#1 Edited by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

MASTER CHIEF VS. ALCATRAZ AND PROPHET

Master Chief: weapons and armor

Battle Rifle

Assault Rifle

Magnum

4 Frag Grenades and 4 Sticky Grenades

MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor Mark VII

Prophet and Alcatraz: weapons and armor (each)

SCAR (SOFU Combat Assault Rifle)

Tactical Shotgun

C-4

6 Frag Grenades

Nanosuit 2

MC and team are able to use all armor attributes and abilities (i.e. MC can use Shield, Jet Pack, Sprint, Active Camo, etc. - Team Crysis have all armor primary, and secondary modes)...but NO HEAT VISION, INFARED OR ANY VISION ALTERING SPEC (Scopes and binoculars not included)!

Where: Ruins of Berlin (1945)

Prophet and Alcatraz have a full day of prep. Their prep time is spent placing C-4 in strategic locations and finding the most advantageous angles for attack and ambush. They know thier comming opponent is tougher and smarter than they are, but have no formal knoledge of Master Chief.

2 Rounds

Round 1: The OP

Round 2: H2H with armor on. (No armor modes for Team Crysis and no armor abilities for MC. Just their default added strength, durability and H2H skill)

IMO: Master Chief is too much for either of them in a solo match, by a fairly large margin; however, I hope the OP helps to balance the odds for the fight and give neither side the edge.

Let me know if i need to throw in Nomad for the Crysis Team as well.

This is to the death. Who wins; Master Chief or the Crysis duo?

#2 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - could go either way

Round 2 - the team, they are strong, durable and fast enough to take it i think

#3 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

So active camo, over shield, sprint, light shield, armor lock, jetpack...Are those things available for MC?

#4 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW: yes they are. But not in round 2.

#5 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@ToO_RaW: yes they are. But not in round 2.

John wins both rounds in my opinion. Too strong, too fast and too durable. Plus he's a tactical and strategical genius (almost unmatched).

#6 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW: how about if I added Nomad to the Crysis roster?

I know MC is their superior in every way, but the feats you can perform in those nanosuits are dang impressive, and I feel those attributes can give them the edge in an ambush situation. The gun tech is fairly similar, so no advantage there (in the OP, I mean). Strength and speed goes to MC w/o question, but the Power attribute in the nanosuit 2 armor allows for intense speed and ridiculous strength. I'm at work amd have no scans, but I remember throwing people and aliens as if they were toys, light toys at that. Durability goes to MC, even with the armor attribute on for the Nanosuit 2. However, I i give to the team, as their quasi-active camp lasts longer and appears to be more transparent than MCs.

With the OP, I give it to the team, random encounter...MC stomps.

Round 2 goes to MC.

#7 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@ToO_RaW: how about if I added Nomad to the Crysis roster?

I know MC is their superior in every way, but the feats you can perform in those nanosuits are dang impressive, and I feel those attributes can give them the edge in an ambush situation. The gun tech is fairly similar, so no advantage there (in the OP, I mean). Strength and speed goes to MC w/o question, but the Power attribute in the nanosuit 2 armor allows for intense speed and ridiculous strength. I'm at work amd have no scans, but I remember throwing people and aliens as if they were toys, light toys at that. Durability goes to MC, even with the armor attribute on for the Nanosuit 2. However, I i give to the team, as their quasi-active camp lasts longer and appears to be more transparent than MCs.

With the OP, I give it to the team, random encounter...MC stomps.

Round 2 goes to MC.

I'm not the most educated in Crysis lore, so my answers are limited. I'm basing my answer off of minimal Crysis game play and extreme knowledge of the Halo universe. So, my opinion is possibly biased.

#8 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW: maybe, but it doesn't mean that you are wrong. I, actually, don't know who would win this.

#9 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW:

Here is a pretty good demonstration of the abilities of the 1st nanosuit.

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

SPARTAN II's has gone toe-to-toe with SPARTAN III's before and mopped the floor with them.

Kelly-087 alone took down 3 SPARTAN III's and humiliated them.

I say Master Chief clears this with minor difficulty.

#11 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: really? Even with all of the attributes the Nanosuit 2 has. When they use a specific attribute (i.e. Power, Camo, etc) it is more than MJOLNIR produces, albeit for a short amount of time, but that gives the Team a window. And they are trained highly enough to expose those windows of opportunity. Now, dont get me wrong, I think in a random encounter MC would mop the floor with them until he was bored with spilling their blood, but i took a lot of his edge away when i didnt allow MC to be on the offensive. I gave that to Team Crysis.

Would a third Nanosuit 2 (Nomad) make it more of an even match in your mind?

#12 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@ToO_RaW: maybe, but it doesn't mean that you are wrong. I, actually, don't know who would win this.

I'd like someone with an equal knowledge of both universes to chime in.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

SPARTAN II's has gone toe-to-toe with SPARTAN III's before and mopped the floor with them.

Kelly-087 alone took down 3 SPARTAN III's and humiliated them.

I say Master Chief clears this with minor difficulty.

Naturally, any spartan after the original SPARTAN II's are fodder compared to Chief.

#13 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartan92: Great video..love the nanosuit.

#14 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork:Thanks, yea me to.Cant wait for Crysis 3 this month.

#15 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@spartan92: Great video..love the nanosuit.

Yea, but even at max strength and speed, chief surpasses them by a large margin. Chief is probably faster and stronger without his mjolnir armor IMO, Based on that video, anyway...

#16 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW: That is also the Nanosuit 1. Nanosuit 2 conserves energy more efficiently, and has a higher output for the suits attributes.

#17 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@ToO_RaW: That is also the Nanosuit 1. Nanosuit 2 conserves energy more efficiently, and has a higher output for the suits attributes.

By how much would you say?

#18 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW: If i am to be honest...i would say somewhere in the 35%-40% for energy efficiency, and probably 20%-25% higher output to the suit's attributes. The suit's default durabilty also increased with the newer version. But, it is still no MJOLNIR Mark VII armor.

While MC would be able to withstand most of what Team Crysis could throw at him, he would have a fairly difficult time locking one of them down for the kill. Team would be all over the place, in an area that they made themselves familiar too. And, because i gave the prep to TEAM Crysis, they will be able to keep the fight in those areas, and lure him into a few traps. Though, not that MC would fall for a trap necessarily, but it will take some of his focus away from the fight at hand.

#19 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Alcatraz can do this solo.

#20 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: How so, MC is physically and technologically superior in every way. I think with my OP, Team wins after a hard fight. But, neither could solo John in nearly any situation.

#21 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@AtPhantom: How so, MC is physically and technologically superior in every way. I think with my OP, Team wins after a hard fight. But, neither could solo John in nearly any situation.

Technologically and physically superior? Alcatraz can fall off a building just shrug it off. He can kick cars into the air, run at stupidly high speeds and turn invisible. Not to mention that he cannot actually be hurt short of dismemberment because he doesn't have internal organs anymore, and that he has a tactical computer in his head which actually does most of his thinking for him (as well as a backup copy of Prophet in his head). I think Master Chief is at a serious disadvantage here.

#22 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: Sorry, imeant for that to be on the thread and not a PM. :(

#23 Edited by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

It appears I just made the same mistake. :P I'll just copy the answers here.

I see your point; however, technologically...yes MC is more advanced. MJOLNIR armor was invented in 2552, whereas the Nanosuits were created in the near future. That doesnt necessarily mean he is more advanced, but my OP gives MC all of the abilities the MJOLNIR can apply...I.E. Active Camo, Jet Pack, Shield, etc. Nanosuit durability is fairly impressive, especially Nanosuit 2.

That's rather irrelevant. The Nanosuit 2.0 was reverse engineered from aliens who are millions, if not billions of years old and would potentially make the Covenant their bitches with ease. Besides, even if it is from four centuries up, different settings have very different development rates. Take Star Trek for example. Set two centuries before Halo, and yet their tech is stupidly more advanced. Bottom line is that age does not equal advancement.

Back to physicality...yes, MC is more than a meta-human...he is nearly superhuman without the armor on. I have no scans, and am at work, but his comic version has pretty awesome feats. I mean, come one, the guy can flip a tank like its nothing, i know cause im always rolling those damn things over and have to press 'x'. jk

I, actually, dont have the best arguments for good ole John, as i side with Team Crysis, but I made this thread and feel the need to play devil's advocate to keep it alive. lol

I'd really like to see what Master Chief can do on a good day. Halo's not my favorite series ever and I don't have that much knowledge on it, but from what I have seen, I don't think Master Chief stands much of a chance against our favorite zombie super soldier.

#24 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: MC has survived Orbital drops,His shields have tanked Rocket shots and Fuel Rods,etc and is capable of running somewhere around 95 mph.

He also is a bullet timer and can lift at least 15 tons.

#25 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerberusPrime3k said:

@AtPhantom: MC has survived Orbital drops,His shields have tanked Rocket shots and Fuel Rods,etc and is capable of running somewhere around 95 mph.

Alcatraz can survive rockets just fine as well. Pretty sure Chief's never survived an orbital drop. He jumped once from the Cairo ODP to a Covenant ship in a slightly lower orbit, and once from the keyship in atmosphere to the ground, and his armor had to lock up and go completely rigid to save his life. That would have been a terrible situation if he wasn't found by friendlies.

I'd like to see evidence for the rest.

#26 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom:

Pulled from Fall of Reach

“Your Spartans can run at bursts of up to fifty-five KPH,” he explained. “Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the ‘alterations’ we’ve made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight—which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark.”

that was without the Armor

The Armor multiplies by 5

without the armor he can run around 19 mph.

John focused his mind on motion. He leaped over a three-meter-high wall. He punched at concrete targets—shattering them. He threw knives, sinking them up to their hafts into target dummies. He slid under barbed wire as bullets zinged over his head. He stood, and let the rounds deflect off the armor. To amazement, he actually dodged one or two of the rounds.

This is when He gets into his Armor for the first time his Armor has been upgraded since then.

#27 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerberusPrime3k: yeah, the Mark VII armor is ridiculous.

#28 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerberusPrime3k:To be able to lift 15 tons in armor would have to mean they could lift 3 tons without armor, meaning each of them would have to weigh a ton. That's almost ten times the normal body weight so I highly doubt that part. The quote itself says "Double the norm" implying their wight is only twice as much as a normal human's, bringing their strength down to 3 tons.

I also doubt the armor scales speed and strength linearly. so can we have some actual feats of Master Chief using that strength and speed?

#29 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork: Actually, SPARTAN III's have active camo as well.

From Fall of Reach pg. 209

Crossing through these would be more difficult than the jungle. They donned camouflage cloaks that masked their thermal signatures and crawled through the muck on their stomachs.
#30 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't really matter since it only cloaks their thermal signatures and Alcy is banned from using his nanovision anyway.

#31 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: Their bodies were augmented with

arbide ceramic ossification: advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually unbreakable

Muscular enhancement injections: protein complex is injected intra-muscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase build up and increase recovery time.

Catalytic thyroid implant: platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues

Occipital Capillary reversal: submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of the subject's retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

Superconducting fibrification of neural dendrites: alteration of bioelectircal nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. three hundred percent increase in subjects reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity.

When He is in his Armor He weighs 1,000 l.b without hes 400 l.b

#32 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerberusPrime3k: Okay. That doesn't really mean anything to me (Apart from the weight, which tells me I was right about the strength part).

#33 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: oh yeah, I knew that. Sorry if I said something that told you otherwise. I was simply stating that the MJOLNIR mark VII armor has more efficiency in its attributes.

However, I must say this is becoming a great debate.

#34 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

Doesn't really matter since it only cloaks their thermal signatures and Alcy is banned from using his nanovision anyway.

No it also acts as an active camouflage.

These were prominently featured in Halo : Ghosts of Onyx, and are similar to SPARTAN III armor

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Semi-Powered_Infiltration_armor

As you can see, they stole Covenant technology to make their armor mimic their surroundings. It also masks their thermal signatures, so that's an added bonus. Also, Alcatraz' cloaking won't really be useful if Chief has thermal vision (unless it cloaks the thermal signatures as well, which I doubt since in the game enemies sometimes still notice Alcatraz when he comes too close).

From Halo 4

#35 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@nerdork said:

Technologically and physically superior? Alcatraz can fall off a building just shrug it off. He can kick cars into the air, run at stupidly high speeds and turn invisible. Not to mention that he cannot actually be hurt short of dismemberment because he doesn't have internal organs anymore, and that he has a tactical computer in his head which actually does most of his thinking for him (as well as a backup copy of Prophet in his head). I think Master Chief is at a serious disadvantage here.

Yeah, well Chief can survive atmospheric re-entry.

Chief can punch through tanks, and lift Warthogs (his strength is 10-15 + tons) He has also dealt with thousands of foes with active camouflage, such as Elites, so that isn't anything he isn't unfamiliar with.

Also, how does Alcatraz die in the game if he has no internal organs? And to be honest Cortana is 10x more sophisticated than Prophet, and Chief can think on his own too.

@CerberusPrime3k said:

Alcatraz can survive rockets just fine as well. Pretty sure Chief's never survived an orbital drop. He jumped once from the Cairo ODP to a Covenant ship in a slightly lower orbit, and once from the keyship in atmosphere to the ground, and his armor had to lock up and go completely rigid to save his life. That would have been a terrible situation if he wasn't found by friendlies.

I'd like to see evidence for the rest.

You do know that the armor locking is only a safety mechanism right?

On top of that, note that in the Halo 3 video (approx. 1:45) the Marine says the gel layer could have taken most of the impact. That and the titanium bodysuit are vital parts in Chief's survival. The gel layers are designed to adapt and absorb impact, whether dull or sharp, as well as extreme temperatures

Oh, and Master Chief tanks missiles all the time as well. Heck, he slapped one out of his way in Fall of Reach.

#36 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

John should have this.

#37 Edited by Towerworld (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:  
As halo 3 states; it was a 2 kilometer drop still impressive though.   

And the armor locking mechanism was actually extremely significant  in saving his life, as stated in the halo encyclopedia; the armor lock down is the suit's hydrostatic gel layers hyper-pressurizing to protect the users body from especially high impact trauma.   

Where are you getting this 10-15 tons from? lifting a warthog would not require that level of strength and punching through tank armor is strictly a game mechanic.  

Other people calling masterchief a bullet timer don't bullshit me, dodging bullets=/= bullet time. 
#38 Edited by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Towerworld said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: As halo 3 states; it was a 2 kilometer drop still impressive though. And the armor locking mechanism was actually extremely significant in saving his life, as stated in the halo encyclopedia; the armor lock down is the suit's hydrostatic gel layers hyper-pressurizing to protect the users body from especially high impact trauma. Where are you getting this 10-15 tons from? lifting a warthog would not require that level of strength and punching through tank armor is strictly a game mechanic. Other people calling masterchief a bullet timer don't bullshit me, dodging bullets=/= bullet time.

Master Chief is a bullet dodger. As a teenager (without the MJOLNIR armor - which increases his speed ever more) he was able to knock out 5 fully grown and trained ODST's before a pin hit the floor. It was explained in detail that he saw time slower than everyone else. He noticed it first when he was making a fool of the ODST's in the gym (in increased gravitational conditions). The MJOLNIR armor only enhances his speed exponentially. As fast as the mind thinks, his armor moves him. Due to his reinforced skeletal structure only the spartan II's body can handle it. ODST's lost limbs simply by trying to move their arms while in the armor.

#39 Posted by Towerworld (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he is a bullet dodger, but that does not fit the definition of a bullet timer which people had claimed he was. A bullet timer will recognize the bullet coming towards him in the air and react accordingly before impact.  

Yes i have a decent knowledge of halo and i realize he is quite fast but he simply is not to that level.

#40 Edited by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

No it also acts as an active camouflage.

These were prominently featured in Halo : Ghosts of Onyx, and are similar to SPARTAN III armor

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Semi-Powered_Infiltration_armor

As you can see, they stole Covenant technology to make their armor mimic their surroundings. It also masks their thermal signatures, so that's an added bonus.

Interesting. However, it also says that active camo is a distinct advantage the SPIA has over MJOLNIR, so meaning Chief cannot actually use it. Also, if it cloaks them Elite style, why did they have to crawl through the mud?

Also, Alcatraz' cloaking won't really be useful if Chief has thermal vision (unless it cloaks the thermal signatures as well, which I doubt since in the game enemies sometimes still notice Alcatraz when he comes too close).

Hey, cloaking is cloaking. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it's an advantage the other guy doesn't have.

Yeah, well Chief can survive atmospheric re-entry.

Two kilometers up is not re-entry, no matter what a nice piece of fanart says.

Chief can punch through tanks, and lift Warthogs (his strength is 10-15 + tons) He has also dealt with thousands of foes with active camouflage, such as Elites, so that isn't anything he isn't unfamiliar with.

Yeah, I'd still like evidence for all that.

Also, how does Alcatraz die in the game if he has no internal organs? And to be honest Cortana is 10x more sophisticated than Prophet, and Chief can think on his own too.

A headshot can kill him, since his head is the only part of him still kicking. Other than that you can't kill Alcatraz, you can only damage the suit sufficiently. A tall order, mind you, the suit can tank a Gauss rifle at point blank (That puppy has the more energy than a 120mm tank KE round) without the armor mode on. Also it can heal.

And to be honest Cortana is 10x more sophisticated than Prophet, and Chief can think on his own too.

Irrelevant. Cortana is not a tactical analyzer nor does she enhance MC's thought processes the way SECOND does for Alcatraz. You can be borderline retarded and SECOND will still make you a tactical genius when you put the suit on.

You do know that the armor locking is only a safety mechanism right?

On top of that, note that in the Halo 3 video (approx. 1:45) the Marine says the gel layer could have taken most of the impact. That and the titanium bodysuit are vital parts in Chief's survival. The gel layers are designed to adapt and absorb impact, whether dull or sharp, as well as extreme temperatures

I misremembered that scene. I thought the marines had to manually unlock his armor to bring him back up. Still that fall knocked him up and kept him cold for hours until the marines managed to find him, and his armor was still partially locked down after that. That's not shrugging it off or anything. That's at the limits of what he can endure.

Oh, and Master Chief tanks missiles all the time as well. Heck, he slapped one out of his way in Fall of Reach.

Yeeeeah... Notice how the missile explodes several moments after he slaps it aside, and it still knocks him out for a second. That's not tanking. Compare that to taking a tank round point blank... and just moving on.

#41 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

Really? That actually kind of surprises me. Based on the videos I have seen of Crysis those guys haven't demonstrated anything greater than MC has.

#42 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@AtPhantom said:

Really? That actually kind of surprises me. Based on the videos I have seen of Crysis those guys haven't demonstrated anything greater than MC has.

Crysis 1 or 2? Dudes in Crysis 1 wear Nanosuit 1.0 which is awesome, but not nearly as good. Alcatraz from Crysis 2 wear Nanosuit 2.2, which kicks fifty different shades of grey ass.

#43 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@AtPhantom said:

Crysis 1 or 2? Dudes in Crysis 1 wear Nanosuit 1.0 which is awesome, but not nearly as good. Alcatraz from Crysis 2 wear Nanosuit 2.2, which kicks fifty different shades of grey ass.

Hmm. Interesting point. I'll do some looking.

#44 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: This is a pretty fair summary of MC, at least until I can dig up the scans I am looking for:

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-master-chief-vs-doomguy

#45 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@AtPhantom: This is a pretty fair summary of MC, at least until I can dig up the scans I am looking for:

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-master-chief-vs-doomguy

That doesn't really tell me anything beyond the bare essentials though. I already knew all that.

Also, regarding the re-entry business we were talking about earlier. At the start of the first game, Nomad, wearing a significantly inferior Nanosuit 1.0, falls from an airplane five kilometers straight down, and just gets up and walks away from it like nothing happened. Beat that MC.

#46 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: That's why I'm trying to find more. It's not going well. The only scans I can find are illegible

#47 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: How so?

#48 Posted by Hondo_ (409 posts) - - Show Bio

This is silly, I've seen the calcs for the weapons on fact pile

Physically Chief can whoop all their asses like Thanos does to the avengers

but weapons wise he gets shredded, their standard weapons are powerful enough to take down the chiefs shields real quick.

#49 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: So far they haven't been "scans" in the strictest sense. They were photographs people have taken of the pages. And I left all of my Halo comics in a different province.

#50 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida: Oh. Well if they're even slightly readable, post them, I don't mind.