Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

Morals off, fight to the death. No BFR.

Takes place in an empty Central Park. Teams start at the northern-most and southern-most points respectively which are 2.5 miles apart

No Caption Provided

Both teams get 10 minutes of prep and a list of the opposing team with a basic rundown of their abilities (i.e. they will be told Emma Frost is a telepath, Rogue is an absorber, etc).

Teamwork is important!

The winner will be decided by votes from other Viners. Bear in mind the battle is only open to vote when BOTH debaters have stated that they are fine with it. Until then any votes will be discounted.

Team Veitha:

• Emma Frost
  • Cyclops
  • Aquaman

Team LordStoop:

• Invisible Woman
  • Thing
  • Mr.Fantastic

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Veitha

here we go :)

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MasterAction

Awesome job Veitha! All of team LordStoop are 616 versions, and Aquaman doesn't have either magic hand and Emma has her telepathy back. Cyclops is 616. Let's go :)

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Veitha

@MasterAction: Thanks :). One question: can I use both Pre-Flashpoint and New52 Aquaman or I can only use new 52 version??

@LordStoop: I think that I got a huge advantage because of the distance between our teams. Emma Frost is the only one who can use her powers at such a long distance(she's used her telepathy for global communication or mind manipulation at continental distances) and so at the start of the battle she will be able to take control over their minds of your team or shut their brains off very soon.

I mean, I know that Sue's shields are able to stop psionic powers, but I don't think that she will be fast enough to react from a psionic attack coming from 2,5 miles away, expecially if she doesn't know if Emma will attack or not, so she may also not even try to put on a shield at the start of the battle. It's more likely that your team will try to approach them without using any kind of defense strategy. Or at least Sue won't surround the team with a force field immediatelly, and this would give Emma the chance to take control over her mind or at least over Ben's and Reed's minds, and this would give her the opportunity to make them attack Sue.

Then Aquaman won't just approach them but he will try to go near them hiding in one of the many water basins in Central Park and they won't be able to detect him till he jumps away and hits them very hard. Considering that Emma would have already messed with their minds and maybe KOed them, he won't find much difficult to hit them as hard as he can.

New 52 Aquaman has taken hits from WW and hit Superman so hard to send him to fly away, he's lifted a transatlantic twice and his trydent was sharp enough to penetrate through Darkseid's body and armor(I'm going to upload scans later). This would allow him to hurt Ben easily, if Emma doesn't just take controll of him.

Then we have Scott, whose powers are strong enough to destroy most of Central Park with only one beam. I know that Sue has taken more, but this would at least incapacitate her distracting her occupying her entire field of view and preventing counter because she won't be able to focus her powers while Scott hits her. Scott can keep his eyes open as long as he wants producing optic blast of this intensity:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If he keeps producing this optic blast at 180°, he'll be able to keep her constantly focused on keeping the shield up, preventing counter and making her more and more tired untill her force field goes down. And, as I said, my team won't need this kind of tactic because Emma will be able to mindrape them before Sue can use a shield.

To sum up, my team is going to mindrape your team or take controll over the Thing and Mr.Fantastic if Sue is fast enough to put up a force field before Emma attacks her (and since they are at 2,5 from each other, she won't be able to react or to even know that she will have to react), and anyway Scott and Aquaman together could easily put down Ben or Mr.Fantastic and prevent Sue from countering.

Your turn :)

MasterAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MasterAction

@Veitha: Yep, you can use both Pre-Flashpoint and New 52 :)

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Veitha

@MasterAction: Ok, perfect :)

LordStoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordStoop

@Veitha: 
Mindraping is out of the question. The OP clearly states: Both teams get 10 minutes of prep and a list of the opposing team with a basic rundown of their abilities (i.e. they will be told Emma Frost is a telepath) 
Reed will formulate a plan. Sue will put a invisible forcefield around my trio. The forcefield will stop Emma from detecting them and doing her mind tricks. Knowing that Aquaman is someone like Namor who the FF have fought multiple times. Reed tell the crew to stay away from the watery parts of the park. Invisible they will slowly walk to the otherside of the park. Your Cyclops will start blasting and thereby loudly telling my crew where your guys are. Sue's forcefield handled more strain then cyclops blast, so it will last. 
Examples: 
stopping her husbands gamma bomb in the Infinity war: 
No Caption Provided

Her powers are powerful enoug the hurt a Celestial. 

No Caption Provided

When my crew reaches Cyclops and Emma, (Aquaman is still swimming somewhere without seeing my crew), Its clobbering time. 
Sue puts Emma in a bubble, like this. 
No Caption Provided

Ben can knock down Scot like this 
No Caption Provided

Aquaman must by now how noticed that his friend are down and flies toward my team. Together they must be able to beat him
LordStoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordStoop

Reed Richards while in the forcefield will take apart one of the generators of one of the restaurants they pass. He will quickly make this generator into a makeshift taser. Reed will use this taser against Aquaman
Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Veitha

@LordStoop: I don't think that she'll be fast enough to protect the team. When the battle start, she is going to create the force field but she will at least need to concentrate and to think about what shape the field will have. It will need just a few moments, I know, but Emma just needs to think for a single moment to take controll over their minds. She just need to put a single suggestion, a single word inside their minds and they're going to fight each other at some point of the battle or to just stop using their powers when they need them. Like she did to Madrox and Rictor to make them think that they wanted to go to Westchester while they didn't want, just pushing some thoughts inside their minds. She's pretty good with long term suggestions, she used it to menace a man to make him think to She could make Sue doesn't realize that she hasn't created a force field, for example, before she creates one, so she will think that they're protected while they aren't, creating immediatelly an illusion like she did to Sebastian Shaw to make him think that he had beaten her, while she was still alive, and it won't need more than a thought.

Then I don't know how they will break Emma's diamond form. BFR isn't allowed and fight is to the death, so they will need to break her diamond form to hurt her. Emma has taken hits from both WWHulk and Celestials, and they've all been able to go through Sue's shields with ease.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Then, Sue has used her shields to protect herself from mind controll(and in the scan you posted Jean is using her TK, not her TP) but she's never shown to be able to prevent mind detection, and Emma used to perceive people whose minds are usually immune to telepathy like she did to Tony Stark and Hulk(I'm looking for the scans when she perceived Iron-Man).

No Caption Provided

@LordStoop said:

Reed Richards while in the forcefield will take apart one of the generators of one of the restaurants they pass. He will quickly make this generator into a makeshift taser. Reed will use this taser against Aquaman

Aquaman is completely immune to lightining, he's fought against Black Manta and OceanMaster, who both use electricity based weapons.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Remember that those two lightning have done damage to both Supes and WonderWoman, so, yeah, Aquaman is immune to electricity.

Than remember that he's a telepath, too, but he uses animal telepathy to hurt the part of the brain which is related to animals. This means that he may be able to hit Sue coz she's never stopped animal telepathy before, but only mind controll.

No Caption Provided

@LordStoop said:

Ben can knock down Scot like this
No Caption Provided

No, Ben's not going to knock out Scott like this.

No Caption Provided

That was a Krakoa clone, the feat is pretty impressive. And Ben isn't going to stop a blast of these dimensions and this blast is also a lot stronger than the one you posted of Dr.Doom.

And Scott won't just blast his optic's to Ben, he will make it jump till he hurt one of his weakest points(his eyes are human, if he hits them there is going to beat Ben).

No Caption Provided

To sum up, I still think that Emma is going to mindrape or put a suggestion inside your team's minds at the start of the battle, and this will give me a huge advantage.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers