#1 Edited by i_like_swords (13802 posts) - - Show Bio

Combatants (Beware of large epic images)

Rules

- Standard gear (Chief has his usual weapons. Assault Rifle, Pistol, Armor abilities like Jetpack, Active Camo ect)

- Basic knowledge on each other (Gorgon is a skilled swordsman with some superpowers, Chief is some kind of enhanced soldier with guns)

- No prep, surprise encounter

- Current versions

Location (Both start at different sides, visible)

#2 Edited by i_like_swords (13802 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Saren (25555 posts) - - Show Bio

GORGON THROWS HIM OFF A CLIFF LOL

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by RogueShadow (10231 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgon.

#5 Edited by dondave (35901 posts) - - Show Bio

Tomi

#6 Posted by MonsterStomp (16671 posts) - - Show Bio

F*#k it. Gorgon got this. Now someone make an intentional mismatch with this fool.

#7 Edited by Jmarshmallow (4545 posts) - - Show Bio

You say "Standard Gear" for Chief, but what exactly does that mean? Like an assault rifle and pistol? And what about armor powerups, like Jetpacks, armor lock, camouflage, holograms, etc?

Because of those factors could easily tilt the battle in Chief's favor.

And I really don't see Tomi's sword doing anything to Chief's armor to be honest. I mean, obviously if Chief just stood there taking it then it could do some damage.

But with the small amount of contact that Gorgon would make, I can't imagine he's going to do any serious damage.

Jmarshmallow

#8 Posted by Saren (25555 posts) - - Show Bio

You say "Standard Gear" for Chief, but what exactly does that mean? Like an assault rifle and pistol? And what about armor powerups, like Jetpacks, armor lock, camouflage, holograms, etc?

And I really don't see Tomi's sword doing anything to Chief's armor to be honest. I mean, obviously if Chief just stood there taking it then it could do some damage.

But with the small amount of contact that Gorgon would make, I can't imagine he's going to do any serious damage.

Jmarshmallow

That sword could cut through Ares' skin, and you think Master Chief's armor will hold up against it?

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

Hey, people are catching unto our thing @laflux!

#10 Posted by laflux (14959 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

I'm sueing you for copyright.....

#11 Posted by i_like_swords (13802 posts) - - Show Bio

Just whatever current master chief uses most commonly. And yeah, he can have his relevant armor abilities aswell. I'll edit that in.

I'll give him extra gear if he really needs it.

#12 Edited by i_like_swords (13802 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

Gorgon.

@dondave said:

Tomi

F*#k it. Gorgon got this. Now someone make an intentional mismatch with this fool.

I need explanations motherfluffers. What gives Gorgon the edge and how close is this fight?

#13 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmmmm. I would be willing to bet that fancy visor, which allows Master Chief to view things digitally instead of manually, would probably protect him from the stone gaze.

I'm going Master Chief. Via superior weaponry, versatility, stats, and durability.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (13802 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Hmmmmmmm. I would be willing to bet that fancy visor, which allows Master Chief to view things digitally instead of manually, would probably protect him from the stone gaze.

I agree ;)

#15 Posted by Jmarshmallow (4545 posts) - - Show Bio
@saren said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

That sword could cut through Ares' skin, and you think Master Chief's armor will hold up against it?

I do! Not saying that it wouldn't eventually cut through him, I just can't picture him landing a solid enough hit on Chief to slice right through his armor, considering it shook off re-entry, energy swords, etc. Especially since Chief has a pretty solid reaction speed advantage IMO.

Jmarshmallow

#16 Edited by laflux (14959 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

I'm going Master Chief. Via superior weaponry, versatility, stats, and durability.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I really doubt that Master-Chief is faster or more durable than Gorgon (if we take into account his healing factor). Strength is debatable (I think MC may have a small edge), but considering Gorgon is using a sword, I don't think its a big issue. And Chief's weaponry and versatility doesn't mean so much when Gorgon can outright dogde, or tank alot of MC puts out (thanks to his healing factor), has a sword that can one-shot him, and is country-miles ahead of him in terms of battle skill.

#17 Posted by laflux (14959 posts) - - Show Bio

U MAD BRO!!?

#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (16671 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: When is that going to get old?

#19 Posted by Pr0metheus (5085 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed usually trumps,and Gorgon has the speed for this fight.

If those little pissy grunts things that make the rest scream when you kill one and hurt him with fists, I'm pretty sure Gorgon could.

#20 Posted by laflux (14959 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: When is that going to get old?

The fact that I read the comic, cropped the image and was using it before @wolverine08 even got his hands on the comic, yet he still promotes around as much as I do certainly doesn't help its longevity :P

#21 Posted by MonsterStomp (16671 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (40536 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters are hating on my swag as per usual!

#23 Edited by MonsterStomp (16671 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: He has swag... Apparently :O

USE THE PIC NOW!

#24 Edited by laflux (14959 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

I'm going to make an @theacidskull type post about you, with screenshot evidence, quotes, eye-witnesseses and everything one of these days. You better tread carefully if I were you......

#25 Posted by Eisenfauste (8112 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless his sword can be shown to pass through energy shields I doubt he will be one shotting chief with it. Both of them are bullet timers and apparently, as the gorgonites show, can tank some good damage.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek you have the beautiful scan of chief tanking all the those plasma shots from Hunters, I doubt gorgon can do that without getting back up as quick as chief can.

To any gorgon fan here

1. Does Gorgon get briefly KO'd if his brain gets shot up.

2. How powerful is his sword

I think Chief can take this in a close fight, mainly because gorgon's healing factor.

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17769 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

I'm going to make an @theacidskull type post about you, with screenshot evidence, quotes, eye-witnesseses and everything one of these days. You better tread carefully if I were you......

So we already doing the transition? OK then!

Wolverine08, listen up, you are entering the next level, so be prepared, because I promise you, your jimmies will be rustled.

#27 Posted by XiiX (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgon.