#1 Edited by randomcharachter (405 posts) - - Show Bio

VS

Chief got a asault rifle and a energy sword

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30160 posts) - - Show Bio

All of his weapons? Plasma Sword? Rocket Launcher? Gravity Hammer? Fuel Rod Cannon?

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30160 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously specific equipment is important here. MC could technically one shot Steve if he uses the Needler and it hits the right spot.

#4 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

* Spite *

MC Would Murder. CA can only dodge so much at once. He wont dodge all of MC's attacks at once. Once he gets hit with a Rocket Blast, Caps Dead.

#5 Posted by TheTmac (481 posts) - - Show Bio

Major spite. MC stomps this in so many ways.

#6 Edited by Sabboth (85 posts) - - Show Bio

With weapons, CA dies horribly.

Hand to hand, CA in a decent fight. CA is probably somewhere around twice the strength and can stand toe to toe with bats, MC doesn't have that amount of experience that I know of, he's trained in all military combat techniques and knows some martial arts. MC's armor will protect him for a while until he can't go any further.

#7 Posted by Veshark (9207 posts) - - Show Bio

I beg to differ. I think Cap would win this.

First off, the Captain has more experience, not only in combat but also in strategy. In his world, he's been fighting for approximately 40+ years now. And in that time, he's come face to face with undersea invasions, megalomaniacal world-conquerors, aliens, gods, and he's always triumphed no matter the odds. In contrast, Master Chief has only fought the Covenant for 27 years, and his time in that has largely been as a soldier. Yes, his armor links to him and gives him a faster thinking time, but Cap's threat-assessment is just as fast, plus he has eidetic memory - enabling him to recall everything from his experience. Comparing the two, I think that Captain America is better equipped to improvise and think fast in different situations. While Master Chief has only ever been in a soldier in a war (with some exceptions like the Flood), Cap has had to fight in multiple different scenarios before. For my money, if Captain America can't outfight Master Chief, he can sure as hell outthink him.

Secondly, why does no one mention Captain America's near-indestructible shield? The OP wasn't specific about the Master Chief's weaponry, but I doubt that there's anything in his arsenal that Cap's shield can't take. The only times when the shield has ever been broken is either through molecular manipulation, magic, or cosmic power, and I hardly think a rocket's gonna penetrate it. Not to mention that it absorbs kinetic waves, meaning that Cap won't fly off the ground every time he's hit. And as for the Needler, that weapon's hardly gonna be of any use against a man who's fast enough to dodge bullets. As depicted in Captain America #17, Cap 'sees' faster than ordinary humans do, and his reflexes are near-superhuman. And while I'll admit that Master Chief's armor is extremely difficult to penetrate through, Cap can either ram his shield through the armor, or use any number of explosives that he's known to carry (that utility belt isn't for nothing, you know!) for it. And Chief's augmented strength is nothing to Cap - he's taken hits from the Hulk before.

Now, all that being said, an argument could be made for Master Chief winning Captain America. If he has a huge arsenal of weaponry at the ready, it could overwhelm Cap. But it's hardly what I'd call a stomp. I'd give this one to Cap 7/10.

Thanks for reading.

#8 Posted by Sideslash (5994 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief. Easy.

#9 Posted by rolldestroyer (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief although not in a stomp

#10 Posted by ascenscion (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Master chief easy. In his suit stronger than cap, faster reaction time, possibly faster movement, more resilient, and has cortana AI for strategy as well as being far, far heavier and larger. MC can shatter the bones of elites, who are probably equal level strength to cap, in one punch. Kelly reacted faster than three elites.

#11 Posted by ToO_RaW (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done.

#12 Posted by krauser99 (851 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a blood lusted Cap?

#13 Posted by krauser99 (851 posts) - - Show Bio

A blood lusted Cap even without his special shield, can be pretty ruthless. Once he found out a big group of Shield Agents were enhanced Robots on a carrier IIRC. He took the kid gloves off and tore them apart. It was literally raining robot parts.

#14 Posted by tomlikesfries (5312 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wins because he is the strongest there is.

#15 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2839 posts) - - Show Bio

MC wins.

...though that Cap pic is boss. He wins that!

#16 Edited by SpideyPresence (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sabboth said:

Hand to hand, CA in a decent fight. CA is probably somewhere around twice the strength and can stand toe to toe with bats, MC doesn't have that amount of experience that I know of, he's trained in all military combat techniques and knows some martial arts. MC's armor will protect him for a while until he can't go any further.

Caps can bench a ton at best. MC at least 5, and i'm being generous.

#17 Edited by ToO_RaW (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief is Captain America under the armor. He was subjected to a procedure similar to the one applied to Steve Rogers. Except he also had his skeletal structure re-enforced with a metal alloy of some sort. All of the info is here

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_augmentation_procedures

MC Stomps.

#18 Edited by SavageDragon (2257 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap could survive a lot of what Chief throws at him. His shield is indestructible and he is a master combatant...that being said Cap couldnt stop Chief...His armor has helped him survive a fall from space. Chief eventually is able to win.

#19 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

MC for the win. CA is overrated

#20 Edited by Sabboth (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence said:

@Sabboth said:

Caps can bench a ton at best. MC at least 5, and i'm being generous.

EDIT: Ah, my source is apparently bad.

#21 Posted by dondave (39792 posts) - - Show Bio

MC ftw

#22 Posted by CosmosTyrant (501 posts) - - Show Bio

MC.

#23 Posted by SpideyPresence (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sabboth: It's cool dude.

#24 Posted by randomcharachter (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated the layout of MC

#25 Posted by Simon_the_digger (4346 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief ftw.

#26 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

I beg to differ. I think Cap would win this.

First off, the Captain has more experience, not only in combat but also in strategy. In his world, he's been fighting for approximately 40+ years now. And in that time, he's come face to face with undersea invasions, megalomaniacal world-conquerors, aliens, gods, and he's always triumphed no matter the odds. In contrast, Master Chief has only fought the Covenant for 27 years, and his time in that has largely been as a soldier. Yes, his armor links to him and gives him a faster thinking time, but Cap's threat-assessment is just as fast, plus he has eidetic memory - enabling him to recall everything from his experience. Comparing the two, I think that Captain America is better equipped to improvise and think fast in different situations. While Master Chief has only ever been in a soldier in a war (with some exceptions like the Flood), Cap has had to fight in multiple different scenarios before. For my money, if Captain America can't outfight Master Chief, he can sure as hell outthink him.

Secondly, why does no one mention Captain America's near-indestructible shield? The OP wasn't specific about the Master Chief's weaponry, but I doubt that there's anything in his arsenal that Cap's shield can't take. The only times when the shield has ever been broken is either through molecular manipulation, magic, or cosmic power, and I hardly think a rocket's gonna penetrate it. Not to mention that it absorbs kinetic waves, meaning that Cap won't fly off the ground every time he's hit. And as for the Needler, that weapon's hardly gonna be of any use against a man who's fast enough to dodge bullets. As depicted in Captain America #17, Cap 'sees' faster than ordinary humans do, and his reflexes are near-superhuman. And while I'll admit that Master Chief's armor is extremely difficult to penetrate through, Cap can either ram his shield through the armor, or use any number of explosives that he's known to carry (that utility belt isn't for nothing, you know!) for it. And Chief's augmented strength is nothing to Cap - he's taken hits from the Hulk before.

Now, all that being said, an argument could be made for Master Chief winning Captain America. If he has a huge arsenal of weaponry at the ready, it could overwhelm Cap. But it's hardly what I'd call a stomp. I'd give this one to Cap 7/10.

Thanks for reading.

What could Cap due to MC with MC's armor on?

#27 Posted by logy5000 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief. Easily.

#28 Posted by Veshark (9207 posts) - - Show Bio

As aforementioned, he could either use his shield to ram through Master Chief's armor or rely on explosives.

For the first method, Captain America has shown the strength to be able to knock the Hulk off his feet with his shield, close a missile silo doors by jamming the opening mechanism with his hands, and even knock out Namor with a single blow (twice I might add). I'm quite confident that he has enough strength to pierce Master Chief's titanium armor in its weak spots (which has been shown to crack given enough damage). As for the explosives method, Captain America has been shown using concussion grenades capable of taking down a Sleeper giant robot. I think that was a pretty impressive showing, as the charge was thrown into a single hole in the robot's eye, and the resulting explosion was able to not only blow the head off the robot (which towered over buildings at its height), but also send it crashing down into the Thames.

I'm not saying it would be easy, just that it isn't exactly in the realm of impossibility that Captain America could pierce the MJOLNIR armor.

#29 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

As aforementioned, he could either use his shield to ram through Master Chief's armor or rely on explosives.

For the first method, Captain America has shown the strength to be able to knock the Hulk off his feet with his shield, close a missile silo doors by jamming the opening mechanism with his hands, and even knock out Namor with a single blow (twice I might add). I'm quite confident that he has enough strength to pierce Master Chief's titanium armor in its weak spots (which has been shown to crack given enough damage). As for the explosives method, Captain America has been shown using concussion grenades capable of taking down a Sleeper giant robot. I think that was a pretty impressive showing, as the charge was thrown into a single hole in the robot's eye, and the resulting explosion was able to not only blow the head off the robot (which towered over buildings at its height), but also send it crashing down into the Thames.

I'm not saying it would be easy, just that it isn't exactly in the realm of impossibility that Captain America could pierce the MJOLNIR armor.

Doesn't the Armor also have shields as well? It is highly unlikely that Captain America would get past that with mere concussive force from a shield slam. On the other hand, MC will have to get past CA's shield which will prove difficult, but it will be a heck of a lot easier to disarm or go around the shield than for Captain America to use blunt force to break his MJOLNIR armor.

#30 Posted by Veshark (9207 posts) - - Show Bio

As repeatedly shown in the Halo games and novels, melee weapons can pass through energy shields because the shields don't activate unless the incoming weapon is fast enough (i.e. bullets and plasma). At the end of Halo Reach, Emile was able to stab the Zealot using nothing but a combat knife, and the Zealot's shields never flared up. And in Halo Wars, Forge was shown to be able to stab the Arbiter without the Arbiter's shields reacting. So it would be reasonable to conclude that the energy shields are a non-factor.

#31 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

As repeatedly shown in the Halo games and novels, melee weapons can pass through energy shields because the shields don't activate unless the incoming weapon is fast enough (i.e. bullets and plasma). At the end of Halo Reach, Emile was able to stab the Zealot using nothing but a combat knife, and the Zealot's shields never flared up. And in Halo Wars, Forge was shown to be able to stab the Arbiter without the Arbiter's shields reacting. So it would be reasonable to conclude that the energy shields are a non-factor.

For the grenades you mentioned, would be the only real threat.

#32 Posted by McHotcakes (735 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's shield was able to break through Iron Man's armor in Civil War, and Iron Man's armor is much stronger than Chief's is, so I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to break through that.

I actually think these two are pretty evenly matched.

If neither were in armor and it was a strait up brawl I'd say Chief wins, but barley.

Both guys geared up to do battle in a neutral location? It splits 50/50

But fighting in New York, Cap's hometown, I'd say Cap wins 60% of the time.