This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22299 posts) - - Show Bio

Yu Yu Hakusho own Master Genkai vs Dragon Ball own Master Roshi.

Battle in a Martial Arts Tournament.

Win by Death, KO, or knout Out of the Ring.

#2 Posted by SSJLozza (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

Roshi is a moon buster, he wins.

#3 Edited by Raw_Material (3207 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Roshi FTW..

#4 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3611 posts) - - Show Bio

Genkai wins if she's in her younger form. Roshi would voluntarily eliminate himself if she told him she'd go on a date with him and Genkai's just gangsta enough to do it

#5 Posted by Frocharocha (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

Roshi should win here lol, he's a planet buster.

#6 Edited by Dredeuced (4395 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha said:

Roshi should win here lol, he's a planet buster.

Not quite. A full charged blast is moon buster level -- which is still quite impressive.

Young Genkai is a B to B+ Class character, which puts her near mountain buster range(as when Yusuke fully unlocked her Spirit Wave Orb, his full powered blast that took out Toguro was Mountain Buster level -- Young Genkai created that orb and was in that same level of power as toguro). While I believe it would be a good fight, Roshi should be faster, stronger, and have better energy projection than her -- he's also got like 50 years on her in experience, as well.

#7 Edited by frogdog (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Genkai powers up, Roshi gets a nose bleed GG

#8 Posted by Theorder14 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm guess it's okay to have DBZ vs anime now cus no flame wars would start from it i think?

#9 Edited by Dredeuced (4395 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm guess it's okay to have DBZ vs anime now cus no flame wars would start from it i think?

Master Roshi is more Dragonball than Dragonball Z. It's a lot easier to debate Dragonaball because there isn't so much uncertainty about their powers. Also I don't think the rabid fans come out in droves for Roshi like they do Goku.

#10 Posted by Pokergeist (22299 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: He never remotly showed Planet Busting....

@ssjlozza: @reefermadness:
R
oshi takes way too much time to Moon Bust. He has a 3-5 second Charge up.

genkai would never give him the chance.

Also Genkai can Reflect the Blast.

So I think the Fact she will Never Give Roshi time to charge up a Moon Buster and the Fact she can Absorb Energy Blast and reflect leads the Moon busting Comment crap.

Different reason please.

#11 Posted by Dredeuced (4395 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: He never remotly showed Planet Busting....

@ssjlozza: @reefermadness: Roshi takes way too much time to Moon Bust. He has a 3-5 second Charge up.

genkai would never give him the chance.

Also Genkai can Reflect the Blast.

So I think the Fact she will Never Give Roshi time to charge up a Moon Buster and the Fact she can Absorb Energy Blast and reflect leads the Moon busting Comment crap.

Different reason please.

Hmm I think you're committing a no limit fallacy here -- just because Genkai can absorb and redirect energy doesn't mean she could do it at the level Roshi is capable of producing. I think the appropriate limit would be her own maximum -- which would be mountain+ level.

That said, I agree that 1: Roshi takes too long to charge a full power Kamehameha and 2: He never uses Kamehameha in any of his fights, really -- the only time he ever did, he didn't even fire it at his opponent, but the moon. He's more likely to use his lightning technique and his martial prowess, as is Genkai.

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22299 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Possible. however this was also Genkai Weakest Form. she was a shadow of her power in this Form as she gave all her power to Yuske.

This is Yuske using Half that power of his and Genkai in the Spirit gun as Tribute to her death.

She was pretty Serious in Power.

This is her low power Spirit shot Gun in her prime of the Dark tourney against C Class Demons.

i think she can easily absorb and redirect alot of that power back.

I also believe she would give Roshi no chance to take the 3-5 second to charge the attack. To someone of their speed caliber its a eternity of openings that scream "Hit Me!"

#13 Posted by Raw_Material (3207 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced said:

Hmm I think you're committing a no limit fallacy here -- just because Genkai can absorb and redirect energy doesn't mean she could do it at the level Roshi is capable of producing. I think the appropriate limit would be her own maximum -- which would be mountain+ level.

That said, I agree that 1: Roshi takes too long to charge a full power Kamehameha and 2: He never uses Kamehameha in any of his fights, really -- the only time he ever did, he didn't even fire it at his opponent, but the moon. He's more likely to use his lightning technique and his martial prowess, as is Genkai.

This

^__^

#14 Posted by dondave (26478 posts) - - Show Bio

Roshi

#15 Edited by SSJLozza (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Impressive, but I don't think she could keep up with a guy just below Kid Goku in power. Even if she could absorb his kamehameha Roshi is vastly hypersonic and has high level superhuman strength.

#16 Edited by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Roshi should win this. Like stated above he is a moon buster and that itself would wreck a continent on Earth.

#17 Posted by Pokergeist (22299 posts) - - Show Bio

@mirrorwave4: The Problem with that feat or statement is his Strength is barely over 20 tons (Buu Saga Goku base Strengths is 40 tons, Buu Saga Goku > Roshi Dragon Ball)

@ssjlozza: Same thing about the Moon Feat.

I am not saying who wins but the Moon feat means nothing since Roshi cannot use it and it does not reflect his Strength.

#18 Posted by SSJLozza (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I would say that Goku struggling with the 40 tons was PIS- although gravity was higher so it would have been 400 Earth tons, but still. When you consider that in Dragonball he was already moving around 50 or 60 ton rocks fairly easily and his power had increased exponentially since then.

#19 Edited by Pokergeist (22299 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza said:

@cadencev2: I would say that Goku struggling with the 40 tons was PIS- although gravity was higher so it would have been 400 Earth tons, but still. When you consider that in Dragonball he was already moving around 50 or 60 ton rocks fairly easily and his power had increased exponentially since then.

yet you failed to considered the fact that Roshi is vastly Inferior to Goku in every way.

What is the best Strength Feat of Roshi? What Suggest Roshi is a 20 toner even?

#20 Posted by GhostRider2 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: his muscles maybe :)) now seriously i never thought how much can he lift.

#21 Posted by NeonGameWave (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

Roshi.

#22 Edited by God_Spawn (35974 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't DBZ vs DBZ or in a CaV or tourney thread.

Locked.