#1 Posted by rd2race (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Round1:

Chief gets a warthog with the chain gun, a rocket launcher w/ 2 shots, two needlers 2 clips each, a battle rifle one clip, and an energy sword

Thing gets an unlimited supply of rocks to throw

They fight at red base in blood gulch.

Round 2: Chief gets a fuel rod cannon w/ 1 shot, the pistol from halo 1 10 clips, a plasma pistol and an assault rifle with unlimited ammo

Thing gets even bigger rocks lol

#2 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, I guess it really depends if these weapons can even hurt the Thing. I wonder what a full clip of needles would do to Ben.

#3 Posted by jwalser3 (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben takes this. But I'm not sure if the Plasma guns will actually hurt him. But hand grenades and rockets wont do anything. And Ben could easily pick up the warthog.

Thing, both rounds.

#4 Posted by Nefarious (20328 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing.

#5 Posted by rd2race (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I wondered if the energy sword would do anything didn't wolverine cut half of ben's face off once? I know a plasma sword isnt really equivalent to adamantium but If it can cut him than I thought chief may have a chance

#6 Posted by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing

#7 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief.

The guy who took down 3 space armies, isn't going down to some Rock thing...

#8 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing

#9 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the Thing have any good speed/reflex feats? Because it doesn't matter how strong he is if he can't hit the Chief, with his 1500% increased reflexes and superhuman precision.

#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

Does the Thing have any good speed/reflex feats? Because it doesn't matter how strong he is if he can't hit the Chief, with his 1500% increased reflexes and superhuman precision.

Well, the main contention here would be if MC has anything that could but Thing down.

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20244 posts) - - Show Bio

Round1:

Chief gets a warthog with the chain gun, a rocket launcher w/ 2 shots, two needlers 2 clips each, a battle rifle one clip, and an energy sword

Thing gets an unlimited supply of rocks to throw

They fight at red base in blood gulch.

Hmm... let's analyze the weapons shall we?

Chaingun

The Halo 70mm Chaingun is impressive, and can dish out heavy damage. It takes out Covenant and MJOLNIR armor shields pretty quickly, which is an impressive feat since John's armor tanked falling from space, so there is something special that is undetermined about this chaingun. If game physics count than I think this weapon will do considerable damage to Ben. If this is the EU Chaingun, then it wouldn't exactly harm Ben, but the sparks would momentarily throw him off track, and keep him distracted. The only downside of this weapon is that it takes a couple seconds to spin and then shoot bullets, which may give time for Thing to punch Chief.

Rocket Launcher

This weapon will probably only stun The Thing if it is the EU version. It will probably disorientate Ben and get him dizzy/confused, but it won't inflict any permanent damage. Also, 2 rockets can only do so much. This could be an emergency weapon to keep The Thing away from Master Chief so he won't get smashed. Game Physics Rocket Launcher might do some damage.

Dual Needlers

This is really interesting. This is probably the only weapon with the same results with EU and Game Physics versions. I think most of these will just bounce off Ben, but if Chief coordinates them well enough, he could shoot them so that they explode around Ben, so it could throw him off and buy John more time. However, I doubt any of these will stick to Thing's thick skin.

Battle Rifle

A Battle Rifle? With one clip? C'mon. Thing has soaked up hits from an enraged Hulk. I don't think a couple dozen of bullets will do anything to The Thing. Game Physics fares slightly better than EU Battle Rifle, but the results are basically the same - nothing.

Energy Sword

The Energy Sword. The notorious weapon of the glorified Elites. Here's how this weapon will go down : semi-useful. Without a doubt in my mind I think this weapon could give some serious damage to Ben. This weapon has cut through MJOLNIR armor like butter, including the shields. This is the armor that survived an impact from space onto a planet's surface. The only problem is Chief getting this close to Ben to get the kill shot (which will take multiple slashes/stabs). Although John is 100x more agile then Thing, there is still a chance Thing will land a hit on John, and that would probably

A) Severely injure him.

B) Knockout him.

Summary : I think Master Chief has a chance in this, but only with his Energy Sword. His other weapons could distract Ben and confuse or wear him down a bit so he can move in with the kill on a disorientated Thing via Energy Sword. Also, rocks won't do anything to John's shields.

Round 2: Chief gets a fuel rod cannon w/ 1 shot, the pistol from halo 1 10 clips, a plasma pistol and an assault rifle with unlimited ammo

Thing gets even bigger rocks lol

Fuel Rod Cannon

I think this weapon, especially the Plasma, will effect Ben, but that one shot must really count. Otherwise, this weapon is of no use. The plasma could really burn Ben and hurt him, and possibly do some

Pistol

10 Clips of this gun? That is overkill! And that isn't sarcasm. Halo fans will know how overpowered the Halo Combat Evolved pistol is! 3-6 shots to the head will already kill a Spartan. 10 clips is probably enough to cripple or kill Thing. That is, if this is Game Physics Pistol. Otherwise, this thing will do nothing to Ben.

Plasma Pistol

While this weapon isn't the best at accuracy, it really gives some good damage. It probably has around 1/10 of the Fuel Rod power without the charge, and this can fire rapidly for an extended period of time before overheating (only for a couple seconds). I think enough of these will do some damage/injure The Thing. A charged shot is probably around 3/10 of the power of a Fuel Rod. However, that overheats it and is slow to recharge. If John is accurate enough, it gives the same results as without the charge, but with faster damage but slower results.

Assault Rifle

If this gun has unlimited ammo, I think it may do some temporary damage at The Thing, but he would shrug it off fairly quickly. However, this could keep some distance between Thing and Master Chief, and buy some time as well. It could even daze him from the sparks emitted from the gunfire.

Summary : Master Chief, again should win this from his various weaponry. However, that is only if the Halo Pistol is Game Physics, or else he loses due to lack of firepower to take down Ben. And, as Round 1, the rocks won't do anything to MJOLNIR's Titanium armor and shields.

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (37882 posts) - - Show Bio

How strong is John again?

#13 Posted by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

In strength?

At max. at Spiderman's strength.

(10-)20 tons.

Vouile

#14 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vouile said:

@god_spawn said:

In strength?

(10-)20 tons.

Vouile

Game Mechanics. Not really past 5 tons from EU what I seen.

#15 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Vouile said:

@god_spawn said:

In strength?

(10-)20 tons.

Vouile

Well if were going to use game mechanics he can flip Scorpions at 66 tons.

Cheif takes this fight with all these weapons. He could do enough damage with the energy sword, and he dances around Thing.

#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (17930 posts) - - Show Bio

MC has a good chance with the first round. Plus Chief can partially alter probability. The Chief has better reaction time, speed, and with that energy sword, idk.

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (83715 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins.

#18 Posted by Strider92 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

He's around a 5tonner.

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Vouile said:

@god_spawn said:

In strength?

(10-)20 tons.

Vouile

That's being generous. He's roughly 2-3 tons at best.

Regardless, none of the weaponry is going to cause any severe injury to Ben.

#20 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

only the energy sword can harm ben.

#21 Edited by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief if he is armed with Spartan Laser and Energy Sword, Ben if not.

#22 Posted by Vouile (678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Vouile said:

@god_spawn said:

In strength?

(10-)20 tons.

Vouile

That's being generous. He's roughly 2-3 tons at best.

Regardless, none of the weaponry is going to cause any severe injury to Ben.

Alright my apologies.

I just assumed so due to multiple comments on a "Spiderman vs. Master Cheif" thread saying that he can carry as much as Spiderman.

But yeah you may be right, 2-3 tons sounds about right. 5 tons max.

Vouile

#23 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing rips Master Chief in half. as soon as chief tries for a swing with the sword, Thing can just knock him out cold from one punch. 75-100 tonner here is what we talkin 'bout so... Thing wins.

#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben.