Master Chief vs Darth Vader

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By steelhound56

The Didact is immortal? Then how did John defeat him at the end of Halo 4?.

"Force like" is not the Force. And you're talking like the Didact soloed the Flood X Forerunner and Human x Forerunner conflicts on his own. That obviously didnt happen.

Star Wars EU has several weapons and ships capable of busting planets, not limited to the Death Star.

Vader's reaction time is still >>>> the Didact's from showings

Vader's combat speed is still >>> the Didacts from showings

Vader for the blitz win, since I am assuming that the Didact's armor can still be cut by a lightsaber.

alozie2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By alozie2k

@retnex said:

Considering all the factors, I.E- The force vs speed and, well, bullets. Who would win between the two? The fight takes place on Guardian with the two on complete opposite ends. No prep time. Darth Vader has light saber, while Master Chief has AR, pistol, and fou r frag gernades. There's a sword hidden somewhere on the map.

patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By patzello

I do not know what MC's stats or feats are, but my understanding is that he is more or less just a ripped, kick ass kinda guy.Even if you take out the Dark Side, it is not like Anakin/Darth is a wuss. He is skilled in lightsaber fighting as well as hand to hand.

If you were to just go with the movies, Darth has killed people without touching them, blocked Han's blaster at about 15 feet away, cut down a platform with a lightsaber throw, thrown objects well over his own size with his mind, withstood the punishment of the Emperor amongst other things. Include comics/books? It gets worse.

A fight with Boba Fett may be more interesting?

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader has the force so how is this not a stomp? He plucks chief up and leaves him hanging in the air unable to move, I'm not sure what chief can do to counter that.

raythelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Vader will crush Chief

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullets are faster and more deadly then blaster fire. Just saying.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Might end up the same as Chief's first encounter with the Didact really.

eternalnature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Vader is chump.

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader easy.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Stormdriven

Why is this still going on? Darth Vader takes this with extreme ease.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Going to give it to the guy who has mastered controlling the microbiological organisms that control the entire galaxy/life itself...

All too easy.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drache64 said:

Going to give it to the guy who has mastered controlling the microbiological organisms that control the entire galaxy/life itself...

All too easy.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By ShootingNova

Vader never mastered Midi-chlorian manipulation. He has shown no ability in doing so, in fact. It'd be nice if people stopped making up information.

And how does Midi-chlorian manipulation even affect this fight on any scale? MC has no Midi-chlorians at all.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth vader just has more impressive fears in what I've read in comics, and seen on movies, tv shows, video games. His Force shields are really powerful, they can withstand force waves that have the ability to disinagrate bodies in seconds. Plus the dude has telekinesis and a fucking lightsaber. Not to mention his child hold. The bullets wouldn't even touch vader. Mac wouldn't touch vader.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By deathstroke19

@shootingnova: Wouldn't Darth Plagueis be considered to have "mastered" Midi-chlorian manipulation much more?

Oh and Vader FTW.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: Vader has never affected Midi-chlorians. The only master of this ability is Darth Plagueis, and Palpatine to a lesser extent.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke19: Yes, to what? You asked if Plagueis mastered Midi-chlorian manipulation "much more". There is no comparison, because Vader never mastered Midi-chlorian manipulation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Vader.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be locked, Vader wins this with no effort.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By deathstroke19

@shootingnova: So.... Yes to Plagueis mastering Midi-chlorine more then Vader because Vader never mastered it at all?

Lol

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ShootingNova
Avatar image for thegoddamnmasterchief
TheGoddamnMasterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MC blows his head off with a grenade. Oh, and the Didact can just turn Vader's brain off.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ShootingNova

Grenades are not killing Vader. Vader has tanked explosions, high voltage electricity nets, collapsing cathedrals and lightsaber strikes. He could also potentially just throw the grenade away with TK.

And as far as I know, Vader could potentially speedblitz. That said, again, I don't know what MC's speed feats are, so I won't say that with conviction.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader never mastered Midi-chlorian manipulation. He has shown no ability in doing so, in fact. It'd be nice if people stopped making up information.

And how does Midi-chlorian manipulation even affect this fight on any scale? MC has no Midi-chlorians at all.

bro, if you can't manipulate Midi-Chlorians you are not a Force User. not making up information, you're just taking my statement too literal. Midi-Chlorians are in everything, at least that's is what my Master Yoda taught me... All I'm saying is that:
Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

MC blows his head off with a grenade. Oh, and the Didact can just turn Vader's brain off.

Please... MC would die in an instant.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ShootingNova
@drache64 said:

bro, if you can't manipulate Midi-Chlorians you are not a Force User. not making up information, you're just taking my statement too literal. Midi-Chlorians are in everything, at least that's is what my Master Yoda taught me... All I'm saying is that:

Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Being a Force-user is not Midi-chlorian manipulation by any stretch of the imagination. All it is is having Midi-chlorians within you. That is not manipulation by any means, especially since a vast majority of Force users lack the means to affect Midi-chlorians at all.

Midi-chlorian manipulation is a Force power that was used by Darth Plagueis (and to a lesser extent, Palpatine) to actually manipulate them and affect life through such means.

So yes, you are making up information. Never in any form of SW media, be it the movies or EU, has Vader manipulated Midi-chlorians or affected them on any scale.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@drache64:

bro, if you can't manipulate Midi-Chlorians you are not a Force User. not making up information, you're just taking my statement too literal.

No offense dude but you are.

This have never been stated in the Star Wars Universe.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#80 frozen  Moderator

If this is movie Vader vs Game Chief then Chief stomps. But if we're considering the EU version of Vader against Chief with his game, comic and book feats, I don't see Chief winning. Chief has consistent shown himself to be a superhuman in the likes of The Fall of Reach and First Strike, but after seeing feats of the EU Vader, Chief's feats are simply not good enough to warrant him a win. He doesn't have the advantages necessary to take a consistent majority over him.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Vader wins, via force choke.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Vader

LordMasterGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really lowball movie Vader a lot I see. You have to remember that star wars came out in the 70's so effects weren't that great. And it's a movie so they pretty much water down everything. Having that said, Vader is a jedi/sith he is a pre-cog as stated in Ep#1 and has tp. he probes peoples minds while simultaneously fighting them and throwing objects around the room at them all at once! he uses his surroundings and your own mind in combat. He blocked blaster bolts without a light saber and force choked someone through a monitor screen, while on different space station if memory serves. Bottom line, Vader has this in the bag, be it movie or EU!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Pokergeist

Vader force stomps. Also Master Chief sucks in close combat.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drache64:

bro, if you can't manipulate Midi-Chlorians you are not a Force User. not making up information, you're just taking my statement too literal.

No offense dude but you are.

This have never been stated in the Star Wars Universe.

OMG, lol I'm using the english language, I'M NOT SAYING DARTH VADER CREATES LIFE OUT OF THE FORCE! I'm saying he can manipulate Midi-chlorians, manipulate as in:

ma·nip·u·lateməˈnipyəˌlāt/verb

1. 1.handle or control (a tool, mechanism, etc.), typically in a skillful manner."he manipulated the dials of the set"
    synonyms:operate, work; More

Darth Vader has mastered (and i don't mean Grand Master Luke Mastery) the force. I only stressed what the "force" is (IE: Midi-Chlorians). now don't get hung up on this anymore, whether Vader can create life from the force or not (and he CAN'T) has no barring on this fight.

Vader beats MC because he can sense MC's motives. If MC aims for Vader's face, he knows before the trigger is even pulled that he needs to move or have his saber there to deflect.

MC outclasses Vader in Strength,Speed, Agility, and Reaction time Among other Stats but not when you consider the Force. With the force Vader is faster, stronger, and precognitive.

grenades will be pushed back, bullets will hardly hit (even if they do his armor is lightsaber resistant), long range will only give vader the advantage as force has no limited range for him and it gives him more precognitive reaction time, and hand to hand will not work either as vader could take a few mortally wounding hits (if MC could be so lucky) and then kill MC with a flick of his saber. MC literally has nothing short of calling in a planetary strike to give Vader pause. I'm going to be very VERY kind and say Vader takes the Majority and leave it at that.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86  Edited By cameron83

He does?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2 said:

He does?

Oh yeah. Even in the novels he gets wrecked by the simple fighting of Brutes or the crappy fighting skills of Elite.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83 said:

@cadencev2 said:

He does?

Oh yeah. Even in the novels he gets wrecked by the simple fighting of Brutes or the crappy fighting skills of Elite.

......Why do people tell me that he has h2h skills that rival Deathstroke? Wtf!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

@cameron83 said:

@cadencev2 said:

He does?

Becuase they are silly. show me one game cutscene where he has Hand to Hand skills. lol. Really want to see his hand to hand, look up captain America vs Master chief threads. MC has nothing on panel, in game scene, ect to compare in skill.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@cameron83 said:

@cadencev2 said:

He does?

Becuase they are silly. show me one game cutscene where he has Hand to Hand skills. lol. Really want to see his hand to hand, look up captain America vs Master chief threads. MC has nothing on panel, in game scene, ect to compare in skill.

True.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ShootingNova

@drache64: You are still incorrect. Midi-chlorians are not the Force. They are linked to one's potential in the Force, but they are not the Force themselves. If anything, they are conceived by the Force. Handling the Force is not the same as handling Midi-chlorians, or else every Jedi and Sith would have been manipulators of Midi-chlorians, which they aren't. That is an ability mastered only by Plagueis, and to a lesser extent, Sidious.

Now, please, show me Vader manipulating Midi-chlorians.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drache64: You are still incorrect. Midi-chlorians are not the Force. They are linked to one's potential in the Force, but they are not the Force themselves. If anything, they are conceived by the Force. Handling the Force is not the same as handling Midi-chlorians, or else every Jedi and Sith would have been manipulators of Midi-chlorians, which they aren't. That is an ability mastered only by Plagueis, and to a lesser extent, Sidious.

Now, please, show me Vader manipulating Midi-chlorians.

I'm not going to insult your intelligence, i'm just going to post this:

now don't get hung up on this anymore, whether Vader can create life from the force or not (and he CAN'T) has no barring on this fight.

and then ask that you don't derail this thread. if you have any other questions about what i was implying or wish to split hairs further about the dichotomy between "The Force" and "Midi-chlorians" please private message me so i can ignore you there. thank you.

Do you have ANY reason why MC would win this fight? If not then just stop.

Just. Stop. ;)

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Totally false, if you read the books, he has beaten elites, and brutes at close combat, he has had H2H combat skills his whole life, so read some Halo books then get back to me on that one lol.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Totally false, if you read the books, he has beaten elites, and brutes at close combat, he has had H2H combat skills his whole life, so read some Halo books then get back to me on that one lol.

Nope, seen the book pages posted in Space Marine vs MC debates. He sucks. Really bad.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Eisenfauste
No Caption Provided

@cadencev2:

Him vs. several elite ODST troopers, he kills several of them, he is also a teenager when this happened.

No Caption Provided

^ Him defeating an elite in H2H

No Caption Provided

^ Him vs. a Brute

He was trained for H2H since he was a child, he has killed or severely injured handlers in H2H when he was a child, or a young teenager, he also has reaction time down to 20 milliseconds, which means that in H2H he would be able to make fast strikes, blockes, and grabs

They are mans best trained soldiers, so yes they are exceptional at H2H, if you don't see it that way then I agree to disagree.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Pokergeist

@eisenfauste: I seen all that. He nearly kills normal humans with his Super Human stats, not skill. Nothing is skillful in that showing. Nothing skill wise is mention. Just his superior stats.

The book examples show nothing like true skill either. He had to work for those wins, nothing effortlessly in skill there. Nothing close to Captain America, Wolverine, or Batman in skill.

Here I have a idea, show me how many martial arts MC has Mastered. Better yet, show me a quote that has the word "Skill" or close to it in there. Show me a Game Scene or Movie Scene or anything of Master Chief skill anywhere on the same level of even say Spider Man! Show me something.

Im not saying he is incompetent in a fight, he simply is not very skillful in Close Combat.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Chief wouldn't win... the Didact has similar powers to Vader and Chief was helpless and only able to in at the end of the game because the Didact was playing with him.

Sonic_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader wins...... Master Chief is a joke compared to him. Darth Vader just uses the force to kill him. Done. Over with.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: @eisenfauste: Master Chief has been trained since age six to murder people... I'm thinking it's safe to say that he is pretty good in close combat. even if we (people voting Vader wins) concede that MC is Captain America/Death Stroke level in CC, how will that help him against a pre-cog who can choke him out/throw him without even moving?

not sure if it's cannon or not but Vader once went toe to toe against Boba Fett without using Force Powers, Fett beat him. Vader was impressed then disabled the bounty hunter in a split second using the force....

Darth Vader: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drache64 said:

@cadencev2: @eisenfauste: Master Chief has been trained since age six to murder people... I'm thinking it's safe to say that he is pretty good in close combat. even if we (people voting Vader wins) concede that MC is Captain America/Death Stroke level in CC, how will that help him against a pre-cog who can choke him out/throw him without even moving?

not sure if it's cannon or not but Vader once went toe to toe against Boba Fett without using Force Powers, Fett beat him. Vader was impressed then disabled the bounty hunter in a split second using the force....

Darth Vader: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Problem is, there is no proof, and more proof via feats of the books themselves, that MC is not anywhere close to DS or Cap in skill. He may be a great shot, and taught tactics, but his Hand to Hand performances are poor. He wins mostly due to stats and gear than raw skill.