• 75 results
#1 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the public discussion for this debate.

Blue Beetle

No prep.

Morals off, bloodlust on

Battle takes place on Dagobah.

Battle ends in death/

BFR not allowed.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win this?

#3 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I just assume you made this because you felt you were losing in the other thread? Only reason to make a thread for this.

#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: You know if BB has anything to keep Yoda from force choking him the second the match starts?
#5 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Fore Fields?

Nuking?

Letting the Scarab take control?

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: a blood lusted Blue Beetle destroys planets

#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ultra_Girl_@Jonny_Anonymous: Alright, that explains that . 
(In case it wasn't obvious I don't much about BB)
#8 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@JediXMan: You know if BB has anything to keep Yoda from force choking him the second the match starts?

No clue. I don't know much about BB, to be honest. My exposure to him is limited to his time in the Teen Titans.

#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

@Decoy Elite said:

No clue. I don't know much about BB, to be honest. My exposure to him is limited to his time in the Teen Titans.

*Points at comments above* Uh, I think he might win. >.>
#10 Posted by JediXMan (27929 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Decoy Elite: a blood lusted Blue Beetle destroys planets

Okay, then.

#11 Posted by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda uses TK on Blue Beetle.

#12 Posted by MorganFreeman (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

No clue. I don't know much about BB, to be honest.

Same here. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, John.

#13 Posted by Esquire (3742 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: @Decoy Elite: @MorganFreeman:

I've covered a lot of this in my one-on-one debate with MJ here. But as for an instant force-choke, the Scarab takes control if Jaime starts to get incapacitated, and it doesn't hold back.

#14 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Nay, I have respond and will respond to every point he makes until all my points are proven unvalid. So no, I am not doing it because im losing, because Im not losing (:

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@MasterJohn: Can you please quote the actual comment you are responding to for now on? 
I really didn't need to get that @ replied to me. :/
#16 Posted by xeon1cs (1478 posts) - - Show Bio

Esquire did a pretty solid job showing why Blue Beetle would win in the other thread.

#17 Posted by Dextersinister (5087 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@JediXMan: @Decoy Elite: @MorganFreeman:

I've covered a lot of this in my one-on-one debate with MJ here. But as for an instant force-choke, the Scarab takes control if Jaime starts to get incapacitated, and it doesn't hold back.

It's also simply telekinesis that's never had very good range and still has limitations on how much strength it can apply.

#18 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda would stomp.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27353 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: how?

#20 Posted by YoungJustice (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

He'd only be able to damage the armor, barely.

#21 Edited by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Sidious moves incredibly fast. (Anakin Skywalker could see sub-light speed, but only saw Sidious as a blur) Yoda kept up with Sidious. Therefore, Yoda is around as fast as Sidious. That speed should be far more than enough to end Blue Beetle almost instantly at the start of any match.

EDIT: Missed the no BFR rule. Yoda has no morals though, so he should be able to electrocute Blue to death, or force choke, or drain his life force. He doesn't even need to activate his light saber really.

#22 Posted by dondave (26660 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beetle ftw

#23 Posted by Joygirl (15340 posts) - - Show Bio

"The droids you are looking for, these are not." -- *Jaime's head bursts*

#24 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Sidious moves incredibly fast. (Anakin Skywalker could see sub-light speed, but only saw Sidious as a blur) Yoda kept up with Sidious. Therefore, Yoda is around as fast as Sidious. That speed should be far more than enough to end Blue Beetle almost instantly at the start of any match.

EDIT: Missed the no BFR rule. Yoda has no morals though, so he should be able to electrocute Blue to death, or force choke, or drain his life force. He doesn't even need to activate his light saber really.

Blue Beetle can nuke faster than Yoda can use the force.

#25 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_: reaction feat?

#26 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716:Has fought green lanterns

and looked fast to supergirl,miss martian,wonder girl

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27353 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: BB can absorb electricity also he's not gaoing to be able to force choke through his armor and has Yoda ever used life steal before? Just beacuse he has no morals doesn't mean he can actually do that.

#28 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Why couldn't he force choke through armor? Force Lighting is also different, in that it drains the life of the enemy as well as electrocuting them. (Silver did a post on it before, not sure where exactly though)

And i'm confident in saying that i think Yoda could use life drain. (He hasn't in any canon source, but he's never had morals off before)

@Ultra_Girl_: They don't move at light speed do they?

#29 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: there's no exact proof that Yoda does either

However being fast enough to cause trouble for three hypersonic characters is impressive.

#30 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_: I've already addressed this: Anakin can see sub-light movement. Later he sees Sidious dueling Mace and sees only blurs. Establishing that Sidious is moving faster than sub-light movement. Later, Yoda and Sidious clash on equal or near equal terms. This establishes that Yoda is also moving faster than sub-light movement.

It's impressive, but still not fast enough for Yoda.

#31 Edited by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: how do you even know how fast sub light is

20% of light?

40%?

60%?

80%?

Other Jedi have seen Sidious in a blur Mace for example, does not mean he's FTL?

that would mean everybody in star was is than...what your doing is using ABC logic

If Yoda was FTL he'd have solo'd the clone wars.

#32 Posted by KingAres109 (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this is just my opinion,but I think ppl need to stop comparing Yoda to Darth Sidous.Yoda couldn't even defeat him,only stalemate him.Windu however did but thats another matter.If your going to compare another chracter to show how fast Yoda is,then anyone should be able to do the same for BB.BB has fought Lobo among other being who would curbstomp Yoda.So does that mean he beats Yoda??And on another note,Sidous is a MONSTER,not a beast.The s*it he can do is crazy!So,I wouldnt even compare Yoda to my Master Sidous.I think its a lil bit foolish!

#33 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

Quite honestly I don't.

Other Jedi have seen Sidious in a blur Mace for example, does not mean he's FTL?

Frankly, I don't understand what you're saying here.

that would mean everybody in star was is than...what your doing is using ABC logic

Certeinly not everybody would be FTL. My ABC logic works here though. We have confirmation that Sidious is moving at sub-light speeds. Yoda fights Sidious to a stalemate. Therefore, He can also move at sub-light speed.

Furthermore, Sidious' may not have even been fighting his strongest during his confirmed Sub-light speeds duel. Yet against Yoda he's most definitly fighting his hardest, therefore he's moving at least as sub-light speeds.

So exactly where does my "ABC Logic" fail in any regard?

No, There were hundreds of millions of droids, Yoda is one alien. He'd die. He could easily get bombarded by a planet.

#34 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

20% of light?

40%?

60%?

80%?

Not that I'm taking sides here, but that really isn't ABC logic. Anakin was able to see at sub-light levels, and Sidious looked like a blur to him, meaning he's over sub-light. Yoda was able to fight at around the same speed, a little less, so he should be able to do it too.

#35 Posted by thefusescape (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a huge Mace Windu fan he can well almost rival Devil Dinosaur and Kit fisto with how much I like him (crazy right) And his win over sid' has no impact on Yoda vs BB. Every battle is VASTLY different.

#36 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: @ImmortalOne:

It's ABC logic because Mace fought Sidious too!

By your logic Mace would be FTL which would mean Grievous is FTL which means nearly every Jedi would be FTL

and you two really don't know how fast FTL is?

186,282 miles per second.

if Yoda was FTL he would be destroying at miles of droids a light saber can one shot your average droid on contact

but if Yoda was fighting at the speed of light than he would have been able to traverse 445,213,98 miles (their battle lasted four minutes)

so no.

#37 Posted by gio3432 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Beatle may have a 1/1,000,000 chance because of the power of the Reach and the chance that he may get Yoda off gaurd, but other than that Yoda would Spank Him!

#38 Edited by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

By your logic Mace would be FTL which would mean Grievous is FTL which means nearly every Jedi would be FTL

and you two really don't know how fast FTL is?

186,282 miles per second.

if Yoda was FTL he would be destroying at miles of droids a light saber can one shot your average droid on contact

but if Yoda was fighting at the speed of light than he would have been able to traverse 445,213,98 miles (their battle lasted four minutes)

so no.

No, ABC logic would mean "Batman beat Solomon Grundy, Solomon Grundy beat Superman, so Batman can beat Superman."

The thing is however, in this scenario, it's purely speed. If Sidious was able to go a certain speed, and Yoda was able to match him, then he would be going at the same speed. It's not ABC logic.

#39 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne:No because Mace Windu fought Sidous

Does not mean he's FTL? if so that means Grievous is too.

#40 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

Mace reached the same speed. BUT Mace was amped incredibly during their fight.

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

Mace went FTL in that specific fight against Sidious while amped. Grievous never reached FTL or anywhere near it.

ABC logic, would be saying what you seem to think i'm saying.

Sidious and Yoda matched speeds well enough to have a titanic duel. We know Sidious top speed. (or top recorded speed at least).

#41 Posted by ImmortalOne (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

Again, I'm not taking sides here. Maybe Sidious was going at a lower speed. But the point is, if Sidious was going at a certain speed, and Yoda was matching him, then it's not ABC logic. They're going at the same speed.

#42 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Yoda won't be using Force Choke in the first place.

#43 Edited by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

Sidious moves incredibly fast. (Anakin Skywalker could see sub-light speed, but only saw Sidious as a blur) Yoda kept up with Sidious. Therefore, Yoda is around as fast as Sidious. That speed should be far more than enough to end Blue Beetle almost instantly at the start of any match.

Wha-what? Yoda doesn't use Lightning or Force Choke or Drain Life.

Also, Yoda isn't as fast as Palaptine, but is at least able to contend with him.

@JamesKM716 said:

Mace went FTL in that specific fight against Sidious while amped. Grievous never reached FTL or anywhere near it.

Mace was never FTL in the first place, neither was Sidious.

#44 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

Mace was never FTL in the first place, neither was Sidious.

Are you sure? I haven't read the revenge of the sith novel but I thought it said in the novel that "The force itself roiled and burst and crashed around them, boiling with power and light speed ricochets of lethal intent." During the battle with Mace and Palpatine? I could be mistaken I guess.

#45 Posted by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I've even posted that quote before, and the speed of a lightsaber is not the speed of Palpatine.

#46 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Wait are you saying that Palpatine can swing his light saber at light speed speeds but not run at light speed? If so I agree if not then I don't really understand.

#47 Edited by ShootingNova (13051 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Palpatine's running speed is much less than his striking speed, however, its more of the lightsaber traveling at light speed or near-relativistic speeds than anything else.

#48 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: All right.

#49 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder, is it settled then?

#50 Posted by Esquire (3742 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

"The droids you are looking for, these are not." -- *Jaime's head bursts*

The last person who tried messing around in Jaime's head didn't end up so well.

@JamesKM716: Although Yoda may have a combat speed advantage, Jaime has fought Miss Martian and Supergirl, who are both capable of near-light speed, at the same time. And Wonder Girl, who is also hypersonic, commented on how fast he was. Jaime's no slouch when it comes to speed, and with the Scarab's durability and its ability to take control when he's in danger, I don't think Yoda will simply blitz him.