• 75 results
#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this be interesting debating of Old Ninja vs Future Super Soldier.

• This is Master Chief as per Halo 4 with UNSC Weapons, and all armor abilities. He has Cortana.
  • This is Pre Shipuden Naruto.
  • Death or KO.
  • No 1 Tail of the 9 Tails form. No summoning.
  • Battle in a Forest, starting 100 feet away.

#2 Posted by Eisenfauste (8295 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 if naruto doesn't have some serious power behind his hits Master Chief takes this pretty handily, although since naruto actually has a style I will give him the H2H edge in the fight.

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 if naruto doesn't have some serious power behind his hits Master Chief takes this pretty handily, although since naruto actually has a style I will give him the H2H edge in the fight.

This is the Naruto before Shipuden (IIRC his last fight was with Sasuke by the Waterfall) and no access to his Tails forms.

#4 Posted by Eisenfauste (8295 posts) - - Show Bio

I think naruto may squeeze out a win here just based on his ability make upwards of 1000 clones of himself and take MC through sheer numbers, and using most of his chakra.

#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

Ho.

Can't resist when people forget about this in the OP ;)

Either way, naruto is allowed to cloaked (without tails), or not?

#7 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

MC should win. I have doubts that pre-TS naruto can take any heavily augmented street character with high powered weaponry.

#8 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Noone301994 (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto has tons of chakra and stamina. Eventually enough shadow clones and rasengan's will do the trick.

#10 Posted by Funsiized (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

MC has the chance to make this.

#11 Edited by OfficialRikudouSennin (631 posts) - - Show Bio

1000 or 1500 clones master chief is done rasengans everywhere i mean naruto fought and beat kurama who if i must say is bigger then the machines in halo

#12 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know much about master chief, so I'll drop some things on pre time-skip naruto (KN0) and leave.

He's seriously faster than haku:

Do note that haku, even without using his mirror technique, is fast enough to blitz two people across the room, draw their swords and align them to their necks before either of them realize.

And with mirrors, he can perceive everything in extreme slow motion, and take out twelve clones before a falling water drop could change it's shape.

Still, he got completely blitzed by KN0

hits haku hard enough to shatter the ice mirrors around him:

These are the same ice mirrors which sasuke's fireball earlier could even scratch. KN0 cracks them by sheer pressure of chakra presence.

that was very samurai jack-ish ;)

Blitzes the daylights out of sharingan sasuke post chidori training:

Sasuke at this time, could reach speeds equal to lee without weights. And with sharingan added precog, they can keep up with opponents far faster than themselves.

And note that the super-speed shown is underwater.

Strong enough to stop a monstrous striking snake, and give it some serious blows:

Orochimaru's summoned snake:

A striking snake arguably uses more force than it's body weight, which is the principle used in snake fist..

Either way, you can see he's dangerously strong.

Healing factor:

Heals a hole through the chest and a destroyed lung in seconds:

Other than that, he has shadow clones:

he can create over a thousand:

And considering op hasn't restricted summons yet, He drops a hundred feet toad which can use massive water blasts and huge scale fire techniques: ;)

The gamabunta size pic is posted above. Naruto literally fits in his smoking pipe

Other than that there are things like rasengan, and transformation techniques etc.

Can anybody post what MC can do?

@nighthunder: I recall your (pre-ts naruto) triple CAV with ygnc (Scarlet spider) . How many of these did you use again? I recall he was pretty sure kaine could beat pre-ts naruto.

#13 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

1000 or 1500 clones master chief is done rasengans everywhere i mean naruto fought and beat kurama who if i must say is bigger then the machines in halo

no he didn't. Pre time skip naruto can't do rasengan baragge, and he'll be one shotted by kurama.

It's Post-timeskip naruto you're talking about. And he needed sage mode for that.

#14 Posted by Eisenfauste (8295 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by OfficialRikudouSennin (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: But still 1000 clones could solo MC also master chief only relies on Weapons then hand to hand

#16 Posted by dondave (37612 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto

#18 Edited by SlimJ87D (9964 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on guys. Naruto characters are NOT humans with Ninja powers. They are of different humanoid species with far different physical stats than us. They do things such as jump and land 20 to 50 feet in the air, run along trees by leaping 10 to 30 feet at incredible speeds, can run for dozens and dozens of miles through a forrest, lift and swing heavy swords that weigh around 300 lbs like they are sticks, deflect ninja stars that travel fast enough to lodge deeply into wood by throwing their own ninja stars, and more.

The average character in Naruto could be anywhere from 20 to 30 times our physical stats.

#19 Edited by lukehero (8457 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: In Character...MC Wins...out of character Naruto stomps him...problem with many Anime Characters...for the exception of Fullmetal Alchemist(and a few others)...is a lot of characters like DBZ & Naruto...don't just start going for their best moves, because they want to conserve power. Therefore they slowly build up to their better moves.

#20 Posted by Immortal777 (7604 posts) - - Show Bio

I see no reason MC can't just shoot Naruto.

#21 Posted by Frozen (13432 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. I'll get back to this later.

#22 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

And any reason naruto won't just dodge it?

#23 Posted by Immortal777 (7604 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

From what I remember of Naruto none of the characters have been shown to be fast enough to actually dodge bullets especially from a marksman like MC who carries what an assault rifle.

#24 Posted by soaringturkeys (414 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm since sasuke just nearly died from being stabbed in the latest manga and he's supposed to be narutos equal, i'd give it to the guy who can snipe someone from a distance.

#25 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

@immortal777 said:

From what I remember of Naruto none of the characters have been shown to be fast enough to actually dodge bullets especially from a marksman like MC who carries what an assault rifle.

Really?

I don't see a normal marksman even tagging the kids:

Haku, moving behind two people and aligning swords to their necks instantly:

first arc:

Haku with mirrors, blitzing standard sasuke a lot of times at high speed:

Haku, taking out a dozen naruto clones before falling waterdrops could change their shape:

same fight:

(Shape of water in left middle panel, second scan, check in every panel before)

Both sasuke (after he awakened sharingan) and naruto (after he went KN0) were shown to be faster than haku with mirrors.

Still sasuke with sharingan could react to lee, and neji kept up perfectly fine with KN0.

I don't see any reason for people this fast to be tagged by bullets if peak humans can dodge them.

#26 Posted by xxKING_OF_GAMESxx (13 posts) - - Show Bio

MC uses Sniper Rifle and Naruto meets his maker. Naruto isn't faster than a bullet.

#27 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9453 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: You serious?

I love master chief he is a bonified badass but....

He gets stepped on

#28 Posted by 106me (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto stomps. Mismatch.

#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

He gets stepped on

I always consider that outside help. the Frogs are very much self aware and intelligent creatures. It be like a Battle with Batman summoning the Flash.

Not allowed in this match.

#30 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9453 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Not really it is a technique that telaports monsters in but okay

MC is still scrwed from being bum rushed by over a thousand supersonic ninjas all useeing rasengas

#31 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103 said:

He gets stepped on

I always consider that outside help. the Frogs are very much self aware and intelligent creatures. It be like a Battle with Batman summoning the Flash.

Not allowed in this match.

how exactly does that count 'outside help'? It's a legit technique they train for years to achieve. There are characters who completely base their fighting style on it, too. Summonings are an elementry part of shinobi battle, it takes good amount of chakra for them for a space/time shift at that level, unlike calling people for help. They sign a blood pact with them and everything.

Either way, I'm fine with it not being allowed in the match. Just the principle.

#32 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1

@cjdavis103 said:

@cadencev2:

Not really it is a technique that telaports monsters in but okay

MC is still scrwed from being bum rushed by over a thousand supersonic ninjas all useeing rasengas

Is said monster intelligent? Yes. Can said Monster decide not to do what Naruto says? Yes. Can said monster have free will? It sure does. I do not consider it the same. Batman can summon JL members, should that count in a battle?

#33 Posted by Frozen (13432 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Chief can see faster.

From The Fall of Reach:

He pulled a pin from the locking collar on the bench press. John walked to the center section-----supposedly one gee. He held the pin a meter off the deck and dropped it. It clattered on the deck. It looked as if it had fallen normally....but somehow it also looked slow to John. He set the timer on his watch and dropped the pin again. Forty-five-hundredths of a second. One meter in about a half second. He forgot the formula for distance and acceleration, so he ran through the calculus and redrived the equation. He even did the square root. He frowned. He had always struggled with math before. The answer was a gravitational acceleration of nine point eight metres per second. One standard gee. So the room was rotating correctly. He was out of calibration.

I'm not sure whether Chief will win, but let's not pretend they can't get tagged. Street levelers like Batman who can easily dodge bullets has been tagged, likewise for other street-levelers when they come up against great marksman.

Not to mention, Chief was only 14 when he had those reactions and the MJOLNIR-armor amplified them by a factor of 2 or 3. Cortana individually amplified him. From The Fall of Reach:

''No. Cortana resides in the interface between your mind and the suit. Master Chief. You will find your reaction time greatly improved. She will be translating impulses in your motor cortex directly into motion---she can't make you send those impulses.''

Just to prove that he did see faster in combat (from The Fall of Reach):

John spun to face the left-flank gunner, assault rifle leveled at the man's head instantly. He had the man in his sights, but he still had time---the soldier was not quite in position. To John's enhanced senses amped up by Crotana and the neural interface,the rifleman seemed to be moving in slow motion. Too slow.

This explains why he can single-handily slaughter the covenant.

Taken from Halo Uprising

Again from the same comic.

He has also tanked a blast from a Hunter Assault Cannon (Halo 3 model). Taken from Halo Uprising:

Impressive considering these canons are arguably moer powerful than Fuel Rod canons and can one-shot kill SPARTAN-II's.

His onslaught on the Covenant had the prophets terrified:

Just to fill you in some of his feats:

#34 Posted by Jgames (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

MC wins, he have the durability, and speed to win since naruto didn't spam rasengan in pre time skip. So unless he gets a summoning or one tail he losed

#35 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: That's quite awesome. I feel like I should give skyrim a break and play halo :)

Well, the 'fourty five hundreth of a second' is literally 'half a second' as it says, with the gap of 0.05 sec lol.

I'm not sure whether Chief will win, but let's not pretend they can't get tagged. Street levelers like Batman who can easily dodge bullets has been tagged, likewise for other street-levelers when they come up against great marksman.

Not to mention, Chief was only 14 when he had those reactions and the MJOLNIR-armor amplified them by a factor of 2 or 3. Cortana individually amplified him. From The Fall of Reach:

But naruto's speed with cloak is several times faster than normal street levellers.. (look at the haku feat with water, and KN0 is even faster)

Haku also literally said that 'from my point of view, you seem to be standing still'. Depending on translations, you could at least say he could see things in slow-mo too. Either way, KN0 naruto is so much faster than him it's not even funny. (Sharingan sasuke intercepted haku twice. Naruto blitzed him in-water, I added scans. plus he was unable to catch naruto's movements even with sharingan.)

I'm not sure about whether naruto can get past the durability though. I'm torn between hitting giant snakes with enough force to change their course and tanking energy canons. Either way, I wonder if rasengan could do the job.

#36 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9453 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen:

MC is badass i know that but he only has so many bullets before he runs out and Naruto can make thousands of clones all of which are mach 1ish MC will just be swamped by sheer numbers. he can take a could chuck of them but not all of them

#37 Posted by Frozen (13432 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: That's quite awesome. I feel like I should give skyrim a break and play halo :)

Well, the 'fourty five hundreth of a second' is literally 'half a second' as it says, with the gap of 0.05 sec lol.

But naruto's speed with cloak is several times faster than normal street levellers.. (look at the haku feat with water, and KN0 is even faster)

Haku also literally said that 'from my point of view, you seem to be standing still'. Depending on translations, you could at least say he could see things in slow-mo too. Either way, KN0 naruto is so much faster than him it's not even funny. (Sharingan sasuke intercepted haku twice. Naruto blitzed him in-water, I added scans. plus he was unable to catch naruto's movements even with sharingan.)

I'm not sure about whether naruto can get past the durability though. I'm torn between hitting giant snakes with enough force to change their course and tanking energy canons. Either way, I wonder if rasengan could do the job.

From Chief's point of view, his opposition was in slow motion. However, he's actually faster than forty-five hundrethds of a second. Chief seeing at fourty-five hundreths of a second was when he was 14, after his augmentations. He then had the MJOLNIR-armor which amplified it by a factor of 2, maybe even 3 and then Cortana, which made it even faster. So he actually sees faster than forty-five hundredths of a second, due to his MJOLNIR and Cortana.

@frozen:

MC is badass i know that but he only has so many bullets before he runs out and Naruto can make thousands of clones all of which are mach 1ish MC will just be swamped by sheer numbers. he can take a could chuck of them but not all of them

I never actually said Chief would win, I'm not sure if he can. But let's not undermine his shooting ability.

#38 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@princearagorn1 said:

From Chief's point of view, his opposition was in slow motion. However, he's actually faster than forty-five hundrethds of a second. Chief seeing at fourty-five hundreths of a second was when he was 14, after his augmentations. He then had the MJOLNIR-armor which amplified it by a factor of 2, maybe even 3 and then Cortana, which made it even faster. So he actually sees faster than forty-five hundredths of a second, due to his MJOLNIR and Cortana.

I read it. But do you really think it'll be enough to tag haku, much less cloak naruto? (genuinely asking)

#39 Edited by Frozen (13432 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: If he tries to kill them as soon as the battle starts, yes.

#40 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

how? They are far faster than people he generally tags (iirc), haku, sasuke both can literally fight at speed nearly invisible to human eye , and cloak naruto blitzed both of them easily..

#41 Posted by Frozen (13432 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

how? They are far faster than people he generally tags (iirc), haku, sasuke both can literally fight at speed nearly invisible to human eye , and cloak naruto blitzed both of them easily..

Lukehero's post summed it up.

#42 Edited by SlimJ87D (9964 posts) - - Show Bio

People kind of exaggerate on what the Spartan shields can take. The atmosphere entry was major pis seeing that Spartans and Elites who their tech was stolen from, have died or had their shields depleted by lesser means. Heck, one of the Spartans got head shot by a covenant needle rifle.

A rasengan to the head is enough to damage chief, anything above a rasengan will be more than enough.

#43 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (17499 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@frozen said:

Lukehero's post summed it up.

hmm. But naruto has a habit of starting with clones/substitution, especially, if someone's being careful about his enemy, he/she uses clones/substitution. And they don't exactly put their speed aside lol.

#44 Edited by Jmarshmallow (7354 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief.

Jmarshmallow

#45 Posted by jashro44 (21920 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

People kind of exaggerate on what the Spartan shields can take. The atmosphere entry was major pis seeing that Spartans and Elites who their tech was stolen from, have died or had their shields depleted by lesser means. Heck, one of the Spartans got head shot by a covenant needle rifle.

A rasengan to the head is enough to damage chief, anything above a rasengan will be more than enough.

Not saying he loses but what did part one naruto have that was above a rasengan in power?

#46 Edited by SlimJ87D (9964 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: his demon fox rasengan when he went 1 tails.

#47 Edited by Frozen (13432 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

It's not a Spartan's shield that have good durability feats, but more specifically Master Chief himself. The atmosphere entry wasn't really PIS.

#48 Edited by SlimJ87D (9964 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@slimj87d said:

It's not a Spartan's shield that have good durability feats, but more specifically Master Chief himself. The atmosphere entry wasn't really PIS.

Yes, but a rasengan, specially a 3 cloaked tailed beast one, does far more damage than a grenade, and it's focused on a single object, absorbing and grinding into any object its pushed into.

Naruto characters are no slouches. They run at incredible speeds, if I could calculate it, they run at about or above 30 MPH. They are durable enough to fall from trees at about 50+ feet with no damage whatsoever and still be silent when landing so no one hears them. Their physicals are very high compared to humans. Kakashi with a strength rating of 3 can swing a 200 to 300 iron sword fast enough to deflect shurikens and fight like it almost weighs nothing at all. Naruto is rated at a 2, but with the Fox Chakra Cloak enhancing his physicals, I bet he's far above kakashi. He was able to fight evenly with a Senjutsu sage mode infused Sasuke after all.

I don't know what the Chief can do against a enemy that can multiply in the 100s and has those kinds of physicals. And in the case he does go 1 on 1 with the real one, I don't see what he can do when that single one gets amped by a inner demon that heals him immediately and further boosts all his stats and attacks.

#49 Edited by Frozen (13432 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@frozen said:

@slimj87d said:

Yes, but a rasengan, specially a 3 cloaked tailed beast one, does far more damage than a grenade, and it's focused on a single object, absorbing and grinding into any object its pushed into.

Naruto characters are no slouches. They run at incredible speeds, if I could calculate it, they run at about or above 30 MPH. They are durable enough to fall from trees at about 50+ feet with no damage whatsoever and still be silent when landing so no one hears them. Their physicals are very high compared to humans. Kakashi with a strength rating of 3 can swing a 200 to 300 iron sword fast enough to deflect shurikens and fight like it almost weighs nothing at all. Naruto is rated at a 2, but with the Fox Chakra Cloak enhancing his physicals, I bet he's far above kakashi. He was able to fight evenly with a Senjutsu sage mode infused Sasuke after all.

I don't know what the Chief can do against a enemy that can multiply in the 100s and has those kinds of physicals. And in the case he does go 1 on 1 with the real one, I don't see what he can do when that single one gets amped by a inner demon that heals him immediately and further boosts all his stats and attacks.

I don't really know why you posted all of this. My comment argued that Chief is more durable than other SPARTAN-II's.

Master Chief's speed was detailed in The Fall of Reach, before his upgraded armor:

The Chief and his team sprinted up the half-kilometer sandstone slope in thirty-two seconds flat. The hill ended abruptly—a sheer drop of two hundred meters straight into the ocean.

And...

“Your Spartans can run at bursts of up to fifty-five KPH,” he explained. “Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the ‘alterations’ we’ve made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight—which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark.”

Spartan-II's are leagues above humans.

#50 Edited by SlimJ87D (9964 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: I wasn't aware we're not allowed to write what we wanted on these boards.

Spartan's are leagues above humans, but they are not close to Naruto characters in stats. Naruto himself using the fox chakra is even farther above his own people. What Chief is to a human, Naruto using the Fox Chakra Cloak is to the Ninjas in the Narutoverse.

Can I ask you a question. Do you read Naruto at all?