• 119 results
#1 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering all the factors, I.E- The force vs speed and, well, bullets. Who would win between the two? The fight takes place on Guardian with the two on complete opposite ends. No prep time. Darth Vader has light saber, while Master Chief has AR, pistol, and fou r frag gernades. There's a sword hidden somewhere on the map.

#2 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader

#3 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" Vader "

#4 Posted by Johnny_Blazed (1114 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" Vader "
"

#5 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader, probably. Not a guaranteed win though.

#6 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Vader

#7 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

MC outclasses him physically, and i would think in battlefield strategy.

I don't thin MC could take shots form the lightsabre, maybe one, but after the shields fail, he is toast with another shot.

could go eitherway.

I give it to MC 55/100

slight edge.

#8 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

well, I'm glad its not to one sided

#9 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

DV(Darth Vader)

#10 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

With the loadout specified for MC, I give it to Vader in most instances.  Sneaking and sniping are chancy at best against force-users, and Vader's telekinesis can bypass MC's defenses and neutralize his physical advantages.  Now if there was a wider spectrum of weapons and a vehicle or two, it's conceivable that MC could work out a way to win.  But Vader's not exactly inexperienced either, and has fought some seriously formidable foes one-on-one (the Dark Woman, Darth Maul, not to mention all his campaigns and missions during the Clone Wars), so he probably won't go waltzing into a trap unprepared.

#11 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

MC could win.  Darth Vader isn't very impressive from the movies really.  Force Push and Force Choke could be a nuisance but they won't kill MC.  MC could just shoot Vader even while being choked, actually.

I don't know.  I was just never that impressed with Vader.  A lot of the other Jedi from the books and stuff are more powerful based on feats.  Vader's powerful on hearsay. 

#12 Posted by Omega-Mekix (594 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be Master Chief's hardest battle. I'm giving this to Vader, even if MC finds the sword and it can par with a lightsaber Vader's sword weilding skills are far greater. Bullets would never harm Vader and he's too smart to fall for grenades, the sword is Chef's best chance. 

#13 Posted by Grey-Boss (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterGuyMan said:
MC could just shoot Vader even while being choked, actually.
I have a question, if someone is choking you violently, how are you gonna be able to aim a gun and shoot.

Not just that thought, Vader ha the Force Crush, which crushes the larynx immediatley.
#14 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be cool to see,but I'm-a go with Vader.

#15 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite Hasely's SPARTAN II super steroids as well as the obivous addition of the MJONLAR Mark V, erma have to say that the force beats all. Vader will win.

#16 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grey-Boss said:
" I have a question, if someone is choking you violently, how are you gonna be able to aim a gun and shoot.Not just that thought, Vader ha the Force Crush, which crushes the larynx immediatley. "
In the books, Spartans take tremendous punishment and can still continue fighting.  MC himself made a jump from a falling plane at cruising altitude and continued the mission.  One Spartan continued fighting a running battle after sustaining a collapsed lung.

The movie Vader really lacks any feats.  A lot of other Jedi have some impressive feats but from canon sources, the Jedi aren't that impressive.  Lucas only considers the movies canon.
#17 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader, curbstomps him, Force=Win

#18 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterGuyMan said:
"@Grey-Boss said:
" I have a question, if someone is choking you violently, how are you gonna be able to aim a gun and shoot.Not just that thought, Vader ha the Force Crush, which crushes the larynx immediatley. "
In the books, Spartans take tremendous punishment and can still continue fighting.  MC himself made a jump from a falling plane at cruising altitude and continued the mission.  One Spartan continued fighting a running battle after sustaining a collapsed lung.The movie Vader really lacks any feats.  A lot of other Jedi have some impressive feats but from canon sources, the Jedi aren't that impressive.  Lucas only considers the movies canon."

Good point. Only the movies are canon. And movie Vader doesn't really show good enough feats.
#19 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Akwa:
I actually thought everyone would go wit MC and complain that it was one sided.
#20 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

The force is kind of overrated, especially going with movie feats alone.

Like i said in another thread, everytime somebody breaks out the force it's like, "Ok, everybody put down the lightsabres, it's time to play tug-of war over heavy objects with the force." there is an occasional force push thrown in during regular melee, but it isnt incorporated very often.

Vader, specifically looks like an idiot when he actually attacks. because of that costume he could hardly move. I know vader was supposed to be a lot more impressive, but based on his performance in the movies, he's a putz.

MC would handle vader of the movies. I made it closer in my original post giving more credit to vader because i was sure he must be more impressive in the expanded universe.

#21 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesnt vader just deflect the bullets with his saber or the force and then force crush the MC's throat.

#22 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader should win this

#23 Edited by Distortion (320 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Master Chief finds a way to kill Vader very quickly, he is going to get force choked.  Jango Fett has killed many Jedis,   theoretically  MC could win, but if he makes a single mistake, it's over.     Vader wins.

#24 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@ADAMocracy: I think even movie Vader would win...Vader could just levitate and throw MC around using the Force, or pin MC to a wall using the Force (thereby incapacitating MC), walk up to MC and kill him with his lightsabre
of course Vader could get sprayed by bullets so I'd say 6/10 in favour of movie Vader

but I'm not sure how MC's bullets would interact with Vader's lightsabre 

they might just pass through the lightsabre...because the bullets are traveling so fast, I don't think they would be vaporised
if the lightsabre only melts the bullets, then there would still be small blobs of super-heated molten metal flying at high velocity into Vader

EU Vader stomps of course
#25 Posted by Hohotask (24 posts) - - Show Bio

A Spartan!

A force user!

I rest my case!

#26 Posted by e3zombie (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Vader in the books is waaay more powerful than in the movies.

Master Chief's armor is titanium, the light saber will cut him in half. Darth could just crush his heart with the force.

#27 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Vader takes Out Master Chiefs easy.

#28 Edited by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

EU Vader sithstomps poor John....

Even if John has the better physicals (which is highly debatable, aside from the strength department), Vader is simply too much for him to handle....

Vader has moved so fast (in bursts) he's seemed to not move at all. And that was against a Jedi with Force enhanced reflexes and speed.

His saber skill, combined with his tactical mind (he did lead the 501st in several campaigns across the galaxy, and was a General in the Clone Wars) and his absolutely MONSTROUS TK and Force Abilities (he makes the Didact's TK look like a joke, and the Didact pretty much had John dead to rights a few times by simply immobilizing him with TK)

Vader wins 9/10 matches

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (17828 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't this been done before?

#30 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

DV

#31 Posted by Ultra_Girl_ (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fortified_Hooligan said:

MC outclasses him physically, and i would think in battlefield strategy.I don't thin MC could take shots form the lightsabre, maybe one, but after the shields fail, he is toast with another shot.could go eitherway.I give it to MC 55/100slight edge.
#32 Posted by Joygirl (20045 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief comes skulking up with his BFG, Vader turns and goes "I sense something... a small disturbance in the Force." Realizing Vader is onto him, MC releases a volley of bullets. Vader lifts one hand and they stop in midair. "You are unwise to underestimate the power of the Dark Side," he seethes, before grabbing the spartan, lifting him into the air by his throat (with the Force) and snapping his neck from inside his armor. Armor cannot protect you from something that always surrounds you and... hehe... penetratez you.

#33 Posted by dngn4774 (3184 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader can use the force to:

Block incoming fire

Remove all of MC's weapons

Toss MC's body like a ragdoll

or just Force Choke him to death like all of his other victims.

Vader wins hands down. This would've been much closer if DV could only use his lightsaber.

#34 Posted by monarch_prime (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Vader.

#35 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesnt say movie version Vader; and i know that comic book Vader is pretty ridiculous. I dont put John out of the fight though. For those who played Halo 4, you know you can deal with beings able to play with powerful telekinesis. But, The Force is not just telekinesis, as their are many other abilities that come with that trained gift. John, on the other hand, has a lot of potential with his speed and strength enhancements, though i dont suggest he try for a h2h win. In the end, i dont see how John can win. Vader wins, after a fairly long fight and not for John's lack of effort.

#36 Posted by Wyldsong (5596 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

It doesnt say movie version Vader; and i know that comic book Vader is pretty ridiculous.

With no clarification, and no pictures, and this being a forum for comic book battles, and at least one character is supposed to be a comic character, I would assume that we are using comic versions.

#37 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Vader has this.

#38 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong: Yeah, i was just saying my piece...you know. But, I am pretty sure that Halo has its own comic series too. In fact, i know i saw it at my comic book shop this last Sunday. Not a lot of issues, but it's there. No idea about any of the feats John may have either.

#39 Posted by Frocharocha (2309 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry Chief, but Vader wins. He could crush him by inside.

#40 Edited by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

who do you think wins?
#41 Posted by Wolfrazer (6906 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader for sure.

#42 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader vs The Didact?

Vader. The Didact displayed some decent telekinesis, nothing like the displays of telekinetic power Vader is capable of summoning.

Vader is also faster by showings, has a constant preternatural awareness of his surroundings, and can counter The Didact's telekinesis so that it does not affect him.

Not to mention he possesses precognition that is sufficient enough to predict and counter every move the Didact can think of via his Force Sensitivity.

The Didact has absolutely zero combat feats aside from being able to restrain John telekinetically. Heck, a few hard light constructs of Cortana were able to hold him long enough for John to deliver a killing blow. I wouldnt presume that the copies of Cortana could even begin to do that to Vader.

#43 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohotask: To be fair, Elites >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Battle Droids

#44 Posted by Hohotask (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox said:

@Hohotask: To be fair, Elites >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Battle Droids

When did this turn into a Elites vs Battle Droids thread?

I was mearly stating their strength/speed etc! And anyone who is arguing that a spartan can take a jedi master is out of their mind!

#45 Posted by celtic (776 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief would whoop Movie Vaders ass

10/10 with his hands tied behind his back.

#46 Posted by ascenscion (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader with force = Vader wins

Vader without force = Chief wins

Chief is physically superior, tactically superior, has greater armour and, if he can find the sword, will destroy Vader 1-1. Even without sword he's quick enough to disarm Vader and break him in half (see Halo novel where I think Kelly disarms an elite and kills three with one swipe of an energy sword). However, with the force, MC would have to get an extremely lucky (and nigh impossible with force sense) drop on Vader before he crushed him.

#47 Posted by KingAres109 (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

If this EU Vader then my Master win in a stomp.Movie Vader??I only seen SW3 so I'm not sure.

#48 Posted by ShootingNova (17828 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done before. And I don't know anything about Master Chief's feats, so I'll post Vader's capacity and then begone.

said:

I'm not exactly certain what Master Chief's feats are, but Vader has melted durasteel with his rage, knocked over titanic trees, crushed droids of gargantuan stature, crumbled cathedrals, thrown around ships, thrown people across alleyways, redirected projectiles and blaster shots with his bare hands, utilized Lightsaber Throw to the extent he was able to spin the blade around his body, ripped apart platforms to hurl debris at Roan Shryne, hurled everything possible in a Jedi Temple room against Ferus, moved so fast he was apparently "not there" when Ferus struck with his lightsaber (Ferus is a trained Force-user with all physical attributes heavily modified, including speed and reaction), and has used physical strength to slam people on the earth hard enough to crack stone beneath them, remain completely unaffected by the weight of a dozen stormtroopers, ripped off doors from ships (metal doors), crumpled crystalline pillars, and so on.

Again, I'm not certain where exactly Master Chief's feats stand, but those are some of Vader's most impressive feats. Most were accomplished before his prime, in fact.

Although I heard this was a stomp, as the thread I posted the above in was locked because it was a mismatch.

#49 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Vader.

#50 Posted by Frocharocha (2309 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

Vader vs The Didact?

Vader. The Didact displayed some decent telekinesis, nothing like the displays of telekinetic power Vader is capable of summoning.

Vader is also faster by showings, has a constant preternatural awareness of his surroundings, and can counter The Didact's telekinesis so that it does not affect him.

Not to mention he possesses precognition that is sufficient enough to predict and counter every move the Didact can think of via his Force Sensitivity.

The Didact has absolutely zero combat feats aside from being able to restrain John telekinetically. Heck, a few hard light constructs of Cortana were able to hold him long enough for John to deliver a killing blow. I wouldnt presume that the copies of Cortana could even begin to do that to Vader.

Didact has tons of combat feats.

The Didact is around 200,00 years old and it's said to be immortal like the majority of the Forerunners.

He fought battles not even Vader would win. Flood x Forerunner War and Human- Forerunner War.

A good majority of The Forerunners possesed force like powers.

According to Cryptum, The Didact armor grants him ominescense over a vast ratio and thousands of ways to protect itself. His armor also gives him immunity to almost all kind of attacks.

Even without his armor he's able to win stand many shoots from Forerunner weaponry with little injury.

The oldest forms of war from The Forerunners were planet busters.

The Didact is said to be the most powerful Forerunner ever apart from the Ur Didact. Armor from Forerunner soldiers are said to be 3x times more powerful than a Mjornil Mark Vi which were used by Spartans 2.