#101 Posted by SirMethos (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty much the same as with Cap vs. MC.

If MC has the Mjolnir armor, he wins. Without the armor, Deathstroke wins.

#102 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO at the people from years ago who thought Deathstroke wins this easily.

It's pretty much the same as with Cap vs. MC.

If MC has the Mjolnir armor, he wins. Without the armor, Deathstroke wins.

It's safe to assume it is Master Chief with MJOLNIR armor. He has almost all of his feats in-armor.

Deathstroke is simply out-classed here. The MJOLNIR armor is too powerful and Chief is too fast.

• Slaughtering tons of Covenant forces.

#103 Posted by SirMethos (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Completely agreed about the armor. With the Mjolnir armor, Deathstroke has no chance of winning.

There are a lot of people that make matches though, with Cap vs. MC, where MC is without the armor. And if that is the case here as well, then just like against Cap. The MC loses.

#104 Edited by i_like_swords (17290 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually really like this fight. It's hard to find Master Chief a good opponent. Deathstroke seems perfect. Nth Metal armor capable of taking some hits. Promethium weapons that can hurt Master Chief. Similar physicals. Both highly trained super soldiers.

I don't know who wins, but I'd pay to see this fight.

#105 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirmethos: I'd put my money on an armor-less Chief in a Cap vs. Chief match, but he'd most likely lose without armor if he was up against Deathstroke. Unless he has his armor removed as well, then it's back to MC.

Jmarshmallow

#106 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Completely agreed about the armor. With the Mjolnir armor, Deathstroke has no chance of winning.

There are a lot of people that make matches though, with Cap vs. MC, where MC is without the armor. And if that is the case here as well, then just like against Cap. The MC loses.

Master Chief without armor is extremely fast, and has endured vigorous training since he was 6-7. He was an average SPARTAN-II when it came to physicals and skill, and his main attribute was his leadership and luck. His augmentations have made him enhanced in every single way. He beat up highly trained O.D.S.T. with his bare hands, and has impressive reaction speeds enough to see objects in slow motion.

Impressive right? Well compared to the comic book world it isn't that much to boast about, and is merely used as an impressive comparison for "if he can do this without MJOLNIR, think of what he could do in it!" type of thing. Therefore, you pretty much HAVE to use John inside of the armor, and it's hard to pair him up with formidable opponents with something so powerful.

#107 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirmethos: I'd put my money on an armor-less Chief in a Cap vs. Chief match, but he'd most likely lose without armor if he was up against Deathstroke. Unless he has his armor removed as well, then it's back to MC.

Jmarshmallow

I'd say Captain America would win. His super-soldier serum was a rough equivalent to the augmentations Chief went through, and they both have plenty of experience in war. Obviously Steve edges it in hand-to-hand combat and tactics. His shield is also something that could knock John out quickly when used properly. If this is John right after augmentations he loses without a question. If it is current Chief we're talking about, just stripped of his armor, he has a chance of being the victor.

#108 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Well of course I'm not referring to John right after he got augmented! I'm talking about current versions of both characters!

I'd say Chief has the edge in physicals though. While the SSS is similar to Chief's Spartan augments, Chief's was just a little bit more intense.

And while you're right on tactics(Cortana being the main reason Chief even has any tactical skills), I would say they're about even in hand to hand combat, with Steve only taking a slight majority.

But then again, my thought process of Spartan hand to hand comes mostly from Red vs. Blue lol.

The shield is definitely the largest obstacle. But I feel like if Gambit can catch it, than Chief could too.

Jmarshmallow

#109 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

DS.

#110 Posted by SirMethos (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow:

In terms of their augmentations(MC and Cap), the MC only has a real edge in reaction time, and the fact that he has nigh-unbreakable bones.

All other augmentations are either roughly equal to those of Cap, or Cap has the edge(the mental parts of the augmentations, primarily).

Cap also has the edge in skill, as well as experience.

Without the Mjolnir, Cap would win a fight between the two of them. And so would Deathstroke.

#111 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirmethos said:

Master Chief without armor is extremely fast, and has endured vigorous training since he was 6-7. He was an average SPARTAN-II when it came to physicals and skill,

Agreed in regards to most of your posts but I'd hardly see he was average in terms of physicals and skill. He wasn't the best but I think it'd be a disservice to label him as average as he was one of the only SPARTAN-II's to wrestle with a Brute whilst wearing inferior armour and after surviving a near-orbital drop, which the other SPARTAN's were largely surprised that the Brute almost got a better of John himself.

#112 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirmethos: Nigh-unbreakable bones and faster reaction times seem like a huge advantage to me! That would mean he could take more damage, hit harder, and react quicker than Cap.

I think that MC can muscle his way through it even without armor.

However, if it's MC without armor vs. DS with armor, then yes DS takes it. If neither of them have armor, it's safe to say the advantage goes back to MC.

Jmarshmallow

#113 Edited by SirMethos (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: I think you're confusing what those advantages actually mean.

The "nigh-unbreakable bones" only has an effect, when the force goes past the point where his bones would otherwise break.

It has no effect on the rest of his tissue, so the "being able to take more damage" is to a relatively small degree. Likewise, it doesn't particularly mean that he can "hit harder". Unless you're implying that the MC is an unskilled fighter, who doesn't know how to throw a solid punch without risking broken bones, which would be a plainly false claim.

Also, Cap has a higher over-all durability. So while it takes more force to break the MC's bones, than it does to break Cap's. It takes more force to damage the rest of Cap's tissue, than it does to damage the rest of the MC's.

And the faster reaction time is to a certain point negated by Cap's mental advantage. I.e. being able to think faster, and being a strategic and tactical genius. It is also further negated, by Cap having a significant edge in skill and experience.

#114 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirmethos: Nigh-unbreakable bones and faster reaction times seem like a huge advantage to me! That would mean he could take more damage, hit harder, and react quicker than Cap.

I think that MC can muscle his way through it even without armor.

However, if it's MC without armor vs. DS with armor, then yes DS takes it. If neither of them have armor, it's safe to say the advantage goes back to MC.

Jmarshmallow

Un-armoured Chief is generally inferior to Cap in every sense except for possibly reaction time and arguably combat speed. Without the armour, and at around the age of 14, the augmentation increased their strength by allowing them to lift three times their own body weight under normal conditions. Almost all of their capabilities improved under duress as well but he the SPARTAN-II's still largely lack true hand-to-hand skill on the level of Cap.

#115 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Well of course I'm not referring to John right after he got augmented! I'm talking about current versions of both characters!

I'd say Chief has the edge in physicals though. While the SSS is similar to Chief's Spartan augments, Chief's was just a little bit more intense.

And while you're right on tactics(Cortana being the main reason Chief even has any tactical skills), I would say they're about even in hand to hand combat, with Steve only taking a slight majority.

But then again, my thought process of Spartan hand to hand comes mostly from Red vs. Blue lol.

The shield is definitely the largest obstacle. But I feel like if Gambit can catch it, than Chief could too.

Jmarshmallow

True, true, but I'd still regard Cap's fighting ability a bit more than a slim margin above John's.

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@sirmethos said:

Master Chief without armor is extremely fast, and has endured vigorous training since he was 6-7. He was an average SPARTAN-II when it came to physicals and skill,

Agreed in regards to most of your posts but I'd hardly see he was average in terms of physicals and skill. He wasn't the best but I think it'd be a disservice to label him as average as he was one of the only SPARTAN-II's to wrestle with a Brute whilst wearing inferior armour and after surviving a near-orbital drop, which the other SPARTAN's were largely surprised that the Brute almost got a better of John himself.

How could I forget that? I'd agree that John is above average in terms of strength, but that may have to do with his luck factor. Still, impressive.

#116 Posted by Ryanmcfarland (52 posts) - - Show Bio

master chief by brute force

#117 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

master chief by brute force

Was that a pun? Because if it was I applaud you good sir.

#118 Posted by patrat18 (10837 posts) - - Show Bio

DS.

#119 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8828 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief, this is a pretty good matchup though. His armor can take more punishment, can track Deathstroke, and while they are roughly equal in terms of strength and speed, Chief's reactions are just a tad bit better. Don't know why everyone's undervaluing the Chief's tactical skills though, if you read The Fall of Reach it clearly states that in addition to all their physical military training the Spartans are all educated in the strategies and techniques of every great military might from the original Spartans up through to their time and every major conflict. Not to mention the techniques they develop unique to themselves based around their physicals and equipment. Then of course there's the modifications John would make to those tactics when he's running solo, which he's done for quite some time. Chief is pretty much a strategic and tactical encyclopedia and then some.

#120 Edited by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

How could I forget that? I'd agree that John is above average in terms of strength, but that may have to do with his luck factor. Still, impressive.

Eh, that could go hand in hand with him being the title character of the series and what-not but even then, Sam, Kurt, Will and Fred are all just as impressive in some regards. I feel like the "luck factor" is substituted more from the games when comparing the EU.

#121 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: You know, everyone always says that MC has inferior hand to hand, but I'm not entirely sure if that's fair to him!

He has the unfortunate circumstance of being the protagonist of a first person shooter. For all we know, he could be FARR superior at hand to hand.

In the EU, it doesn't really touch on his hand to hand capabilities much, but it does say he was able to take out, IIRC, four highly trained ODST's before a pin could hit the floor? And that was at age 14.

Imagine how powerful and agile he would be now, if he took of the suit? It would be like fighting with weighted clothing(apologies for the DBZ reference), and while it would take away from his skills in a firefight, it would most certainly make his fighting abilities skyrocket!

So I think saying that he lacks in hand to hand is understandable, but false. I would say he could keep up long enough that his superior reaction time, superior combat speed, and superior strength(oh yes, I went there) would give him the win against Cap, even without his armor.

All speculation however, I suppose.

Jmarshmallow

#122 Posted by MonsterStomp (20279 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief. This is a good fight though, I just think Chief has superior speed. Too fast for Deathstroke to analyse the fight and come up with an effective tactic.

#123 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

In the EU, it doesn't really touch on his hand to hand capabilities much, but it does say he was able to take out, IIRC, four highly trained ODST's before a pin could hit the floor? And that was at age 14.

Imagine how powerful and agile he would be now, if he took of the suit? It would be like fighting with weighted clothing(apologies for the DBZ reference), and while it would take away from his skills in a firefight, it would most certainly make his fighting abilities skyrocket!

So I think saying that he lacks in hand to hand is understandable, but false. I would say he could keep up long enough that his superior reaction time, superior combat speed, and superior strength(oh yes, I went there) would give him the win against Cap, even without his armor.

All speculation however, I suppose.

Jmarshmallow

I think you're confused with how the MJOLNIR armour works mate. It doesn't hinder his physical capabilities, it enhances them. The armour makes him weigh more and to the average human, it's ridiculously heavy making John weigh over a 1000 lbs, but in his case, he's literally as light as a feather due to the augmentations being specifically designed for the SPARTAN's to handle the armour.

Additionally, John and the other SPARTAN-II's were trained heavily in hand-to-hand combat, but they weren't trained to the degree that Cap or any other high end combatant from Marvel or DC is dependant on. The opponents John faces almost never enter direct combat without ranged weaponry and thus, that's how the SPARTAN's were trained. Quick on the draw and terrifyingly lethal with their accuracy, precision and speed.

True, they have displayed impressive hand-to-hand feats which I myself have supported in the past but in retrospective, he's never fought an opponent that possesses skill to the degree that Cap has, especially when his physicals are nothing to scoff at either. That's the differentiating factor between John and most high-level combatants especially regarding the case here with Cap and Deathstroke.

#124 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirmethos: And what, may I ask, makes you think Cap has higher overall durability?

Jmarshmallow

#125 Edited by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Additionally, without the armour, John and the other SPARTAN-II's aren't on the same level as Cap in terms of physicals, except in the case of reaction speed. Cap still holds a majority in both strength and raw speed.

#126 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Hm, I didn't word that right then. With armor, obviously MC is superior than he would be without. That was my mistake, I jumbled that point up a bit.

What I was trying to say is that having the armor on for so long would have greatly enhanced his strength, speed, and agility without it. So while having the suit on would always be the better choice, he would have greatly strengthened his already enhanced body.

And yes, MC has never faced someone with Cap's skill(that we know of anyway) but the opponents MC faces have better physicals than Cap.

So while MC may not be used to fighting someone with Cap's skill, I think he'll be able to make up for it. I would also argue that his agility is superior, from the anime/cutscenes/etc.

Jmarshmallow

#127 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Physicals? What makes you say that? The only aspect I'd consider Cap to be superior is strength. And that's debatable!

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

#128 Posted by HellionVulcan (3905 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief all the way .

#129 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Hm, I didn't word that right then. With armor, obviously MC is superior than he would be without. That was my mistake, I jumbled that point up a bit.

What I was trying to say is that having the armor on for so long would have greatly enhanced his strength, speed, and agility without it. So while having the suit on would always be the better choice, he would have greatly strengthened his already enhanced body.

And yes, MC has never faced someone with Cap's skill(that we know of anyway) but the opponents MC faces have better physicals than Cap.

So while MC may not be used to fighting someone with Cap's skill, I think he'll be able to make up for it. I would also argue that his agility is superior, from the anime/cutscenes/etc.

Jmarshmallow

No it wouldn't. What brings you to that conclusion? Nothing about wearing the suit puts on a strain on his body that would strengthen his muscles. It's been stated multiple times that to the SPARTAN-II's, the MJOLNIR armour is as light as a feather and they could move at "lightning fast" speeds. John's physicals have nothing to do with how the armour operates. The only reason he physical can is because his skeleton is nearly unbreakable, allowing him to withstand the speed at which the suit allows him to operate.

#130 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Light as a feather to him, yes. But that thing would still break a normal person trying to wear it.

There is NO way that the armor wouldn't (double negative FTW) strengthen MC's body in at LEAST a minor way.

I understand his body is perfectly suited to handle the armor, but having on something that heavy for that amount of time has to strengthen him in some way.

Jmarshmallow

#131 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Light as a feather to him, yes. But that thing would still break a normal person trying to wear it.

There is NO way that the armor wouldn't (double negative FTW) strengthen MC's body in at LEAST a minor way.

I understand his body is perfectly suited to handle the armor, but having on something that heavy for that amount of time has to strengthen him in some way.

Jmarshmallow

I don't understand what you're trying to get at mate, I'm sorry. If it's light to him, it doesn't matter how it affects anyone else. To John, it's literally like wearing a second skin. I'm not sure you understand the concept of how the MJOLNIR armour works my friend, it's not like typical armour, especially not to John. John doesn't move around the armour in the basic, general way as some may perceive. Since, it's powered by a powerful fusion pack, John operates the suit through his thoughts rather than directly by his movement as the helmet essentially links directly into his brain and creates a neural link. Additionally, the enhancements in his physical capabilities come from force-multiplying circuits that boost the force applied by the user and are so abrupt that it has severely injured anyone who lacks the SPARTAN augmentation.

To sum it up, John's strengthened musculature and skeleton merely protects himself from the boosted power of the suit that allows him to operate at several times his own capabilities.

#132 Posted by MaximumGeyser5 (584 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief is a Planet Raping OMA

#133 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Oh no, I perfectly understand how the suit works!

The "second skin" thing you said about sums it up perfectly.

If you're trying to get a model-perfect body, you don't use high weights. You use like 2 pounds, weight that you could do all day and not get tired. You don't even know that your muscles have been getting defined until you're done.

I feel like it's the same concept.

Nothing I'm saying has anything that can be backed up by feats though, just using some logic.

Either way I can't prove it, so you win on that point!

In fact, I can't really prove anything when it comes to Chief outside of his suit, he's basically featless.

Jmarshmallow

#134 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: He's only featless outside of a certain age and primarily right after his augmentation and before receiving the MJOLNIR Mark IV armour. I can see where you're coming from but honestly, even if bearing the armour affected him in anyway, it would be more so along the lines of keeping it in prime shape rather than enhancing it and if it did, the difference wouldn't be that noticeable.

#135 Posted by logy5000 (6125 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Deathstroke winning, but I could also see Master Chief winning.

#136 Edited by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Fair enough.

Now while MC is in his suit, I would argue that he could take Deathstroke and Cap at the same time!

With his hands behind his back.

Blindfolded.

Okay, well maybe not all that. But I think he could take them both down at the same time, as long as he gets a good amount of weapons.

Jmarshmallow

#137 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9770 posts) - - Show Bio

Now while MC is in his suit, I would argue that he could take Deathstroke and Cap at the same time!

Blindfolded.

Okay, well maybe not all that. But I think he could take them both down at the same time, as long as he gets a good amount of weapons.

Jmarshmallow

I would argue the contrary. It takes a certain speed for his shields to even take effect, meaning Deathstroke simply has to place a bomb on him, similar to what he did to lobo.

#138 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: MC wouldn't just allow Deathstroke to place a bomb on him lol.

Cortana(as long as we're talking about MC with Cortana) would match, if not surpass, Deathstroke's tactic genius.

Jmarshmallow

#139 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9770 posts) - - Show Bio

Cortana(as long as we're talking about MC with Cortana) would match, if not surpass, Deathstroke's tactic genius.

Jmarshmallow

That is not true, the thing that makes Deathstroke so tactical, it not the information he is able to acquire, but the speed he is able to process. To the best of my knowledge, Master Chief's brain has not been enhanced to increase the processing rate by a factor of 9. And if we look at armor, Deathstroke's Nth metal armor and his promethium Blade are more than capable of bringing the hurt on MC. So your original statement about MC taking both Deathstroke and CA with his hands behind his back, and blindfolded is completely false.

#140 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: If you actually read my statement, you'd note that I said that I wasn't being serious when I said blindfolded and hands tied behind his back.

And as I said, MC's brain isn't what would equalize his knowledge processing with, but Cortana. She is easily near Deathstroke's tactical speed.

Nth armor < MJOLNIR.

And the Promethian Blade could be countered with a good ole Energy Sword.

Cap would be the weak link, surprisingly.

Jmarshmallow

#141 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

Blindfolded.

Jmarshmallow

I would argue the contrary. It takes a certain speed for his shields to even take effect, meaning Deathstroke simply has to place a bomb on him, similar to what he did to lobo.

Not really. The MJOLNIR shields are instant. It's when they recharge that takes a couple seconds. And even then, the armor itself is titanium.

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

That is not true, the thing that makes Deathstroke so tactical, it not the information he is able to acquire, but the speed he is able to process. To the best of my knowledge, Master Chief's brain has not been enhanced to increase the processing rate by a factor of 9. And if we look at armor, Deathstroke's Nth metal armor and his promethium Blade are more than capable of bringing the hurt on MC. So your original statement about MC taking both Deathstroke and CA with his hands behind his back, and blindfolded is completely false.

The nth metal armor's durability may be greater than the MJOLNIR armor's durability, but not the energy shield's durability. I doubt the Promethium Blade would inflict that much damage on the shields.

And as I said, MC's brain isn't what would equalize his knowledge processing with, but Cortana. She is easily near Deathstroke's tactical speed.

Easily near? Cortana easily surpasses Deathstroke's tactical mind, as well as intellect. She has hacked into Covenant and Forerunner technology alike. She's a unique A.I made from Dr.Hasley's DNA, so she's a lot smarter than most A.I's. Cortana can think at light-speed, if not near it. She even battled it out with a Covenant A.I and won. By the time Slade thinks of a single thought, Cortana has already analyzed the entire surroundings, the best route to get to certain locations, identify that Deathstroke is there, and who knows what more.

#142 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Lol no need to argue with me, we're on the same side! In fact, you only furthered bolstered my point.

I already know all those things! If anything, tell them that!

Although I would argue with you that tactically she is SOOOO far ahead of Deathstroke. She easily has superior intellect, but DS is no slack when it comes to tactical strategies.

But it doesn't really matter, since either way MC is the bestest.

Jmarshmallow

#143 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Oh I wasn't arguing lol. Just making people realize that Cortana is FAR more intelligent and quick than Slade will ever hope to be.

#144 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9770 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

Not really. The MJOLNIR shields are instant. It's when they recharge that takes a couple seconds. And even then, the armor itself is titanium.

Deathstroke without his Nth metal snapped a titanium sword in half. And Deathstroke has more than enough weaponry, whether that be his Promethium Blade, or his Blasting staff, and or bombs.

The nth metal armor's durability may be greater than the MJOLNIR armor's durability, but not the energy shield's durability. I doubt the Promethium Blade would inflict that much damage on the shields.

Promethium blade is one of the hardest metals in DC, it enables Deathstroke to cut jet wings in half, I am sure it will do a good amount of damage.

Easily near? Cortana easily surpasses Deathstroke's tactical mind, as well as intellect. She has hacked into Covenant and Forerunner technology alike. She's a unique A.I made from Dr.Hasley's DNA, so she's a lot smarter than most A.I's. Cortana can think at light-speed, if not near it. She even battled it out with a Covenant A.I and won. By the time Slade thinks of a single thought, Cortana has already analyzed the entire surroundings, the best route to get to certain locations, identify that Deathstroke is there, and who knows what more.

It doesn't matter how fast Cortana can think ,when it is MC that has to process the information she gives him and react.... MC couldn't hope to keep up with Deathstroke mentally in terms of tactics due to his enhancements. Cortana can tell him stuff at any speed she wants, but he still is limited by his brain function, which is 8 times slower than Deathstroke's.

#145 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: 8 times slower is probably an overexaggeration.

He may not be AS smart, but he is FAR above average human capacity.

Jmarshmallow

#146 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke without his Nth metal snapped a titanium sword in half. And Deathstroke has more than enough weaponry, whether that be his Promethium Blade, or his Blasting staff, and or bombs.

That's impressive, but not enough. A titanium sword is still thin compared to very large titanium plates/titanium shell, titanium bodysuit, hydrostatic gel designed to withstand extreme temperatures, and energy shields. Blasting staff and small explosives pale in comparison with the Covenant and Forerunner technology that have made UNSC weaponry from the year 2552 look like toy guns.

Promethium blade is one of the hardest metals in DC, it enables Deathstroke to cut jet wings in half, I am sure it will do a good amount of damage.

Unfortunately, Master Chief is far more durable than a jet.

• John's shields and armor tanks tons of Covenant plasma fire. I calculated it and the damage is between 100,000 to 150,000 volts.
  • Maria, a SPARTAN-II with the same MJOLNIR armor as John has, endures atmospheric re-entry with no problem (over 4000 ft.)
  • In two separate instances (pg.105 and pg.143) absorbs the damage of Fuel Rod Cannon fire, the Covenant equal of Rocket Launchers.

It doesn't matter how fast Cortana can think ,when it is MC that has to process the information she gives him and react.... MC couldn't hope to keep up with Deathstroke mentally in terms of tactics due to his enhancements. Cortana can tell him stuff at any speed she wants, but he still is limited by his brain function, which is 8 times slower than Deathstroke's.

The thing is, Master Chief's improved reaction speeds (in the millisecond range) enables him to cooperate with Cortana at remarkable speeds. Cortana could calculate all the possible information in the area and reduce it to the data that is important and relevant for John in a second. Master Chief has deflected a close-range SkyHawk missile before because Cortana fed him the right information.

#147 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9770 posts) - - Show Bio

Jmarshmallow

Prove it, that sounds like an assumption or an opinion. Has he has any enhancements to his brain that allows him to think faster than normal people?

#148 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Prove it, that sounds like an assumption or an opinion. Has he has any enhancements to his brain that allows him to think faster than normal people?

Yes. His augmentations pretty much enhanced every aspect of his mind. He literally saw a pin drop and ODST soldiers ambush him in slow motion.

• Punching bag and dropping a pin in slow motion.
  • Seeing Orbital Drop Shock Troopers attempt to ambush him in slow motion.

Statistically, the augmentations made John's reflex (which also accounts for thinking speed) increase 300%.

And then, after augmentations, the MJOLNIR armor increases that by a factor of five. John only mentions strength here, but it increases pretty much every area.

Here's the text version.

So that's John (after augmentation) with reaction speed three times a normal human, then times a factor of five with MJOLNIR on, enhanced by Cortana, which is OVER 15 times the reaction speed of an average man today.

#149 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9770 posts) - - Show Bio

That's impressive, but not enough. A titanium sword is still thin compared to very large titanium plates/titanium shell, titanium bodysuit, hydrostatic gel designed to withstand extreme temperatures, and energy shields. Blasting staff and small explosives pale in comparison with the Covenant and Forerunner technology that have made UNSC weaponry from the year 2552 look like toy guns.

That feat was without the aid his armor gives him. It increase his stats to an even further extent. I was also referring to him slicing him with his sword after he brought down his energy shields with a bomb, or something like that. These bombs are strong enough to kill a semi depowered lobo, though this lobo's simple punches were strong enough to break Nth metal off of Deathstroke face, something an apartment building explosion couldn't achieve.

Another difference I would like to point out is that the feats of Durability you have shown is physical force, not piercing, which is completely different on many occasions. I'll show some durability feats for Deathstroke.

Here he deflects helicopter machine gun rounds.

He also survives an impact of a nuclear submarine thrown by a powerful meta human named Legacy. Also note, he continued fighting.

Another example of his durability is him surviving an apartment building explosion without a scratch.

The thing is Deathstroke has amazing explosive durability, same as you have shown with MC.

The thing is, Master Chief's improved reaction speeds (in the millisecond range) enables him to cooperate with Cortana at remarkable speeds. Cortana could calculate all the possible information in the area and reduce it to the data that is important and relevant for John in a second. Master Chief has deflected a close-range SkyHawk missile before because Cortana fed him the right information.

Improved reaction speed is different than brain processing speed.

#150 Edited by Cable_Extreme (9770 posts) - - Show Bio

• Punching bag and dropping a pin in slow motion.
  • Seeing Orbital Drop Shock Troopers attempt to ambush him in slow motion.

That is a good showing of his reaction time.

Statistically, the augmentations made John's reflex (which also accounts for thinking speed) increase 300%.

Remember that Deathstroke has an 900 % in brain function.

And then, after augmentations, the MJOLNIR armor increases that by a factor of five. John only mentions strength here, but it increases pretty much every area.

Here's the text version.

So that's John (after augmentation) with reaction speed three times a normal human, then times a factor of five with MJOLNIR on,enhanced by Cortana, which is OVER 15 times the reaction speed of an average man today.

That is not correct calculation. If the suit enhances reaction time by a factor of 5 for a normal human, then the armor makes your reflexes 500% faster, and then you add on his 300% reflexes and you get 700%. Deathstroke is 900% enhanced.