• 79 results
Lord Blackbolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lord Blackbolt

does samus have enough power to take down the master?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Static Shock

This has been done. Samus won everytime.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Master Chief is the most boring,poorly created character I have ever come across.I can't believe people care about an obvious SAMUS rip-off that isn't even close to as cool.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mantoid

Vance Astro says:

"Master Chief is the most boring,poorly created character I have ever come across.I can't believe people care about an obvious SAMUS rip-off that isn't even close to as cool."

I agree, Samus way outclasses Master Chief.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Switch says:

"Samus wins but Master Chief is cooler by far."

Ha.

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Switch

Samus wins but Master Chief is cooler by far.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mantoid

Switch says:

Oh yeah, I really agree with you, NOT!!!!!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Switch says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Master Chief is the most boring,poorly created character I have ever come across.I can't believe people care about an obvious SAMUS rip-off that isn't even close to as cool."
Haha"

It's true.Master Chief is boring,every other Spartan looks exactly like him.Some people can't even tell it's not him on DOA4 although it's clearly a females voice coming out of the helmet.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Vance Astro says:

"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
Haha"
It's true.Master Chief is boring,every other Spartan looks exactly like him.Some people can't even tell it's not him on DOA4 although it's clearly a females voice coming out of the helmet."
Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Switch

Vance Astro says:

Haha

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Switch

mantoid says:

"Switch says:

Oh yeah, I really agree with you, NOT!!!!!!!"

I just want you to know that I value your opinion. Wait, no I don't. I don't care about what you think at all. Funny how I got those two mixed up.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mantoid

Switch says:

"mantoid says:
"Switch says:
I just want you to know that I value your opinion. Wait, no I don't. I don't care about what you think at all. Funny how I got those two mixed up."

Oh, you don't care what I think, that makes me about to cry. Boo-hoo! You really hurt my feelings.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

mantoid says:

"Switch says:
"mantoid says:
"Switch says:
I just want you to know that I value your opinion. Wait, no I don't. I don't care about what you think at all. Funny how I got those two mixed up."
Oh, you don't care what I think, that makes me about to cry. Boo-hoo! You really hurt my feelings."

Don't cry lol.

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Switch

Vance Astro says:

"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
Haha"

It's true.Master Chief is boring,every other Spartan looks exactly like him.Some people can't even tell it's not him on DOA4 although it's clearly a females voice coming out of the helmet."

Its the difference between Superman and Batman. Ive always gone for the dark knight. You obviously prefer the more powerful character. The fact that all spartans wear the same armour if good characterisation as they are part of the military and so would be given the same equipment. As for people mistaking the DOA character, what can you do about idiots?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Switch says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
Haha"
Its the difference between Superman and Batman. Ive always gone for the dark knight. You obviously prefer the more powerful character. The fact that all spartans wear the same armour if good characterisation as they are part of the military and so would be given the same equipment. As for people mistaking the DOA character, what can you do about idiots?"

I don't prefer a more powerful character,I prefer a less boring one.Master Chief is in no way original.

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Switch

mantoid says:

"Switch says:
"mantoid says:
"Switch says:

Oh, you don't care what I think, that makes me about to cry. Boo-hoo! You really hurt my feelings."

You must have missed the part where I don't care :P

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Switch says:

"mantoid says:
"Switch says:
"mantoid says:
"Switch says:
You must have missed the part where I don't care :P "

lol.

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mantoid

Switch says:

"mantoid says:
"Switch says:
"mantoid says:
"Switch says:

I don't care, I don't care,... that is all that I am hearing from you! Come on, be creative!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Switch says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
Haha"
Its the difference between Superman and Batman. Ive always gone for the dark knight. You obviously prefer the more powerful character. The fact that all spartans wear the same armour if good characterisation as they are part of the military and so would be given the same equipment. As for people mistaking the DOA character, what can you do about idiots?"
I don't prefer a more powerful character,I prefer a less boring one.Master Chief is in no way original."
Im willing to learn. How is he not original. As far as I can see him and Samus have practically no similarities other than living in the future, wearing armour and fighting aliens. I find the MC quite an interesting character. He has a troubled upbringing and has been molded by a lifetime of training and hasn't lost his individuality. Despite everything that he has gone through he is still willing to die in order to save the world. In contrast Samus is a merc who kills the same bad guy over and over again. But anyway, neither of us is going to change the others opinions so there really is no point in doing this unless you wanna smack talk and have the thread locked."

Master Chief=weak storyline,even weaker armor and weapons.

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Switch

Vance Astro says:

"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
Haha"

I don't prefer a more powerful character,I prefer a less boring one.Master Chief is in no way original."

Im willing to learn. How is he not original. As far as I can see him and Samus have practically no similarities other than living in the future, wearing armour and fighting aliens.

I find the MC quite an interesting character. He has a troubled upbringing and has been molded by a lifetime of training and hasn't lost his individuality. Despite everything that he has gone through he is still willing to die in order to save the world.

In contrast Samus is a merc who kills the same bad guy over and over again. But anyway, neither of us is going to change the others opinions so there really is no point in doing this unless you wanna smack talk and have the thread locked.

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Switch

mantoid says:

"Switch says:
"mantoid says:
"Switch says:
"mantoid says:
"Switch says:

I don't care, I don't care,... that is all that I am hearing from you! Come on, be creative!"

Nice creativity there. Couldn't think of anything to say so you fell back on an old classic. Why dont you just chant "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me" then stick your tongue out at me. It would have the same effect.

I particularly enjoyed your feeble retort to my perfectly valid point of view that I felt that the Master chief was a better character. I mean I didn't realise that you had a contrasting point of view from your earlier posts but you sure cleared that up with your statement.
Post Edited:2008-02-12 13:21:43

Switch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Switch

Vance Astro says:

"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
Haha"
Im willing to learn. How is he not original. As far as I can see him and Samus have practically no similarities other than living in the future, wearing armour and fighting aliens. I find the MC quite an interesting character. He has a troubled upbringing and has been molded by a lifetime of training and hasn't lost his individuality. Despite everything that he has gone through he is still willing to die in order to save the world. In contrast Samus is a merc who kills the same bad guy over and over again. But anyway, neither of us is going to change the others opinions so there really is no point in doing this unless you wanna smack talk and have the thread locked."

Master Chief=weak storyline,even weaker armor and weapons."

So essentially your refuting your statement that you don't prefer the more powerful character, effectivly removing credibility form your argument. A cunning strategy, lets hope it pays off for you. But I doubt it. I agree that the chief is weaker, thats why I prefer him. Hes just a man who has to struggle against his enemies, making him more heroic.

As for storyline. Personally, and this is just my opinion, a story involving a genocidal intergalactic war with an alien species and a love story that stretches beyond the universe is better than the bad guys are pissing Samus of again, go thrown down. The Halo storyline incorporates futuristic setting with Homeric scope and sacrifice. Samus has got what? More pirates?

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Samus wins, but the Halo-verse is still more interesting, IMHO.

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well argued Switch, and I agree that Master Chief is a better character. I also agree that Halo is a better story and it's a better game. Though cooler, Master Chief does unfortunately lose to Samus.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sparda

Switch says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
Haha"

Im willing to learn. How is he not original. As far as I can see him and Samus have practically no similarities other than living in the future, wearing armour and fighting aliens.

I find the MC quite an interesting character. He has a troubled upbringing and has been molded by a lifetime of training and hasn't lost his individuality. Despite everything that he has gone through he is still willing to die in order to save the world.

In contrast Samus is a merc who kills the same bad guy over and over again. But anyway, neither of us is going to change the others opinions so there really is no point in doing this unless you wanna smack talk and have the thread locked."

Samus is a bounty hunter who's parents were killed by Space Pirates when she was three. Then she was raised by the smartest race in the galaxy, given genetic implants, and trained to be the most lethal living weapon since she was three.

Master Chief kills the same Grunts, the same Elites, over and over again for three games. Samus has genocided three species worth, and killed planets of creatures.

I'm not normally like this, but your post kinda p!ssed me off.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sparda

Switch says:

"As for storyline. Personally, and this is just my opinion, a story involving a genocidal intergalactic war with an alien species and a love story that stretches beyond the universe is better than the bad guys are pissing Samus of again, go thrown down. The Halo storyline incorporates futuristic setting with Homeric scope and sacrifice. Samus has got what? More pirates?"

WTF? Is that all Metroid is to you?

What was the last one you played? Seriously, tell me.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Switch says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Switch says:
"Vance Astro says:
Haha"
Master Chief=weak storyline,even weaker armor and weapons."
So essentially your refuting your statement that you don't prefer the more powerful character, effectivly removing credibility form your argument. A cunning strategy, lets hope it pays off for you. But I doubt it. I agree that the chief is weaker, thats why I prefer him. Hes just a man who has to struggle against his enemies, making him more heroic. As for storyline. Personally, and this is just my opinion, a story involving a genocidal intergalactic war with an alien species and a love story that stretches beyond the universe is better than the bad guys are pissing Samus of again, go thrown down. The Halo storyline incorporates futuristic setting with Homeric scope and sacrifice. Samus has got what? More pirates?"

When I said weak I mean't...forget it.

Angelic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Angelic Reaper

Samus all the way. I like MC But... Samus would beat him down to a pulp

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sparda

Sparda says:

"Switch says:
"As for storyline. Personally, and this is just my opinion, a story involving a genocidal intergalactic war with an alien species and a love story that stretches beyond the universe is better than the bad guys are pissing Samus of again, go thrown down. The Halo storyline incorporates futuristic setting with Homeric scope and sacrifice. Samus has got what? More pirates?"

WTF? Is that all Metroid is to you?

What was the last one you played? Seriously, tell me."

I'm quickly running out of time, so I'll just make my point already.

Since you seem to be unable to recognize how Metroid is more subtle than Halo in the plot department, I'll explain for you. Instead of the mindless brawl that you make Metroid out to be, it has very much to do with the difference and choices one must make regarding feelings and duty, and the repercussions of those. Instead of Samus completely destroying the sh!t out of those Metroids on SR-388, she let the last bit of her (almost completely lost) humanity shine through, and she spared it. Instead of obeying her orders and letting a deadly strain of parasites into the universe, she pleaded with her CO until she managed to show the AI it's own human side and then follow her feelings and stop the infection from spreading.

She's had to deal with lost love and lost family, and constantly struggles between following what's left of her personal beliefs and what her job tells her to do. MC also does that, whaddaya know. There's another similarity between the two.

Metroid incorporates isolation and responsibility into it's story of futuristic terrorism. So instead of just dissing it off on the subtleties of it's plot, how about you look a little deeper or play one of the games.

I apologize in advance for all this crap, as I tend to get worked up over discussions such as these.

Nateron2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Nateron2

BUMP!!

MC the Underdog!!

Haters gonna hate! XD

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Decoy Elite

MC and Samus have almost nothing in common.

Samus stomps easily. I don't care what weapons MC has here.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Nateron2: If you're going to bump a 5 year old thread then please remember to actually add something to the discussion.

What you did might as well count as spam.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By New_World_Order

Samus.

Nateron2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nateron2

@Decoy Elite: I did, it was my opinion. Otherwise Mr. Smartiepants would you rather me start up another EXACT SAME BATTLE...?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Nateron2 said:

@Decoy Elite: I did, it was my opinion. Otherwise Mr. Smartiepants would you rather me start up another EXACT SAME BATTLE...?

Okay well just so you know bumping 5 your old threads without trying to spark discussion can be considered as spam.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Well technically if you give MC whatever equipment he wants then his can get tactical nukes and Cortana. That's kinda OP.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@MisterGuyMan said:

Well technically if you give MC whatever equipment he wants then his can get tactical nukes and Cortana. That's kinda OP.

Samus' base shielding can tank Terrawatt (kiloton) level hits as minor damage (Evidence: Volt Driver logs say it has terrawatt per shot firepower). She gets much, much tougher from there. So logically Samus would one shot Master chief with her most basic weapon, and chief would barely scratch her with a nuke to the face.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By onilordasmodeus

This fight would be more interesting if the OP equalized there stats to where MC could compete. I think MC's training could go a long way in a more fair fight, and it would force them both to use there skills and suit abilities to gain a win.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MisterGuyMan

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Samus' base shielding can tank Terrawatt (kiloton) level hits as minor damage (Evidence: Volt Driver logs say it has terrawatt per shot firepower). She gets much, much tougher from there. So logically Samus would one shot Master chief with her most basic weapon, and chief would barely scratch her with a nuke to the face.

A Terrawatt is equivalent to a lightning bolt. Havoc tactical mines in Halo are 30 Kilotons so they're not close. Nukes actually can produce lightning as a side effect.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@MisterGuyMan said:

@Lord_Johnathan said:

A Terrawatt is equivalent to a lightning bolt. Havoc tactical mines in Halo are 30 Kilotons so they're not close. Nukes actually can produce lightning as a side effect.

Lightning only imparts roughly 500 megajoules of it's energy load into what it strikes. The Volt Driver by all accounts dumps everything into it's target at once without wasted energy. And it's not a very strong weapon, you can tank dozens of hits with one energy tanks without much trouble. With her fully upgraded suit with every armor upgrade, a volt driver shot wouldn't even scratch the shielding, and she'd have over a hundred energy tanks.

Samus is vastly, ridiculously, ludicrously superior to Master Chief, she is smarter (she is a scientific and engineering genius as per the Prime series), she is faster (speed boster, pre-cog et al), she is stronger (can punch a robot that is impervious to her missiles which are vastly stronger than volt driver shots so hard that the robot folds up like an accordion in a manga), she is a better warrior (MC would be killed by anything of note in metroid, Samus would obliterate all of Chief's enemies), her technology is OMGWTF more advanced in every imaginable capacity, and she generally makes John-117 look like an obsolete dinosaur in comparison. Oh and hacking is useless against her, alien supertech can only manage to frizzle up her visor a bit and she can reboot in seconds from it. Much more primitive systems like Cortana would do jack and squat.

Samus still one shots chief with a power beam shot before he can even register he's even in a fight.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NeonGameWave

It could go either way. It depends on the following conditions:

Morals and bloodlust

Equipment

Prep

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@NeonGameWave said:

It could go either way. It depends on the following conditions:

Morals and bloodlust

Equipment

Prep

No, even with her most basic equipment, Samus is vastly superior to the chief in most every capacity. Full power samus would obliterate every member of every spartan program in the UNSC ever in seconds. We are talking about a woman who could wipe out an entire space marine chapter single handedly in less than an hour.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Samus

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Lord_Johnathan: Good point but what about conditions revolving around prep and equipment?

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@NeonGameWave said:

@Lord_Johnathan: Good point but what about conditions revolving around prep and equipment?

Samus is smarter than Chief is by a longshot, the Prime series shows she has a high level grasp on scientific and engineering principles and she was given the best education a race of beings far more intelligent and advanced than humans could give her. Not to mention her scan visor gives her a readout of the abilities and weaknesses of her foes in moments. Not that it'd matter since Samus' energy output is ridiculously beyond Chief's. Let's put it this way, Chief could plonk away at Samus with a Spartan laser from now until doomsday and not even get her attention, but one shot from Samus' weakest weapon would reduce Chief into a bloody mist.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MisterGuyMan

@Lord_Johnathan:

This is a case of comic physics colliding with real physics. Regardless of how OP Samus' arsenal can be in a gunfigh intended fo close battles, the real physics of a Nuclear weapon trumps everything she has. she's encountered Nuclear level explosions in the past and she's only run away to escape the detonation. If Samus can kill John then Cortana activates a nuke and it's a stalemate. The suit could actually do that much itself.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@MisterGuyMan said:

@Lord_Johnathan:

This is a case of comic physics colliding with real physics. Regardless of how OP Samus' arsenal can be in a gunfigh intended fo close battles, the real physics of a Nuclear weapon trumps everything she has. she's encountered Nuclear level explosions in the past and she's only run away to escape the detonation. If Samus can kill John then Cortana activates a nuke and it's a stalemate. The suit could actually do that much itself.

Or she just fires a black hole at him and any such commands Cortana can send are useless, because her data would have no way of escaping the black hole before it dissapates and scrambles her information everywhere beyond any hope of reformation. And the Theronian bomb had a significantly larger mushroom cloud than any real nuke given that the Leviathan seed was rooted to the core of a gas giant.

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ComocYahweh

Samus is far superior in every way possible, physically much much stronger, much faster, far better tech and weaponry.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MisterGuyMan

@Lord_Johnathan said:

@MisterGuyMan

Or she just fires a black hole at him and any such commands Cortana can send are useless, because her data would have no way of escaping the black hole before it dissapates and scrambles her information everywhere beyond any hope of reformation. And the Theronian bomb had a significantly larger mushroom cloud than any real nuke given that the Leviathan seed was rooted to the core of a gas giant.

Samus' Black Hole doesn't resemble a real life Black whole at all. Moreover signals can prevent nukes from exploding so killing MC can trigger the nuke too. Regarding the Black Hole, large enough enemies can avoid it's pull so there are obvious differences to their real life equivalent. Also Samus has run away from mere Sattelite busters.

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kellar21

Samus tech is way more advanced than what Master Chief has,she has weapons that fire in the terawatt range,her armor can take loads of damage,among other things.

She wins,but IMO MC is a better character and the story is better.