User Lists: 0

^ May I ask your reasoning?

Ancient_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@erkan12: Agreed, another way of saying it, is Kenobi used "good guy power".

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: I'm one of your subscribers and I saw your Maul:SOD upload. Very nice good sir :)

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By okayalright_44

@ancient_legend: No he used "I'm a Main character in the Original Trilogy power"

Ancient_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The father-son team has this one!

jantjepeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By jantjepeter

I know 1 crucial point no one has considered so far ,

Darth Vader knows his way in the death star, and he could just use the magnetic force in the walls so Dooku and Maul's lightsabers are useless then go to the control center before the others do, and then lock them out, and let them starve to death ( i'm sure the walls can do magnetic pulling because in TCW series we can see this happen in some scenes and knowing Death Star is advanced in any way ) .

Or he could just take a shuttle with Luke, and then let the Death Star go into hyperspace towards a sun before he takes off .

Also could he lure them into places like the garbage room, where the walls will crush Dooku and Maul , ( and he could make it so the walls move faster towards each other .

Or he could go to the ammo rooms , and use the grenades, bazooka's or whatever he can find and use that .

Or how about sleeping gass / toxic gas, and throw it at them , while Luke locks them up ( they communicate through the force , or trough a communication device ( there are enough on them on the death star ) .

And thousand other options i haven't named yet ...

I'm just kidding by the way .

But Vader knowing the death star should be considered here .

jantjepeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By jantjepeter
No Caption Provided

Bamapecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Bamapecan

@shootingnova said:
I might have addressed that properly had it not been that your initial post was a rude, baiting call-out. You can say whatever you want about me, to be honest. They'll just be flagged for going off-topic.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You actually went back and edited/changed your original response? Because as I recall, it was novel-length - considerably longer than mine.

You lecture about "saving face", but I think I've found the absolute epitome of that phrase with what you've chosen to do here.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#211  Edited By ShootingNova

@bamapecan: Flagged, because, again, I told you going off-topic for inconsequential discussions has no relevance to the thread, and yes, I edited my post, in favor of the new one. And no, it wasn't that much longer than yours, to be honest. There was another one from somebody else which was also longer than yours, but he edited it out. And really, so what if I edited it out? Did you seriously search it up just to call me out on it just to get another last word on me?

You've failed to debate any of my points with respects to the fight itself, so is that a concession or is that simply unwillingness to respond to me? If you hate me so badly, then that's fine, but there's no reason to take it off in a thread like this. Debate the points, not the users, please. Bring up how guilty I was of it in the past, but none of that absolves you of being guilty of it right now.

I'm still waiting for you to stop. The fact that your first post was an actual baiting post, which was also rude enough, should almost immediately discredit your claims, but let's be honest - neither of us want to be debating this here. If you're so desperate to send me hate mail, then at least send it in a PM. That way, it might be possible to sort it out without interrupting with the community's attempts to debate. Come on, now.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#212  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@shootingnova said:
I might have addressed that properly had it not been that your initial post was a rude, baiting call-out. You can say whatever you want about me, to be honest. They'll just be flagged for going off-topic.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You actually went back and edited/changed your original response? Because as I recall, it was novel-length - considerably longer than mine.

You lecture about "saving face", but I think I've found the absolute epitome of that phrase with what you've chosen to do here.

Please get back on topic, which was about Maul / Dooku vs Vader / Luke, if folks have forgotten. None of this is relevant to the debate.

VinnyLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By VinnyLT

@erkan12: Considering that Maul was killed by Obi-wan and Obi-Wan beat Ani-Vader The real test would be between Vader and Maul.. Dooku was easily overpowered by Anikin who I think was considerably weaker than Vader. Luke is a noob. He was owned by Vader once and got lucky the second time around when He decided not to be evil anymore. He is also always struggling with self doubt.He would be the first to die.. which mean it would be a two on one fight unless Vader quickly does away with Dooku first. I don't think vader could take dooku and Maul by himself.

I've only seen the movies.. never read the books or played the games.

Bamapecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Bamapecan

@jedixman: Absolutely. I certainly respect your advice, moderator, and I recognize you as true authority here, so I will address you. Before I abandon the argument altogether I will post the original response from @shootingnova to my response, because I strongly feel that failing to do so casts a false impression on my behalf - as if I'm responding to something totally different than I intended to. It takes my character unfairly out of context. Although I cannot help that he edited his response, I feel like I have a right to represent myself correctly by re-posting what I originally responded to. I know you will agree with me when I say that contributors on Comicvine should never be afraid of being helpless when their posts are manipulated out of context, whether it be intentional or not.

Here is the original quote. My quote that he responded to is intentionally included before, for context.

@bamapecan said:

@shootingnova said:

...isn't your way of saying you are done and completely opposed at the thought of resuming.

What do you mean "isn't my way"?

You have a signature way of leaving arguments based on posts I've seen. Very consistent. You will eventually post a long-winded response (much like you did on here) and give an analysis about the supposed flaws and loopholes in your opponent's arguments, and attempt to discount and dismiss their points as best you can. All the while, you will try to establish what you personally believe is proper form and decorum, and claim it as gospel for debating. If they somehow offend you with their tone, use of sarcasm, choice of phrasing, answering questions with questions, etc. you will immediately try to write it off as being deflective and ultimately undermining their own credibility - a good cop-out. However, they are apparently supposed to tolerate your extremely pseudo-intellectual tone and somehow buy into the idea that you are judge and jury of how a debate should function. Then you will ALWAYS claim that they didn't concede to your points, that they cite irrelevant examples (which is nearly always subjective even though you set a premium on your own opinion), that they violate some code of "respect", etc. - basically that they are not providing you with your personal demands in order to dignify further rebuttal from you. Ha, an extreme sense of entitlement. So finally, you avoid the act of "quitting" by instead proposing an ultimatum that must be met to continue. If your opponent does respond but you find it unsatisfactory, you will instead indirectly address the post to the audience just to save face. Like that somehow doesn't give your opponent the satisfaction of your continued attention.

I really am not trying to stereotype, but you have proven to be very formulaic in your strategies when faced with someone who is willing to go toe-to-toe with you.

I'm sorry, you asked.

@shootingnova said:

In other words, you decided to point out my character flaws (and make up false information) which has absolutely no pertinence to this thread. Considering that flaws are an essential part of a human, I have no reason to be ashamed or afraid of any of this. In fact, I can list almost all of my flaws right here and now:

• I have a tendency to project impressions of myself that I don't intend to.
  • I have a tendency to laugh at things I find ridiculous, and at times, I take that too far.
  • I have a tendency to feel emotions too strongly or weakly.
  • I have a tendency to be tempted into responding despite the fact that I make several claims to not respond.
  • I have a tendency to be sarcastic which at certain times may evolve into sardonicism.
  • I have a tendency to be meticulous with other people's points.
  • I have a tendency to utilize indirect force in my arguments.

And so on and so on. I can recognize my mistakes which I strive to improve upon, but as a human, I must always suffer from some forms of flaws in my characteristics. Yes, I have a routine with the way I respond to others, but so what? Virtually everybody does, and most users give me the same type of response, hence why I tend to give them the same type of response as I do with others. I confess that I often make claims of "not responding" anymore and that I tend to be tempted into making additional responses. I don't see any harm in that. Whether my opponent receives satisfaction or not is not what I care about. Considering that I have to have a routine in the way I respond because I receive the same type of posts from users almost all the time, I think I'm perfectly entitled to having such routines. I find it amusing that you consider an attempt to verify something I find offensive to a "cop-out", but I suppose that you're entitled to your own comments and opinions.

And though I don't track you down as you track me, I can already tell you your own characteristic flaws, and I can elucidate on how half of what you claim is either exaggerated or completely false. The only difference is that I won't do so, simply because none of this is relevant to the fight that is presented by the OP.

You can make as many ad hominems as you want and direct as much of your points to me rather than my post as you want. What I will say, though, is that the irony is overwhelming in some ways. You bring up how I always try to "save face", and yet you are trying to save face right now by making these ad hominems instead of conceding to the fact that you made a rude baiting post that began all of this, that you pretend to be an expert on me and know my intentions more than I know myself, and how much I try to cop-out and what not, which you're doing right now for reasons known only to yourself.

Here's a better suggestion - why don't you debate my points instead of the cracks in my personality and traits? I won't bear any grudges against you, but you can keep pointing out how often I do this and how I look bad when I do that, but I can tell you right now that you look bad by trying to make me look bad right now. So yes, I will present an "ultimatum", that you should debate the points being presented in the thread, rather than the people in the thread, because anymore of such comments will be flagged for trolling. You can threaten to direct the mods to my past posts here and there, but I can threaten to direct the mods to you right now, to the posts that you are making in this very thread.

So, let's make it easy. Instead of nitpicking about my routines, which, in my opinion, at least, should be attributed to the opposition rather than me most of the time, I suggest you debate the points that I and other users have raised in this thread. After all, we're here to debate why these characters would win or not and so on, not discuss why other people should be ashamed or what they do or so on.

This was later changed to:

Also, I have noticed that ShootingNova has claimed that I "hate" him. I do not at all hate him, and the idea that these distortions I am attempting to clear up are somehow out of assumed prejudice or spite is disappointing. I actually recognize ShootingNova as one of the most, if not the most articulate, thorough, prepared intellectual contributors on Vine, specifically to all the Star Wars. But I also recognize his pseudo-intellectual tone very often too, as do many others. He has been quoted as saying "aggression being evident in my post is not a sign that I have any emotion behind it." Well that certainly applies for my posts in this thread, too. I only want fairness and a sense of understanding, and that is why I am appealing to you @jedixman.

I only ask to let the record show what I was originally responding to, so that my context is not misconstrued and ultimately misrepresented. Thank you, moderator, for your attention and time.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Hmmm I would say Luke is actually the second best duelist here (with the Count being the first). He was an equal with Vader even when he was holding back, and the moment he fought aggresively he gained an upper-hand against him.

Stop it. It's completely ridiculous that people like you and ShootingNova think that movie Luke Skywalker is even comparable to top Jedi Masters of the prequels.

Do you realize that Darth Vader was never bloodlusted when he fought Luke in the movies? Always empathetic, always trying to convert Luke, never intending on killing his son. And yet the only way Luke could defeat Vader in combat was to become bloodlusted and catch Vader by surprise. Vader always held back against Luke. You know who Vader didn't hold back against? Have you ever read about the 8 Jedi on Kessel who tried to team up against Vader?

Please give me evidence or logic that would suggest that Luke is not the LEAST powerful/skilled person in this list. Because he doesn't have any impressive feats.

@shootingnova

Can't wait to see you quote from the novels and deem them as be-all-end-all proof.

This is old; but I plan on making a blog about this in the near future. I will be sure to call you out when I'm done with it. Both praise and criticism is allowed.

Bamapecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bamapecan said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Hmmm I would say Luke is actually the second best duelist here (with the Count being the first). He was an equal with Vader even when he was holding back, and the moment he fought aggresively he gained an upper-hand against him.

Stop it. It's completely ridiculous that people like you and ShootingNova think that movie Luke Skywalker is even comparable to top Jedi Masters of the prequels.

Do you realize that Darth Vader was never bloodlusted when he fought Luke in the movies? Always empathetic, always trying to convert Luke, never intending on killing his son. And yet the only way Luke could defeat Vader in combat was to become bloodlusted and catch Vader by surprise. Vader always held back against Luke. You know who Vader didn't hold back against? Have you ever read about the 8 Jedi on Kessel who tried to team up against Vader?

Please give me evidence or logic that would suggest that Luke is not the LEAST powerful/skilled person in this list. Because he doesn't have any impressive feats.

@shootingnova

Can't wait to see you quote from the novels and deem them as be-all-end-all proof.

This is old; but I plan on making a blog about this in the near future. I will be sure to call you out when I'm done with it. Both praise and criticism is allowed.

Absolutely. In truth, I may have much to learn. Also, in hindsight, I realize that my tone in this post at times sounds very emphatic and uproarious. Sorry.

@bamapecan said:

@shootingnova

I admit, I can see how that could provoke someone. Didn't mean for my sarcasm to do that. I concede to that at least.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: Absolutely. I certainly respect your advice, moderator, and I recognize you as true authority here, so I will address you. Before I abandon the argument altogether I will post the original response from @shootingnova to my response, because I strongly feel that failing to do so casts a false impression on my behalf - as if I'm responding to something totally different than I intended to. It takes my character unfairly out of context. Although I cannot help that he edited his response, I feel like I have a right to represent myself correctly by re-posting what I originally responded to. I know you will agree with me when I say that contributors on Comicvine should never be afraid of being helpless when their posts are manipulated out of context, whether it be intentional or not.

Here is the original quote. My quote that he responded to is intentionally included before, for context.

Which does not change the fact that your comment was entirely irrelevant. You replied to a post that was 3-4 days old. While it may have been edited, did it really pertain to the debate? Debates shouldn't be personal - they should rely solely on the knowledge both users have, not necessarily their debating methods.

I realize that you later recognized it, but the fact remains that your first post in this thread was antagonistic. I understand where you are coming from, but it should not get personal. Stick to the facts regarding the fictitious material, not the people you are debating with.

There was really no need to post another comment on the matter. I should mention that I am aware of the entire affair, since I've been looking in at this thread from time-to-time (and I am not the only mod to do so).

@shootingnova@bamapecan

Both of you should cease, and not feel the need to have a "last word," which is the vibe I'm getting from the two of you.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 JediXMan  Moderator

I would ask that all of you please remain on topic, and be civil. People can have contrary opinions, but that should not lead to personal implications or passive aggressive tones. This applies to everybody who posts in this thread.

Bamapecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Bamapecan

@jedixman: Understood. I concede to what you said about irrelevancy, and even antagonism, though I never meant to be rude in the beginning. Thank you for seeing both sides, and thank you for allowing me to establish proper context using original responses - I will treat it as a rare exception. I will not be perpetuating this argument any longer.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I admit, I can see how that could provoke someone. Didn't mean for my sarcasm to do that. I concede to that at least.

If that's the case, then it's all fine.

zacheryx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vader and luke in a tough fight

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends if Luke Skywalker's raw power can deal with dooku's lightning ( doubt it ) as Anakin Skywalker who had way more training and experience (and same mid chlorian btw ) couldn't .

So i would assume it would be Dooku and Maul vs Darth Vader .

I assume vader uses form 5 , which is quite good against Dooku , and Maul already lost to Vader , and the fact numbers in a jedi battle don't always matter .

I would say Dooku and Maul 6 / 10

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again with the lightning argument?

Luke was able to deflect Palpatine lightning with a Force shield, I see no reason why he couldn't replicate it with his lightsaber.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin has blocked Lightning with his lightsaber before in TCW. Luke hasn't, but he did half-successfully repel some of Palpatine's low-powered Lightning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unsure, i feel both sides could win but this is far from lukes prime and i feel he mite be the weak link here.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends if Luke Skywalker's raw power can deal with dooku's lightning ( doubt it ) as Anakin Skywalker who had way more training and experience (and same mid chlorian btw ) couldn't .

So i would assume it would be Dooku and Maul vs Darth Vader .

I assume vader uses form 5 , which is quite good against Dooku , and Maul already lost to Vader , and the fact numbers in a jedi battle don't always matter .

I would say Dooku and Maul 6 / 10

Well, I think Dooku's lightning is certainly an issue for Vader as well.

Galen, a.k.a Starkiller used the force lightning for subdue Vader more than once, and I doubt his lightning is at even Dooku's level ;

No Caption Provided

And this ;

Vader shaped himself by inflicting pain on others. Unfortunately, because of his artificial arms, he was unable to conjure Sith Lightning or be invulnerable to it.

-Taken from ; The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader

Avatar image for beingfatissupercool
Beingfatissupercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeh definitely Maul and Dooku now .

10 / 10

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Erkan12

Bump.

I've noticed a force lightning blocking feat for Luke, but it is 3 years after the RotJ, so I am not sure that it can be applied to his RotJ version or not.

No Caption Provided

Taken from ; Thrawn Trilogy - II - Dark Force Rising 04

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there any books/ comics that show Vader absorbing/tanking lightening? That someone could point me too, I'm curious.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Oh, please. Firstly, the Thrawn Trilogy takes place in 9ABY, so the novels and comics are five years after RotJ. Secondly, given that Luke has improved considerably in the space of just one year, why in the world would something five years later need to be brought up?

Not that it matters, though, because I'm fairly confident Luke could replicate that feat from RotJ, considering that even AotC Obi-Wan could do it.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Hey, if Tiplee could do it then ROTJ Luke should be more than capable. hehe.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By ShootingNova
Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Erkan12
@darthmanhunter said:

Are there any books/ comics that show Vader absorbing/tanking lightening? That someone could point me too, I'm curious.

I've never seen that post suit Vader deflecting a lightning attack before. I believe that Vader's cybernetics and breathing apparatus would make it harder for him to deflect it. But he should deflect it with his saber somehow, still if he gets a shot of lightning, his life support system would get damaged and that's the main problem.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Vader and Luke would win

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: hahaha. She is the true chosen one

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Maul & Dooku

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By WollfMyth209

When it comes to skill, I think it goes like Tyranus>RoTJ Luke>/=Vader>Maul. In terms of power I'd say Vader>Dooku>Maul>RoTJ Luke.

Overall I'd say Dooku and Maul 6-7/10 to be honest.

RomanSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Must...Not...Use...A-B-C logic...

cmcmcmcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers