provided

Even more considering the other stupidness he have done in relation to Dr.Strange and other comics. Most of the users here think he have no credibility, and so do I.

As far I remember the other demons only feared her because of the amulet with the power from the Elder Gods and not by herself.

And IIRC she only beat Strange on Limbo.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laylah: You tell him girl(: Now Back to Him even if his body is killed he can live as mystic energy. He basically immortal. As it was stated on his bio page and I quote "Dormammu is absolutely more powerful than Mephisto, Satannish, Hela, Pluto and Hellstorm. He claimed Odin as being his rival, and even said he would burn the Celestials on the Flames of the Faltine." and I just don't see Magik living up to that potential especially Hela she share the second most powerful Asgardian with Thor other than Odin. Magik can't beat Dormammu what makes you think she can defeat his son. This battle is a close one Maxima has he advantage with speed, strength, Telepath that so strong that she can even attack immune people, Hypnosis that she used one Wonder Woman who can easily fight this, Tk at a molecular level, Teleportation she can teleport you just by thinking of you and you could be planets away and even dimensions except time. Magik has the advantage with a little part of the Phoenix and the Phoenix can do Hell even with a small part but you won't be that powerful tho. Her other option is the armor if she lets Maxima use her tk on it. The soul sword if it even touches Maxima since she has speeds that rivals Superman and soul sword only can harm people that is magical but that not stopping her from cutting and stabbing at her.. Her teleportation is great expect both of them have differences with it and thats Magik time but I'm pretty she won't use it before she get Blitz. Magik teleportation is like Blink she needs portals. This could go either way but I can say Maxima weakness is gas explosions and Magik weakness is not going to Limbo with teleportation and Magic and if she tries to teleport Maxima, Maxima can easily teleport back.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@kasya:

If Maxima can't teleport through time and dimensions she won't be back if Magik displaces her in either.

Magik has the Phoenix here, Maxima is not a threat at all. Smaller portions of the Phoenix than the P5 had can create suns and bust solar systems. The amount of Phoenix that a firefly can contain can withstand and negate the effects of an event horizon and freeze time.

deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya: :)

Oh! That was my edit on his bio.

Anyway, I just don't agree with some feats from Magik posted here and they're also disrespecting certain characters.

Magik is a terrible creation too, but that is my opinion.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kasya

@lordofallhumans: She can't teleport through time the other yes. Am I am aware of what the phoenix can do, but Magneto killed dark Phoenix with a EM whats stopping her from using it her the 20% Phoenix.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laylah: Let me get this straight, you get to pick which feats are valid since you don't like the character. ok...seems fair.

Magik has produced high end feats under different writers, so stop acting like her good feats under bendis are out of character. In the orignal new mutants run, she was destined to either destroy or save the world during inferno.

The core concept of the character is that she is an all powerful hell lord. A quote from the new Inferno tie in secret wars: Hopeless tells Newsarama. “On the flip side of that, Illyana has been living all these years as Darkchylde, the all-evil all-powerful badass ruler of the Inferno. That little girl lost routine was a lifetime ago and her brother’s noble quest is laughable.” She is the all powerful ruler of Limbo.

Dormammu vs Magik isn't firelord vs spider man. Dormammu followed Magik into battle vs Archenemy.

Nope, they feared her own power not just her Amulet. Hela says her powers are formidable while Black heart comments that Magik is becoming a cause for concern which Stannish agreed to.

No Caption Provided

@kasya If Magik takes Maxima to Limbo it's over. She can block teleporters from teleporting and she controls reality there. She can basically do anything. Sunspot tell Legion- " There is nothing here she cannot do."

No Caption Provided

She controls all the mystical rules of that dimension:

No Caption Provided

The realm is but an Echo of its mistress if she is mad...then so is it.

No Caption Provided

Her demons can copy Maxima's powers. They can copy the Surfer's power cosmic.

No Caption Provided

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya said:

@lordofallhumans: She can't teleport through time the other yes. Am I am aware of what the phoenix can do, but Magneto killed dark Phoenix with a EM whats stopping her from using it her the 20% Phoenix.

Zorn, not Magneto killed Jean Grey after the Phoenix told her she was destined to die. Magneto has never met Dark Phoenix ever!!! The Sun that the Jean Grey that Xorn killed has EM fields hundreds of times stronger than the planetary emp Xorn created which supports her death was preordained, as she was in the Sun and used its power to recreate her and Wolverine and create a star ship out of pure energy. Not to mention it took a planetary attack straight to the brain to kill Jean Grey, not the Phoenix. Only after the Phoenix said it's avatar must die. 20% of the Phoenix would stomp because as I said less has destroyed a solar system, created suns, stopped time, and more.

deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: It's not my fault if the character is a waste of pages, but could you show where I said that I'm picking the feats who suit me?

Just because I dislike the character doesn't' change the feat isn't valid by itself.

None of that put her even close to Dormammu too.

What stupid analogy is that? Thor followed Captain America, does that mean Captain is more powerful? Following one character doesn't show inferiority, but rather the fact the character have the ability to lead and deal with said threat. IIRC Dormammu himself followed Doctor Doom before, who is a lot less powerful than him and even Satannish followed Baron Zemo.

Magik later needed the help from Dormammu and others to give their powers against Archenemy, so.......

I am sorry, how that means they're afraid of her? They being impressed with her power doesn't translate to being afraid.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: The only thing Maxima has against her is her super speed enough to blitz her, strength teleportation, Optical beam, Tp, Tk, invulnerability, mind bolts, empathy, Duplication, Matter Manipulation, Powerful forcefields, and can use her psionic powers to give her a even bigger boost.

• Ferrokinesis
Maxima vs. Red Tornado
Maxima vs. Red Tornado

Maxima has exhibited immense telekinetic control over metals at the molecular level. She can cause metal to melt with a thought, or rearrange the molecules of scraps into anything she chooses, such as weapons or armor. In Justice League America No. 63, Maxima used her psionic power over metal to breach the hull of a wrecked interstellar craft that was submerged at the bottom of Manhattan's East River.

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya: I don't think you understand that Magik has the Phoenix here nothing Maxima can do matters. Even 20% of the Phoenix is too powerful as it was stated on panel even a fraction of infinity is still infinite. Every power you names is something that was possessed by somebody that the Phoenix stomped, and nothing you listed is impossible for anybody wielding the Phoenix as it's the nexus of all psi in the "ominverse" on top of having various other cosmic functions that I shouldn't have to list.

The Phoenix will kill Maxima and then destroy her entire universe for kicks.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laylah said:

@chiq: It's not my fault if the character is a waste of pages, but could you show where I said that I'm picking the feats who suit me?

Just because I dislike the character doesn't' change the feat isn't valid by itself.

None of that put her even close to Dormammu too.

What stupid analogy is that? Thor followed Captain America, does that mean Captain is more powerful? Following one character doesn't show inferiority, but rather the fact the character have the ability to lead and deal with said threat. IIRC Dormammu himself followed Doctor Doom before, who is a lot less powerful than him and even Satannish followed Baron Zemo.

Magik later needed the help from Dormammu and others to give their powers against Archenemy, so.......

I am sorry, how that means they're afraid of her? They being impressed with her power doesn't translate to being afraid.

Yes girl you tell it.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya said:

@lordofallhumans: Anyways your still underrating Maxima shame on you.

No you are overestimating her to think she is a match for a Phoenix, shame on you to think something that in one of it's smallest forms (smaller than the 20% used here) that can bust a galaxy would have a problem with an alien just because she is on par Superman.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: First all just because she on par with superman means nothing just because you have the Phoenix doesn't mean the host can't die.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya said:

@lordofallhumans: First all just because she on par with superman means nothing just because you have the Phoenix doesn't mean the host can't die.

Actually unless the Phoenix makes the host vulnerable it does mean you can't die since it is life and the repository for all future life. The easiest way a Phoenix to take out any living thing is to just take its lifeforce.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based off feats alone, Maxima STOMPS Magik!

Magik with Phoenix Force didn't even do anything except for brining Limbo into Earth. She will go down hard!

Mr_Bavadin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik wins.Maxima is generally overrated .

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maxima isn't beating a Phoenix user,heck she isn't touching base magic. done

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
deactivated-5beeed406e9c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik teleports her head off

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#34  Edited By Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik kills her.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is stupid.

Magik wins via BFR.

She's a casual teleporter and timetraveler with high level magic abilities and mastery of an entire plane of existence. All of this before she gets the phoenix amp to her durability which was her only downside in this fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik is incredibly powerful even without the phoenix. She can teleport people against there will and would be willing to port someone into the sun.

copy that

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik wins.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch. Magik destroys her.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: she doesn’t. Magik with the Phoenix wasn’t even impressive so

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By chiq

@kasya_carey said:

@chiq: she doesn’t. Magik with the Phoenix wasn’t even impressive so

Magik deals with beings far greater than Maxima. Both at their most powerful is a stomp in Magik's favor.

Greater power, greater versatility, greater hax, greater resources, etc... Maxima is only better at speed (not enough to put her down, she has no great speed feats IIRC,Magik has great instinctual defensive reactions, like putting up shields or teleporting out of really fast attacks) and base durability. Maxima's durability doesn't matter when Magik can rip open someone like Juggernaut. She can make objects and non living things bleed, even if they don't have blood. Magik in demon form and in Limbo has tanked attacks from far more powerful beings.

BrainDrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxima litterally oneshots with a thought. Either enslaves her or turns her into playdoh low diff.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By chiq

@braindrain: Magik has tp shields and she's blocked tp blasts for Xavier junior. Maxima gets her head teleported off or gets thrown to Limbo where she suffers for eternity. Or rips out her soul and turns her into a demon slave

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: yet her feats with the Phoenix sucked and she didn’t display any of the power you mentioned when she had it. Maxima can handle her own