#1 Edited by shroudofsorrow (3163 posts) - - Show Bio

What if it was Tholme Agen Kolar had encountered in that sewer instead of Tholme's old apprentice?

Before anyone asks, "what are Tholme's feats?" dueling (and impressing) Count Dooku, as well as Sora Bulq. And also pwning Quinlan Vos, same as Agen Kolar, albeit via the Force rather than via a lightsaber.

Who wins?

Versus

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. Leaning toward Kolar, honestly. Tholme is okay, but I wouldn't put him in the same league as Kolar.

#3 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3163 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Just curious, but does Agen Kolar have any other feats besides epically pwning Vos?

#4 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@shroudofsorrow said: 

Before anyone asks, "what are Tholme's feats?" dueling (and impressing) Count Dooku, as well as Sora Bulq. And also pwning Quinlan Vos, same as Agen Kolar, albeit via the Force rather than via a lightsaber.

Just about all of this is wrong. Tholme with Sora Bulq's aid dueled Dooku, and the two of them were utterly stomped by Dooku. They presented no challenge to him in any measure. How this can be construed as an impressive combat feat for Tholme is beyond me.
Pertaining to dueling Sora Bulq, Tholme fled from Sora in their first duel. There may not have been a conclusive victor, but Tholme indicated he agreed with Bulq when the latter boasted that Tholme stood no chance. It could be argued that this is nothing more than a character opinion that could be refuted by verifiable showings, but when Tholme and Sora dueled again at the end of the arc, Sora won, cementing Sora's previous estimation of their contrasting lightsaber proficiency.
Regarding beating Quin, I have no idea where you gained that information from. Tholme has never defeated Quin. When Quin and Tholme dueled this was the result:
No stomp there at all. It was a fairly even fight. Not to mention, comparisons can be surmised between Tholme and Quin by their respective opponents. Sora was handling Quin and Sora with relatively equal ease, as did Dooku. Tholme fought two Morgukai and lost. Quin fought those two Morgukai while he himself was injured, and he still managed to drop one before Aayla saved him from the other. 

Nothing you said was accurate or succeeds in elevating Tholme to Kolar's level. Tholme's more esoteric stealth-related Force powers surpass Kolar's, but those talents would affect a fight not at all. Tholme is only roughly equal with, if not slightly inferior to Quin as a swordsman. Agen would beat Tholme as he did with Quin. Kolar wins 10/10.

Read the characters' appearances before placing them in battle threads.
#5 Posted by ShootingNova (17283 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I guess this has about solved. Vos and Tholme are fairly equal, with Kolar stomping Vos. This would most likely equate to Kolar stomping Tholme as well.