#1 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief has his assault rifle with three extra clips. Unfortunately, his shield can only recharge once. Captain America has his shield and a Colt 45 with 10 extra magazines, 2 frag grenades, and there is a mounted machine gun 50 yards behind him. They start 120 yards apart. Fight takes place in a field with bunkers scattered around. Who wins?

#2 Edited by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief. In Halo 4 his shielding.

Tanks a gigantic laser that completely vaporizes everyone around him, but him

Not only can his power armor can tank anything from Cap without much difficulty. MC can easily close to gap and while CC fighting pull out his Assault Rifle and kill Steve.

A Colt 45 isn't doing anything.

#3 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

This set up is probably supposed to make this battle seem fair, but everyone has to realize, one is Masterchief, one is Steve Rogers. Nuff said.

#4 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

This set up is probably supposed to make this battle seem fair, but everyone has to realize, one is Masterchief, one is Steve Rogers. Nuff said.

Does Steve get "Murica on his side?

#5 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immpossibru False. The shield didn't tank anything, The Librarian made it so the Composer wouldn't turn him into data. The Composer's beam just brought the shield down, it didn't tank anything. Also multiple Colt 45 rounds would being his shields down, it takes 4 from the pistol to bring them down. keep in mind his shield only has 1 recharge, no matter how depleted it is.

#6 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

This set up is probably supposed to make this battle seem fair, but everyone has to realize, one is Masterchief, one is Steve Rogers. Nuff said.

Does Steve get "Murica on his side?

Depends....if it is Steve's Murica clone...

...then no, he probably does not......lol

#7 Posted by SirMethos (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

With the Mjolnir armor, MC wins easily. Without the Mjolnir armor, Cap wins.

#8 Posted by SlimJ87D (9911 posts) - - Show Bio
@XImpossibruX said:

Master Chief. In Halo 4 his shielding.

Not only can his power armor can tank anything from Cap without much difficulty. MC can easily close to gap and while CC fighting pull out his Assault Rifle and kill Steve.

A Colt 45 isn't doing anything.

wait, which scene? I could recall people being vaporized a few times. 
#9 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Master Chief. In Halo 4 his shielding.

Tanks a gigantic laser that completely vaporizes everyone around him, but him

Not only can his power armor can tank anything from Cap without much difficulty. MC can easily close to gap and while CC fighting pull out his Assault Rifle and kill Steve.

A Colt 45 isn't doing anything.

wait, which scene? I could recall people being vaporized a few times.

The one where

Mission 7, Master Chief enters the space station to get the composer, and at the end of the mission as he's with the Doctor and suddenly giant ass machine shows up and vapes everyone, but only gets through MC's shield.
#10 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immpossibru Again, The Librarian did that, not the shield.

#11 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@Immpossibru Again, The Librarian did that, not the shield.

my bad :P

#12 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immpossibru No need to apologize. I just like my Halo. haha

#13 Posted by superman69 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chiefs owns Captain America.

#14 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

if i remember correctly the ammunition in halo is specially designed to dig through armor and shield due to how advanced the armor is. (that what i remember from the book, if im wrong correct me)

the pistol does captain little good. he puts up a good fight but ill put money on chief

#15 Posted by SlimJ87D (9911 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:

if i remember correctly the ammunition in halo is specially designed to dig through armor and shield due to how advanced the armor is. (that what i remember from the book, if im wrong correct me)

the pistol does captain little good. he puts up a good fight but ill put money on chief

Nope, it's normal rounds traveling at similar velocities of guns now a days. The rounds are FMJ and 7mm though, so has quite a bit of a kick to it. 
 

MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System
Production information
Manufacturer

Misriah Armory

Model

MA5D

Type

Individual Combat Weapon System

Cost

1693.00 cR

Technical specifications
Size
  • Length: 99.9 centimetres (39.3 in)
  • Height: 27.4 centimetres (10.8 in)
  • Width: 7.8 centimetres (3.1 in)
  • Weight: 7.1 kilograms (16 lb)
Damage Per Hit

Medium

Magazine Size

32 Rounds

Fire Mode

Automatic

Ammunition Type

M118 FMJ-AP, 7.62 x 51 mm

Operation

Gas-operated, magazine-fed

Rate of Fire

High

Accuracy

When fired in short controlled bursts at medium, range accuracy is high.

Usage
Era(s)

Post-War

Counterpart

Type-55 Directed Energy Rifle/Advanced Z-130 Directed Energy Automatic Weapon

Affiliation

UNSC  


MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System
Production information
Manufacturer

Misriah Armory

Model

MA5D

Type

Individual Combat Weapon System

Cost

1693.00 cR

Technical specifications
Size
  • Length: 99.9 centimetres (39.3 in)
  • Height: 27.4 centimetres (10.8 in)
  • Width: 7.8 centimetres (3.1 in)
  • Weight: 7.1 kilograms (16 lb)
Damage Per Hit

Medium

Magazine Size

32 Rounds

Fire Mode

Automatic

Ammunition Type

M118 FMJ-AP, 7.62 x 51 mm

Operation

Gas-operated, magazine-fed

Rate of Fire

High

Accuracy

When fired in short controlled bursts at medium, range accuracy is high.

Usage
Era(s)

Post-War

Counterpart

Type-55 Directed Energy Rifle/Advanced Z-130 Directed Energy Automatic Weapon

Affiliation

UNSC

#16 Posted by whacknasty (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

Would I be wrong in thinking Chief is physically superior to Cap? 
 
I am not up on my Halo knowledge, but he has the whole genetically engineered, top tier human stats going too, right? Or is it his armor that pushes him so high in his stats? : /

#17 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: thank you, caps gun should dig through shield, but not like an assault rifle

#18 Edited by TheMultiverse (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief was given basically the super soldier serum as a child, and raised in combat. Even before he was given the juice at age 14 he was already kind of super human some how. Super high in every category. His armor weighs 1,000 lbs, and his speed, reaction time, agility, intelligence, weapons and vehicle intuitive mastery are far above Caps. Chief takes on several alien races at once, and basically solo's them all. With the help of Cortana of course.

Chief.

#19 Edited by ZtheGreat (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief

Chief was designed by the forerunners specifically to not die. Unless my facts are crossed. His fate is determined from the beginning. So if this is taking place during Halo's continuity, which I assume it is, Chief wins
#20 Posted by ShiZZmAhh (526 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZtheGreat said:

Chief

Chief was designed by the forerunners specifically to not die. Unless my facts are crossed. His fate is determined from the beginning. So if this is taking place during Halo's continuity, which I assume it is, Chief wins

LOL what? Not true.

#21 Posted by MonsterStomp (17887 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to assume everyone commenting on this thread has played and finished Halo 4. So I'm not going to spoiler block it. Chief should be able to take this. His armor basically makes him Captain America x2. He has achieved every medal of war known in the 25th century making him alone a combat strategist, since he basically rides solo with an advanced A.I in his head. MC is simply quicker, stronger, smarter and more agile than Captain America. In Halo 4 Chief dived out of a window without a hint of self doubt that he could land on the aircraft. Calculating the possibilies of life and death, if he'd make it or not. Master Chief is simply a beast.

#22 Posted by ZtheGreat (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShiZZmAhh said:

@ZtheGreat said:

Chief

Chief was designed by the forerunners specifically to not die. Unless my facts are crossed. His fate is determined from the beginning. So if this is taking place during Halo's continuity, which I assume it is, Chief wins

LOL what? Not true.

Then what was the whole scene with the Librarian supposed to point out?

#23 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

With his armor Chief wins....Without it he loses to Cap

#24 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

Master Chief. In Halo 4 his shielding.

Tanks a gigantic laser that completely vaporizes everyone around him, but him

Not only can his power armor can tank anything from Cap without much difficulty. MC can easily close to gap and while CC fighting pull out his Assault Rifle and kill Steve.

A Colt 45 isn't doing anything.

That wasn't actually his armor. He was "upgraded" by the Librarian and was immune to the Didact's "compositing process".

#25 Posted by sync1 (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

How exactly is Capt. Supposed to hurt him..?

#26 Posted by AmonSet (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I haaaaaaaate Halo and everything it stands for but, I still stay the Chief got this. He is Captain America 2.0 maybe even 2.5.

#27 Posted by desmond006 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief should win because of superior stats.